Finnegan

Finnegan Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 3, 2015
This firm was a nice place to work. Everyone in the firm worked well together. I got along well with all my co-workers. We would do our work and help out other co-workers if they needed it.
A professional but friendly work environment.
Legal/Patent Secretary (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 9, 2015
My typical work day consist of following up and making sure any projects that was given last evening was done. Getting started on the other projects, e-filings, American Expense expense reports are done, any travel vouchers that need to be turned it, are accounted for and sent to the various departments and/e-filings with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. In during this job for over 30 years, I have learned many facets of law firm language, organization skills, time schedule is important. Management is there for the company and makes the firm run smoothly for everyone. My co-workers are professional. We help each other if needed and that is a plus. Being at this law firm for almost fifteen years, there is no hard part of the job at this point. The most enjoyable part of the job has been and is knowing what you're doing and getting the job done. Also, we have firm get togethers and that's always nice.
Excellent experience
Patent Prosecution Secretary/Paralegal (Former Employee), DC, VAFebruary 11, 2014
I gained really great experience in Intellectual Property Law and really enjoyed working with Finnegan.
Productive Workplace just not fond of the distance from home
Litigation Clerk (Current Employee), Washington dcDecember 9, 2013
Pros: diversity
Cons: commute
Nice, diverse workplace with plenty of room for growth. Learned ends and outs of ITC litigation and Copyright and Patent law. Co-workers were friendly for the most part but the toughest part of the job for me is the commuting distance from my home in Baltimore to DC everyday with small children.
Organization and Professionalism at its finest!
IT Trainer Clerk Summer Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 15, 2013
This firm, is full of respectful, friendly people, and they take care of business in the most organized manner. Each department is linked somehow very intricately to the next that there is almost NO room for error. They truly care about their employees, and most importantly about their clients and clients information. I have worked both in the records department and the IT department. In both departments, the meticulous work done; filing, database upkeep, training course preparation, takes a focused, diligent individual; and that we are were (plus more). This firm taught me the importance of organization and even more the real definition of 'team work'
Most of the staff is terrific; many of the attorneys are great to work with.
Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: benefits are very good
Cons: firm culture is depressing
Finnegan is turning into a sweatshop. It is really sad to see it happen to a once great place to work. Secretaries are now required to handle as many at 10 attorneys. The social aspect that used to hold it together is gone. Holiday parties are now held inside the firm and most of the attorneys don't even attend, so it ends up just being staff and is not conducive to good working relationships. There is segregation going on that never used to be there. They still have excellent benefits though.
Productive workplace and a wonderful team to work with
Professional Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 7, 2013
Working at Finnegan has helped me improve my communication skills and organization skills. Working in the recruiting department of a law firm, there are extremely busy points in the year where you're working in an extremely fast paced environment, and I've definitely learned how to work better under pressure. It's important to get along with the people you work with because you see them everyday and rely on each other to make sure everything runs smoothly - and I LOVE my team!
Overall great place to work
Mgr. Client Billing & Electronic Billing (Former Employee), Washington, D.CAugust 28, 2012
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: managers had to pay for parking
A typical day at work would be interacting with employees, making sure all task were handled in a timely manner. Being a team player is a very important part of the job in the law firm business, because you want to make sure you are meeting deadlines to satisfy the client's needs. My co-workers were dependable, hard-working and loyal to making sure our responsibilities were met. The hardest part of my job was taking invoices out of the normal billing program to make them client specific for approval and payment. The most enjoyable part was training on different billing systems and training the billing staff.
I enjoyed working at this company.
Document and Graphics Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 7, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits and good salary.
Cons: there is a lot of stress in a law firm.
I learned a great deal about computers and I enjoyed the many perks and benefits from this company. It was a great place to grow.