Firestone Building Products Employee Reviews

Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Prescott, ARAugust 15, 2017
Ran the line and used all the warehouse equipment very fast paced job made sure the belt never got jammed.. loaded and unloaded in a safe manner ... good job
Pros
Cons
Don't have any
The people are great to work with but, its hard work. The pay is pretty good and benefits are decent. Managment can be difficult to deal with.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AR 71857August 4, 2017
Its a very demanding job. At times it can be really stressful and management can be very unstable and difficult to deal with. It is under going some changes right now. So that may gey better. The work is like I said very demanding. No two days are ever the same but, there are the repetitive calls. Everyone gets along for the most part.
Pros
Decent benefits and fair pay
Cons
Management and long work days
Competitive but laid back
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Beech Grove, INAugust 3, 2017
Firestone is a great place to work with many great people. I would recommend this company to anyone that likes fast pace competitive but a pretty laid back place to work.
A very awesome place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCJuly 24, 2017
Firestone has been one of the best jobs I have ever had. The work environment was safe and the CEO cared about the people that worked their. They gave us bonus and other incentives while working their until it closed.
My Job at Firestone Building Products
Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Prescott, ARJune 29, 2017
I have been employed with Firestone Building Products for nearly 4 years. I enjoy my work, but at this point in my life, I would like to look for something different. We do a 12 hour work schedule with a rotating shift. I enjoy working in management and if I had to say what the hardest part of my job is, it would be working nights. I have learned SAP while at Firestone which I think will help me in future endeavors.
Good Company overall
Line-3 Operator (Current Employee) –  Wellford, SCJune 23, 2017
Firestone Manufactures roofing material on the commercial side. Very safety oriented company and very clean work environment. Management needs improvement.
Pros
Good Work Scedule and Good Pay
Cons
Management does not comunicate and do not want to disapline employees.
I wish they would have stayed in Indy
Customer Service Representative / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2017
I have 0 negative things to say about Firestone Building Products. They are an amazing company who has amazing management. I just wish they were not moving to Nashville. I could have honestly retired from that place. My managers / supervisors were 5*. They were super understanding and would understand if family issues arise and you had to leave for the day. They would make sure that your accounts are covered and that your accounts are not left un-watched.
Pros
Cons
They are moving to Nashville.
Great pay. Terrible work environment.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TXJune 3, 2017
No work/ home life balance. No place for advancement or promotion. Management is not in tune with the production process, so decisions are made that affect production in a negative way.
Relaxed company to work for however change is an issue
Building Systems Advisor (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 25, 2017
The company is a division under Bridgestone Americas. Bridgestone is moving all headquarters to Nashville. Personal situation does not allow me to go with the company therefore I will be losing my job. So, while I am upset about this I do have faith I will find success in the future. However, I do like working for Firestone and wish they could have worked with me about working from home or in a satellite office. So, I am disappointed they are leaving I am happy for the experience I gained there.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Company tends to hire upper management positions outside of the office instead of promoting with in.
Overall great job!
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2017
My only issue is HR and one of the team leaders everyone else was top of the line employees. The balance of work and life is perfect and the pay was great!
Pros
great pay
Cons
Constant schedule changes
Great Place Work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 5, 2017
Great place to work. Great people. Wish them the best on their move to Nashville. I have enjoyed my time at Firestone and have learned a tremendous amount while there.
Firestone
Operator (Former Employee) –  Tuscumbia, ALMarch 29, 2017
Firestone can be a good place to work its just management is bad and supervisors can not be trusted. the workers work more against each other rather than with each other
I loved working with a lot of different prople
Roofing Rubber Inspector (Former Employee) –  Prescott, ARMarch 27, 2017
A typical day at work at Firestone was challenging. You had to work with a lot of different people and they're attitudes. That was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part was working with people who really wanted to work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
People with crazy attitudes
Low morale and lacks diversity
Management (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 13, 2016
FSBP needs to break the glass ceiling and expand diversity. Focus seems to be on bonus and not on people and morale. FSBP needs to improve on people relationships and better transitioning.
Cons
Morale, minimum diversity, poor management
Bumpy Transition
Specification Writer/Label Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2016
FSBP would be a great company to work for. Transition is hindering morale and their attempts to become a great place to work. There is great potential at FSBP. After transition, I think it will be a better place to work.
Pros
Potential
Cons
Low morale
Great place to work..
Production Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTNovember 10, 2016
Over all best company to work for.. safety is there top priority... daily jobs were very easy everyone along.. supervisor was very respectful.. learned to operate machines
Pros
Cons
Nothimg
Not to much to say.
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Wellford, SCOctober 25, 2016
I will not go into great detail bout Michelin because I really did not work there long enough to get the best feel for the company.
no room for improvements,management do not care about employees and their needs
machine operator/insulation boards (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTOctober 20, 2016
work place was a good one but a new management arrive and make the job not likeable.no room for improvement,no new salary. no matter how much you know management is always on the defense and retaliate when an employee speaks his mind.
Pros
start pay
Cons
no raises, stuck in same pay
Very good place to work
client support specialist II (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 14, 2016
I was a problem solver for the clients. That included internal and external. What ever fire started, I had to extinguish
excellent company with opportunity to grow
Customer Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2016
While I've only work here a year and will not be making the move to Nashville, it is a great company to work for. They understand the work/life balance which I appreciate. They reward their employees for a job well done so they do motivate you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firestone Building Products. Our community is ready to answer.

Firestone Building Products Reviews by Location