Firehouse Subs

Firehouse Subs Employer Reviews

low salary company
Associate (Current Employee), PRDecember 24, 2014
Pros: some free food
Cons: short breaks, benefits
No full time for employees, No raise salary. Productivity plus fun job. Good teamwork, Good management. The hardest is when we have a heavy line, but its entertaining and keeps you busy.
I really enjoy to work with our customers. The products have quality.
Good First Job Experience
Crew Member (Current Employee), Brandon, FLDecember 23, 2014
Firehouse Subs is a good first experience. It helped me with customer service, dealing with different personalities and learning job details. My management is very helpful in assisting me in developing my work ethics. I enjoy working with people.
Current Job
Crew Member (Current Employee), Merritt IslandDecember 21, 2014
I enjoy my job, I just cannot live on part time, a minimum wage. I enjoy the fast paced environment to keep me busy. I enjoy the wide variety of people I work around and get to interact with. I also enjoy preparing food. Delicious food, at that!
good people to work for
cashier/crew member (Former Employee), Boynton Beach, FLDecember 19, 2014
Pros: we got 50% off at are break time
Cons: dont give enough hours
It was a good place to work but they are not good with giving employees a lot of hours
By the books
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 18, 2014
Working here gave me the chance to really learn what typical assistant/general manager has to deal with on a day to day. It a very strict by the book company, and the hardest part would have to be working with a very young staff that was always changing. The food was amazing thou
I worked at a fast pace enviornment and provided excellent service to customers
CASHIER/ SERVER/ DISHWASHER (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 18, 2014
the most enjoyable part of my day was meeting new people and making sure customers were satisfied .
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Gadsden, ALDecember 17, 2014
I was the assistant manager for about 2 years. I loved the people I worked with. We were like our own little family and it made it so great to come to work and see their faces. We loved our customers and had fun while always doing our jobs right. I really enjoyed managing this place. The manager above me is the only complaint I had. She was the hardest – more... part of my job. – less
Fun work with nice co-workers
Crew Member (Former Employee), Spring Hill, TNDecember 17, 2014
Pros: discounts on subs and free drinks
Cons: place hired too many people and ended up getting laid off
A typical work day there was enjoyable since everyone I worked with were pleasant people to be around. I would either toast the bread, serve customers in the dining room, or work the cash register. Since this was my first job everything I did I learned. I liked the management there except from what I heard about one manager I met once before I was laid – more... off. I think the hardest part of the job is the usual of any restaurant and that is the lunch rush. While it may have been the hardest part I also believe is was the most enjoyable part when I was the cashier because I got to meet all the customers. – less
Team member (Former Employee), Grand Blanc, MIDecember 17, 2014
I just loved my job although you may have some ticked off customers that may be disrespectful but as long as your respectful and calm you can help them answer their own question. I love the fact that I had my own little space in the front of the office and I also love the fact that we wasn't only co workers we was a family.
Not a great place.
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Former Employee), Centennial, CODecember 14, 2014
This place is poorly run. The other locations I have heard are somewhat better but the management here is just awful. Poor compensation, no employee respect, and a pretty unprofessional work environment all over. I would not recommend unless you are desperate.
Great place to eat, but employment can be better.
Cashier (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, NJDecember 8, 2014
Firehouse Subs is a great sub shop to eat at. Not too many people are fond of eating warmed up lunch meat, but once you eat there you will fall in love. The environment is great, I enjoy my coworkers, but I don't think really enjoy being an employee. I make $8.25 per hour, but I only work like 3 out of 7 days. My checks are not helping me being that – more... I'm a college student. I need to maintain a steady, well paying pay check to help me make a living while I finish these last two semesters at community college. But overall, it really is a good environment. – less
I felt like I was leaving my family
General Employee (Former Employee), Daphne, ALDecember 7, 2014
Anybody can make a sandwich but none compare to Firehouse subs. Period. I was the dishwasher, cashier, sub artist, lobby maintenance and prep cook. Fellow employees felt like best friends and family. Good pay for high school kid with no bills. Great first job that lasted for 3 good years of my life.
With the right attitude, this place could be great for teens in transition
Shift Leader (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 29, 2014
Pros: 1/2 off lunches for employees
Cons: employees constantly quit, minimum pay
Probably one of the easiest jobs you could ever have starting in the workforce. The mornings can be overwhelming if you've never worked fast food before, but overall its your typical casual fast food restaurant. The workload is by far very minimal but that doesn't keep the employees from quitting or being terminated. The revolving door of employees – more... is bothersome but that is caused by the inconsistencies of the supervisors and managers or because the employee was not very interested in working. With a better management team, I believe this place would be great for "rookies" in the workforce. However, if the store does not set a standard, they will not be around very long. – less
productive, fun, entertaining
Cashier (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 9, 2014
i loved working here. this place is as close to being family as they can be.
Firehouse Subs
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee), Fremont, CANovember 6, 2014
Pros: great enviornment, family based, flexible schedule
Cons: management, hours sometimes messed up, lack of manners from management
Working at firehouse subs is a great experience for people who are starting there first job here. Here you feel right at home and they get you involved with everything that is going on. The work is easy to handle but it also depends on how fast efficient you are.
At Pablos
G.M (Former Employee), nc.November 4, 2014
dont really remember the job tasks or people of this job. They closed down on my birthday without notice.
A new franchise with an immoral owner
General Manager (Former Employee), Milton, GAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: initial pay.
Cons: an immoral boss.
I started making sandwiches. The first level of management was very incompetent. Within six months I became general management. Drastic changes were implemented until I found a team I respected.

The owner barely trained me. Several times I called staff at one of his other two stores. Management complained about the same thing.

We had a few misunderstandings. – more... I never received compensation for above average results in certain areas.

If that wasn't enough he docked my pay for staying at the hospital with my wife for two days. My new assistant was very capable. If he needed help with anything he knew to call me. I checked in several times and all was well.

To take money from someone when they need more money to support their new life is immoral. I subsequently left for obvious reasons.

After two years of dealing with this I left. – less
I really enjoyed my time at this place of employment.
Cashier/ Cash register (Former Employee), Easley, SCOctober 27, 2014
Pros: discounted food prices
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work included me stocking all food for the day's requirement. I learned the importance of time management. Management overall was very supportive. My co-workers helped me to make sure the restaurant was run to the best of its abilities. The hardest part of the job was the cleaning responsibilities after closing hours. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was making new friends and new acquaintances in returning, satisfied customers. – less
cool company
Crew Member/Cook (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAOctober 20, 2014
had fun with fellow co workers. no problems at all. the boss was cool as well as the customers.
Somewhat a fun environment
Shift manager (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHOctober 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches, fun boss
Cons: no benefits, no raises, no management
Firehouse is a great place to work for a first job. But I think anything after that is not worth it. The management is poorly ran.

1 2 3 4 5

About Firehouse Subs

Four alarm hunger might drive some sandwich lovers to these restaurants. Firehouse Restaurant Group operates and franchises more – Read more

Firehouse Subs Photos