Firelands Regional Medical Center

Firelands Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Undergoing Alot of Change with bad management
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHNovember 10, 2017
Firelands Medical Center is a good place to work. Currently the lab is undergoing a lot of changes. With bad management at the lead of the changes it makes it for a place to work right now. Management does whatever they see fit with no concern on how things affect employees. Management does not effectively communicate with staff and does not effectively use good employees
Waste of time
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHNovember 6, 2017
Unless you kiss up to your superiors, you will never advance in position here. Horrible supervisors and department director. Staff are overworked and wayyyy underpaid.
Pros
Lunch on site, vending machines, discounts
Cons
Poor management
productive
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OH 44870November 1, 2017
Productive, challenging place to work. Friendly, supportive environment. Great leadership and team oriented atmosphere. The only con for me is the drive.
Cons
distance drive
Unit Co-Ordinator
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OhioOctober 26, 2017
It was a good place to work but I felt I did more of the orderly work than the job I was hired for as Unit Co-Ordinator. Long hours & drive with little compensation.
Pros
parking & discounts on services & prescriptions.
Cons
The long hours & long drive from Toledo
Good Place To Start
Certified Registered Central Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHOctober 9, 2017
Firelands is a good place to start. They have really good staff education, and learning opportunities. The compensation is lower than the national average.
Educational and Experience
Internship (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OH 44870August 16, 2017
Learned new software
Management is great
Workplace culture is great
Enjoy working with everyone in the office and the patients
Intern in two different offices and both are very educational
Your replaceable unless your Friends or Family***
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHAugust 2, 2017
I was there for years. I did not have Friends or Family there when I got hired. I was always given the workload nobody wanted not to mention the hardest . And I was not even given fair pay or bonuses. After many years of hard work and great reviews with many performance awards when a fulltime position finally came up it was given to an outsider of the department which was Friends with the Big Boss. Very ungreatfull to the common hard working individual. No job security unless your Friends or Family they will replace you whenever and with whoever they wish.
Pros
Co workers were friendly and professional
Cons
Bosses were unfair and heartless
Excellent Place to work
Outpatient Clinician (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJuly 28, 2017
Seeing clients was the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with documentation. Managment was helpful and very supportive. Workplace culture friendly and accepting. Interested in client well being. Offerred opportunity to learn with many CEU's credits available.
Pros
Excellent supervison. Caring work culture
Cons
Too many clients for hours in day. paperwork
Good experience
Unit Coordinator/Orderly (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJune 18, 2017
For someone going into the healthcare field, this is a great place to work to get some experience and make sure it is something that you want to do with your life.
Does not value long standing hard working Employees
Home Health (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJune 5, 2017
Friends and Family are 1st before anything. Everyone is replaceable unless you are one or the other. Family/Friends by far are treated better with job assignments/hours given as they are always 1st and foremost. Wages and time off are too not equal to regular Employees. Director will replace you no matter how long your employment they do not value or care about their staff if someone they know wants your job they get it.
Pros
Benefits/some
Cons
No Equal Employment here
Quiet, work at your own pace environment
Receptionist, Firelands Physicians Group office (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMay 31, 2017
I was given the necessary tools to fulfill my duties as a receptionist in the Firelands Physician Group billing office which included taking incoming calls and distributing mail.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Did not interact with people all the time
Good place
Human Resources File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMay 17, 2017
Overall nice people and treat employees/volunteers well. I had good managers and would recommend this company to anyone if necessary. Friendly place to be.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benefits
Job at firelands
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMay 11, 2017
I love my job at firelands i just have a growing family and need to accomodate them more. with doing this i need to switch jobs and find a job that is on day shift not on second shift
Making of close relationships with co-workers and physicians
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMay 11, 2017
fast paced/stressful a times/ability to multi-task is crucial/ability to learn quickly and be able to main composure during stressful times/able to communicate with physicians and public on a daily basis and maintain HIPPA compliance.
Pros
fast paced/always different
Cons
never routine
"Big enough to care for you, small enough to care about you."
PAC (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMay 5, 2017
What started out as a job to get me through school became an opportunity to grow within the company. My dedication and hard work took me from an entry-level position to promotion after promotion after promotion. Hard work really does pay off!! If you are willing to work hard, have a great attitude, are committed to your job and are enthusiastic, then Firelands is the place for you. There are so many different departments within the organization, that the opportunities are endless! So...what are you waiting for?
Worst RN Workplace in the Area
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMay 2, 2017
The pay is about a decade behind the times. The management is worse than horrible, there are people sitting in roles simply because they've always sat in them. Extremely antiquated practices, management style, and philosophy of care. Technologically behind, does not offer advanced training to nursing staff and thus is a horrible place to try to advance your skills or knowledge. I wouldn't recommend working here to any person. Ever.
Pros
Not busy, so your patient load is lower if you're tired of being overworked, I suppose this could be a pro.
Cons
Essentially every single thing you can think of: pay, benefits, on the job training, preceptorship experience, management interactions and practices
do not value employees
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Firelands Regional Medical CenterApril 22, 2017
No loyalty to long standing excellent employees. Will get rid of you for no reason at all. Management is terrible won't listen to anything you have to say and if you can't help them climb the ladder you are not important. Relatives of administration can do and act whatever way they please with no repercussions.
Cons
Top notch care from a wonderful healthcare facility
Financial Counselor / Registration (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHApril 13, 2017
Firelands Regional Medical Center is a wonderful place to work. The people are excellent to work with, and the benefits that we receive are "top notch".
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Common
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 27, 2017
Unless you want to spend a lot of money on an education you can't use don't bother. Too long of hours and not enough money. Too short lunches. No time.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 5, 2017
I have loved working @ FRMC since my first day. Throughout the years I have learned that every unit is different but most emplyees are willing to help a new employee get acclimated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firelands Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Firelands Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location