Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews

Great First Job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 14, 2017
Was an easy transition into the working world. The management was easy going and the staff was tightly knit. The only thing I would say is that there were a few times that I felt lost due to lack of proper training.
The head manager was racist
Slicer (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 14, 2017
I worked everyday almost most of the day from opening hours til whatever time they didnt need me anymore. A cool place to work when i didnt have to hear the Dms mouth
Firehouse Subs
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILNovember 14, 2017
I've been working at Firehouse for about 5 years while I was attending and finishing college. A typical day at work is putting on a smile and making sandwiches for hungry people that come in. I've learned people skills while working here and it's really shaped me into the person that I am now.
Pros
I get to meet all kinds of people.
Cons
Working with difficult people.
meh ugh
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 13, 2017
would not go work there no room for advancement of anything really all you do is literally make sandwiches and salads and clean its more so a boring job
Loved the company beliefs- hated the pay
District Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 13, 2017
I gained all of my knowledge from this company, but in the end they break your back to pay you nothing. i will always be grateful for the opportunity, but 65 hours for a low pay is a let down
Pros
free food
Cons
no benefits
Fun, faced paced environment with friendly, fair management
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLNovember 12, 2017
The salary was low, and I received no pay increase when I accepted the role as shift manager. The management was fair and friendly as were my fellow co workers.
Pros
Free subs and drinks, food discounts, free cookies and brownies
Cons
Short breaks, double shifts, short staffing, low pay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  AlabamaNovember 9, 2017
No one really gets along. My hours were cut for no apparent reason, and my manager did not bother to ask if it was ok with me. I loved the job but not the atmosphere.
fun place not so fun paycheck
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 9, 2017
Great place to work. Not too stressful. Pay could be a lot better though. Meeting new customers and having an upbeat staff is the best part of the job.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
pay is too low
I liked the job it was fun you things you had to but it was fun working there
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 9, 2017
Idk what to put for this I really don’t know what to call if I don’t know what to put down for thing y’all making me do all I want is a job can I have one I be the best working
Pros
Idk
Cons
Idk
Family friendly and fun environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILNovember 8, 2017
I loved coming to work at Firehouse Subs. Everyone was always super friendly and welcoming. I learned how to make gourmet sandwiches and how to interact with many types of people. Our managers were brothers, they were wonderful and had a great sense of humor. The hardest part of the job was cashiering because I was only on it about two times before they had me doing rush hour and taking tons of orders at a time. I also ran the store/ made sanwiches and cashiered while the supervisor cleaned so we could close faster. I loved pretty much everything about the job.
Pros
long breaks, kind customers, fun staff, great bosses
Cons
Not enough time working, Store permanently closed
Fun, fast-paced work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL 32309November 8, 2017
Always enjoyed working here and being fortunate enough to have this be my first real job. Great company to work for and with a solid crew most days don't even feel like work.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 8, 2017
Great work environment. the day is a very fast paced day but the employees that you work with are always nice, considerate and helpful the managagement is awesome as well.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALNovember 7, 2017
Very fun place to work, very busy, great food.. doesn’t allow direct deposit, a good job starting off but definitely needs better pay, customers are usually friendly
Hardwork, fun
CASHIER/DINNING ROOM (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCNovember 7, 2017
Getting the dinning room ready for the store to open include makeing tea, putting ice in drink mechines, getting the lemons and limes out of cooler, putting the chairs downs, counting the draw. All this before store opens, cooking cookies and ripping them for sale. Doing prep while waiting on customers.
Pros
Discount on sandsich, Friendly people
Cons
Less hours, On vactation pay, No health benifits
A good college job.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 7, 2017
I worked at Firehouse for almost two years while attending school. I was met with friendly faces and made relationships that last even to this day. There was the occasional bad customer but that comes with the restaurant business. The management was thoughtful and supportive of my schooling and even though I was never promoted, I don't feel like advancement is that difficult if someone wants to make this a career.
Pros
Discounted Subs, Great Atmosphere
Cons
A few bad customers.
Too few co-workers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 4, 2017
Too much to do with too little people to do it with, especially night shift. Food may be good, but things get backed up quick. Cleaning must be done before we leave, meaning that 1 person is doing dishes, while the other 2 are doing everything else.
Pros
20% discount on food
Cons
Food takes too long to make, things get backed up, 3 people isn't enough
It was nice
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2017
I performed many tasks while I was with Firehouse Subs.... being an owner/operator I did everything from ordering and scheduling to amateur psychology with the staff. I would say day-to-day, it was either really good or extremely difficult.
Pros
Set my own schedule
Cons
The impossible task of trying to make everyone happy
Good work place
Hourly Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 3, 2017
I love work here being a manager had it's ups and downs but at the end of the day I loved it help people is what I like to do I a lot after being a manager being able to work different hours than able to do paperwork scheduling night work night paperwork morning paperwork during the counting Counting the whole store doing truck orders I loved it I mean I would love to go back if I could
fast pace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2017
i enjoyed the clients and the work. the owner was helpful and all the other managers of the stores were helpful as well. i enjoyed the hours and the constent on the go
Productive and Custumer Service Work Place
Asistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dorado, PROctober 30, 2017
custumer service,money manager,schedule and inventory .excelent manager the situation , good relation interpersonal , excelent cordinator of labor and excelent organizer of team work
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Break