FireEye Employee Reviews

Company on decline since IPO. Not fun.
GRC IT Compliance Lead (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 9, 2017
The culture is not practiced consistently through the company. There is flexibility for some but not for other departments. Little work life balance. Hundreds laid off and remaining have to pick up the extra work.
No matching 401K
No proper titles
No opportunity for advancement or a career path
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No matching 401K, salary increases or bonuses
Wonderful, wonderful place to work
Account Development Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 6, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Very little conflict wonderful place to work. wonderful Job Work/life balance very wonderful place to work. wonderful compensation/benefits wonderful place to work.
Great Potential
Account Executive, SMB (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 30, 2016
Great product, management lacks direction and doesn't look to the future. Fast paced industry with a lot of competitors catching up to FireEye.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
no career growth path
Stressful and lacks direction
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CANovember 14, 2016
The culture is stressful. Management needs to understand that people are their biggest asset. The company lacks alignment and direction. No strategy, no career paths, and no training provided.
Pros
Drinks and snacks
Cons
No work/life balance, unstable
Challenging and fun environment to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTSeptember 27, 2016
In any given day at FireEye I am working on maintaining business relationships. Reaching out and keeping regular contact with my accounts. I have learned to be a powerful negotiator through working closely with management and being coach-able. My co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part of the job is knowing that sometimes my quota at the end of the quarter is in someone else's hands, such as a business partner etc.
Unsustainable Culture
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 20, 2016
Too much spending on the unnecessary and not enough investment into the workforce. Top heavy HR and Executive staff. Too many hands in the pot and none are communicating.
Pros
Flexible work schedule & able to work from home 98% of the time
Cons
Unsustainable Culture
Lack of leadership
Enterprise Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 20, 2016
Very poor leadership structure, almost non-existent in a sales culture. For a company with a nation in the industry like FireEye, I was deeply disappointed to find out how it was run once I got in.
Great place, short lived
Asset Recovery Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 18, 2016
I was only at FireEye for 8 months due to a major restructuring involving 400+ layoffs. During my time, I fit right in with my team and others groups. Management understood my life work balance and was able to take PTO with a days notice. You got unlimited sick and PTO per year, and they paid for most of my medical. Free catered lunch by Opah. Wish I could have stayed, I was able to learn asset recovery and add to my skills.
Pros
Free Lunches, unlimited PTO and sick time
Cons
Micro managed feeling at times. Cubes felt dated. Layoffs 8 months after I started.
Okay Place
Sr. Firewall/Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 15, 2016
The engineers are very dedicated and fun to work with.
The management is another story! The older management has been pushed out and a set of new management team is implementing useless ideas and projects. You cannot believe what they tell you either.
Good place to work in Detroit MI
SalesForce Developer/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 5, 2016
Had a great time working in Detroit,MI. Had a wonderful work atmosphere.

• Involved in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) starting from Requirements Gathering and Design.
• Maintaining the Sandboxes (also includes Sandbox Refresh) required for Testing,
deploying code to Production.
• Involved in activities related to Saleforce.com setup, Configuration, customization, Administration, Development, Data Migration and deployment of application to force.com platform.
• Worked on Visualforce Language to develop Visualforce pages, overriding buttons, links and tabs, custom components, templates, integrating email etc.
• Implemented Validation Rules, Assignment Rules, Sharing Rules, and Escalation Rules according to the application requirements.
• Agile Development Methodology was followed for the implementation.
• Have been part of System Integration Testing, done in other Salesforce instance, once the developments done in the developer instance.
• Created different types of Custom Reports for standard objects as well as custom objects to give complete details regarding Customer (Account) Orders, Renewal Forecasting, and Customer Balance Report with Multi-Currency support.
• Customized the Dashboards to the track usage for productivity and performance of business centers and their sales teams.
• Involved in creating and customizing Email template and configuring them to the email alert within the workflow rule for a standard/custom object.
• Created Reports and Dashboards as per the customer requirements.
• Worked on data migration from databases
  more... to SFDC using Data Loader.  less

Want to know more about FireEye?

Ask a question
Good place to start career
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 24, 2016
FireEye is the leader in Network Security/Information Security domain. You would get a chance to work with world's best information security scientists and technology.
Pros
Free Lunch, Bonus, Perks
Cons
inefficient Management
Productive and positive environment to work on
L2 Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 16, 2016
Enjoyable atmosphere, great coworkers and management. Knowledgeable coworkers and good customer. There's always something new to learn and the work load is not overwhelming.
Pros
Learning, camaraderie, customers.
Cons
Badly managed with little executive oversight.
Senior SharePoint Developer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2016
My day to day work was very enjoyable tasks and internal clients were very enjoyable. Unfortunately the management was terrible and when issues were raised by other employees regarding unfair treatment the complaints were routed back to those doing the misdeeds by those in executive and VP roles. No investigations into misconduct occurred following reported events. The company also decided to route all new hires to outside countries releasing top performing US based employees and replacing them with very junior level resources. I personally was brought on to identify skill gaps and problems within the team I was hired to due to lack of delivery and a bad internal reputation. Many months went by before my own manager was available to discuss this topic with me. At that time I provided a list of easy wins the team could make and was told that the team was not prepared to make the changes without training for which there was no budget. At that point my manager began hiring resources into senior positions who were unable to perform basic expected tasks for entry level employees. A few months later I was let go as a team reduction for cost savings which only affected the top performing members of the team. None of the advice provided was implemented and this looks like it will be a perpetual problem for this company.
Pros
Remote Work, Flexible Hours, Fulfilling Work
Cons
Management, Executives, Badly Resourced Off Shore Teams
Great Place to Work!
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 29, 2016
FireEye is a great place to work, and the leadership is very friendly and supportive. We really are like a big huge family. FireEye offers open vacation time as well as free lunch on site.
Pros
Free Lunch, Amazing Management
Cons
Long Hours, Somewhat high turnover
A perfect balance of Fun and Work, with a huge scope for improving techical skills
Jr. Salesforce Developer/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 28, 2015
The work culture with FireEye was really friendly, being my first job In USA ,was a bit nervous but the work atmosphere has been really good there. Got to learn a lot, which i dint knew. Each and every employee were really helpful when it comes to the programatical approach on a created user story.
Exciting, But Maybe Not in a Good Way
Full-time content marketing consultant (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 9, 2015
To be sure, one of the hottest companies in the cybersecurity space, but overmatched management and a drunken sailor approach to spending makes this a top candidate to be acquired by a more mature company with well developed acquisition and integration skills.
Product Marketing Analyst
Product Marketing Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  MilpitasSeptember 9, 2015
FireEye is a great company to work for and is one of the few companies that has a dedicated internship program.

As an intern, you have a mentor and a manger assigned to you. The projects an intern works on are live projects. As an intern, I participated in many projects which were due for implementation in Q4.

The top management is accessible to interns, quite unlike some other companies.

Overall FireEye is a great place to work and I will highly recommend.
Pros
mentor ship, working on live projects, free lunch
Overall FireEye is a great place to work!
IT Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 21, 2015
FireEye Inc is a great place to work. It's fast paced and growing however, it's maintained a small company feel. The employees are friendly, hard working and dedicated. Executive management team would have quarterly all hands meetings to make sure everyone is aware of the company's overall goals and strategies.
Pros
Free lunches, great HR department, good health programs
Cons
with the fast paced environment caused back tracking of projects due to missing critical components, with fast growth comes growing pains
Great to work
Senior Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 9, 2015
Cutting edge technology, great work culture, lots of opportunities in different areas, growing veriy fastg
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Good company
Staff QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  MilpitasApril 14, 2015
Good company.
Competitive benefits.
Too late for startup options.
Advancement opportunity is very limited.
co-workers are friendly.
Security can be a very deep field to get into.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
health benefits not too great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FireEye. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9