Lead Account Manager - Mortgage Life Insurance Agent Sales Associate
Core Competencies: Financial Analyst, Customer Service, Business Development
Responsible for 7 Business Associates, Marketing company products and developing marketing segments in the assigned territory via agency networking, direct sales approach and other distribution channels. Part-Time positions available. No cold calling.
Lead Account Manager:
Income commensurate with experience, paid on performance with volume overrides, bonuses and long-term residual income.
All expense paid trips to exotic locations. Next year's trips include Cayman Islands and Aruba.
Some United States travel is required.
Supports staff and Manages all accounts within a defined geographic area and is responsible for realizing premium and profit objectives for those accounts. Activities performed to achieve those objectives may include training on products, systems, service, and underwriting, development of existing accounts or prospecting for new accounts. Serves as the primary contact point for agency support staff to build and maximize the agency/company relationship for all products in the portfolio. Coordinates and executes all new and on-going training on products and systems for all installed lines within the agency. Active in assigned territory prospecting for new clients as well as business development opportunities. Promotes industry knowledge by attending industry conventions and participating in continuing education courses.
- BA/BS/Undergraduate degree and a minimum of two (2) years insurance sales experience OR equivalent work experience
- Must have team building experience and a minimum of two (2) years sales training OR equivalent work experience
- Complete understanding and knowledge of industry, practices, standards, and concepts within field of work and broad business segment. Solid knowledge of management practices
- Influences development of overall objectives including long-range goals for the organization
- Typically exercises judgment within broadly defined policies and practices. Establishes, modifies operating policies and procedures that affect subordinate units
- Manages multiple functions, typically via subordinate managers, or manages an exceptionally high impact function. Develops and communicates function organizational vision
- Ensures that overall organizational objectives, budgets, schedules, and performance standards are realistically set and attained
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as insurance policies, contracts, and financial statements
- Ability to communicate effectively to a small group and in one-on-one settings
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must have strong analytical, verbal, and reasoning skills
- Responsible driving record
- No criminal convictions
- Acceptable credit history