Firehouse Subs

Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews

Fast paced work enviornment
MANAGER/SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee), Tucker, GAJanuary 30, 2015
This is a fun place to work for anyone in school or just wanting some part time income. The customers make this place what it is.
Productive work environment, Fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Lafayette, COJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: 50% off of a lunch.
Cons: i do not get paid enough for all the work that is present, for it is a new business, and the franchisee can not afford the raise.
A typical day at work for me. when come 10-15 minutes early to set my Daily station plan, i look at who works with me, and place the employees were they are best fitted, or if training is need i oversee the station. I make sure everyone just there job correctly according to regulations. We have a crumb free environment, so i make sure we are cleaning has we go through our rushes. I oversee the prep that we need to have done for the morning crew. At the end of the night i go through a checklist of what needs to be done and has we complete a task myself and the employee that completed the task sign off, confirming that it is done. I also count down our cash registers, confirming that they are on point, and recorded. Then i set the deposit make sure all cash is present. Has we leave i make sure the alarm is set.
My most enjoyable part of the day is when, the crew and myself are creating a fun and productive work environment, which is present all days.
The hardest part is getting the day started and creating the fun environment itself in which we has the crew can enjoy for the rest of the night. When some people let their personal lives affect their work, i provide a pep talk and help them out of the troubles of their personal life, and get them ready for a great day at work.
fast pace environment with delicious subs
crew member (Former Employee), Ponte Vedra Beach, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: efficient, work hard, serious, organized, timely manner
Cons: stressful, fast pace
Firehouse Subs has give me the opportunity to learn to be fast pace and effective. They are very serious about their work and customer satisfaction! I was apart of the crew member, i was in charge of the steamer section. We had to be very vigilant and on our toes all the time,due to their were so many customers in line. timing is everything there and i learn to manage my timing thanks to Firehouse Subs.
Wonderful learning experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Stafford, VAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: wonderful crew, free lunches, clean restaurant
Cons: no health benefits
During my time with Firehouse Subs, I learned many things about what it takes to run a business and how to properly communicate with employees. I am entrusted with a set of keys to the store, as well as opening procedures, management of employees, produce shipment, and customer service. The most enjoyable part of my job was the daily interaction with customers and getting to provide them with assistance in a fantastic day. As an Assistant Manager I was afforded great learning opportunities in all areas of the business and take pride in my abilities in customer service. I enjoy keeping everyone motivated to do their best and stay on task.
Upbeat atmosphere
Cashier/Line Cook (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 13, 2015
Firehouse Subs is an excellent place to be employed.
An average day at firehouse subs is pretty upbeat , and around lunch hours can get really busy. Morning shift include food prep , cleaning dinning area , and getting catering ready for the day. Closing shift are mostly slow depending on which location. Wednesdays and Sundays are typically the busiest considering kids eat free.
Exciting and fast paced work environment
Team Member (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 10, 2015
Firehouse Subs is an exciting place to work. The other employers are enjoyable to be around.
A day I will always remember
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Kingsland, GAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: discount on food, good pay rate
Cons: shortbreaks
It was the second day of training and I was very excited because it was Firehouse Subs grand opening. That was the day everyone got to experience the feel of working in the environment. I learned that it was very fast pace,fun,up beat, and a place where that would make you feel like family. Co-workers were very kind and helpful too. The hardest part of the job is being quick on your feet and very alert. Orders are coming quick so memory and knowing the menu plays a very important part. I enjoyed working there and best part of all was seeing the smile of a customers face knowing that the team and I did our part.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Stockbridge, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Atypical day at work consisted of coming in bright and early and starting food prep such as, chopping lettuce, tomatoes, onions, etc. Then taking orders and/or filling orders and making sandwiches.Most enjoyable part of this job was the people were so great.
Its a Good part time job
Team Member (Current Employee), High Point, NCDecember 25, 2014
I have enjoyed my time at firehouse my fellow employees are great, and the management fairly divides the work time for the times that you are available.
low salary company
Associate (Current Employee), PRDecember 24, 2014
Pros: some free food
Cons: short breaks, benefits
No full time for employees, No raise salary. Productivity plus fun job. Good teamwork, Good management. The hardest is when we have a heavy line, but its entertaining and keeps you busy.
I really enjoy to work with our customers. The products have quality.
Good First Job Experience
Crew Member (Current Employee), Brandon, FLDecember 23, 2014
Firehouse Subs is a good first experience. It helped me with customer service, dealing with different personalities and learning job details. My management is very helpful in assisting me in developing my work ethics. I enjoy working with people.
Current Job
Crew Member (Current Employee), Merritt IslandDecember 21, 2014
I enjoy my job, I just cannot live on part time, a minimum wage. I enjoy the fast paced environment to keep me busy. I enjoy the wide variety of people I work around and get to interact with. I also enjoy preparing food. Delicious food, at that!
good people to work for
cashier/crew member (Former Employee), Boynton Beach, FLDecember 19, 2014
Pros: we got 50% off at are break time
Cons: dont give enough hours
It was a good place to work but they are not good with giving employees a lot of hours
By the books
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 18, 2014
Working here gave me the chance to really learn what typical assistant/general manager has to deal with on a day to day. It a very strict by the book company, and the hardest part would have to be working with a very young staff that was always changing. The food was amazing thou
I worked at a fast pace enviornment and provided excellent service to customers
CASHIER/ SERVER/ DISHWASHER (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 18, 2014
the most enjoyable part of my day was meeting new people and making sure customers were satisfied .
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Gadsden, ALDecember 17, 2014
I was the assistant manager for about 2 years. I loved the people I worked with. We were like our own little family and it made it so great to come to work and see their faces. We loved our customers and had fun while always doing our jobs right. I really enjoyed managing this place. The manager above me is the only complaint I had. She was the hardest part of my job.
Fun work with nice co-workers
Crew Member (Former Employee), Spring Hill, TNDecember 17, 2014
Pros: discounts on subs and free drinks
Cons: place hired too many people and ended up getting laid off
A typical work day there was enjoyable since everyone I worked with were pleasant people to be around. I would either toast the bread, serve customers in the dining room, or work the cash register. Since this was my first job everything I did I learned. I liked the management there except from what I heard about one manager I met once before I was laid off. I think the hardest part of the job is the usual of any restaurant and that is the lunch rush. While it may have been the hardest part I also believe is was the most enjoyable part when I was the cashier because I got to meet all the customers.
Team member (Former Employee), Grand Blanc, MIDecember 17, 2014
I just loved my job although you may have some ticked off customers that may be disrespectful but as long as your respectful and calm you can help them answer their own question. I love the fact that I had my own little space in the front of the office and I also love the fact that we wasn't only co workers we was a family.
Not a great place.
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Former Employee), Centennial, CODecember 14, 2014
This place is poorly run. The other locations I have heard are somewhat better but the management here is just awful. Poor compensation, no employee respect, and a pretty unprofessional work environment all over. I would not recommend unless you are desperate.
Great place to eat, but employment can be better.
Cashier (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, NJDecember 8, 2014
Firehouse Subs is a great sub shop to eat at. Not too many people are fond of eating warmed up lunch meat, but once you eat there you will fall in love. The environment is great, I enjoy my coworkers, but I don't think really enjoy being an employee. I make $8.25 per hour, but I only work like 3 out of 7 days. My checks are not helping me being that I'm a college student. I need to maintain a steady, well paying pay check to help me make a living while I finish these last two semesters at community college. But overall, it really is a good environment.

About Firehouse Subs

Four alarm hunger might drive some sandwich lovers to these restaurants. Firehouse Restaurant Group operates and franchises more – Read more

Firehouse Subs Salaries