Firehouse Subs

Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews

Shift Leader (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: Work for a good boss
Cons: Don't work as a team
I am always doing something. Weather its cleaning to making subs. I like to work in a clean environment. I always make sure that whoever comes in next has food prepped or the place is spotless. I don't like leaving unless I know everything is done. I am a team player but sometimes my other co workers don't feel the same way.
When you get to know the staff the work doesn't feel like work.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Olathe, KSMay 20, 2015
Pros: discount meals, fast-paced
Cons: little room for advancement
A job might seem daunting at first. Everyone there seems to know the system and to me the system was quite foreign. Getting over this task was the most difficult part. After a while of asking constant questions I was able to absorb some of the working techniques of regular employees and managers alike. Learned a lot about meats and vegetables, such as what competitors do differently. I enjoyed working with people who were eager to teach me.
Professional workplace
Steamer Crew (Former Employee), Brandon, FLMay 19, 2015
Management was very nice, and extremely helpful and understanding. However there was mostly friends/family/significant others working the same times and days as each other.
Great part time work
Cashier, Line Worker (Former Employee), Durango and Warm SpringsMay 18, 2015
Pros: 50% discount for lunch breaks
Working at Firehouse Subs was always fun! Everyone seemed happy and it was a great working environment. Management is also super friendly and they want to see you succeed. It is a fast paced work environment, so be prepared to work hard during lunch and dinner rushes!
Productive workplace
Line Worker (Former Employee), Littleton, COMay 18, 2015
If you are ready to make sandwiches for a living this is a pretty decent place to do that. Tons of MILFS in Highlands Ranch.
badly managed work enviroment
CASHIER (Former Employee), Midland, MIMay 17, 2015
Pros: great food
Cons: bad management
this place has relly bad managers. i quit working there in the month of december because everyone that had worked there, talked bad about eachother and the managers were really rude. i typical day at work there consitsed of refilling the ice machine, sweeping lobby, restocking the chips, doing the dishes and even taking trays from customers, asking how the food was.
Fast paced environment
Sandwich Specialist (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 17, 2015
Pros: Busy all the time
Cons: management does not stick to the schedule
This is a fast paced position with simple and fun work. I work with some great people. However, it is really far from where I currently live.
Hearty and flavorful food and great service
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 10, 2015
I love my job. The customers are great. My coworkers are great to be around. Being a part of the team has helped me grow as a person and in my work.
Restaurant industry.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 8, 2015
Work days had their challenges, but were decent overall. Just a typical part time position with very little room to grow. I, however, did learn a great deal about management and various other things while there.
Steady
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Lenoir, NCMay 5, 2015
Pros: Good food
Cons: No breaks and have to pay full price for the food
Typical day is fast paced an busy all day.
Ive learnt not everyone is always going to be happy and easy to get alone with.
The management is ok. She thinks I should treat everyone beneath me and I cant do that.
Co-Workers are awesome to work with.
Hardest is dealing with customers that has had a bad day.
Leaving is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great co-workers and cool place to work
Steamer (Former Employee), Palm Coast, FLMay 5, 2015
Everyone was cool at that store. The tasks were easy. My schedule was flexible. I enjoyed my time at the store. It was a great experience.
Very good first job
Cashier and Shift Leader (Former Employee), Maitland, FLMay 4, 2015
This job was a great first job experience. It was easy enough to catch onto quickly. The people were friendly and your were cross trained on every position which was helpful.
Fun, productive fast paced food restaurant with artistic work around the building
Cashier (Current Employee), West Columbia, SCApril 28, 2015
I have an organized schedule to get my job done from the minute i clock in to the minute i clock out. i have an excellent team that help each other out an almost everything, alot of communication and support. I've learned to enhance my communication and customer skills yet once again. Can't really recall anything hard about my job, but i do enjoy a successful day with lots of customers leaving satisfied with a smile on their face.
good company, bad location
Team Member (Former Employee), Tualatin, ORApril 22, 2015
Overall I liked the idea of the company and they had a good business model but the managers of that particular location were absolutely impossible to work with, being unreasonable, irrational and demanding. Very little training and no support.
An entry level job that helped me get started
Cashier (Former Employee), Sandy, UTApril 19, 2015
Pros: friendships
Cons: short breaks, always on your feet
A typical day of work was taxing! You had to continually be moving and do it fast! And the customer is always first. I learned how to run a cash register and how to effectivly help customers. I really liked my managers but that was probably because they liked me a lot, many of my co-workers had problems with my managers. My co-workers were my favorite part of the job! We always had a lot of fun together and we all became friends! The hardest part of the job for me was the fact that I had to be on my feet all day and so I would come home beat!
Fun work environment/poor management
Crew Member (Current Employee), Muskegon, MIApril 16, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: Poor management
Staff is very fun but the turn over rate is terrible and the management has no clue how to treat employees. I find myself doing more work than others on a daily basis, which is fine but not how things should be done.
environment
Shift lead (Former Employee), Palm Harbor, FLApril 9, 2015
It's was an Ok place to work. They always had the customers back even if they were wrong... would not go back. Pay was not enough to live off of.. and the owners I worked under were not very understanding
Great Business, poorly run
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Glenarden, MDApril 7, 2015
Pros: Work, co-workers, food
Cons: Management, poor training
The business as a whole serves great food, the store I worked at was poorly handled. Management was never on time, and most issues usually stemmed from them and their absence or issues. Co-Workers were great, job relied on team work. Hardest part was dealing with management, easiest part was actually working.
Great Place to work.
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2015
Pros: discount on lunch for team members, free for management
Cons: few to no breaks, scheduled work hours dependent on sales figures week to week.
Firehouse can be an excellent place to work for a first job, or if you have a passion for food service with a desire to advance into management.
Lackluster Management
Shift Team Member/ Leader (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 5, 2015
When I first started working here, I really enjoyed the job. My co-workers were all great and my manager was very fun to be around. After 9 months on the job, my manager was transferred to another location and new management was put in place. The new management was absolutely terrible. Almost everyone that I had begun working with had quit and I was on the borderline as well, but I decided I would give them the benefit of the doubt and give the new management a shot. Well a year went by and I'd say things definitely got worse. I was embarrassed to be considered a worker there some days because of the attitude and demeanor conveyed towards the customers. I don't plan on working in fast food ever again because of this experience.

About Firehouse Subs

Four alarm hunger might drive some sandwich lovers to these restaurants. Firehouse Restaurant Group operates and franchises more – Read more

Firehouse Subs Salaries