Finish Line, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,182 reviews matching the search
Great Place to Work!
Sales Associate/ Pre Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 5, 2015
I love working here. The environment is excellent, the hours are good (decent) for someone who has never been in the retail business, but for someone who has experience in this area a few more hours and a little better intro on pay would be nice. Overall everyone is great to work with and the head manager really really looks out for everyone He is not just a manager who comes to work does his stuff and goes home, he takes a personal investment into our lives and treats us like a family while we are there. The most enjoyable part of working here is everyday learning and finding out something new about the product we sell, as well as working hard to make big sales and increase the amount of sales we have individually and as a team.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 3, 2016
It's always slow so we don't get as much traffic, but it is still a fun environment to be in. There is always something to do. Managers and co workers are pretty cool. We all get a long. The hardest part of my job would be marking shoes and putting them on the wall or display tables.The most enjoyable part is interacting with the customers and just having fun.
Pros
discount on shoes
Cons
dont really get a break, lack of hours every week
fast pace and fun environment to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILJanuary 7, 2016
Saleing of merchandise to customers.making sure that the tables and wall visuals are clean and neat. leading by example when it comes to customer service. Keeping tract of merchandising and orders needed to be fulfilled.
Pros
management, environment, high volume days
Cons
environment, low volume days
Comfortable work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 5, 2016
I felt welcomed by everyone when I worked there and I was happy to go to work. I learned a lot. It was a easy going store. It was an enjoyable place to be and the management was very understanding on considerate.
Great typical day at work
talent acquisition manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 2, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. NOt all about the numbers, but how you personally grow and develop.

Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company!

The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside.
It's Different.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 15, 2015
It's your typical sales job. What's different though is I work in the Finish Line Macy's division, and working for a lease department has it's ups and downs. This is pretty much the perfect side job, so don't look for anything better than just that. The Macy's management unfortunately has a major effect on the job, but as an overall company, Finish Line is pretty decent. They take care of you the best way they can.
Pros
We're paid more than regular Finish Line store employees, and we get a Finish Line AND Macy's discount. They don't. Our District Manager is a great guy!
Cons
The Macy's management at this location is absolutely horrible, (except the new ones), so they make it hard for you to actually enjoy your job.
Productive work experience
Stockroom manager / Finish Line (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2015
Pretty simple work days,stock and inventory friendly work environment good long hours no added pressured, could work own pace which was good,
Pros
GOOD BREAKS GOOD HOURS
Cons
NONE
Fun and fast-pace workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 29, 2015
As a sales associate at Finish line I constantly provided customer service. I worked with customers all day, helping them find what kind of shoe they want, what apparel to choose, what size shoe they wear. I greeted and conversed with customers to make them comfortable in our store, I provided them with whichever shoe or piece of apparel that they chose to try on, I ordered stock for store and items for customers that wanted to order something from our online store or another store, I helped organize and clean stockroom, I rang up customers at the register as a cashier, I also rang up customers on our mobile registers (which only take credit/debit card payments), I cleaned our showroom floor at the end of each work day by wiping down the counters and display tables, making sure all shoes were put on show wall correctly, and sweeping and mopping the floors. These are the everyday task that I completed at Finish Line.
Great atmosphere and enjoy working there
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Always enjoy coming to work. Love the fun atmosphere and up beat pace of the job. Meeting new people as in customers and associates and teaching the staff how to become better at anything from task to customer service and salesmanship. I believe working for them fine tuned my people skills and gave me the ability to multitask while giving excellent service to the best of my abilities and probably better then most!
Pros
meeting new people and working with customers
Cons
salaray, benefits, leadership from the corporate level.
great learning expierence
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 6, 2016
my typical day consisted of monitoring the store floor, taking orders and send out orders. I worked with customer service and stocking.
Pros
discounted items
Cons
standing for long hours
Its an ok job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2016
i think the job is great it is just time for something new and better for my lifestyle. The company gives false hope on training and job opportunities. They place you in work or fired situations.
Sales associate with flexability
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 28, 2016
Helping people has always been a passion of mine and I love helping costumes find the right fit for their feet. My co-workers are always hard working and efferent and love the costumes as much as I do. Other than selling shoes we work hard as a team to up-sell products, keep our floor clean, put stock away, count inventory, and keep a smile on your faces!
It's your life
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 23, 2015
If you want a job in which you have to work an excessive amount of hours and not get paid for them. This is the job for you. Store Managers are salaried and have to work a minimum of 45 hour work weeks, but the work required for the job and lack of positions and distributed work hours, mandate that you work more. My advice look else where, there are plenty of other companies in your local mall willing to you pay more and you can actually have a life outside of work.
Cons
long hours, no life, lower end salary for retail
easy going workplace
Sales Associate/Photographer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2016
Fun environment, great coworkers with small ability to grow. Pay and hours are often minimal. Management is highly professional.
Great place to work!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 10, 2016
Finishline is a great place to work if you love to interact with people and create a work relationship with your coworkers.
Pros
flexible schedule, great bonus plan, friendly coworkers
Cons
average hourly pay, holiday hours
Great place to learn customer relations and basics to business management
Store Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 23, 2015
This has always been my favorite place to work and I've learned so much here. The pay is competitive and the culture is great. Great vibes from this group!
Pros
Fast paced, competitive and fun!
Cons
Very demanding positions, work/life balance could be better
Fun atmosphere
Customer Service/Sales Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAFebruary 10, 2016
This was a wonderful experience and I enjoyed the opportunity. The staff members and management were all lovely people and easy to be around. I enjoyed this job.
Great work team
order processing (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 2, 2015
Finish line is a great place to work for, its easy to move up in position's and opportunities come with dedication within yourself. Its flexible as far as your outside life such as school, time to make it from your other job any what ever other reasons that may occur. The management is just great
Fun and easy place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAMarch 23, 2016
My typical day while working at Finish Line centered around me operating the cash register, processing purchases and returns along with ordering merchandise for customers. When i wasn't busy i was keeping the store clean and checking inventory in the stock room.
Pros
Good Pay and experience
Cons
can be a little boring with no customers are around
Productive place to work during certain seasons.
Sales Associate (Regular, Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 14, 2015
Working here was a learning experience. A typical day at work was usually steady, productive but not overwhelming. Steady but not too busy. I gained a lot of experience is sales while working here. How to communicate with customers in order to get sales. There wasn't really a "hard part" of this job. pretty easy going. My co workers were great and very friendly and welcoming. They assisted me in areas i needed assistance in when I first started the job so that was very helpful. The most enjoyable part about this job was reaching my sales goal on our good days and going above and beyond what was expected. Would rate a 5 star if the pay was better.
Pros
experience in sales/commission
Cons
Short breaks, low pay