Fireman's Fund Insurance Company

Fireman's Fund Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Productive fun place
Account Representative (Former Employee), San Diego CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Flex time
Cons: Lost compressed work week
All good. People very warm and the culture is the best. However, the personal lines side of it is no longer part of the parent company.
Good Company, sad to see it go.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Corporate Headquarters, Novato, CaliforniaJuly 13, 2015
Formerly a great place to work, now being dismantled by parent company/corporate giant, Allianz Global & Specialty.

Overall a very positive experience for me, but not for everyone. Things seemed great on the surface but, I learned that just because one works hard, is loyal and a team player, does not exempt one from office politics. While I loved the people I worked with, it was impossible, at times, to avoid hearing others gossip about their coworkers. I suppose that misunderstandings and conflicts happen, but it is how one deals with such things internally that makes the difference. I tried always to remain positive and not to assume anything about anybody. Personally, I found my coworkers always welcoming, helpful and kind. They all had a lot of pride in the company, and FFIC's contributions to the community, but did not always trust the management, as it seemed to be constantly changing, due to the involvement of Allianz. Still I feel everyone did their best, with very few exceptions.

It is a shame that, after 152 years, the Fireman's Fund Insurance Company will soon cease to exist.
Fireman's fund is now AGCS
Underwriting (Former Employee), Home OfficeJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, great people, flexibility, able to work remotely when necessary.
Cons: Unstable environment
There are a lot of changes at this organization. I hope that the changes will have a positive impact on underwriting results. The people are the greatest and the company is full of potential.
I started Fireman's Fund as an receptionist and worked my way up to legal secretary and legal assistant.
Staff Counsel Legal Assistant/Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Free legal advice
Cons: Walking to the office from the train station.
A typical day consisted of checking our calendar for the day for court dates, appointments, depositions,etc. The attorneys would usually dictate the evening before after work and court, and from there I would follow their instructions; upcoming tasks to be done for that day, i.e. typing interrogatories, motions, booking reservations for travel. I learned a lot about legal issues pertaining to worker's compensation. The hardest part was the winter months, walking from the train station to the office. The most enjoyable part of the job was the perks of working with attorneys, free legal advice, etc.
Enjoy my co-workers
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOJune 10, 2015
I have worked with many of the same co-workers for over 10 years. Management has given us the authority to make decisions on claims within our payment authority.
Good Company
Underwriting Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 22, 2015
Pros: Lots of employee recognition from management and coworkers
Cons: Not very many
I initially started as a temp worker and was hired on as a full-time employee within a week.

I moved to a different department within a two year time frame and had a lot of good managers that helped nurture me to sharpen my skills so I was prepared for any other position I might have wanted.

Nice place to work, I stayed there for eleven years.
A company which cared for the employees.
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 19, 2015
Pros: flexible and goal oriented company
Cons: too many meetings
I started my day with checking my voice mail, taking notes of the calls and forward them to the assigned personnel.Ordered supplies
Updated the diaries on payments received , helped with writeoffs and commision statements.The coworkers were very friendly and hard working. The hardest part was archiving files at the end of the year. I enjoyed working and being part of a great company.
productive and a fun place with a weight room and pool.
Marketing Consultant- (Current Employee), 77 san Marin Dr. Novato Ca 94998April 17, 2015
Pros: Cafe, Dry cleaners, flexable work schedules
Cons: this job could have use another person to balance out the work
I love the multi tasking in the multiple roles that I play. The management team rocks and my co-workers are fantastic. I love the customer services and working with my internal and external customers
Very good Company to work for
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2015
Pros: very good environment for advancement
Excellent training company, at the time many departments of which to advance......Very professional company, One of the best companies to work for...good benefits. I had many promotions within company.
Changing times
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Bay Area and San Diego AreaMarch 12, 2015
Pros: Always changing, new challenges and opportunities
Cons: Always changing - it is a duel edge sword
FFIC has been faced with the realities of a changing business and organization structure. They are addressing in a professional and mindful way.
Great place to work. Wonderful people.
Senior Word Processing Technician (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJMarch 9, 2015
Worked as a transcriptionist. I really enjoyed transcribing documents and letters. All the employees were great to work with. Everything was a team effort.

Management was great.
IT Operations
IT Operations Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Novato, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Typical tasks include change management, application server management, project work, server builds, application and server monitoring, research, inventory control, data protection-backups and restores.
Insurance company dependent on it's parent
Sr. Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Novato, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Property and Casualty insurance company, head quarters in Novato, CA.
Internal Audit department is great to work in: interesting work, good work life balance, opportunities for development.
Finance department is fine to work in due to its size hence the opportunities to learn new responsibilities
Excess Specialty Property Insurance
Underwriter Senior Specialist Technician (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: good benefits
While working in the above positions, I was responsible for policy and endorsement issuance, gathering location and property data to input into Excel templates for underwriting purposes and catastrophe mapping. I handled premium booking and account receivables processing, broker support services and administrative and clerical functions to include file maintenance, mail handling and office supply management.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Account Associate (Current Employee), O'Fallon MOJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: company being sold to ace
Fireman's Fund is a great place to work with great people. They do an exception job at hiring each worker- which has created a great group of people to work with, they offer great benefits, and reward hard workers.
Great Company
Account Representative (Current Employee), O'Fallon, MOJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: pay benifits gym time off
Cons: changing ownership
Great Company to work for. Good Work life balance, Upper management changes often. Family benefits, thorough training with time to learn your job. Lots of paid time off and holidays. Super friendly happy employees. A typical day consists on working my assisnged work. Overtime is available
A terrific company to work for
Senior Underwriting Service Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: every friday was a dress-down day
A typical day was usually a busy one, handling policies, endorsements and claim issues.
My co-workers we worked as a Team.
Diverse Sourcing Opportunities
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee), Novato, CAJanuary 2, 2015
Working at Fireman's Fund you have multiple opportunities to learn various types of sourcing opportunities over all commodities. Fireman's Fund is now going through a change and the parent company, Allianz, is dismantling the company and selling off one portion and integrating the other portion with a sister company.
Claims Service Associate/ CSA Sr (Current Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 9, 2014
Pros: great with fitness/ health practices
Cons: it's not what you know it's who you know
Assisting customers (i.e. adjusters and other internal sources) with claim related issues. I have gained an abundance of knowledge relating insurance (i.e. auto, general liability, property and workers compensation). My co-workers are amazingly generous with knowledge sharing. The hardest part of the job is maintaining open lines of communication within departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with such friendly, fun, and caring individuals.
An organization rich in history with strong ties to the communities in which it serves.
AVP (Current Employee), Novato, CaliforniaDecember 2, 2014
Broad range of opportunities, including international assignments.

1 2 3 4

About Fireman's Fund Insurance Company

Founded in 1863 , Fireman's Fund Insurance Company recently celebrated its 150th anniversary as a premier property and casualty – Read more

Fireman's Fund Insurance Company Salaries