Firehouse Subs

Firehouse Subs Employer Reviews

Productive Place to work
Team Member/ Cook (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: discounts on food.
Cons: old equitment
friendly co-workers
I've worked there for two years and everyone treats me like family.
The management is fair and professional.
Great
Crew Member (Former Employee), Panama City, FLSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: discounts, satisfaction in serving others
Management was great, the responsibilities are not too stressful for one to accomplish, the experience is very useful for the future.
Great Leadership
Resturant Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: great oppourtunity for advancement.
Cons: no mandatory breaks.
Very well rounded organization.Very busy during lunch. Great co workers and management. The toughest part of the job the job is sometimes you can be overwhelmed by the business. The most enjoyable part would be interacting with the guest.
Great palce to work.
Night Shift Leader (Current Employee), 4141 hwy 98 northAugust 28, 2014
Pros: get paid weekly and free meal
Cons: i dont get to tuck my kids in at night
A typical day at work would be me coming in around 3, 4 or 5 pm. depending on the day of the week. Start my pre closing and assign all employees to their duties for the night ( cleaning , restocking, etc.). most of the co workers are nice and hard working. and the management is ok. I enjoy my job because I meet new people each day and I love to make people smile and give them great service. I just love to make people happy.
Fast paced little pay
Team Member \Shift Leader (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 28, 2014
It gave me the experience I needed to move on but pay way low, and raises came but by .10 cent. Not to much to say but happy I am gone.
Working at Firehouse Subs
Cashier (Former Employee), Kingsland, GeorgiaAugust 25, 2014
Pros: half priced subs
Working at Firehouse Subs was definitely an easy going job. I had a routine everyday that I would follow. Dealing with customers and entering their order in the computer as a cashier. A whole bunch of cleaning to make the restaurant look tip-top shape. The most enjoyable part was half off on the subs.
Great place but no room for advancement at all
Crew Member (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLAugust 24, 2014
Pros: 50% discount on food for you once a day, free meals with purchase on your friends and family
Cons: called in at random times, no benefits, no opportunity for advancement or pay raise
My employer owned the restaurant I was working at and as such, I had no opportunity to move up to manager unless someone else quit (not likely considering they were family) and my employer called me in on random days whether I was scheduled or not.
SUPERVISOR EXPERIENCE GAINED
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee), Boynton Beach, FLAugust 18, 2014
I LEARNED MANAGEMENT SKILLS WHILE WORKING AT FIREHOUSE. THIS JOB TAUGHT ME TIME MANAGEMENT AS WELL AS ASSOCIATE RELATIONS.
A fun place to work, so long as you have great customer service.
Manager (Current Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: discounts on food, easy going management, a great location for employees in the area, loyal customers who treat you like friends
Cons: a lot of competition in the area bringing less customers in (some days are really boring)
It's no secret that making sandwiches is easy, but once you assert yourself and get promoted, you'll find that working at Firehouse is more than just a day to day grind. You have to remember many important days (ie. days to place truck and produce orders, to count inventory, and days to let people off work early to keep labor costs down).

What I learned most as a manager at Firehouse was how to enforce rules and keep employees in check without being a tyrant. You have to learn what each person is like as an individual, and cater to their personalities. One employee, for example, may need you to tell them exactly what to do, step by step. Another might get offended by that, and need to be approached in a more relaxed "Hey, this might work better" approach.

The hardest part of working at Firehouse was definitely getting use to angry customers. Growing up, I always saw people as polite and easy-going, so the first time someone yelled at me for misunderstanding their order, I was struck speechless. Needless to say, I quickly learned how to calmly apologize and persuade the customer to let me fix my mistake. It's much more satisfying to see a customer that was once angry come back into your store as a loyal customer.

My favorite part about working at Firehouse has always been the warm atmosphere. I've been there for two years, and have loved coming in and laughing each day with my coworkers. I find it rare to hear of people being friends with their coworkers after they move on, but I will, without a doubt, still cherish these people and keep in touch.
My job had unlimited potential
Shift Lead\ General Manager in Training (Former Employee), Pflugerville, TxAugust 14, 2014
This was a great company for me. I grew along with the company and enjoyed the challenge of a start up. I got my feet wet in sales and fell in love. Along with learning the value of great customer service this company did great things for me.
Awesome place to work!!!
Team Member (Current Employee), Comstock Park, MIAugust 13, 2014
Pros: 50% of subs when you work!!
Cons: no healthcare..thats all
The whole crew including the owner and manager are just amazing people to work with. Everyday at work is fun, even on the busiest of days. There is always jokes and laughter and even though everyone is different somehow we all get along like a family.
Clean And Organized Restaurant
Food Prep (Former Employee), Annadale VirginiaAugust 13, 2014
• Unloading • Stocking • Food Prep • Greeting Customer’s • Cleaning
Productive Fast Pace Place
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee), Franklin, TNAugust 12, 2014
A typical day at work was busy. We always handle customers first, dining room second, and everything else after.

I learned a lot more money handling skills, verbal skills, and it helped me grow as person. FireHouse took me outside my box and let me grow.

My co-workers are all funny. No matter what age you were or your status everyone got along. Working there is like being with family.

The hardest part of the job was trusting other for me. I was glad everyone there I could trust.

Everything is enjoyable at FireHouse.
Fast paced, and high energy
Crew Member (Current Employee), Boynton Beach, FLAugust 11, 2014
We work hard with a very friendly staff, and loyal customers.
Good franchise
Manager (Former Employee), Albany, GAAugust 11, 2014
I enjoyed working around the staff cause everybody only focus was costumer service. The managers were very intelligent people that cared about a clean franchise.
good workplace
Cook, Customer Service, Cashier, Dishwasher (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 29, 2014
prepare subs
good management
good co workers
great customers
Good place to work because I showed improvement and for the first time it actually mattered and I was promoted.
Hiring Manager (Former Employee), Lone Tree, COJuly 27, 2014
Pros: great people to work with and good pay
Cons: had to leave to come here for school
I would open the store every day, prepare all food for the upcoming shift, check so see if I had any interviews that day for potential hires, open the store to the public, and then train the new staff that had recently been hired on all of our procedures.
Well managed and professional workplace with an enjoyable team environment
Team Member (Current Employee), Midlothian, VAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: positive work environment
Cons: no health insurance or benefits
A usual day at work begins with setting up the store for business, preparing meats and produce for an quick and professional customer experience. At Firehouse I have learned how to more effectively manage myself as well as my crew. The individuals I work with are pleasant and mature, and the management team does a great job at maintaining a professional workplace. One of the most difficult aspects of the job is providing fast and accurate orders due to the nature of the business. One order goes through 4 people before the sandwich gets to the customer so if one person does something wrong and nobody catches it, especially during a lunch/dinner time rush, problems may arise.
great fast food franchise with franchise opportunities in the subs (lunch or dinner sandwich) industry
Food Prep/Cashier/crew member (Former Employee), Plantation, FLJuly 26, 2014
Fun to work here, lots of hours, and great for first job. There are lots of friendly customers that come in (always a bad nut every now and then) but the rest usually have smiling faces. Weekdays are never too busy but Saturday and Sunday are another story. Not too difficult work
productive, fun work place,good people
Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2014
all in all one of m favorite jobs I've had. good boss and I learned a lot about how to deal with customers

About Firehouse Subs

Four alarm hunger might drive some sandwich lovers to these restaurants. Firehouse Restaurant Group operates and franchises more – Read more

Firehouse Subs Photos