Firestone Building Products Employee Reviews

Low morale and lacks diversity
Management (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 13, 2016
FSBP needs to break the glass ceiling and expand diversity. Focus seems to be on bonus and not on people and morale. FSBP needs to improve on people relationships and better transitioning.
Cons
Morale, minimum diversity, poor management
Bumpy Transition
Specification Writer/Label Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2016
FSBP would be a great company to work for. Transition is hindering morale and their attempts to become a great place to work. There is great potential at FSBP. After transition, I think it will be a better place to work.
Pros
Potential
Cons
Low morale
Great place to work..
Production Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTNovember 10, 2016
Over all best company to work for.. safety is there top priority... daily jobs were very easy everyone along.. supervisor was very respectful.. learned to operate machines
Pros
Cons
Nothimg
Not to much to say.
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Wellford, SCOctober 25, 2016
I will not go into great detail bout Michelin because I really did not work there long enough to get the best feel for the company.
no room for improvements,management do not care about employees and their needs
machine operator/insulation boards (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTOctober 20, 2016
work place was a good one but a new management arrive and make the job not likeable.no room for improvement,no new salary. no matter how much you know management is always on the defense and retaliate when an employee speaks his mind.
Pros
start pay
Cons
no raises, stuck in same pay
Very good place to work
client support specialist II (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 14, 2016
I was a problem solver for the clients. That included internal and external. What ever fire started, I had to extinguish
excellent company with opportunity to grow
Customer Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2016
While I've only work here a year and will not be making the move to Nashville, it is a great company to work for. They understand the work/life balance which I appreciate. They reward their employees for a job well done so they do motivate you.
New and exciting place to work
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Washington DCAugust 31, 2016
Firestone purchased the previous company I worked for which led to many opportunities within the company. A fast paced, results driven, team approach to sales was an enjoyable environment to work in.
Productive workplace, with great employees
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Beech Grove, INJuly 26, 2016
I love the employees and my co-workers, although I believe a lot of the things there are to love about the workplace are changing.
Pros
Great employees, and pay
Cons
Poor management, and poor Scheduling
Excellent company to work for.
Product Development Scientist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 25, 2016
Very nice employees and excellent company culture. The company is putting more and more focus on people. Overall, I enjoy working there.
Great place to wotk
Electrical/Energy Projects Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 29, 2016
I have worked at Firestone for 19 years now as an electrical distribution and facilities engineer and enjoyed almost every day of that time. It is too bad they have decided to close there Indianapolis office.
Good Pay
MATERIAL HANDLER II (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAMay 8, 2016
Maybe not the best place due the management structure but far from the worst manufacturing facility in Atlanta. Hard to ive up the ranks from production.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Hard work environment to work under
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 4, 2016
I tried to change systems within the warehouse to better the shipping & receiving department. If it was not my manager idea no changes would happen.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
The working environment.
This is an excellent place to work
Customer Support II (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 5, 2016
I love my job and would not even consider leaving but they are moving our whole office to the corporate office in Nashville, TN.
With my family situation I am unable to relocate at this time.
Good learning environment
Continuous Improvement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYMarch 20, 2016
Contract position, enjoyable people to work with, not able to be hired on full-time. Learned and wrote about chemicals employees worked with, equipment and job processes.
The Atlanta plant was truly a joy to come to work at.
Maintenance Technician / Manager (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAMarch 10, 2016
Firestone has been a great company to work for, they provide their teammates with training in Safety, Environmental, Fault Tree Analysis, Lean Thinking, 5S and many other opportunity to grow in your position.

The Atlanta plant was truly a joy to come to work at. All of us as teammates worked hard to see that our orders for our products were fill and delivered to the BOSS (our customers) to the highest quality, safely manufacture and delivered on time. From the plant manager down to the material handlers we were a team.

The hardest part was when Firestone Building Products announced that they were closing the plant.
Pros
Competitive Salary, Annual Bonus, and the temmate culture.
Cons
After 8 years Firestone desided to close our plant and not only ours but two others also.
Customer and quality-focused manager that provides the strategic vision that drives operational process, productivity, efficiency and bottom-line impr
2nd Shift Production Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAFebruary 20, 2016
Backed by the strength of a diversified multibillion dollar corporation, we offer excellent career opportunities, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit packages. And, with locations throughout North America, we are always looking for qualified candidates.
Great Company with an outstanding safety program.
lead extruder operator (Former Employee) –  Tuscumbia, ALFebruary 9, 2016
Swing shift schedule with a hand off meeting every shift, Opportunity to grow within the company, Each employee has the opportunity to further education and set goals that management helps them meet. All companies have there pros and cons, Such as an enjoyable environment and being able to train in all departments, but being a rotating swing shift it was hard some times to balance out sleep and everyday living responsibility's. Furthermore everyone help each other and made work quite enjoyable.
Pros
Great pay, Paid lunch
Cons
Rotating swing shift
Busy at all times of the year
Submittal Drafter (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNJanuary 11, 2016
We always had work to do at all times of the year. Hours were not long as we were not allowed overtime. The benefit package was excellent.
benefits
Cons
terrible management
Available and willing to learn
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Broward County, FLNovember 11, 2015
Seeking a paralegal or legal assistant position in a solid company where all my skills and knowledge obtained throughout my education in the field of Legal Studies and Paralegal will be utilized toward the growth and development of the company as well as my own.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firestone Building Products. Our community is ready to answer.

Firestone Building Products Reviews by Location