Finish Line, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,234 reviews matching the search
Great working environment!
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 3, 2016
A typical day would be getting to work, saying hello to co-workers, clocking in and start greeting and helping costumers as pass by. While working at Finish Line, I've learned many things from how to work a register to building my confidence. My co-workers were awesome, they all had different personalities, they were so enjoyable to talk to and get along well. The hardest part of the job was one time I was managing a lot of costumers at once, but luckily the costumers were patience with me. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help out costumers and having the product they were looking for and the costumers thanking me for my help. Finish line is a great working environment!
Finish Line Job Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 23, 2015
Not a long term job. A place to work to pocket some extra money. I wouldn't recommend making a career out of it. You're on your feet until the store closes. You do get a friendly 30% off discount but that's pretty much the extent of the benefit of working for Finish Line. Unless you're a manager you won't get many hours. 15-25 hours a week at the max.
Pros
Discount on expensive shoes.
Cons
No breaks. Commission based pay. Poor management.
Learning about each merchandise
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  9501 Arlington ExpwyJune 10, 2016
A typical day at work was trying to get the job done. What i learned about working here was having to open myself up instead of being shy. This job helped me interact with customers so i could better my communication skills. Management was great. They always made sure if you needed help, they were always following you to make sure you got what you needed. My Co-Workers were great. They helped me learn about each product more so i could get a better understanding of what was what. The hardest part of the job was trying to persuade customers into buying certain things that would be great for the merchandise. You worked for commission as well but if you lacked communication, it was hard to talk somebody into purchasing certain things. Overall, i had a great time working for this company. I had the chance to learn a little bit more about shoes and how to talk to customers.
Pros
Litttle hours
Cons
The shoes i could get on discount
Fun Atmosphere & Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAFebruary 16, 2016
My co-workers and I always have a great time with each other. All of my associates are very welcoming and energetic. Management always works with your availability and has no problems with it, for the most part. Everybody is very encouraging to making sales and making sure the customer is always left satisfied.
Pros
Friendly people, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
commission pay
Productive, fun work place, competitive, and high energy
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 9, 2016
Working at finish line means that it is a very hardworking/ productive atmosphere. The the co workers get along well which makes it a fun work place for everyone. We have a hard working management staff that motivates sales associates to achieve their goals.
Pros
Discounts, access to shoes and clothing.
Cons
On your feet all day, short lunches.
Productive but slow environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAMarch 6, 2016
Very slow environment
I learned how to greet and talk to people easier
Management was below average
Worked with some very nice people
Hardest part about the job was making it to work
There was not a most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
N/A
Cons
Short breaks
Fun Workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOMarch 27, 2016
Quick and easy to advance positions, Fun environment, decent pay but could be better due to no longer being on commission. Need to find a way to have separate opening and closing managers instead of having such a non-set scheduling system.
Pros
Good benefits, Can advance easily
Cons
scattered schedule
Okay workplace
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Douglaston, NYApril 11, 2016
a typical day at work is reviewing the fulfillment sheet to sent our items out to customers. Then i have to open the register and then my day begins. Customers come in and i have to sell them things that interest there taste.
At the end of getting a sneaker they are satisfied with i have to sell them an accessory.
The management is ok. Im pretty left to do things on my own. i get along with all my co- workers because some of us communicate to help each other out. The hardest days of my job is cleaning the stock room after other employees dont return sneakers to the right area. the most enjoyable part about my job is making the customers happy
Pros
the customers are amazing
Cons
mangement isnt that great so it creates conflict
Good company to work for...
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAJune 6, 2016
I was a team lead at my local finish line Macy's. I really liked the job and I really feel it is a good company to work for if you are in a management position like I was. I recieved a very good hourly wage (above 12$/hr) and full benefits. I was coming from a hospitality background so I love working with people and making them happy. I loved learning about the Finish Line business and more about the different shoes and insoles that they sell. The only down fall like with any other job is other co workers. I had more issues with the Macy's co workers be catty. I had an employee for finish line who was just awful and felt she could do anything she wanted. Come in late, clock in and leave. Needless to say she lost her job. Other than that, this is a good company to work for IF you are seeking a management position. Sales associate positions are not worth wild, atleast not for me. I would still be there if medical issues did not arise. You get a 30% discount that starts on your first day but can only be used at the main Finish Line.
Small Productive Shop Inside of Macys
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMay 15, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of me signing into the register, making sure that all the shoes on the wall are put out nicely and in order. I would have to make sure that all the pricing is correct and there would be a list of markdowns where I would have to set the price of a shoe to its sale price if that was the case. I then would go to the back stock room and make sure that all is in order. The most enjoyable part of the job i would say had to be talking to the customers and having a conversation about the shoes they want to buy and just talking about shoes in general to make sure they walk out with the best pair.
Fun, Enthusiastic Athletic Retail
Store Manager, Retail (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 17, 2016
Finish Line is a wonderful place to work. It is ideal for those individuals in high school and college that want to enjoy their job while gaining valuable experience. Experienced leaders with customer service values will excel in sale management positions.
Comfortable work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 5, 2016
I felt welcomed by everyone when I worked there and I was happy to go to work. I learned a lot. It was a easy going store. It was an enjoyable place to be and the management was very understanding on considerate.
Fast Paced and Ongoing Customer Service
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYApril 6, 2016
Monitoring staff & team performance
Exceeding customer expectations by ensuring World Class Service
Acting on customer feedback
Providing strategic direction during the implementation stages
Escalating promptly any issues that may impact operations

The most enjoyable part of the job for me to learn more about the sneaker business and learn about the vast number of sneakers and how every sneaker compliments every customer differently.

The hardest part about the job was taking care of customers in Finishline fashion while at the same time abiding to Macys' way of selling and how they take care of customer issues.
High energy enviornment filled with personalities
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 27, 2015
A typical day consists of always greeting your customers with the best customer service at the door. You must come to work ready to engage in a number of different interactions with countless people, this is what gives the job its personality. I've learned a lot from work, most importantly that its all about the way you approach someone while they are out shopping. The hardest part of the job is sometimes having to send someone home disappointed because we couldn't help fulfill all of their needs. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be leaving a lasting impression with the people I come into contact with, I love making new frequent customers for my place of employment.
Pros
Fun work enviornment
Cons
Short breaks, Compensation
A productive and decent workplace with variety of shoes
Greet incoming customers and assist in shoe sizing (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 1, 2016
Basically you greet the customer and engage into a little conversation with the customer to see what is best for them to wear. Make the customer happy and want to come back. Management is great and all about teamwork. The people you work with thus far are superb and are all team players. The hardest part would be to deal with a rude customer but as long as you have self-discipline then you have none to worry about. The most enjoyable part I'd have to say is working with the team.
Pros
shoes
Cons
not so many hours
Manager, Women's Shoe and Men's (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJNovember 10, 2015
I worked at Finish-line for about 3 years. Over the past 3 years I have assisted customers on a daily basis regarding shoe wear and also keeping goals per week. Scheduling part time employees this job is a very demanding for a low pay taking time off isn't in their policy but wait if you work for the company you still don't have any pto so this is how they get you unless you don't want to get paid.
you are guaranteed 40 hours but only if your willing to work 10 hours a shift every day
Pros
working with customers and employees with Vendors
Cons
upper management is uncooperative and don't care about your concerns
Great place to get experience!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 14, 2016
I throughly enjoy working at Finishline. Management is always helpful and willing to teach new things. It teaches organization, multitasking, great communication skills, and the discount is a plus ! I would recommend this to everyone who needs to start out doing something that is a great teaching environment.
Pros
Discount on the hottest shoes
Great small place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 22, 2016
Small family owned diner that offers its employees that welcoming feeling when joining their staff. Obviously not much growth available however if you just need a diner to make some money and feel welcomed this is definitely the place to me.
Pros
Free food on shift.
Cons
Long hours.
Productive and Fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MIJanuary 6, 2016
It was a fun job, I was there two days out the week because of school and my other job. Management was cool I met the GM me and him got alone well whenever he visited we always had pleasant conversations. Days be boring with no having to many people coming in for business and sometimes it could be busy.
Pros
My team members
Cons
Stock room
Great place to work if your social
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHOctober 19, 2015
I had to get as many sales as possible and interact with as many people as possible to maximize sales. I had to maintain appearance of showroom floor.
I learned stocking, and setting commission goals.
My co workers were all pretty fair no one ever had a serious altercation.
The hardest part of the job is when business is slow and your caught up on all of your other tasks.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people smile about there new purchase and the fact that I really didnt have to do much but talk to people all day.
Pros
Management is nice, flexible work hours, sneaker discounts, u have a team
Cons
Standing all day.