Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews in United States

Great environment, Fun , and
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 25, 2016
Working at firehouse subs is fun, and exciting. Through the years that i have been at Firehouse Subs, I have had nothing but fun and great learning experiences. As a Shift Leader it has been challenging at times but with the great leadership of fellow managers and co-workers overcoming obstacles, are no problem for the Firehouse crew and myself. Working with fellow co-workers has always been great, always lending each other a hand almost seems like you have a family connection, as if we have known each other our whole lives. The most enjoyable part of my job is going to work, and seeing our beloved customers, as well and my fellow co-workers. Overall Firehouse Subs has a great environment, and great learning experiences.
Pros
good pay, good discount
Cons
not full time, no free meal
Simple and Fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 19, 2016
Most days would be busy with the lunch rushes and dinner rushes. But overall the job was fairly simple. Take orders, make the orders, prepare daily food items, and intercept shipment coming in. I had a few good and bad co-workers here and there, but overall a nice place to start working at.
Fine Temporary Work
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 21, 2016
This is just a part time job...not too much to expect!!
I've worked there for 1 1/2 years before leaving! Pretty great crew when I left! Really good subs.
Pros
Food Discount, Being near ASU campus
Cons
Slow weekends, no matter how much notice in advance you may not get the day off! Restricted Parking
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCFebruary 16, 2016
Cleaning the dining room and restocking merchandise
Ringing up customers on cashier
Assisting with preparing food for customers

The management works as hard as they can to make sure customers and employees are well taken care of
Coworkers make the environment enjoyable and relaxed
The hardest part of the job is time management
The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving positive feedback from customers
Lots of friendly people to work with.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJuly 7, 2016
I really enjoyed working here. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The discount for food is great. The management really cares about its employees and the community. I would love to work here again if it was in a different location.
Pros
Discount on food
Prdouctive and fun workplace and atmosphere to work in.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJune 23, 2016
Awesome crew, great guest, great food. Food comes out hot and fresh within six minutes or less. Meats are cut fresh ever day, tomatoes and onions cut ever day. cookies bakes ever day. WOW like what else can you ask for from a sub shop!!!
A normal day at Firehouse Subs
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 21, 2016
A friendly environment with friendly customers. Good managers that look out for the well-being of all employees. A typical day at work would consist of doing assigned chores that are usually food prep or cleaning.
Pros
discounted lunch with free drinks
Cons
a struggle to get desired hours
typical day at work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 27, 2016
a typical day at work would include me getting to work around 7 am and start slicing the meats for the day, then finish around 11 when the store opens and thats when the day begins. Working with people and preparing their sandwiches
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no health insurance
Professional, Clean, Helpful, Understanding and sometimes a little fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 31, 2016
They helped me learn and grow in the Food Service Industry. They stood by me in my professional growth and even gave good advice with other matters. The management staff was amazing! I call a few of them friends today and can call on them still. I had a great experience with Firehouse Subs in Athens, GA. I am a better person overall for having worked there.
Pros
Excellent management team. Friendly environment.
Cons
Benefits were lacking; but that's industry wide, not just Firehouse
Mostly good.
General Employee (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 21, 2016
A typical work day wasn't that bad. There wasn't much emphasis on training new employees. Maybe they care more now. As far as customer service goes. Cant get much better than here.
Pros
Good food, semi-good hours.
Cons
Store owners really don't care about their employees
Fast paced and productive
Cashier, cook, and delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDMay 30, 2016
This job was very fast paced when it came to cooking food and delivering it to homes. But it is also very productive as well. My co- workers were a major help, everything there s well organized as far as who is responsible for what.
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMay 6, 2016
Overall its a great place to work but I'm looking for the ability to learn new things and advance in a career. I'm unable to go any further in the position I'm in. I would rather be management in another field of work.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Lack of Integrity and work ethics
Fun place and wonderful ownership
Shift leader/Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMay 16, 2016
This was a very fun place to work. The people are great, the owners are great, and the food is great. I would recommend any high school students looking for some part time work to look into Firehouse Subs.
Pros
Fun place
productive
Cashier And Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 23, 2016
Firehouse is very productive and they stand by their product. It is a great place to work and can teach others a lot. Firehouse is on the pricey side but the product customers get is worth the money spent.
Pros
Kids eat free on Sunday when customersdine in.
Place where it can be fun to work on some days
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 16, 2016
Typical day at work can be hectic depending on who i worked with. I learned alot about myself while dealing with employees and customers. My co-workers werent the most motivated individuals ive ever met but they were good people.
A great place of employment.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 11, 2016
Firehouse Subs was my second job ever while in high school and I stayed with it because I love the sandwiches, I love the family environment. My training as a shift leader and manager started here and I'm most proud of working at firehouse because this is what made me who I am today. I've learned as a manager how to read numbers, count inventory, count money and make deposits. The fact that it was a franchise that was family operated, there was not much room for growth there, therefore I had to part ways to expand my potential.
Pros
Fantastic Franchisee
Cons
No room for growth.
Fun people
Cashier/Cook/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIMarch 29, 2016
I liked my co-workers, however i was not a huge fan of our manager. There were multiple occasions where i came in to work, but was immediately sent home due to a schedule mess up. Overall, i was not enjoying myself there.
Pros
50% employee discount on food
Cons
Personal Un-happiness
productive and fun place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLMarch 23, 2016
Working at firehouse subs was fun and laid back but we all knew how to work when we had to. I've learned that being a team makes or breaks a company and working together makes everything easier. The people I worked with made the time there much more exciting.
Make Pretzles
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Angola, NYDecember 31, 2015
My first job at my youngest age so there wasn't much room for me to move up. But overall I enjoyed the job it was more or less the MANAGMENT at this location that I didn't like. Its located on a thruway which gives the opportunity for spontaneous rushes. In which sometimes I was left alone to work the store and sometimes close because the manager (Only 1 Manager) would not come in if a person called off. Not even show up late and help close. You shared the sink room with 4 other stores. So the nights you closed by yourself you close at the same time as 3 of the stores and you don't get to the sinks you are gonna be there late.
Pros
All you can eat pretzels
Cons
Terrible management
Part time work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2016
Open and closed store. Prepped food daily. Cleaned meat slicers every morning. Prepared food per online orders. Prepared catering. Worked on the line preparing sandwiches for customers in store. Attended dinning room.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firehouse Subs. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7