Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews

quiet dining
crew (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 7, 2015
they have great food and nice customers but bad management.also each day i prep meats for daily usage and then cleaned up after lunch rush.
Pros
enjoyed talking with customers
Cons
bad management
Overall fun and good place to work at
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MIOctober 4, 2015
Firehouse is an enjoyable job that offers good work. Never a typical day, always interesting. Co-workers are fun and always enjoyable to be around. Nothing is overall difficult, but there is always work to be done.
Easy, fun workplace!
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAOctober 2, 2015
Firehouse is a great environment to eat and work. Staff makes sure your eating experience is one to remember. Firehouse offers a kids eat free night on Tuesday nights. The food is amazing and the atmosphere of being a fireman pleases kids.
Pros
Discount, kids eat free night, new coke machine, free firehats for kids
Coworkers were amazing
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCSeptember 30, 2015
I loved working for Firehouse subs, my coworkers were some of the best people I ever worked with. They worked with my schedule during school.
productive and fun work place
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2015
productive
fun work place
decent pay scale
no health care
flexible schedule
good communication from management
great learning environment for advancement
decent hours of work available
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no healthcare
Fun energetic place to work
Sub Maker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 29, 2015
Friendly managers that helped grow with the company. When I started working there it was the first time they opened, we spent a couple days getting everything put together, like how to make each sub and how to work all the equipment. The opening day they gave every worker tickets and we were told to invite our friends and family for a free sub, donations were accepted, but the subs were free. I recommend this comapany.
Pros
Friendly, caring and passionate
Excellent company with great employee and customer interaction
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNSeptember 28, 2015
A management position with this company is very active. Dealing with employees, customers and day to day running of a restaurant is non-stop. The work day never ends and will take a lot from your personal time. Six days a week with an average of 45 hours a week and possible additional hours.
This is a great job for those that are active and very head first into their career.
Pros
Great relationships with employees and customers
Cons
Non-stop activity and unpredictable work hours
Entry level
Team Member/Slicer (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VASeptember 28, 2015
Good management, not much room to grow. Good atmosphere among the team. Young team, new opening so everybody was learning.
Pros
Discounted sandwiches
Social environment with flexible people
General Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 23, 2015
The hardest part of the job would be the cashier station when it came to putting online orders into the computer to be printed out later.
Pros
easy going people, nice customers, friendly space
Cons
not a lot of benefits
A casual but invested environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 23, 2015
At first, the idea of making sandwiches seemed monotonous, but as my commitment grew with the company I became invested in the well being of the store. Everyone had their roles and those roles had to be played diligently to guarantee a successful shift. The hardest part of the job was handling employees that didn't share the same drive and often picking up slack. It taught me a lot about patience and how to motivate people to work with a vehement attitude in a job that could seem unrewarding.
Pros
Offered many hours, there was little to no idle time, a lot of opportunities to move up
Cons
High-stress, Unorganized management, low pay
productive
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2015
its a great food place the people are nice a typical day is busy but the owner of the store is strict and get on you about alot and the owner will also do your job if you are not fast enough
Pros
free drink cups for staff
Cons
how hot the store gets
Horrible Place !! Do not work here!! I repeat do not work here
Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYSeptember 1, 2015
The manager or "boss" of the establishment I was employed at was such a coward and tool. One of my friends hated her old job so I suggested that she go here and we kind of worked here together for awhile, which was bliss during training, until they were rude nasty, and didn't even give us hours... they told me I didn't smile alot and "looked I gave attitude and didn't want to be here..." HELLO! This is my face ppl!! If i didnt want to be there i wouldnt have. 30 min breaks but felt like 10 and was cut to 10 because they didnt want us to "wander" no they just didnt want to be given all the hard work while stand and slave away on hot stoves cooking and take a 4-minute breather!! Ughh my brother once came to give me a ride home from work and literally told us we looked like slaves mopping, cleaning. Not worth the 8.75 if u ask me...
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
No free lunch, horrible bosses, bad mamagement, not enough pay, bad hours, really hot and uncomfortable conditions, dont go here
High energy environment to work in.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 31, 2015
Very friendly customers. Management could have used more training but overall the company was enjoyable to work in. My co-workers were trained sufficiently within a week on all tasks so that work could be divided evenly.
Pros
Discounted lunches.
Cons
No medical insurance or benefits offered.
productive and fun place to work
manager (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 30, 2015
Fun to work and easy to grow in the company. Working hard will easily get you noticed. small company but great workplace. easy to get along with everyone and costumers are always happy and excited especially the regulars.
Pros
discount on subs. free drinks
Cons
no breaks no healthcare
Terrible Management
Sub Maker (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXAugust 27, 2015
Unprofessional. There is no quality of life working there because they treat their employees inhumanely. The benefits did not outweigh the every day abuse working at this location.
Great company, Great people
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCAugust 26, 2015
Great Company years ago. Today I have found that they are selling franchises to people who don't have the "it" factor it takes to be successful in this business.

I still love the company and one day I will be a franchisee.
Great Start
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 26, 2015
High school student would enjoy this minimum wage job with high energy and gain experience at the same time. You have to start somehwere, The food is great the people are great.
Decent place to work.
team leader (Former Employee) –  greenvilleAugust 26, 2015
Enjoyed my time with the company but there is little encouragement to move up the ladder. After you attain a certain position there is no benefit for the owners to promote you. Enjoyed the diversity and all the new crew members and customers I had the privilege of meeting.
Pros
Work in an enjoyable environment
Cons
always getting called in to cover a shift
Overall ok place to start
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 25, 2015
Firehouse Subs is a family oriented company. It is a good place to start building customer service skills. A great place to advance in stages.
Pros
Great first start opportunity
Cons
Overtime work but no overtime pay
Too much work for not enough money
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 23, 2015
The culture of the business is good. The management is okay it was hard to get off days. If you have no where else to work I would work there.