Firestone Building Products Employee Reviews

Great Company with an outstanding safety program.
lead extruder operator (Former Employee) –  Tuscumbia, ALFebruary 9, 2016
Swing shift schedule with a hand off meeting every shift, Opportunity to grow within the company, Each employee has the opportunity to further education and set goals that management helps them meet. All companies have there pros and cons, Such as an enjoyable environment and being able to train in all departments, but being a rotating swing shift it was hard some times to balance out sleep and everyday living responsibility's. Furthermore everyone help each other and made work quite enjoyable.
Pros
Great pay, Paid lunch
Cons
Rotating swing shift
Busy at all times of the year
Submittal Drafter (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNJanuary 11, 2016
We always had work to do at all times of the year. Hours were not long as we were not allowed overtime. The benefit package was excellent.
benefits
Cons
terrible management
Available and willing to learn
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Broward County, FLNovember 11, 2015
Seeking a paralegal or legal assistant position in a solid company where all my skills and knowledge obtained throughout my education in the field of Legal Studies and Paralegal will be utilized toward the growth and development of the company as well as my own.
ENJOYED WORKING WITH MY CO WORKERS
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN FOR BRIDGESTONE (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 5, 2015
LIKE SOME BIG BUSINESSES TODAY, YOU WORK TO PROVIDE INCOME FOR YOUR FAMILY, AND THE MINUTE YOU GET SICK AND CANNOT PRODUCE ANYMORE, THE COMPANY RELEASES YOU, AND NEVER LOOKS BACK. THIS COMPANY ALSO BLACKLISTS YOU ONCE YOU ARE RELEASED FROM THE COMPANY.
Pros
THE PEOPLE ARE A JOY TO WORK WITH
Cons
LONG HOURS, AND SUPER HOT IN THE SUMMER
very productive
Folder/ Wind Up Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Prescott, ARSeptember 20, 2015
This job i started opening up and communicating alot more than usual. Iwas always shy and quiet focused only on my work. One of the best jobs i had.
Pros
benefits, days off, made good friends
Cons
job ended
Fun place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DeForest, WiSeptember 3, 2015
I enjoyed my day to day activities there. My co-workers were like family and the managers treated me well. I was supervisor for 4 years and liked my job.
Enjoyable work enviroment
Facility Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTAugust 29, 2015
When working at FireStone I found the managment and fellow coworkers to be pleasant and productive. Going to work day to day was enjoyable due to the feeling of safety and the overall good atmosphere.
Great Pay, and Bonuses
Chemical Batcher [batch maker] (Former Employee) –  Latonia, KYJuly 16, 2015
Great Pay, Long Hours, Big Bonuses, Fun Work. Worked 6-7 12 hour days. Best for a single person. Great 401k. Could retire early if someone puts all the hours in every day and saves. Great Japanese Co. that takes care of its employees.
Pros
Great Pay, Bonuses
Cons
Hot, Long Hours
Good people, highly profitable
Director of Commercial Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 1, 2015
Firestone Building Products is a little-known part of Bridgestone Americas with ultimate parent, Bridgestone Japan. Firestone Building Products is highly profitable with very capable teammates.
Pros
All teammates bonus eligible!
Cons
Entire company moving to Nashville, TN in 4th quarter 2017
I would not recommend this place to anyone
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Wellford, SCFebruary 18, 2015
After working here for over 8 years , through numerous layoffs and lots of adversity i was out sick recently and they were not willing to work with me at all. This shows that they do not care for there employees, to them you're just a clock number. I worked with some of the rudest and selfish people i have ever met and this includes management personnel.
Pros
the pay and bonuses were nice
Cons
overall poor attitude of workers and management
Best Company I Have Ever Worked For.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 10, 2015
Firestone Building Products was the best company I have ever had the pleasure of working for. They understood that when you hire an employee that is eager to learn and take on more responsibilities recognition and better compensation comes hand in hand. They made it a priority to invest in you as an employee just as you have invested your time into the company to work together to achieve the same goal. I enjoyed working with the Management team and all my co-workers.
The hardest part of my job was helping Management close the facility and seeing the look on our Plant Managers face when he broke the news to all of his hard working employees.
The most enjoyable part of my job was taking on more responsibilities and being given the opportunity to grow through training. I became a lead ISO9000 auditor for compliance with OSHA
Pros
health benefits, 401k, bonus, safety committees
Cons
plant closure
Great place to work most of the time
Operator, Production Tech, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Beech Grove, INNovember 3, 2014
They only need to work on company Employee communication better
good job for a small town
Wind-up Operator (Former Employee) –  kingstree sc.September 28, 2014
this was a good for the area, it paid the bills and kept food on the table.
Pros
good pay and bonus
Cons
backbiting co-workers
Fun Workplace
System Developer (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNAugust 6, 2014
Firestone Building Products has a very welcoming work environment. The management team is concern about the wellbeing of the employees. Firestone Building Products health and compensation package.
Daily challenges made this job very interesting and rewarding.
SENIOR BUYER AND SUPERVISOR FOR STORES (Former Employee) –  Prescott, ARMarch 4, 2014
Firestone is a good company to work for and the challenges it brings each day made it very interesting. It was rewarding to work with some the best people and helping with the developing of new products. I also enjoyed working with many vendors making sure that the plant had the supplies that was needed to run the factory.
Very productive, forward planning, devisified
AutoCAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 27, 2014
Many various areas covered, well educated management teams.
Pros
world wide sales
Cons
top heavy in many departments
Cutter and inspector
Cutter Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCFebruary 11, 2014
Cutting rubber sheets, inspecting them, and pulling rubber to the wind up.
Very good work environment with much camaraderie.
Pros
best place i ever worked!
Cons
due to personal health issues at that time i had to resign
Fast pace, safe environment
QC Tech/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTFebruary 7, 2014
Good leadership, busy long days in summer season with variable shifts. Safety top priority and quality a close second. Employees are taken care of very well by management.
Pros
free safety lunches, overtime offered
Cons
dusty environment may be tough to work in for many.
very productive workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Wellford, SCMay 29, 2013
It was a great job opportunity. It was 12hour shifts and The pay was great for the work load.
good production workers that is it.
batcher (Former Employee) –  corsicanaMay 4, 2013
good company to work for.supervisors were very mean very dirty glad i dont work ther anymore