Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews

Firehouse
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCNovember 5, 2016
I typical day at firehouse is typical slow , what I have learned is the customers and what they like and how they like it, the management is a disappointment not well managed, co workers are for the most parent lazy, do not want to work, or just all around slow, the hardest part of the job is the management of the manager trying to comply with everything and not knowing what to do when it is not understood , the hypocrisy of the management, lack of stability, the stress,picking up other peoples slack, the enjoyable part when it is slow and stays so slow
Pros
Slowness of the business
Cons
Slacks, Managements, Activity
Was not the best working environment. Least favorite establishment I worked at
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Villa Park, ILSeptember 22, 2016
My responsibilities were to make sure the shelves in the grocery isle looked appealing to customers. That meant making sure all items were pulled forwards and facing label first. I also tended to customers if they had any questions. This job taught me my limits of what I can and cannot do as it was my very first job. Management was terrible and did not seem to care about their employees. My co-workers minded their own business and I did not really socialize with them much if at all. The hardest part of the job was doing the best I could and still not being up to the store's standards, despite only being 17 and still in school. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was within walking distance to my house so it saved on gas money.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
poor management
Productive and exciting place to work
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 7, 2017
While the time i had working for Firehouse subs it was like a family environment, the people are here working are very supportive and after all its a family run business. If given the opertunity to work here again i would do it again! There really isnt anything really hard to the job everything is pretty simple, the management is easy to work with and ownership is very nice.
Pros
half priced meals
Cons
30min lunches
fun working environment
Cashier/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Buckeye, AZJanuary 19, 2017
*making good food and providing good customer service

*you learn a lot about customer service and how much the food service does for their customers

*management is there to help you with questions and getting work done when busy

*you'll meet a lot of new people and it is fun learning all the things they have to offer

*when it gets busy you have no time for a break you have to go go go

*it's fun making the food and helping the customers leave with a smile on their face
One of my favorite jobs
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 9, 2016
I loved this job so much, it was fun and easy, but the management staff was so unbearable. It was run by a middle eastern woman who would go to extravagant lengths in the workplace, for instance chasing customers who are leaving for not buying anything. She also wouldn't hire woman because she didn't think they could get the same amount of work done. I left because of the radical way she ran her business. I loved the job and the people.
Pros
Hour breaks, 50% discount, great clientele
Cons
Poor management
Fun work place
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 12, 2017
This was a great place to work. My co workers were all amazing and made the average day have great vibes. Although the management was weak in some areas such as organization, I never minded going to work because I knew it felt more like hanging out with friends and having a good laugh than working. Definitely some physical labor required for closing the store at night, but nothing too extreme.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
not enough breaks
Professional, Clean, Helpful, Understanding and sometimes a little fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 31, 2016
They helped me learn and grow in the Food Service Industry. They stood by me in my professional growth and even gave good advice with other matters. The management staff was amazing! I call a few of them friends today and can call on them still. I had a great experience with Firehouse Subs in Athens, GA. I am a better person overall for having worked there.
Pros
Excellent management team. Friendly environment.
Cons
Benefits were lacking; but that's industry wide, not just Firehouse
easy job, clean, and constant.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CO 80124January 18, 2017
I was just a line member while in high school. it was my first job. I would show up and be assigned a spot on the line, and then look a sheet we had in the front for my assigned tasks for the shift. When we weren't busy I would get my tasks done, which were usually food prep, like baking cookies and brownies, stalking chips. Or cleaning. Then when customers walked we loudly greeted them, and got to our spots on the line to do our job. I learned some customer service, and a lot about food prep and keeping it sanitary and clean. My CO-Workers were all great, there would be some drama but that's what comes when you hire kids so it didn't bug me, and I kept a lot myself but I know that sometimes all the co-workers would plan a fun night of bowling or something together, I just never went. The hardest part was, hearing each other and customers when it got busy. The most enjoyable part would be the fact that it was easy, you usually get what you ask for, and it was just a simple job as long as you do what is asked of you.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
short hours (not always though)
Awful experience
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 13, 2017
Was a great place when I orginally started, but constant changes in management and overall poor attitude of "owner" made it an awful place to work. Bread sometimes had mold on it, store falling apart and owner refuses to fix even at the risk to employees. Ask to use your own car to do deliveries but offered no insurance, so if you get in an accident you're on your own!
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Awful pay, terrible management
Great company to work for if you are dedicated and team oriented
Assistant Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 22, 2017
Store I worked in was well managed.Sales volume was high which made the job stressful at times. Managers made sure to always have enough product on hand and put customers first. Only issue I had was upper managements expectation that Firehouse should come first then family. I noticed that managers were overworked and tired.
productive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 29, 2016
alot of place for advancement learned alot loved the customers met new people and friends in a new area was management alot of learning and place to advance
No it was not a fun work place just easy
Fast Food (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2017
It was a easy job the management was just horrible , & he was cutting alot of people hours & showing favoritism . But other then that it was a easy job.
Pros
No free lunch we had to pay
Cons
We had 30 min breaks
Very unfortunate experience for me
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXFebruary 2, 2017
Management and crew were unprofessional and poorly trained. I was under paid and over looked for my abilities. I was made promises if i stayed and worked and those were never seen through. I eventually ended up quitting.
Pros
There were literally no pros to working there if your not a high school student.
Cons
no breaks, no health care, under paid, unprofessional.
Faced-paced and fun environment to work in
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 9, 2016
I enjoy working at Firehouse Subs when I am on Winter, Spring, and Summer break from school. The environment is fast-paced and upbeat. Interacting with the customers is always a pleasant experience. Management has always been wiling to work with my schedule and co-workers are outgoing and positive-minded individuals. The hardest part of the job is dealing with co-workers who like to create drama. However, I have enjoyed working with my fellow employees for the most part and take pride in continuously raising money for my town's local first responders.
Stressful work environment, we usually had to work longer because my boss wouldn't hire anyone
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GAJanuary 25, 2017
It was OK working there at the begining, but the management was really out of control and one of them was really bad. They all confided together and did whatever they wanted and made the cashiers and steamers do everything they didn't want to do.
Pros
We got 50% off on some stuff
Cons
No breaks
Loved the people I worked with but this job does not pay
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAJanuary 20, 2017
A manager should make more than 8.25. The GM was only getting paid 9.75. Easy job fast pace job but they pay job. Good for a short term part time job I would not work here long term.
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay is not good
Productive, Fast pace environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNNovember 7, 2016
This store is a very fast pace environment. It is busy for lunch most days, and is busy for dinner on some days. If you're okay with being on your feet for long hours this is the job for you.
Good Food, But Drama Floats Around
Team Memebr (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCFebruary 3, 2017
Food is made well however, between co-workers drama awaits. They talk bad behind each others back and try to get each other in trouble. just recently one of the shift managers got fired.in a way they was not professional at all.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
Drama
Fine place to work but management is not fair
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 3, 2017
Typical day at work was clock in do work ask if there was more work for you to do before your shift ended and then clock out.

Management was not fair in hours or discipline
Pros
Half price food when you worked
Cons
Only got discount on days you worked
Customer service
Cashier, line, prep, floater (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAFebruary 9, 2017
Very great with trading and with helping me in customer service and cash handling. Teached me how to be fast paced in a fast food sand which environment. Helped me with my communication skills to better comunnitcate with do workers and customers.
Pros
Free kids meal
Cons
Attitude, management, better opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firehouse Subs. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7