SENIOR FIRE ALARM TECHNICIAN / PROGRAMMER
- Knowledge and experience with Electricity and Electronics theory including Ohms Law.
- Minimum 5 years experience as Technician and Programmer in for a Fire Alarm Engineered Systems Distributor
- Ability to on-site Project Management, troubleshoot, program, test, and perform minor installation of fire alarm systems.
- Able to lift/move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds. Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders; scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems, programs, schematics and operation/product manuals.
- Working knowledge of DOS, test equipment to include: multimeter, digital analyzers,
frequency meters, decibel meters and communicating devices is required.
- Ability to obtain appropriate licenses required by National, State and Local codes.
- Be Self Motivated, hard working and detail oriented.
- Be a TEAM PLAYER contributing to the continued success, growth and excellent reputation of FDU.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and current clean DMV report prior to the first day of employment.
- California State Certification in Fire Life Safety
- 2-YEAR Associates Degree in a technical field, such as electronics, electricity or equivalent, NICET Level 2 a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Boolean Logic programming.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers to and proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience in access control, CCTV, and /or nurse call a plus.
- Military training / experience a plus.
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS. Not all applicants will receive a response. Only top candidates will be notified. Compensation Package includes: Competitive Pay/ Medical/ Dental/ Life/ Sick/ Vacation/ Potential for Bonuses. No agency calls, please. No out of area relocation, only local candidates need apply.
Fire Detection Unlimited, Inc. (FDU) is a Fire Alarm Distribution, Construction & Service Company located in Martinez, California. We...