Firebirds Wood Fired Grill Employee Reviews in United States

Alright, but not my favorite!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 23, 2015
I enjoyed working at Firebirds. I liked making relationships with the friendly customers that came in. When it got busy, the manager would always come over to us and complain even when we couldn't do anything to fix the situation. He was rude to customers. I would recommend this job to anyone who is just in college/high school looking for a temporary job.
Chef (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 12, 2015
I come in do cic, butcher, line check, make schedule, do all orders and set pars, invoices. Im on my feet at least 10 hrs a day I make sure i touch every plate for quality control and give feed back to my cooks.
Progressive environment
Regional Manager - Northeast Market (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaOctober 20, 2015
Positive work environment. Growing company. Competitive benefits.
Competitive salary.Good work/life balance. No negatives to add.
Better than average restaurant job
Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 12, 2015
Pay was very good but at the cost of quality of life. The company is growing fast so it could be great for someone who is willing to make the commitment.
Pros
Free food
fun place
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAAugust 14, 2015
I enjoyed this job but it has been purely temporary. I love and enjoy cooking is why I have done it. The experience has been good.
One of the best corporate restaurants out there.
BOH KEY (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZAugust 10, 2015
Great company to work for, consistency, quality and organization are huge aspects of the culture. They have systems in place for almost everything that you encounter in your day. Quality of food is extremely high, great style of service and execution of food. Management is there to help, the chefs are great leaders and are there to coach, lead and support you.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, great skills to pick up . consistent.
Cons
pay is not competetive.
Fine Dining establishment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 27, 2015
A typical day at work for a hostess at Firebirds Woodfired Grill would be to answer phones to take reservations and answer any questions possible, greet guests with a bright smile, and provide good guest assistance when necessary.
The management staff as well as my coworkers were very effective in answering any questions I had, and they always made me feel comfortable and made my experience working there much more enjoyable.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry guests, but using my people skills and good communication usually made them enjoy their experience at the restaurant and helped lighten their mood.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the guests smile and enjoy my company while walking them to their seats or answering their questions, as well as working with my coworkers and managers whom I have made good friendships with.
Poorly executed and organized
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMay 8, 2015
BOH does a typical 11-14 a day, FOH Managers do 9-12 hours a day
Overall corporate organization is lacking, lots of planning and thought failures in features, build outs and contracts.
Regionals will hire and then hold on to bad hires to look good, but dump any one who may voice a contradicting opinion if they aren't secure from tenure
Not very much consideration given to work/life balance, schedules, benefits or compensation.
Pros
Can learn to butcher, llots of time and work with excel and if you want to move up from casual service
Cons
Unclear in the market, not very well organized from corporate down, kind of cheapskates
Hostess
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VirginiaMay 5, 2015
Being a hostess for over a year had its pros and cons.
Pros: friendly environment, accurate discount for meals, pick up hours if needed, great food
Cons: competitive pay, drama, lack of respect from a manager
No complaints.
Server (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALFebruary 20, 2015
Firebirds is a fine dinning restaurant with that caters to any occasion. Management is quick to respond and the training program ensures employees the ability to deliver customer satisfaction.
Pros
great food and friendly work place.
Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 22, 2015
Excellent clientele. Everything is done a certain way, so every table served has the same experience. It a pain to learn, but once you learn the "Firebirds" way ( cold forks placed on right side of guest for salads, fold napkins when guest gets up..ect) it becomes natural and it does make for a better customer experience.
Unfair Treatment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 21, 2015
Managers do not care about employees needs, they would rather continue doing whatever they are doing than help an employee. They are rude and do not schedule employees fairly. One employee was hired after some other employees and within the first week got double as many shifts as someone who had been there for months. Also, the money is terrible.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
bad hours, hosts get no breaks, boring
Firebirds will treat you like one of the flock
Guest Assistant (Busser) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 31, 2014
Great group to work with. Everyone is nice and wants to work for their keep. Managers are great and understandable with everyone of their employees. Flexible schedules. Firebirds is a great place to work.
Great staff and guests
Corporate Trainer, Bartender, Server (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 15, 2014
Loved working there - left to focus on school.
Best part of the job was my co-workers and bar clientele; worst part was management change.
Typically, I would serve 5-12 bar guests at a time, while making all the drinks (with one more bartender) for the restaurant.
Pros
flexible hours with my school schedule
Cons
new management
Productive and fast speed environment.
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chadds Ford, PAOctober 24, 2014
Everyone is genuine and greats you with open arms. Not a bad thing to say about this place. The food is phenomenal. It's like you just left a bonfire with the most flavorful food. The management is very hands on and organized.
Pros
strict guidlines, organization, 50% off meal.
Cons
no benefits
fantastic work place
cook (Current Employee) –  WoodbridgeOctober 9, 2014
Jonathan cobb ( currently employee Woodbridge va)
(Precook/cook) (April2014) love working for this company this is the first restaurant I've been treated great they train you and teach you well great environment and great food.
Pros
great money and the staff are awesome
Cons
A fun work environment to be apart of
Server (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 28, 2014
I have always enjoyed my job at Firebirds it is one of the few places i have had the pleasure to work at that truly signifies a giant family. The help i can receive on a regular basis from fellow co-workers is like nothing i have ever experienced before, never taking even a moment to think about saying no, but rather jumping to help. I have learned how to fine tune my multitasking skills as well as my customer satisfaction rating. I have worked hard and can passionately say that I excel at my job in the service industry.
Typical restaurant experience with better tips
Server (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 5, 2014
As with every food industry business, the people who exclude others, treat peers poorly, call into work hungover, sleep with management, and are just down right bad people get promoted, while the people who should be try to get the attention of the higher ups until they realize there is no point. The tips are by far the best in town (that I've experienced). Average 21%, with wealthier clientele and higher priced menu items. So I suppose that makes it worth it.
Great corporate culture and wonderful food. There is nothing bad to say about the restaurant or it's valuable employees.
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 26, 2014
My day at work typically begins with returning and generating email correspondence with existing clients or new contacts generated through daily marketing or chamber events. After that, I am out marketing to local businesses and sampling Firebirds great food or cheesecake and explaining our VIP lunch and catering programs, leaving menus and contact information. As a key-hourly manager, I try to be back in the restaurant and on the floor–front of the house–to maintain customer interaction and to generate contacts. Then after lunch, resume any necessary emails and attend local chamber event and/or networking events scheduled. I have definitely learned the value of effective marketing and being out in the community "selling" our restaurant concept and capabilities!
Pros
the food is great, it's a fun work environment and meeting alot of people on a daily basis.
Cons
no possibilities for advancement, no health insurance or benefits.
Great food and a great place to be.
Server (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJMarch 10, 2014
Firebirds is a great place to go for lunch with business or at night to celebrate someone's birthday, job promotion etc. I learned here that teamwork is key. Everyone helps out each other to help one get a step ahead in great customer service. The people that I work with are awesome and just as eager as I am to learn more.

I love just being around a constant change of people and personalities. You meet so many amazing people being in this business.
Pros
great experience
Cons
long hours and never sure how much you're going to make.