Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews

great food
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMarch 23, 2017
A typical day included slicing the meat for sandwiches, making sandwiches, taking orders, and cleaning the restraint. hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with customers. every now and the you get a grumpy customer who takes it out on you and you just have to smile.
eh
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAMarch 22, 2017
It was a good job, i had to get emergency surgery and wasnt able to work and they got angry at me told me it was uncalled for and i had to still go in
Productive and fun work enviroment.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 22, 2017
I received quality/useable training for the job that I would be doing. The management is awesome, and the work environment is laid back but productive.
Pros
It allowed me to learn the service industry at a fast pace. And lunch is a plus.
Demanding moments at the job
Sandwich Creator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 20, 2017
It was a very rewarding first job. I liked that my co-workers were willing to help during my transition to my first job. It was an amazing first job. Could be difficult at times.
Pros
Free lunches and an understanding co-worker system
Cons
Management could be demanding and not very understanding
I liked to meet new people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMarch 20, 2017
I had a good time while I was working at Fire house subs because of all the new faces I got to meet and got to have a conversation with. They showed me the ins and outs while working for them.
prductive work place
Cashier, Dining (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 17, 2017
i have learned from this job how to work at a fast pace and to think on my feet when things don't go the way that every one was thing it would go. the quality of workers was always at its best.
Pros
free drink
Cons
short brakes no lunch no healthcare
Firehouse subs
Owner (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYMarch 17, 2017
This was a great company to work for. The area rep was very hands on and helped build sales. I was able to build a successful business to sell so I can move closer to family.
laid back job & friendly managment/ co workers
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCMarch 16, 2017
firehouse subs has a smaller crew of workers than most places so you get to know everyone really well & feel comfortable in your work environment as well as working more efficiently together. very bad pay and benefits.
Great Place to Work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAMarch 16, 2017
I loved working with everyone. The owner is GREAT! I learned a lot about working in customer service and how to better accommodate to peoples needs. Filling catering orders was always fun too.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 16, 2017
On my first day I one of the shift managers used racial profanity towards me and called me a N****. That really bothered me. My first day of work I basically had to train myself. Some of the managers didn't get along with each other. I came in did my work and went home.
Great co-workers friendly environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 15, 2017
It is a good place to work at and I enjoy my time working there than most of my jobs I have worked for. They respect each other co-worker more as a friend then a co-worker. Only problem is the customers will driver you to some kind of madness on their specific request but it is handled in a proper fashion. Some days is can be very tedious but not too crazy.
Pros
great co-workers, managers, owner
Cons
not enough pay for efforts
Restaurant can not hold employees
Trained as a Shift Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 14, 2017
I worked there for a year and a half and while I did become a shift leader the management was really awful. Its a very easy job, but I did not feel as though the management was good at all.
Pros
50% off meals when working, 25% when you are not
Cons
Have to take breaks, bad management
Positive Corporate structure
Crewperson (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMarch 14, 2017
But a very poorly operated franchisee.I am proud to say I work for firehouse and stand firmly behind what the company stands for, the support for first responders, the foundation, the product is especially noteworthy. With the glowing review of the company as a whole the franchisee that I currently work for has some less than impressive hiring habits.
Pros
strong corporate mission statement
Cons
poor choice in franchise owner in my area
Great starter job
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Murphy, TXMarch 13, 2017
Firehouse teaches you what you will need in future jobs by teaching responsibility, cleaning, inventory, and cashiering. These are all skills that you will need in future jobs so it is a great starter to learn from.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
No healthcare or vacation
Interesting work environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXMarch 13, 2017
Friendly staff and team, with a great culture only problem was the Owner of the store being neglectful of needs, and abuse of labor among different tiers of employees.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Management Pay
fun but to much drama
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  38 hampton villageMarch 12, 2017
don't get enough hours to much drama theres no benfits and not a good pay customers could put a smile on your face managers talk behind your back also too.
Productive and fun place to work at
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMarch 12, 2017
I personally liked working at FireHouse Subs. It was a fun place to work, i mean the customers are the sweetest. The workers are really cool and understandingas a team. I loved it; I just improved to a better job.
Fun hard working environment.
Cashier/Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 11, 2017
I like firehouse subs, and its a good place to work, pay rate is fine and management is fine, with flexible schedule hours, I would recommend it to others.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 11, 2017
Management was good, everyone helped each other. nothing but good vibes, fun place to work, I would recommend other to work there. Easy, different environment.
it was okay
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 10, 2017
i enjoyed working here because of the food and the people i worked with. the manager wasnt really that great. she was actually very rude to the employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firehouse Subs. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7