Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews

Exciting Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSAugust 18, 2015
I got along with all co-workers and management.
Flexible with my schedule
It is a VERY clean store.
I learned very quickly, due to a great trainer!
Productive work place
cashier (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 17, 2015
Poor management. Unfairness within the business and employees.
poor scheduling. no benefits. great food. located in a plaza near everything.
Pros
slow days
Cons
no breaks
Quick environment, hard working
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILAugust 16, 2015
I put in a lot of effort into this job. It was fast paced and quick. As the day went by, it died down but then it was time to clean up the lobby. It was a friendly environment.
Pros
Discount on food
A great place to work,enjoyed my coworkers as well as the customers
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAAugust 12, 2015
A typical day here goes like this making sure that my area stayed cleaned. i was a dishwasher so i made sure that there was not a dirty dish anywhere as well as helping out when needed.there wasn't really a hard part of the job. The most enjoyable was the people
Good food, easy job.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIAugust 12, 2015
As a crew member, the job is not hard. Management here is the issue. Plus the owner is never in store to keep things going. Subs are good and easy to make, many high school employees which make work more fun environment. Doesn't pay well.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAAugust 6, 2015
It is a great place to work. The best part are my coworkers and management. It is a very fast paced environment and must learn quickly. The worst part of the job would be the occasional upset customer, but learning how to effectively handle those situations can be very satisfying. Being a shift leader has taught me how to manage a crew efficiently and effectively.
Pros
Discounted food and flexible hours
Cons
Difficult customers
Productive, Great tasting subs
Cashier, Steamer, (Current Employee) –  Centereach, NYAugust 5, 2015
Management is outstanding
Co-workers are friendly
The hardest part of the job is making sure everything goes fine during the lunch/dinner rush
The Best part of the job is serving great food
Pros
Free drinks, order is 50% off
Cons
......
Great place to start off job experience
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLAugust 3, 2015
Working at Firehouse Subs is an awesome. I absolutely love my crew, we treat each other like we are brothers and sister. It is great to have our weekly regulars but it is also fun to meet customers and give them the firehouse experience. We love it when customers say that they are here for the first time so we can give them an enjoyable experience
Pros
50% off subs
Cons
No breaks unless a minor
Good temporary job solution
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Oakwood, GAAugust 3, 2015
Firehouse Sub's is a great working environment. Everyone is friendly and make work a breeze. It is actually my most enjoyed job so far.
Pros
positive work enviroment
Cons
not full time
Productive workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJuly 31, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of prepping everything we would need for the day and setting up the store. Serving customers and keeping a clean environment. Got along with management and my employees. Hardest part of the job would be doing large catering orders while simultaneously serving in store customers. Most enjoyable part would be interacting with the customers.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
low pay
No Room for Advancement
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJuly 24, 2015
There is absolutely NO room for advancement unless you've been working there for 10+ years or you don't have a life. I've been working at FH for 2+ years and I've actually been docked in pay. Although it's a easy place to work and the Public Safety Foundation is a great cause, everything else about the place isn't as good as it could be.
Pros
Public Safety Foundation
Cons
Pay, management
Good Place to work at
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 24, 2015
-Typical day of work:
Since I was the restaurant's slicer, I had to start working at 8:00am. Every morning I had to take the patio out, then I flipped all the seats inside the restaurant over, take the trash outside, after all that I started slicing for approximately 3 to 4 hours straight. When I finished slicing I started doing setup for the sandwiches or whatever position the manager put me in for 1 to 2 hours.

-What I learned:
I learned to deal more significantly with stress, and I developed other skills.

-Management:
Management was OK.

-Coworkers:
Coworkers were friendly.

-Hardest part of the job:
The hardest part of the job is when everything is going smooth with low staff, and then suddenly the store gets overruned by customers and we have to work fast with little room for error.

-Most enjoyable part of the job:
Personally for me the most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Pros
First day only free lunch, and 50% Off Employee discount.
Cons
Stressful job, No free lunches after first day.
Can I go back???
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AzJuly 20, 2015
Such a great job! Awesome staff, great coworkers, flexible hours, with some opportunity for advancement. I am well versed in customer service so it was very easy to get into the flow of how everything was ran.
Pros
Great Customers, Great employees
Cons
Slow between rushes
disorganized rude mgmt
crew (Former Employee) –  novato caJuly 19, 2015
they pay too little for the abuse.
they talk down to employees.
very messy disorganized.
low pay, no breaks, make you yell "welcome to firehouse subs" to each customer.
food not tasty.
no tips.
unsanitary.
no benefits.
job add said $12-15. 1st day mgt tells crew all will get $11. bait and switch!
Pros
free sandwich if you like wet sandwich with germs
Cons
no breaks, abusive rude immature mgmt, no tips, low pay, unprofessional, unsanitary, no benefits
fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 14, 2015
Typical day at work is cleaning, sub making, food prep. I learned many things from this job such as being a sub maker working a cash register and constantly cleaning as you go. Management is decent, My General Manager is cool and nice.My co-workers are really nice and helping. I cant say what is the hardest part of the job, because the job is really easy. If i must say i would think lunch rush at firehouse is the hardest thing. The most enjoyable part is bonding with customers and co-workers, also giving great customer service in a positive environment.
Pros
Fun environment, great customer service, friendly staff
Cons
Salary
Great Atmosphere
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 14, 2015
This company is a great company to work for the companies culture is one i would highly recommend. The Management staff is understanding and works with the employees to fit around there schedule for example school.
somewhat friendly enviroment with a hard working staff
assosiate (Former Employee) –  pensacola,flJuly 13, 2015
I have learned a lot about managment while I have been at firehouse and the tools to be a good leader. workers are hard and the hours are flexible to meet personal needs.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
somewhat roudy staff
Great place to build resume and gain experience.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLJuly 12, 2015
The franchise owners are wonderful people that appreciate people putting in hard work. The pay isn't the best, BUT, this is an entry level type of job. There is an opportunity for advancement and pay if you put in the effort. The work hours were typically short 4-6 hours so you wouldn't have to worry about having a break, unless you work open to close, then you would have plenty of opportunities for one. Owners would encourage advancement not only in the work place, but outside of work for school or attempting to land a future career. I was supported in my efforts in obtaining a career as a firefighter and when I did get the job I continued to stay and they would work with my schedule. Unfortunately I did leave on a short notice, due to other SL's lack of work ethic, being rude and complaining how workers wouldn't want to work with them or work efficiently due to their ethics. Besides that, the crews I worked with were great and if I had an opportunity to work there PT again I would.
Pros
Flexible, Owners are wonderful, discounted food, cross train in every position and fun employees.
Cons
Difficult closing due to "last minute customers" frequently.
Great place to work & a Great owner to work for!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GAJuly 12, 2015
Firehouse Subs was a wonderful, fun place to work for. The owner played around a lot but was also very serious about the work. A typical day was pretty much the same thing everyday. From starting with counting down your register, taking orders, taking the subs to the customers, stocking cleaning,etc, and ending with counting down your register.
Great company beware of franchise owners
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXJuly 12, 2015
Firehouse is the best company I ever worked for, however, the franchise owner created hostile work conditions. Micromanagement with excessive hours 70-80 with no benefits or bonus program
Pros
Great Company with great values
Cons
Poor working conditons from franchise