Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews

Fast paced work enviroment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 8, 2017
Being a manager of a fast food restaurant can be stressful. The key to making it work is good team players. Before I became the general manager, i worked with a lot of high school children who requested every weekend off. Having to pick up the slack was not fun. When I became the manage, and changed the staff, my job was very easy and enjoyable. Working with food, there will always be a high turn over in employees. While I was manager, nobody wanted to quit. The only reason I left the position was because I moved to Colorado.
Pros
Free lunch, fast paced, no commute
Cons
Stressful moments you have to make it through.
Good experience but alot of work to do .
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 7, 2017
On an average day of work it isn't to hard once you get the hang of things and the normal daily routine. The hardest part is the rushes which are usually during lunch time. After lunch its usually settled and usually used to clean up the mess. Time goes by fast if you keep yourself occupied because there I always something that needs to be done.
Pros
employee discounts, free drinks
Easy, but boring
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA 22406June 6, 2017
It's monotonous and the owner isn't strict enough on lazy employees, which makes it frustrating for the managerial staff, as there are no real repercussions for lower-level employees who don't so their job.
Pros
Food discount
Cons
Frustrating coworkers
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2017
When you work at Firehouse Subs, you are required to know how to do every job; cashier, food prep, "rescue" the food (cook), dishwasher/clean, etc. The store I worked at had me work mainly cashier, which was fast paced on weekend mornings. My fellow co-workers were nice however the management was a bit poor. The store was not new and had a lot of renovations that needed to take place. However, the store owner was not that willing to pay for all of the necessary work. A few things that needed to be fixed was; the mop bucket was missing at least 2 wheels for about 5 months, the security cameras did not work, needed new brooms, a refrigerator door was broken, the safe was broken, etc. From the normal customer perspective, the store was clean and well-kept up but if you worked there you knew how badly the store really was. In my personal opinion, the amount of pay was not equivalent to the amount of work I had to do daily. However, this was just one store out of thousands. I am sure other stores have better management.
Pros
You get 50% discount on food if you work that day, and 15% discount on food if you didn't work that day.
Cons
No other types of benefits. Staff was always changing (temporary job only).
Environemnt friendly
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 6, 2017
I worked here for the summers in between summer of college. I enjoyed working here for the time period I was there. I would recommend for high school students
Great work place job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 6, 2017
Enjoyed working at this place taught me a lot about things and what I need to accomplished. Fast paced but great customer and kids. Being able to interact is great.
Pros
learning new things
Cons
fast paced
Talking with customers and having fun
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJune 6, 2017
We were always ready for when customers came and order food we joke around with customers and talked to them when we were waiting on the meat for their food. Lunch rush starting out was the hardest due to I didn't know much when Firehouse Subs first open. The management was great customers were always leaving with smiles and coming back for more.
I love it
Team Member/Cook (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 5, 2017
This job isnt so bad, i kind of like it . A typical day at work is easy, fast pace & fun! We always make sure the customer is welcome and wants to return!
Pros
Easy
Cons
Short hours
Fun Place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAJune 5, 2017
I learned a lot from working at Firehouse! I mainly did customer service so I got to interact with the customers. Sometimes I had difficult or unhappy customers and I learned how to efficiently and professionally deal with them. Great management and great staff.
Crew was amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAJune 5, 2017
Although the store manager wasn't the best person to be around, the crew was exceptional and it felt like a family. I learned a lot, being as it was my first job. I learned how to deal with people and handle cash.
Typical Day at Firehouse
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FloridaJune 3, 2017
A typical day includes arriving early to work and then not being allowed to start working for about another hour after your shift is supposed to start. I would sit for a long time wasting my time not being allowed to clock in or after working for an hour, being forced to take a break. Other than those things, the days are easy, just making sandwiches and cleaning. I have not yet learned anything since I am only a crew member and have had experience in a job similar. The management forces people to not clock in because their pay is affected by labor. Most of the workers there are very nice and friendly, however, I am constantly sexually harassed by one woman who works there. The hardest part is how slow it gets and then knowing that you are going to be forced to take a break. The most enjoyable part of the job is making customers smile with my positive attitude.
Pros
Free food when you work a double
Cons
Having to wait over an hour to clock in
Very nice and comfortable workplace. Very polite customers and very polite team members.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 3, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Firehouse Subs. I learn a lot daily and continue to learn more everyday. I interact with customers daily, and I enjoy it. The job is very fast past.
Pros
Free food
Fun work environment if everyone is a team player and works together
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 3, 2017
My time working at Firehouse Subs was great for the first year and then it started to go down hill after that. I was trained very well and worked with some great co- workers, but after they left to get better jobs we had to hire alot of new people. These new workers werent trained very well and didnt work like a team player which made things go down hill fast and has been this way ever since.
Pros
50% off food for workers
Cons
Fifty- cent pay difference between crew members and shift managers
Unprofessional environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, TNJune 1, 2017
Firehouse subs was managed by someone quite unprofessional and the work environment became more stressful through that. Management was the only issue with working there.
Fun and upbeat environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALJune 1, 2017
Great starter job! Fun and you meet a good group of employees. It is very easy to grasp what to do and how to do everything. You'll love it if you are looking for something to get you going.
Do not recommend
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 1, 2017
Typical day on the job was being scolded for things that happened the day before, being accused of doing things that you didn't do, not being trusted by management no matter who you were, getting paid under $9.00 in a supervisor position, the only good thing about working here were the co-workers, i made quite a few friends because i was the nice and trusting supervisor.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
No breaks, not a decent discount, manager was mean, pay sucked.
Relatively stress-free environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAMay 31, 2017
Firehouse Subs can be very busy depending on location. The one I was working for wasn't too stressful. Usually the employees are easy to get along with and the managers generally knw what they are doing and can provide you with support.
Great place to work with flexible hours
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 31, 2017
Very laid back atmosphere, but everyone is expected to be on top of their game when it starts to get busy.
Management did a great job of working around people's school and life schedules in order to assemble a staff fit for any day.
Great people to work with and even at its busiest times, the restaurant atmosphere stays calm.
great company but poor management
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 31, 2017
i love firehouse's food and what they stand for but the management is very unbearable. everything else about it made the job more tolerable. the most stressful part is lunch rushes. I also really liked how we got free drinks and 50% of everything.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
no breaks at all
Review
Team Leader Responsibilities (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 31, 2017
typical day at firehouse subs is coming in and cleaning and preparing to close the store

management is very helpful when helpi train new people for the job