Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews

Firehouse
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCNovember 5, 2016
I typical day at firehouse is typical slow , what I have learned is the customers and what they like and how they like it, the management is a disappointment not well managed, co workers are for the most parent lazy, do not want to work, or just all around slow, the hardest part of the job is the management of the manager trying to comply with everything and not knowing what to do when it is not understood , the hypocrisy of the management, lack of stability, the stress,picking up other peoples slack, the enjoyable part when it is slow and stays so slow
Pros
Slowness of the business
Cons
Slacks, Managements, Activity
Organized and repetitive workplace
Crew Member and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 19, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of taking orders, making food, prepping food, and cleaning at the end. I learned at firehouse how to grow in knowledge and skill of a specific task with practice. Every day I repeated the steps to ensure a steady workflow and learned a new way to observe each step as I progressed. The management kept the company organized and functioning. They keep a sense of professionalism in the workplace available even if the day's employees were very loose. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work culture, where the management and employees get to have a less objective based atmosphere more social including music and conversations. Overall the company makes the job a fun young people starter job, and keeps an individual focused on greater potential for their future.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
bad hours
Fast Food Jobs
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 31, 2017
It's just fast food. It's never going to be great. This place is not the exception. The site wants me to keep writing so if you've read this far, stop. I'm not really fond of writing reviews because I didn't really hate the people I was working with. Fast food is just a really draining job, the pay sucks and people are rude.
Pros
50% lunches
Cons
short breaks, Low pay
Firehouse Subs
Assistant Manager/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 18, 2017
Going in to work didn't feel like work. As mangers we made sure we lead by example and always smiled. The thing that helped me the best in the food industry is understanding people. Which i think is my best trait. I had a great owner who gave the wheels to the ship and i increased sells each year.
Pros
Free Lunch, Pay Checl\k
Cons
Healthcare
Awesome!!!
Shift Leader/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 26, 2017
My boss was amazing completely understandable, considerate, respectful, funny. Made the work family a family. There was hardly ever an drama. Most employees respected you and there was never any problems with employees not doing what they were suppose to do.
Pros
Discounted lunches for employees, shift leaders, free lunch
Cons
Clean, fast, and customer friendly.
Firehouse subs shift leader (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNDecember 10, 2016
I like this job because now I am part of the management crew, were I can prove myself to be a good leader for the restaurant team. I have more responsibilities now which is good. And now I can run my own shift. Firehouse gave me the opportunity to grow and progress.
Pros
The owner is an amazing guy.
Cons
We're not busy enough.
Customer service
Cashier, line, prep, floater (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAFebruary 9, 2017
Very great with trading and with helping me in customer service and cash handling. Teached me how to be fast paced in a fast food sand which environment. Helped me with my communication skills to better comunnitcate with do workers and customers.
Pros
Free kids meal
Cons
Attitude, management, better opportunity
Good
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INOctober 16, 2016
Good good good good good good good good good good gokd good good good good good good good goo goof good want goof 5 days of school left side decks to decide 6 to this with a and to said with I and want said stay I fine want we stay see fine path we choose see if he could if fruits even vegetables once I are the when for gets and to said with a period to do what you they the it debate seem ok well just r for still third up your now so feel gonna ask me if you have the right thing time all that is a lot
Cons
Most of the employees are super nice, it is a good place to work.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 12, 2016
This was a great start for me since I was just starting to work, it was a really nice environment almost all of the employees were friends. The manager that I had was awesome and he really believed in me and the shift leaders were pushing me to become a shift leader they were all very encouraging.
Pros
It was a really great environment to work in
Cons
the customers weren't always nice (to be expected)
Great First Job
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 7, 2016
Considering the fact that it is a restaurant, Firehouse Subs is not nearly as busy as other places. This makes it great for a first time job. However, the longer you stay, the more monotonous it seems. If you are a good worker, you can earn advancements fairly quickly as well as gain plenty of hours. I am a trusted employee which is great for money, but not great for time. I am often called in on my days off and work over on my shifts. This adds a level of stress to my life considering the fact that I go to college.
Pros
Quick advancements, great first time job, management
Cons
Monotonous, too much time away from other responsibilities

Want to know more about Firehouse Subs?

Ask a question
Learning experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2016
This was a very good company and the environment for working was a pleasurable experience , the management emphasized customer service internally and externally and the most part was the friendly customers. Working hard and paying attention to detail was very important. Time management was especially important so that I was able to maximize my time and not waste time.
really really wonderful co workers
Night Kitchen Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 2, 2017
the workstaff at the establishment i worked at were very sweet! rules and work etiquette was taught to me in a easy to understand manner and i was able to move up in the company decently. stores are a decent size and rude behavior wasnt tolerated from other co workers.
Productive and upbeat work enviroment.
Opener (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLDecember 27, 2016
My typical day is fully involved with plenty of work and lots of cheerful customers. Pleasant work environment, excellent staff, extremely upbeat and for the person who doesn't like to go, go, go this company may not be for you. Multi tasking and meeting new people everyday, I love it.
Great environment, with lots of good memories
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAFebruary 20, 2017
This place was very fun to work at everyday, I always worked lunch rush, so I always enjoyed the fast-paced environment. All of management was cool, there was never any drama between peers and i always had a good time.
Pros
50% off all food, and a great staff
Cons
No benefits
great enviroment for first job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 21, 2016
this job was my first job. i started off as a crew member that didnt know anything about working or responsibilities. after about 6 months my general manager wanted to move me into a shift leader postion where ii had to pass a test to get certified. i got a key to the store and was able to vfome in on my own and get the store ready for the day.
Overall Firehouse Subs was a generalized decent workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 19, 2016
I found working at Firehouse Subs was about as average as most jobs in the beginning. Although they did seem to slack on Food Service handling safety protocol and procedures on numerous occasions but they did seem to irresponsible overall in general about the well-being of the workplace.
Pros
The employees were friendly and the food was exceptional.
Cons
Lacked proper food handling safety protocol and procedures.
great owners
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJanuary 3, 2017
the owners are really nice .they take pride in their buisnesses only problem is you can't get any hours and no benefits are offered .management are great as well i would stay but I need 40 hours a week and benefits.
Pros
meals are half off for employees and free for management
Cons
no hours or benefits
Amazing management and ownership, coworkers became a family
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Everything about the company made the workplace very upbeat and happy. My coworkers were always looking for the next job and ways to improve upon the processes at which we can improve upon our daily responsibilities.
Pros
discounted food
Easy transition job from high school to college.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2017
Firehouse Subs was very fast-paced. I quickly went from being just a cashier to a crew member. Making sandwiches and handling cash registers was easy. The least enjoyable part was closing but overall it paid well and I worked a lot.
Pros
Half off of products.
i enjoy my customers and coworkers , its fast pace but fun as well
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  forest dr columbia sc 29204October 27, 2016
i enjoying working at firehouse subs, they are very simple to understand job duties and don't over work you. the boss is a pretty funny guy, when he can be he's pretty serious in a good way to better you and the store. there really isn't any hard work involved unless you make it hard for yourself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firehouse Subs. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7