Firelands Regional Medical Center

Firelands Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHDecember 18, 2015
Manpower personnel are very helpful and quick to place you in a job. The good point of temporary work is you are able to turn down a position, and you get all sorts of experience in your desired field.
Great co-workers!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHNovember 18, 2015
The employees are the best part about Firelands. They are caring, compassionate, and become your "second family." The benefits are excellent and they offer competitive wages. Overall, the management team is supportive. As the organization becomes larger and busier, hours can become long; but this is most likely only temporary.
Pros
Good benefits, supportive management, annual family picnic
Cons
Sometimes not enough time to get job duties complete
Wonderful to have the opportunity to work at this hospital
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHOctober 14, 2015
I was a medical transcriber. I enjoyed typing the dr.'s reports. I worked with wonderful people. The starting pay was outstanding. I learned that I should have stayed with the company until better hours came available.
Professional and fun atmosphere
Volunteer for Speech Language Pathology Dept (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHAugust 24, 2015
When volunteering at Firelands Regional Medical Center Speech Pathology Department, I have gained many useful tools I can use in my future. I worked one on one with patients helping them fulfill their short term goals to become closer to reaching their long term goals. I also got to witness the other side of the job that deals with endless amounts of paperwork and insurance companies. Each day was a new learning experience that has only enhanced my passion for helping others.
Pros
supportive, friendly workers
Cons
n/a
Employees are very enjoyable to work with.
Gift Shop Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJune 7, 2015
Overall my job is not to bad. I enjoy working with the volunteers and the public. The employees are great. The working conditions are very nice.
Pros
The benefits
Loved working there.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHApril 16, 2015
I worked there during my pregnancy and the people there were very family friendly. Loved the ladies I worked with in the housekeeping department!!
I get to be of service to others
Certified Peer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 4, 2015
I have an awesome team that I work with. We are able to bounce ideas and concerns off each other without judgement. I have learned about how the Voc. Rehab programs work. Hardest part is the position and program is brand new so its been a learning experience. What I enjoy most is being able to be of service to those on their on personal recovery journey.
Pros
m-f 8-430, benefits
Cons
management has a tendency to "micro" manage.
great learning experience, loved my co-workers
Certified Registered Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 12, 2015
started out not knowing anything about the sterile process, everyone was very helpful and encouraging, I learned fast and had to keep learning as the medical equipment we dealt with is changing rapidly. The hardest part of this job is knowing peoples lives can change if you make mistakes in the sterilization process, so you have to meticulous with your work. Since I have always believed that you should do the best job you can do no matter what job it is this is a job I took pride in doing.
Pros
the opportunity to learn new things, made alot of friends
Cons
the department was small at the time i worked there and i was not able to work the shifts i needed
Great place to work, great team efforts within the organization.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJune 4, 2014
Great place to work, good benefits, fair management and ability for growth and learning opportunities. Caring and conscience of care is very important to staff.
Busy In-patient Behavioral Health Unit
Case Manager Psychiatric (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OhMay 27, 2014
Assist with admission, concurrent, discharge and retro reviews with insurance companies; arranged discharge plans for patients including transportation, housing, medication assistance, nursing home placement, guardianship and power-of-attorney
Pros
good benefits
Cons
salary

Want to know more about Firelands Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
pharmacy residency
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHApril 27, 2014
N/A: order entry, daily rounding, activities vary based on rotation.
Excelllent Learning opportunity
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 26, 2014
This opportunity to intern with a RHIT professional was outstanding. I was able to sit in on department meetings, file, fax, copy, and work the front desk answering multi-line phone system.
Very busy office setting.
Transcriptionist I (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 7, 2014
Very busy office setting. Very hard working co-workers. Very much enjoyed in-home transcription. A lot of secretarial experience after 22 years.
excellent place to work
Orderly/Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHDecember 17, 2013
a great place to work, everyone is really friendly. The staff is very supportive, and will help with anything you need.
Fast paced
Security Officer - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJuly 10, 2013
Work with a lot of different people on a daily basis. Fast paced job with critical skills required.
Productive busy work place
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHApril 25, 2013
Performed all staff duties on med/surg/oncology unit. I work twelve hour shifts from 7a to 7:30p. The nursing staff are amazing. Everyone is willing to jump in and help out when needed.
Patient Intake Registrar Home Health.
LPN-Home Health/Patient Intake Registrar (Former Employee) –  Sandusky OHDecember 27, 2012
Was a great job with lots of benefits & very hectic. The only thing I can say negatively is there were to many bosses trying to operate the office & they didn't always agree. Which in turn created havoc @ times. Most of my reponsibilites were receiving a patient referrals & after verifications, staffing it with appropriate disciplines. I loved the interaction with various people outside of our office a had a very good repoire with them. I left due to some health issues and now after surgery have recovered and am ready to get back into the working world. Thanks!
Pros
respected hospital & met goals & broke records for intake.
Cons
too much friction between employees & managers. very unprofessional @ times.
Positive Atmosphere to work in, pleasant people in each department
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHNovember 19, 2012
Schedule was pretty my 8-5 unless there was a special event.
Good Place To Work. Benefits are excellent. Pay is slightly below average norms.
Allied Health Employee. (Former Employee) –  Main Campus, Sandusky, Ohio.March 4, 2012
Good place to work for. They are the largest employer in an area where economic repression exists especially in the manufacturing sector. The surronding area is well known for jobs that exist in the tourist trade. Crime is relatively low as compared to average norms. Living outside of Sandusky proper contributes further to this fact.
Pros
good benefits, strong presence in the local community.
Cons
pay is below average norms.