Finish Line, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, not stable enough
Stock Lead (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 11, 2016
Work was fine, stocking was a good job once you got the hang of it. Would NOT recommend to someone who lives alone and has to pay bills, not nearly enough hours to make a living off of.
Pros
nice work environment, easy job
Cons
No real lunch breaks, not many hours.
Upbeat fun place to work
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32839February 10, 2016
Finish Line is a laid back, competitive, fast paced, retail chain. I learned how to balance my time and personal responsibilities while working here.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Merchandise Sale exclusions
Productive, fun work place, competitive, and high energy
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 9, 2016
Working at finish line means that it is a very hardworking/ productive atmosphere. The the co workers get along well which makes it a fun work place for everyone. We have a hard working management staff that motivates sales associates to achieve their goals.
Pros
Discounts, access to shoes and clothing.
Cons
On your feet all day, short lunches.
wonderful place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, MDFebruary 8, 2016
I've been with the company for almost 5 years now and I am so happy and so grateful. I've never had a complaint everyone there is so loving and were basically like a big family
fun productive
Shoe Salesman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2016
learned to not be so shy become more out going and ambitious, and how to become a team leader. I loved when I had gotten recognized for good customer service . The challenge was to sell sell sell !!!! and I had improved a lot while I was gaining experience.
Productive and entertaining at times, depending on the days
Busser (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAFebruary 6, 2016
It can be hectic at times but it all depends on the day. I learned to be more organized. Co-workers were productive. The hardest part of the job was to keep everything under control although I did and that was the enjoyable part of it, satisfying customers needs as well as my job requirements.
Pros
Tips
Great Job with opportunity for adavancment
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Birch Run, MIFebruary 5, 2016
a typical work day includes opening or closing facility, coaching and training associates, price changes, setting daily sales goals ,checking labor.
I learned to be a more understanding leader and also to lead by example.
the hardest pert of the job yet most crucial would be employee correction notices
The most enjoyable is the people I work with and the relaxed and fun environment
Pros
opportunity for growth
Cons
little pay
Finish Line Review
Team Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLFebruary 4, 2016
Slow Job with little training needed. No advancement in company. No Background Check Done. No Hard part in the job. Great for High School Students and Non Degree Seekers.
Productive fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 1, 2016
Typical day would be learning my goal, assist customers, cleaning, send sales, and organizing. Would love to design the signage in the stores.
Fun professional place to work
Customer Service/Stocker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 28, 2016
I loved working at finish line, especially since i was still in highschool it gave me a chance to get discounts on almost everything in the store and much more. I was employee of the month twice in a row.
fun workplace, productive, fast paced, friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 28, 2016
I love working with kids so it was it was a very fun and happy environment. I enjoyed helping others make the best decisions for their shoes. Stocking and learning how to keep track of inventory and also keeping the store clean and well organized.
Assist Customers (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 27, 2016
Working at finish line has taught me how to multitask. Everything is so fast paced and while working you are answering questions.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 26, 2016
Finish line is a great company They had a great work life balance, pretty much work with you on the schedule each week. Its your typical retail job so your commission depends on how the day is going, back to school and holidays is when you make all of your money, But other than that it was a good place to work.
Pros
Good work enviorment, Great work life balance
Cons
Not tomany finish line stores in my area so not alot of oprortunity for growth, hourly pay could be a little better or atleast more commision off of a sale.
Very productive and well managed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 25, 2016
Helped work on better people skills. Greeting was a major key, as well as sales and staying about quota. It really wasn't anything hard working there from stocking, sales, being a cashier.
Pros
Pay great and great hours
fun place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAJanuary 24, 2016
• Responsible for maintaining company’s high standard of quality customer service and product presentations
• Trained new employees on established standards and procedures
Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective shift operations
• Responsible for customer product and service standards
fun place
Stock Lead (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 23, 2016
fun place to work.
great management.
i learned a lot from working at finish line inc. they showed me how to manage a group of 10 employees
Pros
easy place to work and learn from
Cons
do not give the associate a lot of hours
Its an ok job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2016
i think the job is great it is just time for something new and better for my lifestyle. The company gives false hope on training and job opportunities. They place you in work or fired situations.
nice job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 18, 2016
sales associate
make sales
price mark downs
co workers were nice to work with
job was smooth and very fast pace
selling shoes was the best
Fun work place although most of the time unorganized...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2016
Management Wasnt the best, based off of what they pay plus and without commission isnt enough to make a living being a part time sales associate with no hours. The job requirements were selective to whom the manager felt should follow. Co-workers and overall work place was typical,theres the good bad and the ugly (attitude wise) but at the end of the day we were all there to do our job. I did learn that there is a different attitude given for every situation and how to deal with them. I also learned what is required as a manager due to my observation of when the corp.came in and showed what it takes. The best Part was meeting people, making connections,and being refreshed on goods and services properly.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
pay
Loved working for finish line
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 12, 2016
this was a great place to work. I left to make more money and gain some sort of control of my work schedule as I married then had children.