Finish Line, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,541 reviews matching the search
It's a fun place to work, great management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 19, 2017
Great place to work, good management. I like to work there, good discounts for employees and you won't be super tired. You'll have time to talk with the customer
Exciting and fun place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 18, 2017
A typical day at Finish Line consisted of coming in and opening the store. I was taught how to balance registers, create displays, check inventory, and open the store properly. Towards the end of working there the management started to fall off. The hardest part of working at Finish Line would probably be trying to stay at the top of the sales chart.
Pros
Discounts, A.C., hours, people
Cons
no commision
Screwed over
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2017
I worked at finish line for almost two years before I quit. I was put through the assistant manager program but of course never promoted. The district manager didn't seem to care. My actual store manager told me that corporate doesn't care about the employees. I was finally driven to quit because I got a four cent pay raise in the entirety of my time working there, I was very much overworked, the pay was terrible, and the store manager was straight out disrespectful. This job is okay for an 18 or 19 year old, but don't expect to be able to support yourself or even enjoy it. The only good thing about working here is the employees, because they dislike being there just as much as you do.
Pros
Employees, decent first job
Cons
Pay, management, corporate, everything else
fun place to work but stressful
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 17, 2017
finish line is a great company i was a manager once but once i moved there weren't an positions available . they were not all that organized . the job was good but it depends on the management and who you work with.
n/a
Stock Leader (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLApril 17, 2017
i enjoyed working there for the short period of time in me being there. Also my coworkers and managers were very polite and friendly. My responsibility was to oversee the stockroom as well as the shipments that came in on a daily basis.
Good
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 15, 2017
good place to work.

The hours were pretty consistent. The commission received, however, wasn't very hefty. and the management was very unprofessional. but that is to be expected in low end retail
Pros
free lunch
Cons
mean bosses
Great work place, reall helps with communication skills
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 14, 2017
I would recommend to a friend, I really like the company but i feel as if i am ready to move on. i still keep the job as a part time job, i was offered a management position but the pay rate was not as high as i would like.
Great!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 13, 2017
Great workplace, great management. I love how they treat their employees. I would love for a extra on the discount but all in all they are generous. Finish Line is a good place.
Can be a fun work enviroment, depending on location and coworkers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCApril 13, 2017
Can be fast paced depending on location. There are some friendly people that work within the company, overall a decent job to work especially if interested in shoes.
Pros
Store Discount, decent benefits
Cons
No commission
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 12, 2017
Your typical shoe retail store in the mall
I had a great team and manger so my experience working for the company was great.
growth and opportunity, competitive, flexible, and the discounts are nice.
Pros
growth, flexibility, discounts, employees
Cons
none i can think of
retail
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 12, 2017
"This is a job that you have to be willing to have a schedule that changes all the time. "Growth is you are willing to put in the time and hours. Pay is ok
Pros
disount
Cons
hours and pay
Good part time job for a high schooler in the summer
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Okemos, MIApril 10, 2017
I would have loved this in high school! But as a college student in their 4th year, it is not very good. Inconsistent hours, low pay, no raises or promotions and the staff is a mess. No one wants to come to work including the store manager.
Pros
Discount on anything is 30% and that includes sale items.
Cons
over a year and still no promotion.
Slow work paste environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILApril 10, 2017
A typical day of work is coming in and organizing the backroom. ,
Greet customers and up sell with every transaction. Hardest part was that it was slow
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 9, 2017
I absolutely love the brand! Such a great company with quality products. Being in the mall you get to meet people from all over the world! Definitely a customer service oriented company.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 9, 2017
I dont not want to review this company I am only filling this out because the site is forcing me to.Still be forced to keep typing I just want this to go away
productive fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OH 44143April 7, 2017
A typical day included suggestive selling to customers, stocking and maintaining inventory, I learned how to better persuade people to buy products, the work place culture is well balanced.
Good Experiences
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 7, 2017
It is a very steady work place, there is always something to do. I love interacting with people and helping them find the product they want to acquire.
Cool job but stressful
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 7, 2017
Finishline is a cool gig is you are a fan of sneakers. But sometimes it is really hard to meet the expectations of the higher ups and it can make the job less enjoyable.
great place to work at especially if former or current athlete or into fitness
Appliances Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 6, 2017
Favorite place I have worked at. I especially liked that we got aid commission. It makes you work harder, Knowing you get paid off your work ethic. I love working to get paid off how much you deserve it.
the pay sucks for new managers
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 6, 2017
I was hired at 12.50 with management experience when later I found out that that two employees in the same position as me where making 15+ an hour and they where not working half as hard as I was. This was do to the fact that assistant managers no longer made commission so they where given an hourly rate based on their sales performance. So unless you where grandfathered in your pay is going to suck as a manager and you will have a sales quota with no commission. No thank you
Pros
non
Cons
bad pay, no cimmission, bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Finish Line, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.