FINRA Employee Reviews

Really loved my boss, and his boss
Market Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2016
Lots and lots of work (good), and you are allowed to schedule your own day. Good balance of phone calls and emails. A few IMs.
Pros
Work load, lots of variety of cases, wonderful co-workers.
Cons
Upper management meetings with no agenda, upper management not valuing any variance of opinion, really still in a 1990's finance industry mode.
Regulatory Industry
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 8, 2016
Professional Regulatory Agency. Provides support to Brokerage Firms, SEC and Exchanges.18 years experience in research and data analysis in the financial regulatory industry. She is a recognized subject matter expert on internal and client-facing systems for NASD and its successor, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA.)
Management team does not fairly judge talent; a lot of favoratism.
Managing Regulatory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2016
The work life balance is non-existent. Since the firm issues you a Blackberry, you are basically on call 24/7 even during sick days, vacation days and weekends.
Great co workers
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2016
Learned about the Financial Regulatory Business. Met new people. Conference Room set-ups ordering food for huge meetings and getting everyone's desires met.
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
Not enough time to accomplish all the work
Provided a great opportunity to learn from experts in many disciplines
Audit Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 4, 2016
Working for the Internal Audit department has allowed me to work with various different business groups inside Finra, and learn about these groups enough so that me and my team can effectively evaluate their performance according to pre-established standards.
Good work culture
Big Data Developer (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 18, 2016
Good work culture with good people around.
Learned big data technology.
Team is very supportive and helpful.
Management is good.
Long term
Senior Systems Engineer-Splunk (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 28, 2016
Finra is a good company if you looking for a long term project. The benefits are pretty cool. You will learn a lot.It's not like going to work in the morning and waiting for going home. You will face new challenges often which will keep your mind refreshed.
Senior PeopleSoft Developer (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 2, 2016
As a contractor I felt FINRA to be a very convenient workplace to work at with nice management. Work schedule is quite flexible.
Pros
X
Cons
Y
Quiet place to work
Data Analyst I- Contractor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 9, 2016
For those that enjoy a quiet, self- paced environment to work, this may be the place for you. Of course this solely depends on the department in which you work in, there are a variety of areas making it probable to find one that works best for you.
Good Work Environment
Examiner - Fixed Income Trading Exam Unit (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2016
It is a good work environment, with supportive and helpful co-workers. Gives a good sense of accomplishment. I would recommend working there to people who are looking to get into regulation.
Dedicated people working to protect investors
Principal Examiner (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJune 1, 2015
Company believes in the mission of investor protection and market integrity. The people are dedicated to the mission. The company has upgraded its exam systems to steamline the flow and protection of documents.
Pros
Dealing with different types of firms
Cons
limited advancement in district offices.
Smart people to work with, enjoyed working in teams.
Technology Training Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2014
I was transferred to FINRA in June 2010 as a Technology Training Manager. I came over from a NYSE transition. The thing I enjoyed most was delivering training roll-outs to different audiences. The training could be Instructor Led, e-Learning, videos, WebEx, and Lync. The most enjoyable part of my job was creating an knowledge management resource center on our intranet. We had live blogs, video rotators, crawlers, dynamic training calendar all communication with the LMS. Brought down class registration from 9 clicks to 2 clicks.
To ensure clients benifits matched to what they request
Entitlement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 3, 2012
A typical day would be checking voice mail, email, and processing forms along with taking calls that may have bounce from the call center. Ive learned many things but what stood out to me was attention to detail, very important. management & co-worker was the best. In the years ive work here at Finra I built the best relationship with my "team". The challenaging part of the job was working with other departments, and what I enjoyed most was just the bond we have there.
Pros
decent job security, fairly competitive pay, free parking if you work in rockville office.
Cons
working with other teams in other departments isn't always easy.
Breaks as I pleased.
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 31, 2015
Very productive workplace. I was able to perform multiple duties. It was for a Temp Agency. If I could have stayed longer I would.
Pros
Very productive workplace.
Cons
Generous employers.
Productive and Exciting Staff
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2015
This is a phenomenal experience to learn a different aspect of Finance and the world of financial litigation. The staff is warm and very receptive to questions or issues that arise.
Examiner
Principal Examiner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2013
Within my seven years at the company has been good experience however over the years the company changed and management has become red tape. Management does not care about keeping staff for long period of time. People get fired because of speaking up for themselves.
benefits
Cons
management
Middleware Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 2, 2015
Performed WebLogic Server 9.x/10.x administration tasks such as Installation, Configuration, Monitoring and Performance Tuning.

Deployed various WAR, JAR and EAR applications in Production and non-production Environments
Interesting and detail-oriented work
SPRING EXTERN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2014
Management and analysts were very supporting of learning opportunities, mentoring my growth in knowledge of financial derivatives. I was asked to provide meaningful work to the team, going beyond a simple resume-padding internship.
Project Manager/Business Lead (consultant) (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 22, 2014
• Responsibilities included assessing financial solutions and cost estimating for the Invoice Tracking Contracts management workflow, federal regulations incorporating 508 compliance, C&A certifications and Privacy Impact Implications (PII) requirements for Office of Research and Finance.
• Drafted Prospectus, Business Cases, Project charters, Project Schedules, WBS task plans, WBS Dictionaries, Risk assessment plans, Metrics & Milestones monitoring dashboards and Presentations on project success for FESWG.
• Designed and implemented framework for Business Process Analysis based on ITIL and BABOK standards.
• Responsible for developing “as-is” and "to-be" business processes models and use cases using Agile (Scrum) Methodology using DOORS for all projects in the Office of Research Finance (ORF) division.
Good place to work. Team oriented
Sr. Manager, Billing and Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 8, 2014
The company believes strongly in life work balance. Promotes employees working towards common goal.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Select members of management micro-managed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FINRA. Our community is ready to answer.