Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews

Cooperative employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FL 32940February 6, 2016
Throughout my days at Firehouse, I met a number of new employees and learned new ways to do things more efficiently. I feel I really improved the store together with the management team.
Pros
Quality products
Cons
Constant changing of employed part-timers.
Poor taste in my mouth
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDFebruary 1, 2016
The store and business of Firehouse Subs is great, but the management at my store was of the lowest quality, store would open late to save money, employees were hired and then only worked 3 days out of the month to save money, on the job was chaotic and un-productive.
Professional, Clean, Helpful, Understanding and sometimes a little fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 31, 2016
They helped me learn and grow in the Food Service Industry. They stood by me in my professional growth and even gave good advice with other matters. The management staff was amazing! I call a few of them friends today and can call on them still. I had a great experience with Firehouse Subs in Athens, GA. I am a better person overall for having worked there.
Pros
Excellent management team. Friendly environment.
Cons
Benefits were lacking; but that's industry wide, not just Firehouse
productive and fun work place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNJanuary 19, 2016
Firehouse Subs is a faced paced environment.
A friendly and fun company to work for.
I have learned great customer service, cash handling, deposits, and leading a team to do the best to our ability.
NIGHT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 16, 2016
making customers happy, making sure opening and closing duties were done. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning new ways of leadership.
Productive.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJanuary 14, 2016
A typical day at Firehouse Subs:
Clock In.
Start Food Prep.
Make Subs.
Clean Lobby/Line.
The environment was amazing and friendly. Employees are always outgoing and positive.
Pros
Breaks. Friendly environment. Clean Restaurant
A great place of employment.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 11, 2016
Firehouse Subs was my second job ever while in high school and I stayed with it because I love the sandwiches, I love the family environment. My training as a shift leader and manager started here and I'm most proud of working at firehouse because this is what made me who I am today. I've learned as a manager how to read numbers, count inventory, count money and make deposits. The fact that it was a franchise that was family operated, there was not much room for growth there, therefore I had to part ways to expand my potential.
Pros
Fantastic Franchisee
Cons
No room for growth.
Great first job.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 5, 2016
Super easy, making sandwiches, cleaning, using a register. Great management, ownership, and generally great co-workers who work together as a team.
Make Pretzles
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Angola, NYDecember 31, 2015
My first job at my youngest age so there wasn't much room for me to move up. But overall I enjoyed the job it was more or less the MANAGMENT at this location that I didn't like. Its located on a thruway which gives the opportunity for spontaneous rushes. In which sometimes I was left alone to work the store and sometimes close because the manager (Only 1 Manager) would not come in if a person called off. Not even show up late and help close. You shared the sink room with 4 other stores. So the nights you closed by yourself you close at the same time as 3 of the stores and you don't get to the sinks you are gonna be there late.
Pros
All you can eat pretzels
Cons
Terrible management
Fun work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 17, 2015
Wasn't here long to see how the work place atmosphere work out. Cashier and Sandwich maker. Food prep and call fielder.

Coworkers was Micro managed, and pushed to limits. I have learned that the most enjoyable part of this job is Meeting and greeting all the different customers who frequented the establishment,
Pros
Meet excellent people
Cons
Owner+ stress
Fast Paced
Counter clerk and food prep (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLDecember 14, 2015
First good job I had, learning the fast paced work load, knowledge of sandwiches, surrounded by good co-workers. Also started customer service.
Welcoming, professional workplace.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 6, 2015
I worked there for about 6 years. The owner was extremely helpful and I learned so much from her about what it takes to be a part of a business. I was able to work my way up to a management position and she was was very supportive.
fgh
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 5, 2015
It is a good experience. Want to start serving though. Great place to learn small things. Boss was cool and the employees were nice.
Pros
g
Cons
g
Terrible Working Environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 4, 2015
This place was very hard to work in. With the minimum wage they were paying me, it was not worth the work load assigned to me.
clean and well managed
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GADecember 2, 2015
Firehouse subs was an awesome place to work, I became very close with all the crew the manager and owner well very nice people would love to work there again but got a better job oppertunity.
Pros
great people
Fun environment
Cashier/ lineman (Current Employee) –  Cedar City, UTNovember 30, 2015
A day at Firehouse subs is a productive and customer friendly place to work. Co-workers are easy to get along with and make everything a team effort. Management is very understanding of both our work lives and home life.
Pros
50 % off meals
Cons
Healthcare
Busy work environment.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Covington, GANovember 30, 2015
I was promoted to shift leader within 3 months of the store opening. I usually would close the store but I always opened on Sundays.
Great Place to work
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 24, 2015
Haven't ever worked for a better run organization in my life. The owner of the restaurant I worked for is more than likely one of the best bosses anyone could ever have.
Casual Restaurant with hearty sandwiches
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 23, 2015
The best part of working at firehouse subs would be the food.
The generous portions and gourmet hot sauces will always leave a lasting impression on me. I've found my favorite hot sauce here. And for any hot sauce lovers out there you'd understand the appreciation that comes with discovering your favorite sauce.
Pros
Gourment Sauces, generous meat portions, managerial and leadership development
Cons
long hours of standing, dress code
Fun work environment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 21, 2015
Prepped daily
Handled cash
Effectively made customers order in a timely manner
Janitorial duties
Learned to take and order stock
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
No boss like figure