Finish Line, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,281 reviews matching the search
productive and competitive.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 29, 2016
Working at finish line gave me many different skills. Learning how to multitask was one of the major ones. Being a sales associate means that you have to focus on all your customers not just one. Staying busy was always a must. Working with cash and interacting talking an staying positive, evening when you had a goal to reach. Fish Line is really amazing for someone who is starting out in retail.
Pros
discount on shoes and clothes.
Cons
short breaks and having to reach a limit each month to make a descent income.
Typical Retail
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILAugust 29, 2016
Advancement within the company typically ends with Store Manager. Long hours, hard work = burnt out ver quickly. Store Managers are on salary and work 60+ hours/week, even more during peak seasons. Company is fun but has too high of expectations. Corporate does not give enough labor hours for stores, which results in more internal and external theft, which then puts the blame on the store manager.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILAugust 29, 2016
I worked at finish line for 2 years and I really liked it a lot I learned a lot from working there its a very warm and fun place to work I enjoyed my time there.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 28, 2016
I would come into work and immediately start helping customers. It was so easy to help customers because everyone back home knew who i was because of sports so it made my job really easy. My co-workers were nice I knew most of them through high school.
Fun fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 26, 2016
It was a fun college job. Fast paced, decent money, good sales experience. Commission based, what you wanted to make was on you. The only downfall is you only made good money during peak hours (weekends) and tax free, christmas.
Good College Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2016
Great Job for the fresh out of HS/College age person. Very easy to advance if talented enough in retail. Long hours, pay is a variable due to commission status.
Fun workplace with great employees.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAAugust 24, 2016
The culture built at finish line was one that was very welcoming in many ways. I learned how to improve my people skills and engaging with customers was the most fulfilling part of every day I was there. Management really encouraged us to push each other as co workers and that created a healthy and competitive workplace environment.
Great place to work!
Davenport, IA-Kokomo, IN, Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILAugust 23, 2016
I love working for finish line! Being a manager for Finish Line taught me how to take ownership of my work, and how to hold other people accountable for there's at the same time! I learned how to develop people and make to make fast, but smart decisions in a fast/high paced environment. I also became extremely experienced in stock room organization.

The only real problem I have with the job is how i never have set days off and my schedule is always changing. Which wasn't a bad thing when i was younger, but know that i am getting older i am looking for a more consistent schedule.
Pros
discounted shoes and apparel
Cons
worked every holiday
Good work environment
Sales Associate and Stocker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 22, 2016
Typical day of work is sale shoes or shoe accessories and clean up the shoes if they were out of place. Management was good at reaching the store goals. Co-workers was great and hard workers. I enjoyed helping the customer find a pair of shoes that suites them the best.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Short breaks, Short Lunches
Finish Line Inc
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILAugust 18, 2016
Assistant Store Manager October 2007 – December 2008

• Mentored, trained, developed, managed and promoted staff members

• Monitored operations to ensure that standards are met and maintained regarding

customer service, merchandise presentations, store cleanliness, shrinkage, and

operating cost controls.

• Monitored deliveries to, and product movement within the Store to ensure effective

inventory and merchandise management
This was a great place to work at with great people.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXAugust 17, 2016
Everyday I come in, I take the trash out. I finish shipment from previous days. I receive shipment at noon. I stock new shipment 'till 1:30. I receive my lunch break. I finish shipment. I'm off by 3. I learned to manage time. The co workers were amazing. The hardest part of the job was not to stay behind. The most enjoyable part of the job was the socializing.
Pros
pay, benefits, people, environment
Cons
reptitive
Great place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  NCAugust 16, 2016
Fun
productive
upbeat and quick paced environment
must be read to work
providing customers with best service
teaching associates on the daily
weekly stock
Great company
MIT (Manager in Training) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 15, 2016
Great company to work for, Excellent benefits package including 41k and etc. Very family oriented company i love it!! If you luck enough to become a store manager you can make a substantial amount of money.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Weekends
Very fun and upbeat place to work.
Stock & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 14, 2016
A typical day at finish line consists of clocking in, counting the money in the register then getting straight to work. You sign into your register and began to help customers at check out. Sometimes they may need a size in a certain shoe, although that may not necessarily be your job, you are still expected to help the customer in anyway possible. My main job is to make sure the customer has a great shopping experience.

There is much to learn at finish line such as where to place the shipment and how to organize it. In the beginning it seemed very challenging but the managers always make it their job to help you and to make sure you know your way around everything.

Working at this job has been a fun experience for me. Not only do the managers make sure I know how to do my given tasks but my co-workers do as well. We all work together as a team. No task is too hard when you have a team willing to help you and show you how to do it.

My favorite part about this job is seeing the smiles on the customer's faces when they're at check out. It shows me that they had a great experience shopping with us and even if they didn't have the best experience, I have the ability to change that.
Pros
Great starter Job
Cons
No healthcare benefits
Upbeat Atmosphere
Assistant Store Manager and Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 13, 2016
Good company to work for, but they need some help when it comes to appropriately compensating their employees based on everyday duties
very competitive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 13, 2016
Working in retail is a very different experience at different kinds of stores. Finish Line is competitive and seeing different people and socializing with everyone is very fun and interesting. I enjoyed the fast paced work environment especially during the holidays.
Productive place to work at
Shoe Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 11, 2016
Very nice place to work at good manager's hours are short but they are convenient for people. You get a 30% employees discount on different shoes, clothes etc
Pros
30% Discount
Cons
No breaks cause the shifts be short
Sales and goal driven company
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lavale, MDAugust 11, 2016
Great beginner job . Allows you to interact with people whether in person,internet,or on the phone. You develop strong people skills while learning about fashion trends.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Not enough pay
Good place to work. past paced environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 11, 2016
A typical day of work includes customer interaction, employee training and follow up feedback. Constant communication with upper level management( DMs RVPs). critical thinking and problem solving on the go.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long hours sometimes 13-16 hour days.
Not worth working for
Manager in Training (MIT) (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAAugust 9, 2016
This company lies big time to you. When applying I was told I was a full-time manager. Yet that was not the case. They had me working over 40 hours a week as a part time associate. They barely train you and you work for general mangers who only care about making sure they get what they want. They also don't respect nor care if your sick or injured. This is by far the worst retail job. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone unless you enjoy having someone taking the credit for the work you do.
Pros
Sneaker discount
Cons
No benefits, lies, overworked/under paid