Finish Line, Inc.

Finish Line, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

job was very productive and taught me great sales skills
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 31, 2015
Approach every customer with the intention of closing a sale was the goal of the day. Adding on to the sale was also a goal you wanted to reach multiple times a day.
Great until I moved Stores
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), VAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: discount on shoes
Cons: very unorganized at times
First store in Virginia Beach was fantastic. I was selling shoes and directing my employees. I was always busy and productive at that store. Then I was moved to Chesapeake Square with a new general Manager and it all went downhill from there. I still felt like I was benefited by working there.
Productive and Repetitive
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Yonkers NYJanuary 28, 2015
The job was good. Learned a lot about business. Disorganization and laziness is prevalent. Hard to move up at a fast pace. Good for part time.
Great place to learn management skills in a retail environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 27, 2015
Learned management skills, product knowledge, and time management while having a business owner mindset to develop and run a successful business.
Fun place IF you like shoes..
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: employee discount, chill work environment
Cons: if you don't put in a little work, you may get hassled
Its not a bad place if you have a passion or knowledgable about shoes, makes work very easy. Chill coworkers, chill managers, and for the most part chill customers. Easily biggest benefit is the employee discount and being able to use it online. Of course you have daily goals and get told you're standings frequently so you have to put in work, rarely find associates lounging around, so you have to put in some work to make it enjoyable and fun.
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 26, 2015
the main thing was to keep the customers happy, do everything you can to keep them happy, offer to order the shoe or whichever item it is and offer to ship to the store or their house, I would cashier make cash and debit transactions, we would do e\inventory every 3 months and redo the stock room, I really enjoyed it until the store underwent new management and I got treated like dirt..
fast paced environment with lots to do
Floor Associate (Current Employee), Waterford, CTJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: fun enviorment
Cons: bad pay
a typical day at work starts with lots a tasking and selling. an associates main task is to sell because your pay is based off of commission.
Learning experience
Sales associate (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free dress
Cons: not enough hours
i became the stock sale associate, where i handled the shipment, backroom, and inventory. I also had to take the trash out every morning . It taught me how to do inventory intake and updates.
It is a great work environment. It is always fun to work in tea work and with the custumores.
Cashier (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: a $1 for every sports illustrated you get people to sign up for.
Cons: short breaks, not a lot of hours.
I usually just go to work and get what I need to be done. Co-workers were not that great, but I learned to work with them. The managers do a good job to maintain a great and fun environment with the customers. The Job was not that hard, I had to help finding the shoes that the customers needed, Ring them out, clean the cash-wrap, fold clothes constantly, do Send-sales. It gets worse in the winter time, because a lot of people purchase hoodies, and folding them was not too fun.I just got transferred to the Finish line in Braintree mall in Boston, MA. Hopefully it will be better.
Overall, I enjoyed working there, and my goal is making sure that the customers leave the store with a smile.
Great job great location
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tacoma WAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: benefits, macys card, staff
Cons: management was never around
I loved working for Finish Line Macys during the holidays. It was fast paced fun, and overall the people were amazing.
Organized workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Washington, PAJanuary 19, 2015
During a typical day at work I helped organize the sales floor, tagging apparel, and assisting customers. The co-workers were helpful and upbeat.
fun workplace
Restaurant Server (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: loved my co workers
Cons: short breaks health benefits
take customers orders
cash handling
clean tables
make tea
deliver food to tables/ lanes
Fairly well off
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Merrillville, INJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: interaction, friendly co-workers
Cons: short hours, short/no breaks if busy
Finish line has been an incredible experience for being a first time sales associate. Much can be learned from other co-workers and managers. Valuable lessons can be taught including time management, how to handle stress, and communication skills. The hardest part of the job is competing with co-workers for a higher goal rate due to receiving commission because you build friendship and "workships" with co-workers. The best part of my job is the interaction with the customers and getting to stay with them from the greeting to the final goodbye and good luck with you product/merchandise stage. Every day brings in something new and is a great experience.
I loved it
Stock Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), indianapolis INJanuary 14, 2015
I loved this job because it had nice benefits. I was only a teenager when i started and it was a great job to have. i started as a sales assoc. but then i earned my warehouse position. I only left because i had to focus on going to college. A normal day would be easy because of the environment they created.
Busy
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Braintree,MAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: mall employee discount, macy's and finish line discounts
Cons: no managers around, barely got breaks
A typical day at work here would be at certain points of the day it would go from really busy to dead within minutes. I didn't learn much from here because I've worked at other shoe stores before and they're practically the same. Management was awful, managers were barely there and when you needed help you had to figure it out on your own. I didn't get to work with a lot of my co-workers but the ones I did get to work with were very cool. The hardest part of my job would be the customers, because the Finish Line was inside of Macy's I would have a lot of Macy's customers asking me for help and I would have to explain to them why I couldn't help them. The most enjoyable part was helping people that would come to my job, I love to help people.
Prodeuctive fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: not enough pay
Busy Busy was a typical day making sure we meet numbers as a team and as a store.Hardest part of the job is completing a sale and trying convenience the customer why they should go with that shoe.
productive retail workplace
LEAD TEAM (Current Employee), saint pete flJanuary 13, 2015
Helping customers find the correct product for themselves, using the cash register, doing stock, online sales
Very vibrant work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), North Olmsted, OHJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: always working with different people.
Cons: a little unorganized.
A typical day at work is very hands on with customers, always moving.If I am not busy with a customer I keep myself occupied.I have learned to split my time between more customers. Management is decent. The store manager and one other manager is good. My co workers are awesome and a great team. Sometimes it can get a little crazy in the store.
Excellent work environment and a fun place to be
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ridgeland, MSJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: comission
Cons: not many work hours
A typical day at Finish Line would be pretty laid back. Greeting every customer and making sure that all sales were converted and accurate. Management always make sure that you on your job and that you are constantly busy so that there is no idol time. Being able to work with such great coworkers make the job interesting and fun. Even though there is much work to get done and lots of sales goals to meet, interacting with your coworkers and customers make the job less stressful, and more willing to work. The hardest part of the job is nothing, meaning that everybody works together as a team, no job is harder for one person than it is for the next.. Finish Line's mission statement is Go T.E.A.M., and taking heed to this mission statement has made me a better coworker, a better sales associate, and a better team player. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to satisfy customers.
Productive Fun, Friendly work place
Cashier/ Sales Representative (Former Employee), Harper Woods, MIJanuary 5, 2015
Working at Finish line was fun but its mostly for maybe high school kids.

About Finish Line, Inc.

The Finish Line is racing for athletic footwear sales. The company sells performance and casual footwear and apparel through a – Read more

Finish Line, Inc. Photos