Finish Line, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,231 reviews matching the search
Fun and easy place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAMarch 23, 2016
My typical day while working at Finish Line centered around me operating the cash register, processing purchases and returns along with ordering merchandise for customers. When i wasn't busy i was keeping the store clean and checking inventory in the stock room.
Pros
Good Pay and experience
Cons
can be a little boring with no customers are around
Great place to work, awesome place to learn!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 22, 2016
Worked here for over 3 years! Started off as a stock guy, came in to a mess of a stock room. Cleaned it up, organized it, and maintained it. Took me a little over 6 months to receive a promotion to an Assistant Manager. Loved dealing with costumers and associates,and doing all other job duties. Was offered my 3rd promotion after 2 years, turned it down because it required me to move. Just bought my first home so that was out of the question. Left because I was about to get married and wanted a full time position that would net me a steady scheduled.
Fun and Enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FL 34957March 22, 2016
Learned how to figure out basic needs for customer for sale. The manager was very enjoyable to work with. Working with coworkers was like a well oiled machine.
great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 18, 2016
learned how to manage inventory and make sure stock was on point and mke sale requirements good work enviroment and good team work
Fun, Enthusiastic Athletic Retail
Store Manager, Retail (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 17, 2016
Finish Line is a wonderful place to work. It is ideal for those individuals in high school and college that want to enjoy their job while gaining valuable experience. Experienced leaders with customer service values will excel in sale management positions.
Workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 13, 2016
This job was ok. The don't inform you if you are seasonal, they lead you to believe you are coming on as either part-time/full-time but once the season was over they said they couldn't afford to keep anyone extra on.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, dishonesty, demanding
Great place to work!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 10, 2016
Finishline is a great place to work if you love to interact with people and create a work relationship with your coworkers.
Pros
flexible schedule, great bonus plan, friendly coworkers
Cons
average hourly pay, holiday hours
Part time job is fun but under paid
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 9, 2016
Finish Line is a good company for starting your first job, but if you want to be a full time employee,the company will make it difficult for you to advance. The paid is not that good starting at $8.50/hour and it will be a long time before you see a raise. Management wise I was lucky to work with a great team lead and store manager, but I have heard of not so lucky peers with irresponsible and hostile managers. My co-workers are great and make the shift fun and quick.Hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers but you get used to it.So in a few words Finish Line is a so/so company.
one of the best jobs I've ever had
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2016
the best job i have had till the manager changed we were like each others second family old manager ryan made that store the best place to work for did a very great job in picking who worked there. once he left not only did the associates see and feel the change so did all the other macs employees, and sadly so did the customers. jon the district manager was also amazing he didn't let his title get to his head.
retail sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 7, 2016
helping customers to a friendly environment and making sure they have the best customer service experience.

learned different type of techniques on how to sell to customers
co workers were great and we had fun doing our jobs

Want to know more about Finish Line, Inc.?

Ask a question
Finishline
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 7, 2016
All in all I enjoy working there. As a store they have a friendly environment and good people to work with. They are very flexible with hours and very understanding when you are unable to make a shift for a personal reason. it is a great lace to work if you want to make some good money and have some fun also.
Productive but slow environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAMarch 6, 2016
Very slow environment
I learned how to greet and talk to people easier
Management was below average
Worked with some very nice people
Hardest part about the job was making it to work
There was not a most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
N/A
Cons
Short breaks
Poor Leadership
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 3, 2016
The store manager only cared about himself and not about the people who worked for him. It was hard to follow someone who doesn't own his mistakes.
Great working environment!
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 3, 2016
A typical day would be getting to work, saying hello to co-workers, clocking in and start greeting and helping costumers as pass by. While working at Finish Line, I've learned many things from how to work a register to building my confidence. My co-workers were awesome, they all had different personalities, they were so enjoyable to talk to and get along well. The hardest part of the job was one time I was managing a lot of costumers at once, but luckily the costumers were patience with me. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help out costumers and having the product they were looking for and the costumers thanking me for my help. Finish line is a great working environment!
Micro-Managing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILMarch 2, 2016
1- really fun, fast-paced, and meeting different people on daily basis. i have learned a lot about diversity and attitude as i interact with people on daily basis.

2- management is the downfall of this job, because there is a lot of micro-managing that leads to frustration most of the time.

3- co-workers are great and very nice, dependable and responsible.

4- i think the hardest part of the job is that you have to be on your feet for 8/h shift and really short breaks.

5- it's fun to be around people, help them with the information that you have, and also meeting different people on daily basis.
Pros
Free Items (seeding from different vendors).
Cons
compensation, and restrictions to certain benefits.
Fun Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 2, 2016
Helping customers to find the best shoe for them and getting them out the door with a new pair of shoes. Great place to work.
Finish Line
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 2, 2016
Its a fun job for any shoe lover. You get an opportunity to keep up with the trends and hottest shoes. Its a fun experience.
Productive and fun
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 2, 2016
Everyday I was helping keep customers happy while following all the rules. I was making the work environment a fun place to be. Although it was stressful I managed to hold myself together and not show what was wrong.
Pros
Good pay
productive workplace
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 29, 2016
great company for advancement. My first job that I was able to progress in the company.

Management and co-workers made the job a great place to work.
my first love
Sale Associate/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 29, 2016
it was my first job ever, i learned a lot about myself working there. i enjoying providing service to individuals. managers were cool. hardest part not meeting my sale goal all the time
Pros
30% of shoes
Cons
short breaks