Finish Line, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,471 reviews matching the search
Fun work place, terrible benefits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLMarch 14, 2017
Assistant managers are part time, no bonus program, no inventory bonus, benefits offered to everyone, but too expensive so what's the point. Working for commission is terrible and unfair that the Store Manager gets a good salary while other managers who do equal work struggle to make ends meet.
Fun work culture, though and if your staff gets along its really enjoyable.
Pros
Win free shoes, good discounts, great training, raises often
Cons
No bonus incentives, no yearly inventory bonus, hard to move up in management, commission based, no full time hours.
Retail
Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 20, 2017
Fast changing environment but it doesn't seem like the company is innovative enough to compete with other competitors as far as product and appeal. Front office personnel is always changing which isn't good because it shows lack of stability! Salary not competitive enough since commission was taken away and changed to a bonus incentive program only available to Management.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day at work is typically a busy day. Customers may not becoming into the store, but we have to make sure all the walls look neat and all the prices are right. We use the store style summary to make sure that the prices marked correctly. We have to make sure that all the shoes are flagged in the stockroom, and if they're not we have to flag them.
Pros
organized, great co-workers
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
Positive and motivated staff promoting healthing living
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 10, 2017
I was involved in a staff that was fully committed to the overall health and lifestyle customers desired from an athletic retail store I was the stock manager that was in charge of shipments coming in and going out.
Pros
Discounts on shoes and apparel
Cons
Pay raises
hate the company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 27, 2016
long hours, not enough pay to composted the long hours treated employees like ***holes, get new management before the whole company goes under. And also raise the pay
Pros
Cons
low pay
Well dressed and productive enviroment.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, NYJanuary 28, 2017
I'm a big fan of clothes and shoes so I enjoyed working here as a employee because of that. I would definitely work here again. I love customer service and sales. I enjoy working with people and co workers. Great opportunities to move up
Pros
Comission and disscounts
Cons
health care and benefits
Great Place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILDecember 29, 2016
I loved working here at finish line. managers were fantastic employees were super fun just everything was great. I never complained about having to go into work because I truly enjoyed it.
Pros
great customers, being around so many shoes and having a great team
Cons
the benefits
Typical Retail
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILAugust 29, 2016
Advancement within the company typically ends with Store Manager. Long hours, hard work = burnt out ver quickly. Store Managers are on salary and work 60+ hours/week, even more during peak seasons. Company is fun but has too high of expectations. Corporate does not give enough labor hours for stores, which results in more internal and external theft, which then puts the blame on the store manager.
Productive fun easy gojng
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, WVFebruary 2, 2017
Work /life balance is not to good . A lot of hours for salary. The rest isn't bad . Love the company sometimes. Some great discounts and gifts from
Company meetings.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Not much time breaks
Not worth working for
Manager in Training (MIT) (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAAugust 9, 2016
This company lies big time to you. When applying I was told I was a full-time manager. Yet that was not the case. They had me working over 40 hours a week as a part time associate. They barely train you and you work for general mangers who only care about making sure they get what they want. They also don't respect nor care if your sick or injured. This is by far the worst retail job. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone unless you enjoy having someone taking the credit for the work you do.
Pros
Sneaker discount
Cons
No benefits, lies, overworked/under paid
Sales Teammate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2016
I loved working for Finish Line. Speaking with different individuals every day was the one thing that I really enjoyed. Keeping a smile on their faces was important to me. Even if they didn't find what they were looking for I still gave them options and gave them reasoning to come back. I have had a lot of reoccurring customers and Finishline has given me great opportunities to grow in the business world.
Pros
benefits, opportunities
Cons
management, you go through a lot of them
Great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 21, 2016
Had fun interacting with the customers and talking about the different shoes they like and what's there favorite shoe have nice co-workers and the day went pretty fast
Pros
Employee discount
Benefits
Good company to work for...
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAJune 6, 2016
I was a team lead at my local finish line Macy's. I really liked the job and I really feel it is a good company to work for if you are in a management position like I was. I recieved a very good hourly wage (above 12$/hr) and full benefits. I was coming from a hospitality background so I love working with people and making them happy. I loved learning about the Finish Line business and more about the different shoes and insoles that they sell. The only down fall like with any other job is other co workers. I had more issues with the Macy's co workers be catty. I had an employee for finish line who was just awful and felt she could do anything she wanted. Come in late, clock in and leave. Needless to say she lost her job. Other than that, this is a good company to work for IF you are seeking a management position. Sales associate positions are not worth wild, atleast not for me. I would still be there if medical issues did not arise. You get a 30% discount that starts on your first day but can only be used at the main Finish Line.
Very fun and upbeat place to work.
Stock & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 14, 2016
A typical day at finish line consists of clocking in, counting the money in the register then getting straight to work. You sign into your register and began to help customers at check out. Sometimes they may need a size in a certain shoe, although that may not necessarily be your job, you are still expected to help the customer in anyway possible. My main job is to make sure the customer has a great shopping experience.

There is much to learn at finish line such as where to place the shipment and how to organize it. In the beginning it seemed very challenging but the managers always make it their job to help you and to make sure you know your way around everything.

Working at this job has been a fun experience for me. Not only do the managers make sure I know how to do my given tasks but my co-workers do as well. We all work together as a team. No task is too hard when you have a team willing to help you and show you how to do it.

My favorite part about this job is seeing the smiles on the customer's faces when they're at check out. It shows me that they had a great experience shopping with us and even if they didn't have the best experience, I have the ability to change that.
Pros
Great starter Job
Cons
No healthcare benefits
No work/life balance.. Staffing issues
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutDecember 29, 2016
Work inside Finish Line Macys shop. Shops are single coverage and so you need to complete very many tasks in a short shift while providing premium customer service to customers. Staffing is always an issue. most people are not dependable and when management stays to cover shifts they get into trouble for going into overtime but they get in trouble for not "protecting their business" if they're not present or do not have some one present.
Pros
Employee Discount, Management Bonus Program
Cons
No work life balance, short breaks, staffing, not enough support from upper management
This was a great place to work at with great people.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXAugust 17, 2016
Everyday I come in, I take the trash out. I finish shipment from previous days. I receive shipment at noon. I stock new shipment 'till 1:30. I receive my lunch break. I finish shipment. I'm off by 3. I learned to manage time. The co workers were amazing. The hardest part of the job was not to stay behind. The most enjoyable part of the job was the socializing.
Pros
pay, benefits, people, environment
Cons
reptitive
Good place to work. past paced environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 11, 2016
A typical day of work includes customer interaction, employee training and follow up feedback. Constant communication with upper level management( DMs RVPs). critical thinking and problem solving on the go.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long hours sometimes 13-16 hour days.
productive and fun enviorment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 15, 2016
it is a nice job, management is nice. The only downside is the compensation. There is a lot of room for advancement if retail is where you see yourself long term
Excellent
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 18, 2016
Greet customers when they come in. Present knowledge of sales and product.

I really learned how to be a lot more patient with people.

Management is great. Knows how to give constructive criticism and very helpful with when asking for assistance.

Co-workers at the job are very helpful. Family-like bond at work.

Hardest part of the job is having to do multiple task at once too often.

Most enjoyable part is meeting new people and talking to people about the product we sell.
Pros
Great discount on products and work-life balance. Really works with your schedule
Cons
Understan that its part time so hour can get low at times.
Great Company
Store Manager / Trainer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 21, 2016
Great company to work for if your fast paced and have a lot of energy, must be able to multi task and handle constructive criticism, management is better than other companies I've worked for a lot of structure and timelines. Peak holidays will be long and hard but outside of that good time management will determine your work experience
Pros
Great benefits/discounts one weekend off a month
Cons
Holiday Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Finish Line, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.