Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews in United States

cool job i love it
Manager (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GA 30078March 16, 2016
i work my way up to a management i was work for firehouse fo 13years great job i love to work with people all the time make me feel gud to give back to the people wen u can
Pros
free for for us
Cons
very friendly work place.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMarch 9, 2016
had a lot of fun working for Joel Anderson,General Manager. Customer service throughout the whole restaurant was above average.
fun, easy job
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARMarch 7, 2016
Firehouse is a good job for people who are looking for there first job or need to pick up a second the owner is very understanding and will help you schedule work times around other jobs
Pros
50% off sandwiches, nice employees
Tedious work flow
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 5, 2016
The job requires basic knowledge of food and people. Firehouse thrives on its customer service and puts its customers first. If you cant keep up with the work load, this job isn't for you.
Fun Enviroment
Food prep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 3, 2016
helpful fun environment. there is always something. sometimes fast pace and sometimes slow. its overall a grate place to work depending on who you are working with
can be stressful
Server (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMarch 1, 2016
the day will start off slow, and surprisingly pick up to the extremes. Not always fun to be extremely busy. errors do occur in peoples orders.
Experiences
Restaurant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 29, 2016
I worked 53-60 hour work week, 6 days a week.
I would defiantly say the hour work load was hardest part of my job. I juggled being a single mom and having a career. I loved my job with Firehouse Subs. I loved my daily customers and my staff. I kept myself challenged with targets, projections, and weekly and monthly goals. I learned a lot about who I am as a person though my years working with Firehouse. I became more confident in my knowledge to be the best. I worked for great people. I always tried going above the expectations required.
Great environment, Fun , and
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 25, 2016
Working at firehouse subs is fun, and exciting. Through the years that i have been at Firehouse Subs, I have had nothing but fun and great learning experiences. As a Shift Leader it has been challenging at times but with the great leadership of fellow managers and co-workers overcoming obstacles, are no problem for the Firehouse crew and myself. Working with fellow co-workers has always been great, always lending each other a hand almost seems like you have a family connection, as if we have known each other our whole lives. The most enjoyable part of my job is going to work, and seeing our beloved customers, as well and my fellow co-workers. Overall Firehouse Subs has a great environment, and great learning experiences.
Pros
good pay, good discount
Cons
not full time, no free meal
Life of a Firehouse Subs Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 25, 2016
My average day consisted of me taking full responsibility of the store, be it its property, stock, and merchandise, or its employees and customers. Working for Firehouse Subs, both as a crew member and in a management position, you will grow to see your team as family, and your customers will become friendly regulars. This is the company's strongest and weakest feature, as becoming a family promoted hard work and camaraderie among the employees and made each day you work a pleasant experience. However, workplace drama was present, and sometimes even off-the-job drama. As an assistant manager, I refused to take part in said drama, however, it was my duty to alleviate problems caused by it. It is a very demanding job with a small amount of rewards, but it is worth it if you enjoy putting smiles on peoples' faces every day.
Pros
Free Food, decent pay, job advancement opportunities, excellent training
Cons
Demanding job, feeling of being unappreciated by both customers and staff, not enough pay to live on your own wages
Fast paced work environment with a friendly atmosphere
Crew Member and Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 25, 2016
A day to day work environment with Firehouse was never something one could predict. Every day would be different. No two Fridays were as busy as the next. I learned to stay busy and attentive. Idle conversation between coworkers can be nice, but it's best to stick to the task, or tasks, at hand. The most difficult part about being a cashier was talking without having water to sip on at the front registers. Due to spills, the management requested we keep them in the back. Some days were so busy I couldn't grab a drink for up to an hour at a time. I loved the customers the most. The regulars were friendly, and understood when a new crew member was being trained, or if we happened to be busy. As a shift leader with Firehouse, I learned to peacefully resolve issues with customers and employees alike. It's important to have some empathy with everyone. The most difficult part of being a shift leader was being so young. Most of my coworkers were much older than myself, so despite a professional disposition, it was difficult to manage certain employees.
Pros
Free medium sub daily as a shift leader
Cons
Very short breaks, schedule conflicts with college.

Want to know more about Firehouse Subs?

Ask a question
I loved my coworkers and the sandwiches were great
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Lonetree, COFebruary 22, 2016
The quality of the food was great, and it was fun having a lot of customers, it was difficult when we didn't have enough people working, but we still pushed through and felt like champs when we got out of work that night.
Pros
Discounts on sandwiches and free drinks.
Fun Job if You Love Subs
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 22, 2016
It was a very fun job. The people are great, the food is delicious. The only thing I disliked was always being the meat cutter. I'm not the only one who knows how to work the machine...
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
Short breaks
Work hard for little money and nice people.
Customer Service, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2016
My typical day at work is fill with stress, food, time management, and laughter. I have learn a lot working there, mostly management skills and how to get along with people you don't like but the biggest thing I have learned is patience. The management there is good but unorganized and inexperienced. My co-worker are great mostly high school and college kids. The job is really easy so much so it bores you after a while. The most enjoyable part is meeting different people.
Pros
Nice people, easy work.
Cons
If management long hour, not enough pay.
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCFebruary 16, 2016
Cleaning the dining room and restocking merchandise
Ringing up customers on cashier
Assisting with preparing food for customers

The management works as hard as they can to make sure customers and employees are well taken care of
Coworkers make the environment enjoyable and relaxed
The hardest part of the job is time management
The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving positive feedback from customers
productive environment
Sub Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILFebruary 16, 2016
Fastpaced environment, gained skills in time management as well as more responsibilty dealing with customer service as well as management resposibilities
Firehouse Mania!!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNFebruary 15, 2016
A typical day at work would be slaving over 900 Degree Steamers while simultaneously greeting customers and keeping a Happy attitude with an enormous smile on your face.
I learned that you can move up in any job but one like this requires constant butt-kissing.
Management? I could right an entire essay on the management and how they treat there employees. I'll keep it short and sweet. Unless you are (like I stated before) and "brown noser" management will not acknowledge the time and effort you put into your job. Underappreciated and Over-worked.
The hardest part of the job would be dealing with a dysfunctional Owner/Boss who trusts No one and believes her employees are never doing enough.
Also you are only allowed a ONE 10 minute break per shift, and sometimes you are rushed for that as well!
Legally if you work 6 hours or more you are entitled to a 30 min break but not Firehouse! those rules don't apply to them.
and last but not least... the PAY is not worth the work you do. Mc.Donalds and wendys pays more than this company..
The most enjoyable part of the job would be clocking out.
Pros
The food we serve is top of the line. without a doubt.
Cons
Disorganized Managment and an Owner with a chemical imbalance in her brain
Cooperative employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FL 32940February 6, 2016
Throughout my days at Firehouse, I met a number of new employees and learned new ways to do things more efficiently. I feel I really improved the store together with the management team.
Pros
Quality products
Cons
Constant changing of employed part-timers.
Poor taste in my mouth
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDFebruary 1, 2016
The store and business of Firehouse Subs is great, but the management at my store was of the lowest quality, store would open late to save money, employees were hired and then only worked 3 days out of the month to save money, on the job was chaotic and un-productive.
Professional, Clean, Helpful, Understanding and sometimes a little fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 31, 2016
They helped me learn and grow in the Food Service Industry. They stood by me in my professional growth and even gave good advice with other matters. The management staff was amazing! I call a few of them friends today and can call on them still. I had a great experience with Firehouse Subs in Athens, GA. I am a better person overall for having worked there.
Pros
Excellent management team. Friendly environment.
Cons
Benefits were lacking; but that's industry wide, not just Firehouse
productive and fun work place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNJanuary 19, 2016
Firehouse Subs is a faced paced environment.
A friendly and fun company to work for.
I have learned great customer service, cash handling, deposits, and leading a team to do the best to our ability.

2.7