Firestone Building Products Employee Reviews

Overall great job!
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2017
My only issue is HR and one of the team leaders everyone else was top of the line employees. The balance of work and life is perfect and the pay was great!
Pros
great pay
Cons
Constant schedule changes
Great Place Work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 5, 2017
Great place to work. Great people. Wish them the best on their move to Nashville. I have enjoyed my time at Firestone and have learned a tremendous amount while there.
Firestone
Operator (Former Employee) –  Tuscumbia, ALMarch 29, 2017
Firestone can be a good place to work its just management is bad and supervisors can not be trusted. the workers work more against each other rather than with each other
I loved working with a lot of different prople
Roofing Rubber Inspector (Former Employee) –  Prescott, ARMarch 27, 2017
A typical day at work at Firestone was challenging. You had to work with a lot of different people and they're attitudes. That was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part was working with people who really wanted to work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
People with crazy attitudes
Low morale and lacks diversity
Management (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 13, 2016
FSBP needs to break the glass ceiling and expand diversity. Focus seems to be on bonus and not on people and morale. FSBP needs to improve on people relationships and better transitioning.
Cons
Morale, minimum diversity, poor management
Bumpy Transition
Specification Writer/Label Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2016
FSBP would be a great company to work for. Transition is hindering morale and their attempts to become a great place to work. There is great potential at FSBP. After transition, I think it will be a better place to work.
Pros
Potential
Cons
Low morale
Great place to work..
Production Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTNovember 10, 2016
Over all best company to work for.. safety is there top priority... daily jobs were very easy everyone along.. supervisor was very respectful.. learned to operate machines
Pros
Cons
Nothimg
Not to much to say.
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Wellford, SCOctober 25, 2016
I will not go into great detail bout Michelin because I really did not work there long enough to get the best feel for the company.
no room for improvements,management do not care about employees and their needs
machine operator/insulation boards (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTOctober 20, 2016
work place was a good one but a new management arrive and make the job not likeable.no room for improvement,no new salary. no matter how much you know management is always on the defense and retaliate when an employee speaks his mind.
Pros
start pay
Cons
no raises, stuck in same pay
Very good place to work
client support specialist II (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 14, 2016
I was a problem solver for the clients. That included internal and external. What ever fire started, I had to extinguish
excellent company with opportunity to grow
Customer Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2016
While I've only work here a year and will not be making the move to Nashville, it is a great company to work for. They understand the work/life balance which I appreciate. They reward their employees for a job well done so they do motivate you.
New and exciting place to work
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Washington DCAugust 31, 2016
Firestone purchased the previous company I worked for which led to many opportunities within the company. A fast paced, results driven, team approach to sales was an enjoyable environment to work in.
Productive workplace, with great employees
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Beech Grove, INJuly 26, 2016
I love the employees and my co-workers, although I believe a lot of the things there are to love about the workplace are changing.
Pros
Great employees, and pay
Cons
Poor management, and poor Scheduling
Excellent company to work for.
Product Development Scientist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 25, 2016
Very nice employees and excellent company culture. The company is putting more and more focus on people. Overall, I enjoy working there.
Great place to wotk
Electrical/Energy Projects Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 29, 2016
I have worked at Firestone for 19 years now as an electrical distribution and facilities engineer and enjoyed almost every day of that time. It is too bad they have decided to close there Indianapolis office.
Good Pay
MATERIAL HANDLER II (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAMay 8, 2016
Maybe not the best place due the management structure but far from the worst manufacturing facility in Atlanta. Hard to ive up the ranks from production.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Hard work environment to work under
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 4, 2016
I tried to change systems within the warehouse to better the shipping & receiving department. If it was not my manager idea no changes would happen.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
The working environment.
This is an excellent place to work
Customer Support II (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 5, 2016
I love my job and would not even consider leaving but they are moving our whole office to the corporate office in Nashville, TN.
With my family situation I am unable to relocate at this time.
Good learning environment
Continuous Improvement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYMarch 20, 2016
Contract position, enjoyable people to work with, not able to be hired on full-time. Learned and wrote about chemicals employees worked with, equipment and job processes.
The Atlanta plant was truly a joy to come to work at.
Maintenance Technician / Manager (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAMarch 10, 2016
Firestone has been a great company to work for, they provide their teammates with training in Safety, Environmental, Fault Tree Analysis, Lean Thinking, 5S and many other opportunity to grow in your position.

The Atlanta plant was truly a joy to come to work at. All of us as teammates worked hard to see that our orders for our products were fill and delivered to the BOSS (our customers) to the highest quality, safely manufacture and delivered on time. From the plant manager down to the material handlers we were a team.

The hardest part was when Firestone Building Products announced that they were closing the plant.
Pros
Competitive Salary, Annual Bonus, and the temmate culture.
Cons
After 8 years Firestone desided to close our plant and not only ours but two others also.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firestone Building Products. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval