Fircroft Employee Reviews in United States

Don't know much about there office
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2016
I was contracted out by Fircroft and truly didn't have much dealings with them. When I did need to reach out I always got a prompt response.
Well Established, Professional.
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2016
Good Company, Well Established.

Some management challenges.

I'm required to write something here.

They Are a decent company in staffing to work for.
First Rate People - Bad Strategy
Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2016
Good company going through tough times, improvements to leadership and operations must be made to render success in it's current competitive market.

Office politics unfortunately take precedence over actual productivity and winning success.

Definite lack of direction, leadership lacking in experience.

Fircroft is not people centric and the top down communication platform they employ is outdated and ineffective. Currently cutting themselves right out of contention. Uninspired changes tarnish what was once a great entity.

Leadership must own and stand behind their decisions. They must defend decisions, use candor and most importantly not lie about how decisions were discerned.

Grade: C-
Exciting work enviroment
Chevron as a Construction Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 10, 2015
Professional work place, supporting a major oil and gas company build and reach there goals. worked several long hours days and nights when required. worked along many good colleagues. I look for working again on a great project
Not a good place
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasOctober 16, 2015
Terrible management and communication.
You are required to sign-in and sign-out throughout the day so management can add up the minutes/hours worked to determine you have worked your 40+. One afternoon one of the managers said to someone on the legal counsel: Since you arrived at 8:05, we'll just meet you downstairs a little after five.
I knew immediately this wasn't the place for me. They counted how many times people went to the restroom. Some supervisors were allowed to sit on the phone most of the day talking about personal things. Others couldn't ask a candidate a question (like, how was your weekend?) without management stating it was a personal call. It was very weird.
Pros
Good bonuses/commission. Average salary. Good PTO benefits.
Cons
Too many to list; worst company I have ever worked for in the past twenty or so years.
Company in transition experiencing financial trouble
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage AlaskaOctober 7, 2015
Fircroft was a company in transition from a small organization to medium. Their primary focus was Oil & Gas contingent labor. When the oil prices fell the company experienced severe financial issues that led to a global restructure and the subsequent closing of most of the North American offices. My office was one of them, leaving me without employment.
Pros
global reach, privately owned
Cons
weak senior managment, constant staff changes, fluid goals
Productive No Nonsense Environment
Senior Document Control (Brown Field) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2015
Typical work day is fast paced. I have learned a lot of what the client needs for handover. My co-workers are the best business relationship I have had in a long while. They are dependable, hardworking and a no nonsense team. The hardest part of the job is trying to make sure we have everything we need for handover when almost everyone on the project team has moved on. The Most enjoyable part of the job is when the handover documentation is accepted.
Pros
Team building
It's a body shop
Helicopter Logistics Coordinator / Alpine (Former Employee) –  Alpine Oilfield, AlaskaApril 27, 2015
Fircroft is a placement agency that serviced my contract with ConocoPhillips. I did not work for or report to anyone at Fircroft.

As a subcontractor, they did represent me, and their cut was reasonable and substantially less than the industry standard of half.
Great at finding you a job that fits you.
Chevron, Kitimat LNG Project, Administrative Asst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2014
I was able to learn and grow in just a matter of months. I was given great opportunities and took full advantage. I am very grateful for it all because I am a much more valuable employee now than when I initially came in.
Productive and Fun place to work
HSE management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2014
A typical work day is to meet and greet with all workers. There is always something to learn in the work place from the workers and they are always readily accessible to explain. I enjoy my conversations with the workers and respect for one another. My co-workers are always there to lend a helping hand. The most enjoyable part of my job is coaching the workers to develop a "pro-active" work environment. The hardest part of my job is being away from the workers to maintain records.
Pros
incident free work environment
Cons
at times limited breaks
Great company to work for with locations all over the country.
Permit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 7, 2013
Fircroft has been a great company to work for. The management staff is very knowledgeable and I enjoyed working for a company that recognizes hard work.
Pleasant working environment.
Receptionist - Temp (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2012
Very professionally run company. Employees were helpful during my time there.