Firehouse Subs

Firehouse Subs United States Employee Reviews

I love my job
Cashier (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 15, 2015
I love my job here at Firehouse. It's fast paced and the boss challenges you to be the best and to never settle for the basics. She encourages expansion of your education and communicates actively with the staff and management. She really goes out of her way to show she genuinely cares about her employees and customers.
It was a good work place were I made a lot of friends and learned to have a good work ethic in any job no matter what the job is.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Garland, TXMarch 15, 2015
Pros: half off lunch, friendly employees and manager was very organzed.
Cons: not enough hours per week.
I would cut and slice the deli meat and vegetables for the sandwiches for the customers. I would clean and sanitize the kitchen, dining area and restrooms. Also I operated the cash register and provided customer service to the guests in the restaurant. The hardest part of the job is dealing with more than 50 customers in a small sandwich shop and not having enough staff to help out during the lunch rush.
Great food, positive environment
Cashier, food prep (Former Employee), Southaven, MSMarch 12, 2015
Pros: discounts, reasonable hours, friendly, helping co-workers
Cons: short breaks, no benefits
A typical day at Firehouse Subs is usually busy. You are always on your feet, you get two ten minute breaks, but at the same time it is also fun because you are never bored, constantly moving, which makes time fly by, and you get to learn a lot about your customers. After lunch rush you have to clean, what they call the "line", and restock chips, bread, lettuce, etc . Then you are able to take a break. Co-workers and the manager are also positive, friendly people. The food is great, plus you get discounts.
once again the star rating system is not accepting my true rating
Team member (Former Employee), DeLand, FLMarch 12, 2015
The people are amazing, its all about the fire house way! I only left because the money really isn't anything and opportunity to advance is slim.
small, efficient working condition,bad(short) work hours
Crew Member (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 11, 2015
Pros: food discount friendly co-workers
Cons: no benefits, 30 min lunch
typical day was taking orders, fulfilling or orders, cleaning, and possibly cutting/preparing the meat. some days will feel like an eternity, and others will be a flash. just depends on how you manage your time. the work is extremely, just keep busy
Productive and fun workplace
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Florence, SCMarch 10, 2015
I come into work and submit paperwork then run an effective shift of cooperative team members. The envirnoment is enjoyable and relaxing to be apart of. The customers enjoy us and our product.There isn't anything hard about this job. In fact I love working here!
Could have been better
Team Member/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nashua, NHMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free food, great environment
Cons: poor management
Busy when first opened, learned a lot with customer service, counting the drawer.

Management sucked. They did not take any work problems seriously and disappeared throughout shifts to get high in the parking lot.

Co-workers were the best part of the experience, made a lot of new friends.

Hardest part was being so busy having a line out the door and having the kitchen line backed up.

Most enjoyable part was closing having fun with co-workers making jokes and becoming an actual team.
Busy place with insane boss.
Server (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 6, 2015
Pros: half price products, fun atmosphere
Cons: boss.
Firehouse Subs was a great job and very fun except for my boss. She was constantly firing people for the most ridiculous reasons, even if it was her fault, and couldnt keep her emotions or private life out of the workplace.
Great company, family oriented structure.
Local Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2015
Pros: opportunities for advancement, friendly coworkers, management is wonderful.
Cons: you can't keep every customer happy. with our location, there are always customers who find something wrong with how our company/location operates.
I've worked at Firehouse Subs for just over 2 years now and have enjoyed every minute of the experience. Aside from the basic skills related to the job, I have learned time management, team management, and customer complaint resolution. In addition, I have gained experience with supply chain management through observing and taking part in ordering products, maintaining knowledge about our suppliers, and finding resolutions when needed concerning product quality.

The hardest part of the job is reminding myself that while my coworkers may not be as experienced as myself, they are more than capable of handling various situations while I complete more important tasks. I enjoy working in a team environment but I do see myself as a leader and others have expressed that they look to me when unsure about something.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working directly with customers and ensuring that they are comfortable and enjoy the experience in our restaurant.
A fun place to enjoy work
Store manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, ARMarch 3, 2015
Pros: i was a paycheck, not much else
Cons: no health benefits offered even as management
Most days are busy and with that comes joy from serving a large number of customers, most of which are happy to come and support the business and leave with a friendly attitude.
Franchised Owned Location
Cashier/Service (Former Employee), OrlandoFebruary 25, 2015
I can't really comment on Firehouse Subs as a whole, but the location I worked at was awful. Management played favorites, hired people that hadn't been working as long as I had for more pay and more hours/
fun upbeat enviorment.
head shift lead (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: pleasent customers
Cons: no paid meal. lack of communication with owners
opening the store was my job every day. walk in start my morning prep and check in my orders. i did the same thing every day like clock work it had to be done by a certain time that way the store could open on time. the job was a great place to work pleanty of outgoing energetic employees, you had to be out going with a smily on your face. very face paced place to be.
Good and Bad experience with Firehouse Subs
Cashier (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 25, 2015
For the most part Firehouse Subs was ok to work at. But Hours and days on the schedule began to get cut back, there is no benefits or insurance whatsoever. And the chances of you getting promoted is slim. Nothing but family works in the restaurant so that means its gonna be a conflict of interest.
Fun experice for a first job.very easily learned
Crew Member/Crew Leader (Current Employee), Colonial Heights, VAFebruary 19, 2015
At first i was scared but the other employees taught me quickly and i became one of the best.Management was pretty cool.we rolled meat, cleaned ,wash dishes, make subs ...etc.
Enjoyed
Cashier (Former Employee), las vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2015
They we're a company u could be proud to be apart of

they always had the best staff
WE always said hi and had every customer happy no matter what.
clueless
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee), Springhill, FloridaFebruary 18, 2015
The used to run a cement business and ran his sub business the same way. He would yell at little 16 yr old girls and make me the Shift Leader stand on the sidewalk holding a sign when I'm supposed to be leading the shift. Told me he'd start me off at 9.50 and paid me minimum wage (around 7$).
Fast Pase Environment with good food, and loyal customers.
Shift Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee), Casselberry, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, no health care, low pay, no room for advancement or raises, purposefully avoids full time employment in order to pay employees less.
A typical day at work included opening the store, preparing food, counting money in the drawer, making daily deposits to the bank, and making sure that all crew members accomplish daily tasks. I learned at this job how to manage in a civilian environment as opposed to a military environment. My co-workers were hard workers, and those who weren't were weeded out pretty quickly. The hardest Part of this job was making sure co-workers arrived on time for work. The most enjoyable part of this job was the relationships I built with co-workers, Manager, Owner, as well as regular customers.
Firehouse Subs
Team Member (Current Employee), Florence, SCFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on sandwhiches
Cons: only 30 min break, no benefits
Working at firehouse is an okay job some team members are easy to get along with the manager is understandable and works with you if you have a busy schedule like me over all I will say its a good part time job but no place to make a career out of.
great enviorment with a great team of co-workers
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free lunch. authority
Cons: conflict between general manager
With being the Night Manager during the closing crew, a typical day included to provide excellent service to each customer and prepare fresh food for the next business day.
great first time job
supervisor (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free lunch, great coworkers
Cons: no healthcare, short breaks
Work started for me at 4pm sharp from Thursday-Sunday when I was in high school, I would always check labor first before I clocked in case if we didn't make as much as we should in the morning. I would clean the area by switching cutting boards and knives before making food for customers. I started with $7.75 and ended with $9.50. Management was good I got along with most of the managers and supervisors very well. I loved my co workers they knew how to get work done and have fun at the same time, as a supervisor I made It my responsibility to make all new employees feel like they have been working with us for years. The hardest part of the job was when we were short staffed and we get multiple rushes during the day because our rule was to give the customers their meal in less than 8 minutes, that wouldn't happen during a short staff. The most enjoyable part of work was being with my coworkers, I got along with them really well.

About Firehouse Subs

Four alarm hunger might drive some sandwich lovers to these restaurants. Firehouse Restaurant Group operates and franchises more – Read more

Firehouse Subs Salaries