Finlay Fine Jewelry Employee Reviews

Sales
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 18, 2017
Sales
Customer focused company with emphasis on creating highly satisfied clients. Strong ethics and a culture of making things right if a client was not happy.

Employees treated well, unfortunately, they are no longer in business.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Holiday work hours of mall
Great opportunities and a great place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 2, 2017
Most enjoyable part would have been the GEM stone education courses. In this job I went through a very extensive management training program but it did not compare to the GEM stone educational information I retained. I still use that knowledge to this day.
Customer focused
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 4, 2017
You must have exceptional people skills and be able to sell expensive items with confidence while adhearing to all security standards.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
boring at times with little customer traffic
Great place for learning how to manage managers
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  MPLS, MNAugust 3, 2016
Finlay was a great place for work and life balance.I also learned the most about how to manage people thru their corporate regional managers training seminars and the senior management.
Great place to work for professional and personal fulfillment.
Supply Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTApril 13, 2016
I enjoyed working at Finlay because I was given the opportunity for growth within the company. The management and co-workers were supportive. Management encouraged employees to expand their work skills and always tried to promote employee within the organization. I would still be working there but the company closed.
no longer in business
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 28, 2016
no longer in business. N/A I enjoyed the people, the merchandise and the benefits compensation. This was a fun environment where I learned many management skills
Typical Retail
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OHOctober 6, 2015
This company is no longer in business. It was a company that leased space in several major retailers to operate the fine jewelry departments.
Sold Jewelry in a department store.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 14, 2015
Interview potential employees. Trained new employees. Opened and Closed the jewelry counter as needed. Worked 84 hours during the week leading up to Christmas with no overtime. Sold jewelry, Set up display cases. Repaired jewelry. Conducted inventory.
Fun but a lot of hours
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2015
I enjoyed meeting new people every day and seeing the same people as well coming in buying for there loved ones.
The hardest part for me was the long hours there were times I worked 60-80hrs a week I could not do it any more.
Good company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 5, 2015
The company was great to work for. They are no longer in business, enjoyed working for them and I learned alot form them.

a typical day included taking an inventory, putting sales the system and managing team members.
Company would recognize any one for a job well done.
Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXNovember 5, 2014
Enjoyed the interaction with the customers. I was manager so I had to hire and train all new associates. Keep dept. up to standards and meet goals.
Pros
Customer interaction
Cons
firing employees
Really liked working for this company
Manager and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 25, 2014
There was plenty of room for advancement because I worked my way up from a night part-time position when I first started up to manager of the counter when the company closed. My coworkers were always pleasant and fun to work with. The hardest part of this job was the brutal hours that I had to work during the holiday season but it was also one of the best times to work. Being able to meet customer satisfaction was the best part of the day.
A fun and respectfull place to work in
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus LocationJuly 4, 2014
Daily spot inventory,check payroll hours, set daily goals for every associate, department goals setting,and monthly,set show cases daily,monthly changes of the show cases,replenish merchandise,make the schedules monthly,shipping & receiving merchandise.ea.....
When I started I didnt I didnt know anything about Fine Jewelry, And I also started as in On-Call associate, I worked my way up to Manager.
Co- workers I had very litte turn around. I treated everyone with respect.
the hardest- Hireing people that you can trust,
Enjoyable part of the job-meeting new people, helping them find a great gifts.And make my job fun place to work in for my associates.
An experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJune 29, 2014
Dealing with the customers at times, I would have to say was not easy. Some were a pleasure to help but others just was not patienced enough.
How to close a sale with a customer.
Management was a good and fun to work with.
My co-workers were great and I had a good time working with them.
I would have to say the hardest part would have to be, when I had to close my dept. by myself especially when the store closed at 11 pm.
The most enjoyable part would have been, the perks of getting a good discount on buying for ourselves.
it was okay!
Vendor Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2014
the company was okay and the job it self was okay but i needed something that was going to help me grow and i didnt see it happening there, after i left 6 months later the company closed down
Pros
the free food
Cons
no room for growth
first job in my filed
Assistant Merchandise Analyst, Stone Mountain, GA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2014
Learned a lot of what to do and not to do when working with a start up company.
Sorry to see you go
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAFebruary 10, 2014
I never would have left this job if the May Flower Company didn't acquire it.
It was challenging and the people I worked with were intelligent, respectful, and helpful regardless of your job title.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Retail Hours
Cool to work for.
Computer Hardware Technician/Help Desk Level (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTJanuary 30, 2014
Interesting to learn about the Jewelry industry. Other than that, it was a bit difficult to work with.
Great place to work, fun people to work with.
Fine Jewelry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2014
I learned a lot about sales working in this position. I had great management and vendors to coach me on how to sell all products.
I learned alot on fine jewelry, I had to stand in a small space for long periods of time
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 22, 2013
I enjoyed everything I learned, the TTY, all about watches, gold, precious gems, stones and how to size. The only thing was you had to stand long period of time in a very small area. Most enjoyable was all I learned.
Pros
What I learned
Cons
No advancement, no room for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Finlay Fine Jewelry. Our community is ready to answer.