Firehouse Subs

Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews

Busy place with insane boss.
Server (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 6, 2015
Pros: half price products, fun atmosphere
Cons: boss.
Firehouse Subs was a great job and very fun except for my boss. She was constantly firing people for the most ridiculous reasons, even if it was her fault, and couldnt keep her emotions or private life out of the workplace.
Great company, family oriented structure.
Local Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2015
Pros: opportunities for advancement, friendly coworkers, management is wonderful.
Cons: you can't keep every customer happy. with our location, there are always customers who find something wrong with how our company/location operates.
I've worked at Firehouse Subs for just over 2 years now and have enjoyed every minute of the experience. Aside from the basic skills related to the job, I have learned time management, team management, and customer complaint resolution. In addition, I have gained experience with supply chain management through observing and taking part in ordering products, maintaining knowledge about our suppliers, and finding resolutions when needed concerning product quality.

The hardest part of the job is reminding myself that while my coworkers may not be as experienced as myself, they are more than capable of handling various situations while I complete more important tasks. I enjoy working in a team environment but I do see myself as a leader and others have expressed that they look to me when unsure about something.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working directly with customers and ensuring that they are comfortable and enjoy the experience in our restaurant.
A fun place to enjoy work
Store manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, ARMarch 3, 2015
Pros: i was a paycheck, not much else
Cons: no health benefits offered even as management
Most days are busy and with that comes joy from serving a large number of customers, most of which are happy to come and support the business and leave with a friendly attitude.
Franchised Owned Location
Cashier/Service (Former Employee), OrlandoFebruary 25, 2015
I can't really comment on Firehouse Subs as a whole, but the location I worked at was awful. Management played favorites, hired people that hadn't been working as long as I had for more pay and more hours/
fun upbeat enviorment.
head shift lead (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: pleasent customers
Cons: no paid meal. lack of communication with owners
opening the store was my job every day. walk in start my morning prep and check in my orders. i did the same thing every day like clock work it had to be done by a certain time that way the store could open on time. the job was a great place to work pleanty of outgoing energetic employees, you had to be out going with a smily on your face. very face paced place to be.
Good and Bad experience with Firehouse Subs
Cashier (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 25, 2015
For the most part Firehouse Subs was ok to work at. But Hours and days on the schedule began to get cut back, there is no benefits or insurance whatsoever. And the chances of you getting promoted is slim. Nothing but family works in the restaurant so that means its gonna be a conflict of interest.
Fun experice for a first job.very easily learned
Crew Member/Crew Leader (Current Employee), Colonial Heights, VAFebruary 19, 2015
At first i was scared but the other employees taught me quickly and i became one of the best.Management was pretty cool.we rolled meat, cleaned ,wash dishes, make subs ...etc.
Enjoyed
Cashier (Former Employee), las vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2015
They we're a company u could be proud to be apart of

they always had the best staff
WE always said hi and had every customer happy no matter what.
clueless
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee), Springhill, FloridaFebruary 18, 2015
The used to run a cement business and ran his sub business the same way. He would yell at little 16 yr old girls and make me the Shift Leader stand on the sidewalk holding a sign when I'm supposed to be leading the shift. Told me he'd start me off at 9.50 and paid me minimum wage (around 7$).
Fast Pase Environment with good food, and loyal customers.
Shift Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee), Casselberry, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, no health care, low pay, no room for advancement or raises, purposefully avoids full time employment in order to pay employees less.
A typical day at work included opening the store, preparing food, counting money in the drawer, making daily deposits to the bank, and making sure that all crew members accomplish daily tasks. I learned at this job how to manage in a civilian environment as opposed to a military environment. My co-workers were hard workers, and those who weren't were weeded out pretty quickly. The hardest Part of this job was making sure co-workers arrived on time for work. The most enjoyable part of this job was the relationships I built with co-workers, Manager, Owner, as well as regular customers.
Firehouse Subs
Team Member (Current Employee), Florence, SCFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on sandwhiches
Cons: only 30 min break, no benefits
Working at firehouse is an okay job some team members are easy to get along with the manager is understandable and works with you if you have a busy schedule like me over all I will say its a good part time job but no place to make a career out of.
great enviorment with a great team of co-workers
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free lunch. authority
Cons: conflict between general manager
With being the Night Manager during the closing crew, a typical day included to provide excellent service to each customer and prepare fresh food for the next business day.
great first time job
supervisor (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free lunch, great coworkers
Cons: no healthcare, short breaks
Work started for me at 4pm sharp from Thursday-Sunday when I was in high school, I would always check labor first before I clocked in case if we didn't make as much as we should in the morning. I would clean the area by switching cutting boards and knives before making food for customers. I started with $7.75 and ended with $9.50. Management was good I got along with most of the managers and supervisors very well. I loved my co workers they knew how to get work done and have fun at the same time, as a supervisor I made It my responsibility to make all new employees feel like they have been working with us for years. The hardest part of the job was when we were short staffed and we get multiple rushes during the day because our rule was to give the customers their meal in less than 8 minutes, that wouldn't happen during a short staff. The most enjoyable part of work was being with my coworkers, I got along with them really well.
Nice place to work.
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, bad managment
Firehouse Subs is a fun place to work. It gets stressful at times, because of rushes, but its nice. Everyone there is really nice too! Only thing that I didnt like was that it was minimum wage & it didnt fit my lifestyle.
Horrible place to work;
Crew Member (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYFebruary 4, 2015
probably some of the most sneaky people I've met in all of years ( from the owners, to the managers hired by them).
unless you want to be tattled on all of the time like a bunch of second graders, I wouldn't work here.
Great first job
Cashier/Dining Room Attendant/Cook (Current Employee), Saint Charles, MOFebruary 4, 2015
This was my first job. The owner is really nice but the managers tend to be cranky. I like most of my coworkers also. The place gets pretty busy and we tend to be short-handed.
I enjoyed everyone I worked with
Manager (Former Employee), Athens, GAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: always a open opportunity to get into management
Cons: absolutely no perks for becoming into management.
All hourly employees were great to work with. The owner of the restaurant is not a people person and not friendly at all. Always put down his management team and called them stupid or better yet "incompetent" was his favorite word. Overall if you can look past that rude, hateful, sexist, arrogant man you have a great job.
it was a good job
Crew Member (Former Employee), st. george, utahJanuary 30, 2015
i would come to work, and usually start out and clean all the dishes first, and then go out on the floor and make sandwiches, and i would give customer service, and i would clean the steamers at the end of the night and after everything was clean we were allowed to go home at 9. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with my coworkers. the management was good, our manager trusted us enough to get everything done.
Fast paced work enviornment
MANAGER/SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee), Tucker, GAJanuary 30, 2015
This is a fun place to work for anyone in school or just wanting some part time income. The customers make this place what it is.
Productive work environment, Fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Lafayette, COJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: 50% off of a lunch.
Cons: i do not get paid enough for all the work that is present, for it is a new business, and the franchisee can not afford the raise.
A typical day at work for me. when come 10-15 minutes early to set my Daily station plan, i look at who works with me, and place the employees were they are best fitted, or if training is need i oversee the station. I make sure everyone just there job correctly according to regulations. We have a crumb free environment, so i make sure we are cleaning has we go through our rushes. I oversee the prep that we need to have done for the morning crew. At the end of the night i go through a checklist of what needs to be done and has we complete a task myself and the employee that completed the task sign off, confirming that it is done. I also count down our cash registers, confirming that they are on point, and recorded. Then i set the deposit make sure all cash is present. Has we leave i make sure the alarm is set.
My most enjoyable part of the day is when, the crew and myself are creating a fun and productive work environment, which is present all days.
The hardest part is getting the day started and creating the fun environment itself in which we has the crew can enjoy for the rest of the night. When some people let their personal lives affect their work, i provide a pep talk and help them out of the troubles of their personal life, and get them ready for a great day at work.

About Firehouse Subs

Four alarm hunger might drive some sandwich lovers to these restaurants. Firehouse Restaurant Group operates and franchises more – Read more

Firehouse Subs Salaries