Finish Line, Inc. Employee Reviews

N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brockton, MAAugust 31, 2015
Great management always busy so it made the day go by fast.
Always room for advancement. I learned more than i thought i would.
finish line
Stock Associate/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Flint, MIAugust 31, 2015
this would have to be the best job for a teenager with a shoe fetish i honestly loved being a employee for this company when i first got hired in i had a 30 percent discount on anything in the store and when i got promoted the discount went up to 50 percent i really wish i could of stayed employed until i could of became store manager
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), fayetteville, arAugust 28, 2015
A typical day at work I would help customers find shoes and clothes they were looking for. I learned the customer is ALWAYS right no matter if they are actually wrong. I got along great with my co-workers and my managers. The hardest part of the job was to not spend my whole pay check on shoes and clothing there. The most enjoyable part of my job was discounts and getting to see the newest stuff before everyone else.
it was a fun good working place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 26, 2015
I loved working for finish line they worked with your schedule and helped you make a decent amount in commission. they also made you feel comfortable
Fun Place to Work
Manager in Training (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: meeting new people and working with customers
Cons: salary, benefits, leadership from the DM level.
Always enjoy coming to work. Love the fun atmosphere and up beat pace of the job. Meeting new customers and training new associates and teaching the staff how to become better at anything from task to customer service and salesmanship. I believe working for them fine tuned my people skills and gave me the ability to multitask while giving excellent service to the best of my abilities and probably better then most!
Not worth it.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2015
A lot of work for no pay. High turnover. You are just a number to the company, not a valued employee. I enjoyed the associates under me but that is it.
fun workplace
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Part time, discounts
Cons: working weekends
This was my first job when I was in high school and honestly working at a shoe store was the coolest thing anyone could do so I was blessed when I started working there. I got to learn a lot about shoes and sales. I met a lot of cool people from all different backgrounds.
What an amazing company to work for!
ARMOR OIL, WAX, AIR FRESHER (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 16, 2015
Full circle car was is an incredible company. Up to date technology made it easy for me on the finish line. At Full Circle Car Wash i was one of the top sales man, I also made a big impact in the detail shop.
Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), dallasAugust 12, 2015
Great company going in the right direction. They take care of their employees and their customers. i rate them 5/5. the employee discount was the best part
productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 12, 2015
Pros: discounts on shoes
Cons: n/a
a tpical day as finish line is full of laughs, friendly staff and environment. management and co works are amazing its almost like a small knit family. I wouldn't say the job has any hard part it can be overwhelming when busy but the job is fairly easy.
Productive, easy going, team environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee), morrow, gaAugust 11, 2015
Relaxed, friendly environment. Continuous customer service with helpful fun co-workers. Hardest part is inventory and shipping merchandise that needs to be sent back to vendors. Package Handling.
Decent Job with Decent Pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 11, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: short breaks, long hours, management
I was working everything but 40 hours because you couldn't get overtime. Most of those hours were doing double shifts a couple times a week. Only one break per shift (every 5 hours) even if you worked 12 hours. If you were the only manager working you could not leave the store to get your lunch, you had to send an associate. You come in contact with great people and it is a fun atmosphere. The pay is significantly low compared to other retailers (who even allow commission). Have to deal with your stores productivity, mainly conversion % how many people walked in and how many bought something. If you were at a slow location, which I was, it was mostly your fault for running a low conv. The most enjoyable part was working with the associates, and training them. We made it a competition to see who had the best numbers.
Average
Store Manager (Current Employee), Evansville, INAugust 10, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: Work life balance
Finish Line is a good company to work for, but they lack support to their stores. The demands from corporate verse customer service do not support one another. Tasking is a key function to maintain a store but to achieve 100% of the tasking you have to risk great customer service.
Sneakerologist
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 7, 2015
I worked here during high school and it was a awesome job the managers where nice and motivating the work environment was invigorating and i got to meet new people everyday it was the perfect part time job for a teenager that's into sneakers
Finish Line Sales Associate Review
Floor salesperson (Former Employee), Bel Air, MDAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Fun co-workers, good music, decent amount of breaks.
Cons: Not enough hours available.
The managers and egar and ready to train any employee up to be just as excited as they are! There are a lot more to shoes they one may ever know. It is nice to be opened to a world of fashion, athletics and happy customers. There are constantly new shoes which calles for new training modules to make sure every employee knows just what they are selling. I was impressed when I worked there.
productive work place can be very fast paced at times
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 5, 2015
customer service job. selling shoes it was ok working here the only problem i had were the hours and the pay it was a base pay and comission which comission was a big part because the base pay was little to nothing
It was a face paced environment that was a lot of fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Homestead, FLAugust 5, 2015
Pros: The staff was very friendly and hardworking, management was fair, gave good hours for part time
Cons: it was part time
My job required being a cashier, cleaning and sales. For the most part, it was a very easy going yet fast paced environment. I learned things i didn't know about shoes and insoles.
Normal retail environment with ups and down
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDAugust 2, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: short breaks, no healthcare
Constantly on the move helping and greeting customer answering inquires about upcoming shoe release. Management is a joke depending on your location being promoted is not just based on you knowing your job but is also a popularity contest. Co workers normally very new to the workplace recent graduates of high school or first year college freshmans with no work ethic or desire to even do the job to the best of there abiliy. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people all the time
Overall
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Daly City, CAAugust 2, 2015
Pros: great knowledge, good discount
Cons: little to no recognition in company
I had a blast while working with this company because I learned so many things from my coworkers, not my managers. A month after starting the job, the manager was fired and was replaced with a better manager who molded the store into a place with structure. Although this company is driven by how much you can sell versus the quality of the sale, I gained tons of knowledge about retail.
Very laid back environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 29, 2015
Any restocking that had to be done would get done first. online orders would get pulled. Greet everyone within the first 10 second of being in the store. Finish line really taught me even with the rudest customers you still have to be friendly and keep a smile on your face. My co workers were extremely competitive, made me work a lot harder. Management I have to say were a lot of fun to worker with. I very much enjoyed just overall being at work.