Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews

FireHouse is a fun place to work while always interacting with the customer
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 3, 2015
Pros: 25%employee discount, Fair hours, awesome management
At Firehouse I am always making the customer want to return by making great food at a reasonable price. I like the environment and I am always looking forward to the next work day to see what challenges it may bring.
Experience
Cashier/Crew Member (Former Employee), Lauderhill, FLApril 2, 2015
Pros: Discounted price for food
Cons: Pay Rate
I worked at this company for a few months before I was fired due to not wanting to work on a day that I was scheduled off. At that time, the boss knew that I choose not to work Sundays due to me needing to be at church services. They were short staffed and apparently I was already on his bad side for whatever reason. Long story short, the food is amazing and I got to interact with the customer but I was doing too much for the pay that they were giving me at the time. I was with that company from the time they were constructing the store and training and during the opening.
As long as you are a highschool individual you'll love to work here.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Lumberton,NcApril 2, 2015
Mainly Female orientated
Hours depend on sales
Management was great
Co-Workers were okay on certain days
Mainly a high school job
Only closed two days out the entire year
A really fun place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 2, 2015
Pros: Good team building
Cons: Not really good pay.
This job was really a lot of fun and I enjoyed working there. Typically I would make the daily prep list with the morning team then it was right into almost non-stop service until I lift in mid afternoon. I learned better team work skills at this job. My co-workers were fun and hardworking. The hardest part about the job was the weekend when there was an endless line of people wanting food. The enjoyable part of the job was being able to work and joke around with my co-workers and even management.
the work was fun
Steamer (Former Employee), Levittown, NYApril 2, 2015
Pros: discount on food, paid every week
Cons: low pay
the manager knew what he was doing. he treated everyone fairly and wouldn't hire a manager from outside would only hire someone working there currently who he can trust.

everyone washed dishes and everyone cooked.
A day at FireHouse
Crew Member (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 31, 2015
A Day at firehouse really depends on what you make of it. I try to make my days go by pretty smooth by enjoying as much customer service possible. At firehouse I learn something new every time I clock-in. No matter if its something big and complicated or small and simple I'm always learning. The management at firehouse is pretty up tight. The management department make sure every shift is taken care of and ran properly everyday. My co-workers are some of the coolest people I've met at any job working in Huntsville. I've learned a lot of what I know now about the firehouse business from my co-workers. The hardest part of working at firehouse would have to be keeping up with the day time lunch rush. The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying every single person that comes through the doors of firehouse.
productive and sense of urgency and enjoyed it
GM (Former Employee), Deer Park, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: always busy
Cons: no healthcare benefits
Very fast paced and always had a sense of urgency.Productive ,planning and enjoyed it. I enjoyed setting all my catering orders and organizing it for the most efficient time of completion to the route I was going to make all my deliveries,I was not once late,and if I were going to be late I would inform them at the time of placing their order.
Fun, known to customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Charleston, South CarolinaMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Discounts on subs, flexible hours
Cons: short breaks and standing all day
I loved working with Firehouse Subs because the customers knew me, I knew what they wanted and I always went the extra mile for them.
Productive but uncomfortable workplace
Customer Service & Food Handling (Former Employee), Totowa, NJMarch 26, 2015
The job was fun and easy for people who need a break from excessive multitasking jobs. My coworkers were young and spirited but were very vulgar and used slurs making others uncomfortable. The hardest part was learning to keep a steady hand when slicing bread but the most enjoyable part was finishing the job in time and satisfying the customers. Most of the managers where nice and helpful but some did not like to teach while simultaneously complaining at new workings for not knowing what to do. Over all there needs to be improvements but is a good place to work.
fun and work place. really enjoy the everyday challenge
General Manager (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 24, 2015
Pros: i make it personal to remember my guest by name
Cons: I don't have ANY benefits offers from this company (none at all!)
Everyday at Firehouse Subs is such a great challenge. Pleasing and winning all types of guests. I really enjoy my work here
fun workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Monroe, NCMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no healthcare for full time employees only general manager
Very good subs, fun work environment, easy going and different every day. Lines were short so the days dragged on. I wanted more business to have a more successful job. I enjoyed the quality of our product and my co workers were easy to work with.
Unqualified Managers
Team Member (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYMarch 21, 2015
The managers and owner were a joke. No qualifications, no training, and basically just winging it. They gave the shift leaders a quarter more per hour than the rest of the staff. A quarter. And expected them to do a ridiculous amount of work, including opening and closing the restaurant by themselves.
Awful Work Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Topsham, MEMarch 18, 2015
Owner and management have no communication. They do not listen to employees or help resolve issues. They tell you to handle it yourself then reprimand you when you do so.
I love my job
Cashier (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 15, 2015
I love my job here at Firehouse. It's fast paced and the boss challenges you to be the best and to never settle for the basics. She encourages expansion of your education and communicates actively with the staff and management. She really goes out of her way to show she genuinely cares about her employees and customers.
It was a good work place were I made a lot of friends and learned to have a good work ethic in any job no matter what the job is.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Garland, TXMarch 15, 2015
Pros: half off lunch, friendly employees and manager was very organzed.
Cons: not enough hours per week.
I would cut and slice the deli meat and vegetables for the sandwiches for the customers. I would clean and sanitize the kitchen, dining area and restrooms. Also I operated the cash register and provided customer service to the guests in the restaurant. The hardest part of the job is dealing with more than 50 customers in a small sandwich shop and not having enough staff to help out during the lunch rush.
Great food, positive environment
Cashier, food prep (Former Employee), Southaven, MSMarch 12, 2015
Pros: discounts, reasonable hours, friendly, helping co-workers
Cons: short breaks, no benefits
A typical day at Firehouse Subs is usually busy. You are always on your feet, you get two ten minute breaks, but at the same time it is also fun because you are never bored, constantly moving, which makes time fly by, and you get to learn a lot about your customers. After lunch rush you have to clean, what they call the "line", and restock chips, bread, lettuce, etc . Then you are able to take a break. Co-workers and the manager are also positive, friendly people. The food is great, plus you get discounts.
once again the star rating system is not accepting my true rating
Team member (Former Employee), DeLand, FLMarch 12, 2015
The people are amazing, its all about the fire house way! I only left because the money really isn't anything and opportunity to advance is slim.
small, efficient working condition,bad(short) work hours
Crew Member (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 11, 2015
Pros: food discount friendly co-workers
Cons: no benefits, 30 min lunch
typical day was taking orders, fulfilling or orders, cleaning, and possibly cutting/preparing the meat. some days will feel like an eternity, and others will be a flash. just depends on how you manage your time. the work is extremely, just keep busy
Productive and fun workplace
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Florence, SCMarch 10, 2015
I come into work and submit paperwork then run an effective shift of cooperative team members. The envirnoment is enjoyable and relaxing to be apart of. The customers enjoy us and our product.There isn't anything hard about this job. In fact I love working here!
Could have been better
Team Member/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nashua, NHMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free food, great environment
Cons: poor management
Busy when first opened, learned a lot with customer service, counting the drawer.

Management sucked. They did not take any work problems seriously and disappeared throughout shifts to get high in the parking lot.

Co-workers were the best part of the experience, made a lot of new friends.

Hardest part was being so busy having a line out the door and having the kitchen line backed up.

Most enjoyable part was closing having fun with co-workers making jokes and becoming an actual team.