Fireman's Fund Insurance Company

Fireman's Fund Insurance Company Employee Reviews

A company which cared for the employees.
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 19, 2015
Pros: flexible and goal oriented company
Cons: too many meetings
I started my day with checking my voice mail, taking notes of the calls and forward them to the assigned personnel.Ordered supplies
Updated the diaries on payments received , helped with writeoffs and commision statements.The coworkers were very friendly and hard working. The hardest part was archiving files at the end of the year. I enjoyed working and being part of a great company.
productive and a fun place with a weight room and pool.
Marketing Consultant- (Current Employee), 77 san Marin Dr. Novato Ca 94998April 17, 2015
Pros: Cafe, Dry cleaners, flexable work schedules
Cons: this job could have use another person to balance out the work
I love the multi tasking in the multiple roles that I play. The management team rocks and my co-workers are fantastic. I love the customer services and working with my internal and external customers
Very good Company to work for
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2015
Pros: very good environment for advancement
Excellent training company, at the time many departments of which to advance......Very professional company, One of the best companies to work for...good benefits. I had many promotions within company.
Changing times
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Bay Area and San Diego AreaMarch 12, 2015
Pros: Always changing, new challenges and opportunities
Cons: Always changing - it is a duel edge sword
FFIC has been faced with the realities of a changing business and organization structure. They are addressing in a professional and mindful way.
Great place to work. Wonderful people.
Senior Word Processing Technician (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJMarch 9, 2015
Worked as a transcriptionist. I really enjoyed transcribing documents and letters. All the employees were great to work with. Everything was a team effort.

Management was great.
IT Operations
IT Operations Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Novato, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Typical tasks include change management, application server management, project work, server builds, application and server monitoring, research, inventory control, data protection-backups and restores.
Insurance company dependent on it's parent
Sr. Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Novato, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Property and Casualty insurance company, head quarters in Novato, CA.
Internal Audit department is great to work in: interesting work, good work life balance, opportunities for development.
Finance department is fine to work in due to its size hence the opportunities to learn new responsibilities
Excess Specialty Property Insurance
Underwriter Senior Specialist Technician (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: good benefits
While working in the above positions, I was responsible for policy and endorsement issuance, gathering location and property data to input into Excel templates for underwriting purposes and catastrophe mapping. I handled premium booking and account receivables processing, broker support services and administrative and clerical functions to include file maintenance, mail handling and office supply management.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Account Associate (Current Employee), O'Fallon MOJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: company being sold to ace
Fireman's Fund is a great place to work with great people. They do an exception job at hiring each worker- which has created a great group of people to work with, they offer great benefits, and reward hard workers.
Great Company
Account Representative (Current Employee), O'Fallon, MOJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: pay benifits gym time off
Cons: changing ownership
Great Company to work for. Good Work life balance, Upper management changes often. Family benefits, thorough training with time to learn your job. Lots of paid time off and holidays. Super friendly happy employees. A typical day consists on working my assisnged work. Overtime is available
A terrific company to work for
Senior Underwriting Service Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: every friday was a dress-down day
A typical day was usually a busy one, handling policies, endorsements and claim issues.
My co-workers we worked as a Team.
Diverse Sourcing Opportunities
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee), Novato, CAJanuary 2, 2015
Working at Fireman's Fund you have multiple opportunities to learn various types of sourcing opportunities over all commodities. Fireman's Fund is now going through a change and the parent company, Allianz, is dismantling the company and selling off one portion and integrating the other portion with a sister company.
Claims Service Associate/ CSA Sr (Current Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 9, 2014
Pros: great with fitness/ health practices
Cons: it's not what you know it's who you know
Assisting customers (i.e. adjusters and other internal sources) with claim related issues. I have gained an abundance of knowledge relating insurance (i.e. auto, general liability, property and workers compensation). My co-workers are amazingly generous with knowledge sharing. The hardest part of the job is maintaining open lines of communication within departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with such friendly, fun, and caring individuals.
An organization rich in history with strong ties to the communities in which it serves.
AVP (Current Employee), Novato, CaliforniaDecember 2, 2014
Broad range of opportunities, including international assignments.
Just insurance
Account Executive (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2014
Okay job. I was hired on in a massive hiring operation but the jobs were slowly transferred to another state.
Great people, rocky executive path
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Novato CAOctober 9, 2014
It is a great place to work, unfortunately will not be given direction from the top.
Good
Application Developer (Former Employee), bSeptember 27, 2014
My first team which helped me in nurturing my skills and gave me the freedom to explore at the same time
Great Benefits
Quote Team Senior Account Associate (Current Employee), O'Fallon, MOSeptember 17, 2014
I have been working at Fireman's Fund Insurance full-time for more than 3 years. Benefits, 401k match, Paid holidays off, Vacation time, Great co-workers, On-site fitness center, Flexible work time, Work/life balance. The con's are not being able to work remotely when needed, Hard to move up not a lot of learning and devolpment,
CEO turnover rate
Excellent company to work for but management requires additional training on how to manage in general and their employees..
Associate Underwriter (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: training
Reviewed Risk Services (Loss Control) undewriting survey inspections. Reviewed renewal accounts with renewal applications.
Liaison between our Direct Bill department and our producers regarding policy billing information.
Reviewed underwriting endorsement referrals withing my authority for processing. Requested missing underwriting information as required to process. Provided rating information for the Operations department to process.
Provided input and guidance for Commercial/Farm & Ranch Underwriters and Rater on all issues related to assigned new business and renewal accounts.
Wonderful company to work for....
Senior Workers' Compensation Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Novato, CASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: career opportunities, progressive environment wonderful people
Progressive company dedicated to their employees and customers. Many outstanding benefits and opportunities.

1 2 3 4

About Fireman's Fund Insurance Company

Founded in 1863 , Fireman's Fund Insurance Company recently celebrated its 150th anniversary as a premier property and casualty – Read more

Fireman's Fund Insurance Company Salaries