Firehouse Subs

Firehouse Subs United States Employee Reviews

Fast Pase Environment with good food, and loyal customers.
Shift Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee), Casselberry, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, no health care, low pay, no room for advancement or raises, purposefully avoids full time employment in order to pay employees less.
A typical day at work included opening the store, preparing food, counting money in the drawer, making daily deposits to the bank, and making sure that all crew members accomplish daily tasks. I learned at this job how to manage in a civilian environment as opposed to a military environment. My co-workers were hard workers, and those who weren't were weeded out pretty quickly. The hardest Part of this job was making sure co-workers arrived on time for work. The most enjoyable part of this job was the relationships I built with co-workers, Manager, Owner, as well as regular customers.
Firehouse Subs
Team Member (Current Employee), Florence, SCFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on sandwhiches
Cons: only 30 min break, no benefits
Working at firehouse is an okay job some team members are easy to get along with the manager is understandable and works with you if you have a busy schedule like me over all I will say its a good part time job but no place to make a career out of.
great enviorment with a great team of co-workers
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free lunch. authority
Cons: conflict between general manager
With being the Night Manager during the closing crew, a typical day included to provide excellent service to each customer and prepare fresh food for the next business day.
great first time job
supervisor (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free lunch, great coworkers
Cons: no healthcare, short breaks
Work started for me at 4pm sharp from Thursday-Sunday when I was in high school, I would always check labor first before I clocked in case if we didn't make as much as we should in the morning. I would clean the area by switching cutting boards and knives before making food for customers. I started with $7.75 and ended with $9.50. Management was good I got along with most of the managers and supervisors very well. I loved my co workers they knew how to get work done and have fun at the same time, as a supervisor I made It my responsibility to make all new employees feel like they have been working with us for years. The hardest part of the job was when we were short staffed and we get multiple rushes during the day because our rule was to give the customers their meal in less than 8 minutes, that wouldn't happen during a short staff. The most enjoyable part of work was being with my coworkers, I got along with them really well.
Nice place to work.
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, bad managment
Firehouse Subs is a fun place to work. It gets stressful at times, because of rushes, but its nice. Everyone there is really nice too! Only thing that I didnt like was that it was minimum wage & it didnt fit my lifestyle.
Horrible place to work;
Crew Member (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYFebruary 4, 2015
probably some of the most sneaky people I've met in all of years ( from the owners, to the managers hired by them).
unless you want to be tattled on all of the time like a bunch of second graders, I wouldn't work here.
Great first job
Cashier/Dining Room Attendant/Cook (Current Employee), Saint Charles, MOFebruary 4, 2015
This was my first job. The owner is really nice but the managers tend to be cranky. I like most of my coworkers also. The place gets pretty busy and we tend to be short-handed.
I enjoyed everyone I worked with
Manager (Former Employee), Athens, GAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: always a open opportunity to get into management
Cons: absolutely no perks for becoming into management.
All hourly employees were great to work with. The owner of the restaurant is not a people person and not friendly at all. Always put down his management team and called them stupid or better yet "incompetent" was his favorite word. Overall if you can look past that rude, hateful, sexist, arrogant man you have a great job.
it was a good job
Crew Member (Former Employee), st. george, utahJanuary 30, 2015
i would come to work, and usually start out and clean all the dishes first, and then go out on the floor and make sandwiches, and i would give customer service, and i would clean the steamers at the end of the night and after everything was clean we were allowed to go home at 9. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with my coworkers. the management was good, our manager trusted us enough to get everything done.
Fast paced work enviornment
MANAGER/SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee), Tucker, GAJanuary 30, 2015
This is a fun place to work for anyone in school or just wanting some part time income. The customers make this place what it is.
Productive work environment, Fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Lafayette, COJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: 50% off of a lunch.
Cons: i do not get paid enough for all the work that is present, for it is a new business, and the franchisee can not afford the raise.
A typical day at work for me. when come 10-15 minutes early to set my Daily station plan, i look at who works with me, and place the employees were they are best fitted, or if training is need i oversee the station. I make sure everyone just there job correctly according to regulations. We have a crumb free environment, so i make sure we are cleaning has we go through our rushes. I oversee the prep that we need to have done for the morning crew. At the end of the night i go through a checklist of what needs to be done and has we complete a task myself and the employee that completed the task sign off, confirming that it is done. I also count down our cash registers, confirming that they are on point, and recorded. Then i set the deposit make sure all cash is present. Has we leave i make sure the alarm is set.
My most enjoyable part of the day is when, the crew and myself are creating a fun and productive work environment, which is present all days.
The hardest part is getting the day started and creating the fun environment itself in which we has the crew can enjoy for the rest of the night. When some people let their personal lives affect their work, i provide a pep talk and help them out of the troubles of their personal life, and get them ready for a great day at work.
fast pace environment with delicious subs
crew member (Former Employee), Ponte Vedra Beach, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: efficient, work hard, serious, organized, timely manner
Cons: stressful, fast pace
Firehouse Subs has give me the opportunity to learn to be fast pace and effective. They are very serious about their work and customer satisfaction! I was apart of the crew member, i was in charge of the steamer section. We had to be very vigilant and on our toes all the time,due to their were so many customers in line. timing is everything there and i learn to manage my timing thanks to Firehouse Subs.
Wonderful learning experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Stafford, VAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: wonderful crew, free lunches, clean restaurant
Cons: no health benefits
During my time with Firehouse Subs, I learned many things about what it takes to run a business and how to properly communicate with employees. I am entrusted with a set of keys to the store, as well as opening procedures, management of employees, produce shipment, and customer service. The most enjoyable part of my job was the daily interaction with customers and getting to provide them with assistance in a fantastic day. As an Assistant Manager I was afforded great learning opportunities in all areas of the business and take pride in my abilities in customer service. I enjoy keeping everyone motivated to do their best and stay on task.
Upbeat atmosphere
Cashier/Line Cook (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 13, 2015
Firehouse Subs is an excellent place to be employed.
An average day at firehouse subs is pretty upbeat , and around lunch hours can get really busy. Morning shift include food prep , cleaning dinning area , and getting catering ready for the day. Closing shift are mostly slow depending on which location. Wednesdays and Sundays are typically the busiest considering kids eat free.
Exciting and fast paced work environment
Team Member (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 10, 2015
Firehouse Subs is an exciting place to work. The other employers are enjoyable to be around.
A day I will always remember
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Kingsland, GAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: discount on food, good pay rate
Cons: shortbreaks
It was the second day of training and I was very excited because it was Firehouse Subs grand opening. That was the day everyone got to experience the feel of working in the environment. I learned that it was very fast pace,fun,up beat, and a place where that would make you feel like family. Co-workers were very kind and helpful too. The hardest part of the job is being quick on your feet and very alert. Orders are coming quick so memory and knowing the menu plays a very important part. I enjoyed working there and best part of all was seeing the smile of a customers face knowing that the team and I did our part.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Stockbridge, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Atypical day at work consisted of coming in bright and early and starting food prep such as, chopping lettuce, tomatoes, onions, etc. Then taking orders and/or filling orders and making sandwiches.Most enjoyable part of this job was the people were so great.
Its a Good part time job
Team Member (Current Employee), High Point, NCDecember 25, 2014
I have enjoyed my time at firehouse my fellow employees are great, and the management fairly divides the work time for the times that you are available.
low salary company
Associate (Current Employee), PRDecember 24, 2014
Pros: some free food
Cons: short breaks, benefits
No full time for employees, No raise salary. Productivity plus fun job. Good teamwork, Good management. The hardest is when we have a heavy line, but its entertaining and keeps you busy.
I really enjoy to work with our customers. The products have quality.
Good First Job Experience
Crew Member (Current Employee), Brandon, FLDecember 23, 2014
Firehouse Subs is a good first experience. It helped me with customer service, dealing with different personalities and learning job details. My management is very helpful in assisting me in developing my work ethics. I enjoy working with people.

About Firehouse Subs

Four alarm hunger might drive some sandwich lovers to these restaurants. Firehouse Restaurant Group operates and franchises more – Read more

Firehouse Subs Salaries