Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews

Great place for employment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Winter Springs, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Franchisee is amazing. If you work good then you are taken care of. Not hard to learn and a nice place for customer service experience. Great place for employment.
eh
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2018
it was really fun when i worked with firehouse. some of the management were rude or mean but otherwise it was a fun company to work for. i met my current boyfriend while working there so its been great.
Pros
good job
Cons
mean management
did not like it
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 22, 2018
I would not go back to firehouse subs for anything. It was my least favorite place to work at, but it was very clean. Firehouse would not be reccomended
Stressfull rude managers and no employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2018
I hated this job long hours because they dont have any employees because they allways quit and managers dont care how they talk to you youll be better off at McDonald's they DONT GET NO RAISE AT. ALL NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY ASK YOU TO STAY OVER YOIR TIME
Pros
No serious managememt
Cons
Far distant
Management was hardworking, high quaility work required
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 19, 2018
Serving sandwiches to customers, prepping food and cleaning
learned how to work during a lunch rush at a fast pace without lowering quality of work.
management was excellent
satisfying customers
making sandwiches, they support local law enforcement and fire fighters
Pros
free sandwich/ week, fellow employees
Cons
strict managment, low pay, no rewards
Ok experience.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Southern Pines, NCJanuary 18, 2018
This was the first job I ever had. It was a good job for that. I didn't learn a lot from this job but some communication skills. The management was ok but it was mostly a joke. They literally let anything slide with their employees for the most part. The hardest part was just having to clean everything. The most enjoyable part was that it wasn't too hard and everyone was nice and funny.
Pros
Not too hard of a job, free small cups for drinks
Cons
short breaks, no free lunch only discount
Sandwich shop
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 18, 2018
It is a fast pace job, with fun peoples to work with.
The customers are great I love working around different people and meeting peoples.
Talking with the customer learning and understanding where they came from and where they are going in life is very interested.
Sometimes we get slow but we are mostly busy during lunch times
Pros
Going in late getting off early
Cons
No hours or benefits
It was not fun and very hostile
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2018
The owner treated my manager very poorly and talked to us like we were dirt honestly. She didnt even care when my mom had several strokes. I learned how to be quick on my feet and how to multitask and to how to allow someone to treat you badly and just take it with a grain of salt.
Pros
one hour lunch break
Cons
the verbal abuse
Firehouse Subs
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 17, 2018
I liked working there. The coworkers were nice and helpful. Manager was great he would work with you if you had a personal problem. Fair treatment of workers.
Pros
Discount
Cons
no benefits
Pretty much exactly what you'd expect
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 17, 2018
It's just your average minimum wage job. Good job for high school students due to its flexibility with hours and time off. The manager was nice but could have been more organized. Coworkers were friendly. At my location, lunch rush was really the only busy time. Usually have to stay a little extra to help clean up the store.
fine
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 16, 2018
firehouse was great. i learned a lot and got my knife skills from there. the sandwiches are great and ................................................
It was ok. About what you'd expect from working an entry level restaurant
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJanuary 14, 2018
It wasn't a bad place to work. Most of my coworkers, and my managers were awesome to work with. It didn't pay very much, and I didn't get a ton of hours, but that's to be expected from an entry level restaurant job such as this
Decent place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAJanuary 12, 2018
For the most part the people you with are fun and nice. But NEVER tell any private business or secrets to them or they will tell others. For some reason they love to gossip
Productive/Fast pace
Manager/ Inventories (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Firehouse Subs was an amazing experience for my first job. The management was amazing the crew was awesome the culture was inspiring. Every time I would come into work I felt motivated to give it my best not only for me and my self but for my crew and the costumers that would expect nothing but the best.
cut throat bad management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 12, 2018
a typical day at work was stressful, the owner and supervisors were very unprofessional. They constently screaming and cursing in front of customers. I learned to make the food. The work place culture was not appropriate. There was no "hard" part about the job, it was the management who made the job more difficult then it needed be. The most enjoyable part of my job was when all my duties were finished and I got to clock out.
Pros
tips
Cons
no lunch break no overtime
Productive and fun
Cashier/Steamer Crew/Dishwasher/Slicer/Food prep (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJanuary 11, 2018
The assistant manager was very nice fun helpful and great to work with one of the other managers not so much she wasn't helpful she told lies and was kind of rude among other things. I lived the work and most other coworkers we got along jimed around and tried to have fun with our work so our days wouldn't be so bad. I loved that it was fast paced and there were different areas to work in. On the days you worked you also got discounts on your meal.
Pros
Great coworkers, fast paced, decent pay
Cons
Could be more understanding about medical or family issues, and managers could listen and pay attention to their employees more
Great for a part time job
Food Prep, Cook (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Working at Firehouse subs was a fun job experience and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for something temporary. However there are not a lot of opportunities for advancement. It is a nice place to work and has a great atmosphere however the location I worked at did not offer enough hours to support me financially and so I had to seek employment elsewhere.
Pros
Great management. Friendly environment.
Cons
Too many employees not enough hours to go around.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Macclenny, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Fun staff, bad management. I liked it there and worked a lot. They were going to make me a manager before i left, but i needed more hours to pay rent.
Bad place to work
Cashier/Sub Maker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 8, 2018
Dont do interviews dont make copies of anything important has night time people do all the cleaning and lets morning just leave worst place to work manger dont know what they are doing.
Pros
Nothin
Productive and Awesome
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCJanuary 8, 2018
The culture here at Firehouse is awesome. I loved the pace and and customer interactions. Sales was the name of the game. I learned every customers name. I still to this day bump into them and know them.