Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews in United States

I loved my coworkers and the sandwiches were great
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Lonetree, COFebruary 22, 2016
The quality of the food was great, and it was fun having a lot of customers, it was difficult when we didn't have enough people working, but we still pushed through and felt like champs when we got out of work that night.
Pros
Discounts on sandwiches and free drinks.
productive work place, friendly staff
Customer Service Worker/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 16, 2016
Very good food, fresh and clean. co-workers are very friendly and helpful. Management helps you understand and learn anything that you might be confused about
Food service management
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 28, 2016
My experience at Firehouse taught me how to delegate tasks and communicate effectively with customers and vendors. The most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with my fellow employees and regular customers.
Firehouse Subs
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 9, 2016
Overall, my experiences here at this location were very sub-par. Management was very unorganized and unprofessional. In my opinion management did not care for their employees.
Pros
50% off of lunch
Cons
this location was very unstaffed
good place to get food
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 11, 2016
The job was cool and easy going. The few problems that I did have were of a management issue more than a company issue. Working for Firehouse subs taught me a lot about sandwiches and how to make great ones.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bishopville, SCMay 13, 2016
Zaxby's is a warm workplace who focuses on satisfying the customers and keeping the upkeep of the facility, There has been many positive reviews about Zaxby's because the food is fresh and made at a decent pace.
Good Management
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 13, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of taking customers orders and assisting them with menu items. My co-workers were all very helpful with teaching me the daily routines of the work place.
not even worth is bro!
Hourly employee/ shift leader (Former Employee) –  Berkley, MIJune 13, 2016
this is a sh-!t job. the owner is terrible the management is sh-!t. the stress has and can cause miscarriage. I've see it happen to 2 co-workers.

you don't even get free food!
Poor taste in my mouth
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDFebruary 1, 2016
The store and business of Firehouse Subs is great, but the management at my store was of the lowest quality, store would open late to save money, employees were hired and then only worked 3 days out of the month to save money, on the job was chaotic and un-productive.
A good side job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2016
Extremely busy work environment very upbeat and fun. Not all locations are the same with the volume of customers. Hands down the best place to get a sub.!
Pros
50% off a sub and chips only on days that you work
Cons
No Advancements
Fun Place, Terrible Pay
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 5, 2016
I would not recommend this job to anyone unless you have experience so you can move up fast. 7.25 an hour is too little for the amount of work.
Pros
Discounts, Fun People
Cons
Pay is Bad
Cooperative employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FL 32940February 6, 2016
Throughout my days at Firehouse, I met a number of new employees and learned new ways to do things more efficiently. I feel I really improved the store together with the management team.
Pros
Quality products
Cons
Constant changing of employed part-timers.
Good clean restaraunt
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEApril 15, 2016
Good place to work, hours weren't enough, I learned they're setups at a fast pace. Hardest part were cleaning the steamers and the easiest was making the sandwhiches.
Pros
easy work
Cons
no free luches
Fun work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 17, 2015
Wasn't here long to see how the work place atmosphere work out. Cashier and Sandwich maker. Food prep and call fielder.

Coworkers was Micro managed, and pushed to limits. I have learned that the most enjoyable part of this job is Meeting and greeting all the different customers who frequented the establishment,
Pros
Meet excellent people
Cons
Owner+ stress
Some of the most positive individuals I've ever worked with
Chief Closer (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 2, 2016
A typical day at work for me includes but is not limited to a massive amount of cleaning and restocking after the store closes, where there is no telling how many dishes there will be or what mess has ensued through the day. The work is not difficult as opposed to tedious, I love the feeling of a full nights' work and the physical appearance of the store after I am through. Though it takes much patience, the over all rewarding experience of working next to my coworkers is what keeps me coming back to a home like feeling. A lot of these young adults, give their time to a job that seems very rudimentary to the costumer. But as their socioeconomic equal, I see them as some of the most positive and outward people I have ever come across. All leading lives as individuals but consistently giving their one-hundred percent, in light of how the populace views fast food and the struggles with dealing with a very business oriented and impersonal management.
Pros
Great Work Environment, 50 percent employee discount
Cons
only part time, unpredictable hours
Casual Restaurant with hearty sandwiches
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 23, 2015
The best part of working at firehouse subs would be the food.
The generous portions and gourmet hot sauces will always leave a lasting impression on me. I've found my favorite hot sauce here. And for any hot sauce lovers out there you'd understand the appreciation that comes with discovering your favorite sauce.
Pros
Gourment Sauces, generous meat portions, managerial and leadership development
Cons
long hours of standing, dress code
fun, easy job
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARMarch 7, 2016
Firehouse is a good job for people who are looking for there first job or need to pick up a second the owner is very understanding and will help you schedule work times around other jobs
Pros
50% off sandwiches, nice employees
Salt Lake Millcreek location needs a lot of work
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTNovember 20, 2015
This Firehouse has been poorly managed. The worst location to work at, due to complications within the franchise owner. Treats employees unfairly and takes favorites. Makes promises and doesn't follow through. At this location drugs are a big problem, with them being drug in the walk in or in the bathrooms. Yet the person that is doing the drugs is still a shift leader/manager. At this location it is not a crew effort but more of a singular person doing all the work. When new people are hired there isn't a lot of training done so a lot of mistakes are made.
Pros
If you are a shift leader, you get free sandwiches
Cons
Management needs a lot of work
Had a great crew to work with. Everyday was enjoyable.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 7, 2016
Go to work and prepare sandwiches as they were ordered, clean as we go through out the day, and then do prep for the next shift.
Great place to start
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 9, 2016
It was a good place to test out new skills and get a taste of working for a management. Co-Workers were okay, owners were able to work around school, outside activities, etc.

2.7