FireHost, a secure, fast-paced, growth-oriented secure hosting company, has career opportunities for talented and highly motivated individuals who possess both a solid technical knowledge of hosting environments and excellent communication skills.
The Technology Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for FireHost communication programs including, but not limited to: writing and distributing press materials, consistently pitching press on a global level, building media lists, researching and facilitating industry tradeshows, awards and professional organizations, securing speaking opportunities, and creating additional ideas to support the promotion of FireHost. The Marketing Communications Specialist will be required to network on behalf of FireHost on a regular basis by attending professional events. There will be travel associated with this position. Must have an understanding of cloud hosting or similar technology. A minimum of 3 years experience required.
- Competitive Salary
- FireHost pays 100% of insurance premiums for employeeʼs medical and dental coverage
- Roth and traditional 401K match, up to 6%
- 160 hours paid vacation per year
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish strategy, messaging and target media that will help advocate FireHost in the market by partnering with FireHost contracted PR firms
- Plan, execute and measure the effectiveness of media and analyst activities
- Extensive writing of press releases, case studies, and case studies
- Work with Marketing Manager on ideas for awareness in social media
- Define and execute thought leadership, trend, current events, and editorial calendar media opportunities
- Identify, develop abstracts and secure speaking opportunities and award opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationship with key reporters from major business and tech media
- Manage planning and logistics for media-related activities at industry events such as conferences and product launches
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities with general and business press
- Pitches stories to reporters and editors to generate positive press
- Monitor industry trends and competitive landscape that impact FireHost's communications strategy
- Proven ability to develop and implement communications campaigns
- Ability to conceptualize, structure, write, and pitch compelling stories for a wide range of audiences
- Ability to effectively interact at all levels of the organization
- Experience attending and facilitating industry trade shows
- Must be a persuasive and a quick thinker
- Able to multi-task effectively
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of public relations experience in technology
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or journalism
- Outstanding writing and editing ability with knack for adding clarity and simplicity to complex subjects
Please see www.FireHost.com/company/careers for more details and a complete listing of our open positions.
Indeed - 17 months ago
FireHost is the leader in Secure Cloud Hosting and delivers hosting solutions to eCommerce, SaaS, healthcare IT and security companies...