Fire Mountain Gems and Beads Employee Reviews

Look elsewhere...
Facilities Technician (Former Employee), Grants Pass, ORFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: close to home, free lunches
Cons: work environment, lack of proper equipment/machines, management lacking
Being at Firemountain you will find alot of good people. Its fast paced, run run wait...for a decision to be made. Run Run, wait...Wrong decision. Run backwards double time...Get the drift. IF your fine with that Like I was great, you will meet some really cool people at this company, if you need experience you can get it, is it right for you? Maybe, maybe not. Whats lacking at this company is competence in its Upper management. Favortism is the bandwagon and load up or ship out. As I was told by multiple management $#it runs down hill here. So in other words, make your boss look great, at all costs. Or like they did to me make up some lame, long list of lies to try and write you up with. Mind you, what they say is LAW, weather or not its true does NOT matter. If you have skills and are looking for something close to home look elsewhere, more than likely you'll do good at what they ask but make others look bad when you do it. Common jobs must be assigned, this is good, but after assigned you still must be told to do the job by your supervisor, then how to do the job, then when you can do the job. Even if the job would take you 5 minutes, it must be Micro managed to that point (So not to get your boss in any trouble for his lack of knowledge or competence). And still if you work hard and do good, too good. You will be in trouble... This is my time there in Facilities, there are more with this same experience, many more. In Other departments it could be better. Best of Luck
Opportunities for Entry-Level Job Seekers
Communications (Former Employee), Grants Pass, OregonFebruary 2, 2015
Good opportunity for entry or unskilled job-seekers; management often lacks core competencies and nepotism rules the culture. Not a great opportunity for skilled, experienced, professional-level employees.
Good to get experience
Designer (Current Employee), Grants Pass, ORJune 4, 2014
Pros: free coffee (it's pretty good!), free tea, department lunches once a month, christmas party
Cons: no sick days, strict clock in/out policy, strict badge policy
I have gotten a great opportunity to learn here. It has helped me gain work experience for a field I wouldn't have had the opportunity to get into with my current education in most places.

While it is a good place to learn, it is very difficult to get a raise or move up. All but a very select few of managers (the lower level ones have been good) really give you any attention. They are there to approve work, and you usually wait a while before you can move forward (if it's not forgotten about). They are all easy to talk to, but having them push for you in terms of a raise or tools you need seems to be forgotten as soon as you walk out of their office.

Basically every employee there is very friendly, and quite easy to get along with.
Incentive Program
Fulfillment Processor (Former Employee), Grants Pass, ORDecember 19, 2013
Pros: free lunches monthly, incentive pay, good health benefits
Cons: favortism, owners don't even know how the company is really run
Fire Mountain was a great company at first, but I honestly was treated badly by them and after being terminated when I was constantly complimented on my work, and promoted the day before I was fired, I created a lawsuit case against them with BOLI. I feel very betrayed by their actions and the things they said to me or about me afterwords. I was only seeking protection and they decided to fire me the victim, instead of the problem. I worked very hard for them and I feel I didn't deserve to be treated this way since I only minded my own business and worked as hard as I could for them, I avoided drama and kept to myself. I wouldn't recommend anyone work for them, honestly. It was wonderful at first, good pay, a fun job to have, you got to socilize in the warehouse, I enjoyed it for a good while. It was fast paced which I love, I work well going fast and learn quickly as well, but how they treated me was not ok.
Production worker
Production Worker (Former Employee), Grants Pass, ORAugust 14, 2013
Pros: early shift provided time with my family
Cons: can not think of any
Sorting and counting beads, advanced to maintaining the sorting machines in the production area,
Family Oriented, hard working business that went above and beyond for it's workers.
Customer service representative/ Reciever II (Former Employee), Grants Pass, ORMay 22, 2013
Pros: bonuses, free food, gifts, paid holidays and much much more.
Cons: health care
I looked forward to every day. Most everyone I worked with was kind and just as hard working as I. I had great managers and everyone of them went above and beyond to ensure I had the best training. I was able to advance in less then six months. We had weekly meetings for my department just to ensure that each of us were praised and comended for our hard work. We had monthly company wide meetings which the owners most always attended. We were catored to on a monthly and sometimes weekly basis. This in my opinion was one of the best traits about the company because it is hard to find a large prosperous company who actually cares about the well being of all of its wokers. I can honestly say I always felt appreciated and even the CEO of the company knew me by name. Which says a lot about a company that has over 500 workers.
Growing company
Employee (Former Employee), OregonOctober 12, 2012
A fast pace company constantly going through changes. Several opportunities to learn new concepts and areas.