Finish Line, Inc.

Finish Line, Inc. Employer Reviews

fast paced environment with lots to do
Floor Associate (Current Employee), Waterford, CTJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: fun enviorment
Cons: bad pay
a typical day at work starts with lots a tasking and selling. an associates main task is to sell because your pay is based off of commission.
Learning experience
Sales associate (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free dress
Cons: not enough hours
i became the stock sale associate, where i handled the shipment, backroom, and inventory. I also had to take the trash out every morning . It taught me how to do inventory intake and updates.
It is a great work environment. It is always fun to work in tea work and with the custumores.
Cashier (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: a $1 for every sports illustrated you get people to sign up for.
Cons: short breaks, not a lot of hours.
I usually just go to work and get what I need to be done. Co-workers were not that great, but I learned to work with them. The managers do a good job to maintain a great and fun environment with the customers. The Job was not that hard, I had to help finding the shoes that the customers needed, Ring them out, clean the cash-wrap, fold clothes constantly, do Send-sales. It gets worse in the winter time, because a lot of people purchase hoodies, and folding them was not too fun.I just got transferred to the Finish line in Braintree mall in Boston, MA. Hopefully it will be better.
Overall, I enjoyed working there, and my goal is making sure that the customers leave the store with a smile.
Great job great location
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tacoma WAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: benefits, macys card, staff
Cons: management was never around
I loved working for Finish Line Macys during the holidays. It was fast paced fun, and overall the people were amazing.
Organized workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Washington, PAJanuary 19, 2015
During a typical day at work I helped organize the sales floor, tagging apparel, and assisting customers. The co-workers were helpful and upbeat.
fun workplace
Restaurant Server (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: loved my co workers
Cons: short breaks health benefits
take customers orders
cash handling
clean tables
make tea
deliver food to tables/ lanes
Fairly well off
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Merrillville, INJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: interaction, friendly co-workers
Cons: short hours, short/no breaks if busy
Finish line has been an incredible experience for being a first time sales associate. Much can be learned from other co-workers and managers. Valuable lessons can be taught including time management, how to handle stress, and communication skills. The hardest part of the job is competing with co-workers for a higher goal rate due to receiving commission because you build friendship and "workships" with co-workers. The best part of my job is the interaction with the customers and getting to stay with them from the greeting to the final goodbye and good luck with you product/merchandise stage. Every day brings in something new and is a great experience.
I loved it
Stock Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), indianapolis INJanuary 14, 2015
I loved this job because it had nice benefits. I was only a teenager when i started and it was a great job to have. i started as a sales assoc. but then i earned my warehouse position. I only left because i had to focus on going to college. A normal day would be easy because of the environment they created.
Busy
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Braintree,MAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: mall employee discount, macy's and finish line discounts
Cons: no managers around, barely got breaks
A typical day at work here would be at certain points of the day it would go from really busy to dead within minutes. I didn't learn much from here because I've worked at other shoe stores before and they're practically the same. Management was awful, managers were barely there and when you needed help you had to figure it out on your own. I didn't get to work with a lot of my co-workers but the ones I did get to work with were very cool. The hardest part of my job would be the customers, because the Finish Line was inside of Macy's I would have a lot of Macy's customers asking me for help and I would have to explain to them why I couldn't help them. The most enjoyable part was helping people that would come to my job, I love to help people.
Prodeuctive fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: not enough pay
Busy Busy was a typical day making sure we meet numbers as a team and as a store.Hardest part of the job is completing a sale and trying convenience the customer why they should go with that shoe.
productive retail workplace
LEAD TEAM (Current Employee), saint pete flJanuary 13, 2015
Helping customers find the correct product for themselves, using the cash register, doing stock, online sales
Very vibrant work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), North Olmsted, OHJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: always working with different people.
Cons: a little unorganized.
A typical day at work is very hands on with customers, always moving.If I am not busy with a customer I keep myself occupied.I have learned to split my time between more customers. Management is decent. The store manager and one other manager is good. My co workers are awesome and a great team. Sometimes it can get a little crazy in the store.
Excellent work environment and a fun place to be
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ridgeland, MSJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: comission
Cons: not many work hours
A typical day at Finish Line would be pretty laid back. Greeting every customer and making sure that all sales were converted and accurate. Management always make sure that you on your job and that you are constantly busy so that there is no idol time. Being able to work with such great coworkers make the job interesting and fun. Even though there is much work to get done and lots of sales goals to meet, interacting with your coworkers and customers make the job less stressful, and more willing to work. The hardest part of the job is nothing, meaning that everybody works together as a team, no job is harder for one person than it is for the next.. Finish Line's mission statement is Go T.E.A.M., and taking heed to this mission statement has made me a better coworker, a better sales associate, and a better team player. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to satisfy customers.
Productive Fun, Friendly work place
Cashier/ Sales Representative (Former Employee), Harper Woods, MIJanuary 5, 2015
Working at Finish line was fun but its mostly for maybe high school kids.
It can be a great place to work for.
CUSTOMER CARE, CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2015
I have learned a lot working at Finish Line but it does seem that once you have become one of their top employees you are pretty much on your own. They tend to lean towards the ones that don't work that hard or don't show up that often. If you want your hard work to be awarded by pay or moving up to in the company this is not the place. They like the ones that don't do the work.
Finishline
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Harper Woods, MIJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: everything!!!
Cons: none.
Perfect first job. I loved working here everyday. I would love to go back.
Selling shoes and accessories
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: seasonal
Selling and recommending different shoes to customers, as well as accessories like shoe cleaner, laces, socks, and clothes. I learned that recommending new products instead of one that the customer is seeking can make sells. Co-workers were very helpful and the hardest part of the job was if a customer was looking for a certain shoe and if we did not have the shoe in stock it would ruin the customers experience.
Great summer job, with very flexible hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Commack, NYDecember 31, 2014
I worked for Finish Line from June 29th to September 3rd of 2014 and my experience there was stellar. Management was very understanding about things like coverage and availability, sales expectations were clearly outlined and the shifts were reasonably assigned.
based on competition
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 30, 2014
management is bad. you work alone most the time only work for 4-6 hours a day or sometimes all way by youeself for $8 an hour + 1% commission. they are based on commission and selling useless products that customers will not buy. easy job its just the bad management. and slow days with nothing to do, usually get yelled at for "not doing anything". co workers were awesome very friendly, never worked with them that much. I did like the 30% discount of shoes and other merchandise.
Great place to work!!
Talent Acquisition Partner (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 26, 2014
A very fast paced environment with management that really care about their employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About Finish Line, Inc.

The Finish Line is racing for athletic footwear sales. The company sells performance and casual footwear and apparel through a – Read more

Finish Line, Inc. Photos