Finish Line, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,253 reviews matching the search
Lots of training, effective management
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 28, 2016
Overall a good job, sometime stores can be slow however. Management are good at motivating and encouraging. Fun work environment, selling shoes, athletic apparel and accessories. Managers are clear about what you need to do on a daily basis.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 27, 2016
I had an amazing time working here. The only reason I left was to start another career in another industry. I would definitely recommend working for this company.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 25, 2016
A great environment to work with tons of opportunity for advancement. I've learned a lot about communicating with people as well as meeting their needs. The coworkers are extremely accepting of people and have high energy to help the company succeed.
Pros
great work experience
Cons
work schedule
exciting work place with fun co worker high energy
Stock Lead (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 25, 2016
Go to work have fun but get the job done its gets really busy on holiday the store get really pack but there is alot of ways to move up in the company and get promoted. if your looking for a stepping stone or even to open your own store its a great enviroment to learn about the shoe industry.
Guac
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Valley Stream, NY 11580July 24, 2016
Chipotle was a good time while it lasted. Hopefully they pay you right. I left because I did so much for so little pay and I hated it to be honest.
Good job to work at
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJuly 21, 2016
I loved working at Dick's! Everyone was very nice and very helpful with good energy. Working there i had a lot of hours with good pay! I recommend people to work here. Just make sure you have someone to help you out in the mornings while your stocking!
Fun place to work that is always evolving
District Lead, Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2016
On a typical day you work with a lot of customers, giving them the ultimate experience in purchasing quality footwear. I learned a lot about different types of footwear, how to fit a customer and how to find out customer needs from asking qualifying questions. On a daily basis I managed several employees and the daily operation of the store. The best part of the job is when you make a customer for life by giving great customer service.
Enjoyable workplace, not a good work/life balance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJuly 18, 2016
Enjoyable workplace. Some management takes the time to help in your advancement. Can be pretty stagnate and get complacent with day to day operations. Great place to work if you enjoy dealing with the public and coaching and mentoring staff.
Pros
Great bonus perks
Cons
short breaks, no work/life balance
Sales Teammate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2016
I loved working for Finish Line. Speaking with different individuals every day was the one thing that I really enjoyed. Keeping a smile on their faces was important to me. Even if they didn't find what they were looking for I still gave them options and gave them reasoning to come back. I have had a lot of reoccurring customers and Finishline has given me great opportunities to grow in the business world.
Pros
benefits, opportunities
Cons
management, you go through a lot of them
finishline
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJuly 15, 2016
its a fast paste job you deal with all type of customers , my co workers were like another family ,I learned how to deal with more than one customer
Pros
everything can go good come in with a postive attutide
Cons
you can bump heads with co workers
Retail
MIT/ Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2016
This is a great place to work as a young adult or high school job/ Its is definitely retail and offers a fun and exciting work environment.
Pros
Fun, fashion, and family
Cons
Retail hrs and holidays
Sporting goods
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 13, 2016
Learning about a variety of sporting goods, sales goals, and customer service. Helped open and organized on of their storefront locations.
Pros
Rep visits on certain brands
Cons
On call scheduling, holiday hours
Very Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 13, 2016
Interacting with customers and helping people out in need. I wish I still had this job and never left. I only left due to a conflict with my work schedule and school but other then that if I could go back I most definitely would.
Productive work place
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2016
Able to articulate vision. Effectively communicates vision in a way that enables others to execute. Leading by example, and leading for results. Identifying approaches that meet customer needs as well as those of the organization. Coaches others on teamwork skills to promote effective team performance to better the business.
Pros
Meeting different people with different problems but needing the same solution
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive, always stayed busy, and always had something to do.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 5, 2016
When customers needed help, I would greet them, and I would ask them if they needed anything, or if they liked to try on any shoes. I learned how to deal with different kind of customers, and how to deal with any issues.
Poor Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 5, 2016
Management does not take time to acknowledge employees and needs. Employees are overworked and unappreciated.
Pros
Comfortable work attire
Cons
Seldom breaks, always short staffed, hard to get time off
It was ok, but hard.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 3, 2016
Didn't really like this job, only cause they asked for to much. they asked for the Impossible to get done, but didn't understand why it wasn't always what they wanted.
easy job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 2, 2016
friendly enviroment and co-workers. pay is minium wage but have the oppurnity to make commisson by selling accesories.
Great place to work if you like shoes.
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 30, 2016
Lots of work done as a manager and underpaid for the type of work done. Loved to help customers and meet new people on a daily basis. Upper management was horrible.
Good Summer Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 30, 2016
Weekends and afternoons are the busiest, a lot of scheduling conflict because we either have to many workers or not enough workers
Pros
30 percent discount
Cons
No AC, not commisioned based anymore

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Finish Line, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.