Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews

Understanding boss and just what you would expect working at a sub shop.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 11, 2015
It is a good temporary job with an easy work load. Management was very understanding and treated you more as a family member than just an employee.
A Job is a Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Easy Work
Cons: Poor Management, Favoritism
If you're just looking for a place to work and make money Firehouse subs is the place to go. It was easy job. Just taking orders and cleaning your area, however, it wasn't interesting and became boring.
Great management
Crew Member (PT) (Former Employee), Sandy, UTJune 8, 2015
Great management, very willing to help you out. Great food, friendly customers and great coworkers. Learned how to interact with customers better
Productive and really friendly people.
Cashier (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CAJune 8, 2015
I like how it explains every detail in their foods , care about their customers and very fun environment. I learned how to communicate better , and also helped me be more professional.
Firehouse Summary Review
General Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 8, 2015
Pros: Good Staff, Free Meal Daily, Great Environment
Cons: Short Breaks, Tough Atmosphere
The management was strict, but fair. Staff were hard workers and dedicated to the firehouse way. I learned about consumerism and how to strive being a Team Leader in more than one way.
management
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 8, 2015
Pros: Getting the free sandwiches
A typical day at work was fun and easy, the management team are very considerate, nice and fun to work with. I learned how Firehouse make there subs and homemade sauces, I learned how to order their products and how the foundation works and what Firehouse stands for. my co-workers were easy to get along with we worked as a team and got the job done. The hardest part about my job was leaving. I enjoyed the customers my team and my line of work.
Easy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Decatur, ALJune 8, 2015
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: The GM was rude.
Started working at fiehouse almost 5 years ago it was my first job. they were good at getting me the days off i needed. the boss was very rude but i needed the job soooo...
Easy going and laid back environment
Catering Manager (Current Employee), Cypress, TXJune 7, 2015
I made my own schedule
Learned many ways to communicated to various businesses
I spent the day out in the "field" promoting the catering side of our business
Firehouse Subs=Great Company, Franchisee not so much
General Manager (Current Employee), Madison, WIJune 4, 2015
Firehouse Subs is great but watch out who the franchisee is and what their values are. I had to work way too many hours for not enough pay.
Great Work Place
Team Member (Former Employee), NapervilleJune 4, 2015
I enjoyed working at firehouse because my boss was great and the job was very easy and enjoyable. The work place was always clean and kept up. The hardest part of the job was preping food because if you don't finish then you fall behind in work.
Friendly
Team Member (Paid) (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAJune 1, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: distance to work
While working at Firehouse Subs, I had a good time and got to experience working for a busy well known franchise. While having worked for a small business, the intensity of work at a lunch rush of a big franchise taught me to be quick on my feet and be very good at communicating with a vast amount of customers.
it was a hardworking job overall but i did gain a lot of experience.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Searcy, ARMay 29, 2015
Pros: half off of lunch and free lunchs occasionally
Cons: not all the employees were very helpful
the job was defiantly not easy. I walked a ton and the other employees weren't very helpful. I had a great boss but when he wasn't around, the others would take advantage of that. it wasn't a very good environment for me because it was all basically guys who didn't act very mature to say the least. but I did enjoy the people that came in and loved talking to them.
Good for part-time workers. Flexible hours.
Cook/Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours.
Cons: low pay
Easy mornings, busy lunch ours, easy close.
Management is often working along side you and helpful in tasking.
Co-workers will work as a team to complete orders in a timely manner.
Hardest part is trying not to cut or burn yourself on some of the equipment.
Most enjoyable part is working with co-workers and having discounts on some of the food.
Typical work place
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMay 27, 2015
fast pace with little training. Must ask a lot of questions to learn what you need to. the customers are wonderfull and the work is simplistic
The managers are ok but dont know what there doing.
Team Member (Current Employee), San Tan Valley, AZMay 25, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: they suck at everything
the manager would constantly make fun of you for no reason, the hours are bad and they just hired a lot more workers so i get on day a week.(1/10) HORRIBLE
Okay job overall
Supervisor (Current Employee), St.Louis, MOMay 24, 2015
The job was okay a first, they lack giving hours, hard to get a raise after you have made so much. Been here for 2 years and theytold me boldly they cant afford to give me another raise.
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: Work for a good boss
Cons: Don't work as a team
I am always doing something. Weather its cleaning to making subs. I like to work in a clean environment. I always make sure that whoever comes in next has food prepped or the place is spotless. I don't like leaving unless I know everything is done. I am a team player but sometimes my other co workers don't feel the same way.
When you get to know the staff the work doesn't feel like work.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Olathe, KSMay 20, 2015
Pros: discount meals, fast-paced
Cons: little room for advancement
A job might seem daunting at first. Everyone there seems to know the system and to me the system was quite foreign. Getting over this task was the most difficult part. After a while of asking constant questions I was able to absorb some of the working techniques of regular employees and managers alike. Learned a lot about meats and vegetables, such as what competitors do differently. I enjoyed working with people who were eager to teach me.
Professional workplace
Steamer Crew (Former Employee), Brandon, FLMay 19, 2015
Management was very nice, and extremely helpful and understanding. However there was mostly friends/family/significant others working the same times and days as each other.
Great part time work
Cashier, Line Worker (Former Employee), Durango and Warm SpringsMay 18, 2015
Pros: 50% discount for lunch breaks
Working at Firehouse Subs was always fun! Everyone seemed happy and it was a great working environment. Management is also super friendly and they want to see you succeed. It is a fast paced work environment, so be prepared to work hard during lunch and dinner rushes!