Firelands Regional Medical Center

Firelands Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

I loved my job at Firelands
Administrative Supervisor,Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Fostoria, OHJuly 18, 2016
I loved my job at Firelands. I only left due to relocating. We had a big team of employees but everyone seemed to know most and it was a very relaxed atmosphere. I learned to be empathetic with the public. My most enjoyable part of my job, I constantly got to meet new people.
Pros
Great rapport with coworkers
Cons
Part of a big organization, it took time to get the communication to the smaller offices.
Okay place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJuly 4, 2016
Working for FRMC has its ups and downs, People in management are rude; coworkers are nice. Awesome vending area and cafe
Overall caring organization, doesn't pay as well as they are able to.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJune 25, 2016
It's a great place to work if you are salaried. Firelands is bad if you're hourly and there is a culture of arrogance amongst those people.

If you get promoted you'll never make as much as somebody who gets hired in directly into a position. If you ever try to remedy that you'll be met with denial and resistance and that's not an exaggeration.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Pathetic Insurance
Directors treat staff poorly
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMay 27, 2016
1. Poor management skills
2. No breaks
3. Coworkers do not work as a team
4. I enjoyed taking care of my patients
5. Small pay increases
6. Unorganized
Pros
Just be able to save lives
Cons
Poor raises, never get lunch break, poor leadership
ICU Unit Coordinator
Unit Coord/Insurance Auth/Financial Counseling (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMay 18, 2016
. I loved my job at the hospital, I loved the staff and the patients. I was working at EHOVE everyday for 5 hours a day and they kept saying my job was going to be eliminated; o I found this job. After a year I had to make a choice and I chose Firelands. #1. They could give me as many hours as I wanted #2. I could apply to other departments when there was openings and I had finally got my foot in Insurance Authorization and Financial Counseling.

I worked night shift in ICU and day shift when I worked in the offices. The problem was I was not getting paid very well and the two shifts in the same week was really hard.
Pros
Loved the job and the staff
Cons
the money
Turnover
Floor nurse (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHApril 24, 2016
They just gave the RN's a raise that directly work as a floor nurse doing patient care, but no one else. Not enough staff, forced overtime. Co-worker's are awesome on the floor I work on. Yearly raise only if you get through their point system. Yearly bonus if the hospital passes the grading system of the patient's.
Pros
Team work, staff are like a second family
Cons
Not enough staff
entry position
Certified Sterile Processor (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 18, 2016
Must complete tasks in a timely manner. I was trained on the job and went to school for certification to retain my job. Hard work. Must be able to find instrument trays quickly in case of emergency in the OR. Must be able to communicate to doctors, surgeons, nursing staff and other employees. Must know the names of instruments and what they are used for and how to clean and sterilize them.
Cons
no over time. Not enough employees available to complete work in timely manner
Terrible morale
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 2, 2016
I worked in the behavioral health department for a few years.

The front line staff work endless hours and truly care about the people they are helping. It was a very rewarding experience professionally.

However, management rarely complimented the work that was done and truly had no idea how hard the job actually was. They preferred to point out our flaws instead of acknowledging our strengths. This resulted in very poor morale. "people don't leave jobs they leave managers" and that was certainly the case in my experience.
Pros
Decent benefits, great co-workers
Cons
Below average pay, punitive management team
Positive work environment with great experience.
Night Shift Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 5, 2016
FRMC provided me with my first leadership experience and it honed my skills as an ED nurse. Very positive work environment and experience.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHDecember 18, 2015
Manpower personnel are very helpful and quick to place you in a job. The good point of temporary work is you are able to turn down a position, and you get all sorts of experience in your desired field.
Great co-workers!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHNovember 18, 2015
The employees are the best part about Firelands. They are caring, compassionate, and become your "second family." The benefits are excellent and they offer competitive wages. Overall, the management team is supportive. As the organization becomes larger and busier, hours can become long; but this is most likely only temporary.
Pros
Good benefits, supportive management, annual family picnic
Cons
Sometimes not enough time to get job duties complete
Wonderful to have the opportunity to work at this hospital
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHOctober 14, 2015
I was a medical transcriber. I enjoyed typing the dr.'s reports. I worked with wonderful people. The starting pay was outstanding. I learned that I should have stayed with the company until better hours came available.
Professional and fun atmosphere
Volunteer for Speech Language Pathology Dept (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHAugust 24, 2015
When volunteering at Firelands Regional Medical Center Speech Pathology Department, I have gained many useful tools I can use in my future. I worked one on one with patients helping them fulfill their short term goals to become closer to reaching their long term goals. I also got to witness the other side of the job that deals with endless amounts of paperwork and insurance companies. Each day was a new learning experience that has only enhanced my passion for helping others.
Pros
supportive, friendly workers
Cons
n/a
Employees are very enjoyable to work with.
Gift Shop Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJune 7, 2015
Overall my job is not to bad. I enjoy working with the volunteers and the public. The employees are great. The working conditions are very nice.
Pros
The benefits
Loved working there.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHApril 16, 2015
I worked there during my pregnancy and the people there were very family friendly. Loved the ladies I worked with in the housekeeping department!!
I get to be of service to others
Certified Peer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 4, 2015
I have an awesome team that I work with. We are able to bounce ideas and concerns off each other without judgement. I have learned about how the Voc. Rehab programs work. Hardest part is the position and program is brand new so its been a learning experience. What I enjoy most is being able to be of service to those on their on personal recovery journey.
Pros
m-f 8-430, benefits
Cons
management has a tendency to "micro" manage.
great learning experience, loved my co-workers
Certified Registered Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 12, 2015
started out not knowing anything about the sterile process, everyone was very helpful and encouraging, I learned fast and had to keep learning as the medical equipment we dealt with is changing rapidly. The hardest part of this job is knowing peoples lives can change if you make mistakes in the sterilization process, so you have to meticulous with your work. Since I have always believed that you should do the best job you can do no matter what job it is this is a job I took pride in doing.
Pros
the opportunity to learn new things, made alot of friends
Cons
the department was small at the time i worked there and i was not able to work the shifts i needed
Great place to work, great team efforts within the organization.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJune 4, 2014
Great place to work, good benefits, fair management and ability for growth and learning opportunities. Caring and conscience of care is very important to staff.
Busy In-patient Behavioral Health Unit
Case Manager Psychiatric (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OhMay 27, 2014
Assist with admission, concurrent, discharge and retro reviews with insurance companies; arranged discharge plans for patients including transportation, housing, medication assistance, nursing home placement, guardianship and power-of-attorney
Pros
good benefits
Cons
salary
pharmacy residency
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHApril 27, 2014
N/A: order entry, daily rounding, activities vary based on rotation.

Firelands Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location