Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews

Positive Environment
Assistant General-Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 21, 2015
I've learned so much as a person, leader, and team player working at Firehouse Subs. I've grown as a manager over the years and still plan to grow.
Pros
Manager meals
Cons
Healthcare
Salt Lake Millcreek location needs a lot of work
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTNovember 20, 2015
This Firehouse has been poorly managed. The worst location to work at, due to complications within the franchise owner. Treats employees unfairly and takes favorites. Makes promises and doesn't follow through. At this location drugs are a big problem, with them being drug in the walk in or in the bathrooms. Yet the person that is doing the drugs is still a shift leader/manager. At this location it is not a crew effort but more of a singular person doing all the work. When new people are hired there isn't a lot of training done so a lot of mistakes are made.
Pros
If you are a shift leader, you get free sandwiches
Cons
Management needs a lot of work
good learning environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MONovember 20, 2015
Technically my "first" job. I was a cashier, and I cleaned the facility, made/wrapped cookies, and handled customers. I didn't get very good hours
Great college/high school break job
Cashier / Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VANovember 16, 2015
Learned how to work with people for many years in the food industry. Cooked, cleaned and communicated with customers on a daily basis.
Fun and productive place
Front Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Avon, INNovember 8, 2015
Overall it was slow but we were able to stay busy. The most enjoyable part go the job was seeing happy customers leaving and entering the doors of Firehouse Subs.
Pros
Free lunch, friendly people
Cons
short breaks
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 7, 2015
It was a great place to work very fast paced. However I didn't feel like there was a lot of room for advancement there. The people were great people to work with and work overall was enjoyable. The management there seemed extremely well organized as well.
Pros
Half of all employee meals on and off the clock
Irresponsible, immature managers
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVNovember 7, 2015
The first managers were promoted very quickly. Most do not know how to do more than 2 positions. Young workers, so lots of drama. After putting in a two weeks notice they fire you. Greedy owner. Not a good place to work. Don't be fooled by the $10 an hour, sometimes they don't even put team members on the schedule. (But the team members aren't fired). Terrible hours.
Pros
50% off food. free drinks
Cons
one 10 minute break for working 7 hours.
Fun place to work and is a very high energy work place
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLNovember 6, 2015
A typical day at work would be, to open the store...which includes baking cookies, pulling things out of the freezer to thaw out for night shift, making sure every thing is stocked and ready for the lunch rush. At firehouse I learned how to work with a team to accomplish a task that sometimes gets very hectic.
Pros
meet a lot of different people, learn communication
Cons
sometimes stressful, under paid
Cashier, Food maker
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNNovember 5, 2015
take orders, customer service, clean dinning room, clean bathrooms, made the food, prepped the food, detailed cleaned, served food to customers
very productive, friendly, and fast work place
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAOctober 31, 2015
i enjoyed working at Firehouse Subs..the staff was very friendly and we worked as a team always even on a busy busy day the customers stayed calm and friendly..i would come in to work make sure everything was clean and prepped before the second shift came in and in would count down my register and begin assisting my customers..anything the customers needed I was there to help
Good Job
Meat Butcher (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSOctober 30, 2015
This job was very good for me when i was in high school. It is an great way to start and begin the income of money at an young age. But it will teach you along the way.
Pros
FUN JOB
Cons
BAD MANAGER
Growing Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 30, 2015
This company has clear goals of growth. Positive work environment. Unfair pay. Provide high quality products. Clean stores. Delicious subs.
Overall the employees are excellent to work with, and the environment is nice.
Crew Member and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYOctober 25, 2015
I am the only one who does the dishes. I feel like I did not get enough training to properly teach me how to do the job correctly. But the co-workers and manager are extremely friendly.
Good place for short term employment.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCOctober 24, 2015
Great place to eat at, but work environment is hectic and frustrating at times. The location I worked at was shut down due to reasons unrelated to the business.
Firehouse Subs
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 19, 2015
The best part about working at Firehouse Subs, was eating one of their delicious subs everyday for lunch while I worked there.
Productive and fun place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Hamburg, NYOctober 18, 2015
A typical day at Firehouse Subs was to take care of the customers who came through, prepare and serve food, clean and manage store. Customer interaction is big and making sure everyone is satisfied with their meal.
Fast pace working.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAOctober 17, 2015
For the most part FireHouse Subs was a great place to work with fabulous service. It was usually pretty busy and upbeat, which worked out well because the employees' worked great together to get the job done and done correctly. The Management was not always the best, but improved over time.
Pros
Discounts on the food
Cons
Short breaks
Good for teen
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLOctober 16, 2015
Low in pay. managment seemed nice and wanted to help me advance. this is a good job for a teen in high school. it helped me gain experience in the workl world when i was younger
Okay for a first Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 9, 2015
Everyone got along with me, even when they didn't get along with the others. Sometimes there was more drama than necessary.
Easy, enjoyable work...great people
Crew (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIOctober 8, 2015
Great management at this locatiom, food is fantastic and coworkers are fun. Never a dull moment. Flexible scheduling. They like to promote from within. Good company with values that gives back to the community.
Pros
Great people, product, and company
Cons
Food service