Firehouse Subs

Firehouse Subs Employer Reviews

Productive work place
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee), Dothan, ALFebruary 4, 2014
Firehouse is all about customer service and hard work. As soon as your shift starts, you are working until it's over. I enjoy working out Firehouse. The other co-workers are very friendly. There is not anything hard about working at Firehouse. The most enjoyable thing about working at Firehouse is all of the customers I've met.
Great Subs, with loyal customers
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: customers were always happy
Cons: when the down seasons came, hours weren't consistent, but that's expected.
Welcoming guest making sure everyone was satisfied, I gained the best multi-tasking skills from here. Management are very kind hearted.
Simple and straightforward restaurant work. Compensation below industry standard.
Asst. GM (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: easy
Cons: compensation
Reasonable hours with a reasonable workload, but with terrible compensation and truly awful leadership on the owner end. Middle management is the only thing keeping it afloat.
Friendly family environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Queen Creek, AZJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: fun friendly enviroment
Cons: no room for improvement
Slice bread, heat meat, serve customers, cashier, clean restaurant. I learned how to treat even the most difficult of customers with a smile. Management was good, until it came to what they could suggest you do to improve your duties. Coworkers were fun, but being mostly teenagers, they didn't understand when fun stopped and work began. The hardest – more... part of the job was keeping up the work during slow times, with so many people on hand at any given time, there was little to do on down time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the fun greeting that was presented with each opening of the door. " Welcome to Firehouse!" – less
Fun and friendly work environment.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJanuary 25, 2014
Great place to work during your high school and early college years. Flexible with schedules, and requested time off.
awsome
Line Cook (Former Employee), Palm City, FLJanuary 23, 2014
one of my first work experiences in the state of florida. enjoyed co workers and clients one of a kind people in a small town.
Good Teamwork/Poor Management
Cashier (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 23, 2014
Everyone worked well with each other.
They couldn't hold position after I injured myself.
Very fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: free drinks and 50% off meals
Cons: low hours, low pay, and no benefits.
We provide a lot of customer service. We ring customers up at the register and provide well prepared subs for customers under a 6 minute time limit.
Horrible managment, unorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Castle Rock, COJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: family & staff discount
Cons: unorganized and rude management
Management treats their staff horribly, made us all uncomfortable. They were really unorganized. Loved the staff though. Only good outcome from working there.
Love the work enviorment
Crew worker (Current Employee), san atonioJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: minimum wage
basically my job consist of cleaning lobby, making sandwiches, and washing the dishes if needs. If it's busy i'll run the register just to help out.
A Diverse Work Experience
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: half off on sandwiches. fast paced.
Cons: new management
At Firehouse in Round Rock, you begin small, but quickly are expected to accomplish more and more responsibilities. Everyone works on every part of the store to help the whole run. You learn what is needed to run the store and provide an enjoyable experience for the customers. Your coworkers will come from all walks of life, but are expected as are – more... you to help each other in running the business. – less
Not worth it
General Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 9, 2014
It's a fast pace yet simple job.
Extremely high turnover.
Employees treated as assets, not human beings.
It's a laid back environment but employees are not appreciated.
Work place was fun
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Greenwood, INJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: lunches half off
Cons: no benefits
Business was slow and the management was greatly unorganized. My coworkers were easy to get along with and enjoyable to work with .The hardest part was not knowing what was going to happen at work on if you were working a reg or short shift or what your duties were.The most enjoyable part was interacting with the customers and my coworkers.
Fun, energetic, and caring
Sandwich artist/steamer (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 5, 2014
Working there was a wonderful experience I enjoyed greeting customers and taking their orders with a smile of joy on my face.
Very nice people.
Cashier, Cook (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: very stressful at times
Everyone was incredibly helpful. I felt bad having to leave.
Had a great boss
Sub Maker (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 4, 2014
I had a great boss that inspired me to work hard. She made me look forward into going to work every day.
Good Co-workers, good part-time job
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: no breaks, no healthcare
Typical day I open the store everyday, I deposit the ending day money to the bank I do the produce order and also handle customer compliants... the hardest part when the staff call in to work very frequentley...
Review
Assitant General Manager to General Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 30, 2013
Overall, the transportation industry is brutal in terms of time expected to serve your employer versus the monetary benefits. Fortunately, for me, I had a supervisor that realized my skill set was different from most drivers and allowed me to expand and contribute in a broader way to the overall success of Schneider National.
Fun environment
Customer service (Former Employee), Thornton, CODecember 13, 2013
Pros: half priced lunches
Cons: health care
Clock in be prepared to help customers as soon as u walk in everyone is understandable on all situations
Not a great place to work if you are a family person
Crew Member (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 20, 2013
If you have children or family that takes priority over a job, this is not the place for you. Neither is it the place for you if you happen to run in to a stretch of back to back illnesses! Firehouse will cut hours down to nothing and then fire you after you have worked a shift for them. If you have no one else to report to or no on to take care of, – more... its a great place. The job isn't that hard, the management is nice and, for the most part will work with you. The pay sucks and there is no benefits, but hey that's restaurant life. Firehouse is better suited for high school students than adults. – less

About Firehouse Subs

Four alarm hunger might drive some sandwich lovers to these restaurants. Firehouse Restaurant Group operates and franchises more – Read more

Firehouse Subs Photos