Firestone Complete Auto Care Employee Reviews

Used to be good
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCJanuary 26, 2017
When I started with Firestone, it was an excellent company that cared a lot for it's employees, even the bottom run guys. A little over a years ago, they changed the corporate structure, and it has been a change for the worse. While it's easier to get ahold of upper management, the care for it's employees is not the same. There has been tremendous turn-over in the last few months, and it's getting worse. Compensation has dropped, benefits have tanked, and it's become a much more stressful company to work for. Daily quotas, weekly conference calls, driving 2 - 3+ hours for unnecessary training. It's just too much.
Pros
Decent compensation, health benefits fairly good.
Cons
Too much "blame game", work/life balance is horrible.
Long hours low pay. Can be rewarding.
Automotive Technician (B Technician) (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 31, 2016
For a flat rate technician your day will start at 6:30a.m. and end around 7:00p.m.. The store I work at has a new store manager with no service or tire manager. We are understaffed and are forced to work long hours with little pay. However, Firestone as a company is very rewarding to work for, they provide excellent training, they will pay for you to take the a.s.e. tests, and give you the opportunity to grow if you are motivated.
Pros
Training, growth opportunities, benefits.
Cons
long hours, poor management in some stores.
Low pay, long hours
Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 12, 2016
The advertised pay is based on incentive pay. The actual pay for management is around $19 which is way below retail standards, specially for service retail.
Also required hours are 48 per week which again is not proper work life balance.
The company has a lot of incentives and bonuses which are based on store performance in sales and such. But be aware that it is hard to make all requirements for the incentives and also you get taxed at higher rate on income labeled incentive.
Pros
Advancements
Cons
Low pay, long hours
Great place to work if you enjoy zero personal time
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  N Smithfield, RISeptember 13, 2016
Great company to work for if you have the proper staff. Staffing is always is always an issue. Finding a good technician to work for the company is hard because the shifts are long and they don't get paid very well.

Upper management is annoying at times. Consistently add more to your daily tasks. Can be overwhelming with the tasks.

The pay is great for a store manager and service manager.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, lots of paper work, support system not that good.
Not secured
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 14, 2016
Worked there , yes u will learn a lil about cars but it's super stressful and u can get fired anytime , no matter how hard ur working !!
Long hours and u go back to ur house dead!!!!
Benefits are fine but they take a lot out of ur pay . Like $1000 a month .
An angry customer can get u fired in a second even if it's not ur fault .
Managers will give ppl free stuff just to prevent a complaint.
If ur looking for a raise just forget it!!!!!! Coz they gonna tell u sell more and take bonuses!!! Again forget it coz the numbers u need to hit is almost impossible.
Firestone is a step in the automotive career so get in learn a lil then run forest runnn!!!!!
Pros
Teammates
Cons
Stressful like unhealthy stressful
Great place to learn hands on
SERVICE MANAGER (ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER) (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 23, 2017
It is a great place to learn hands on training in the Maintenance industry. Fast advancement with hard work, determination and dedication.
Pros
Salary, employee discounts
Cons
Great place to work if you have good co-workers and a busy shop.
C Technician (Former Employee) –  Valley, WAJanuary 9, 2017
Always had a 40 hour week. Firestone help pay for ASE certifications. The management was well informed and very nice to deal with. Co-workers were always fun and helpful. Hardest part of the job was the inconsistent business. Most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers and the interesting jobs each day.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hard seasonal times.
great opportunity
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Good opportunity for advancement and management. Pay could be better starting off. Culture is retailed so must have experience or background. High paced enviroment.
Typical Automotive Industry
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJanuary 7, 2017
Technicians are normally talked down to by service advisors that do not actually know about automotives. Favoritism is rampant and laziness is often rewarded if boots are shined enough. Typical corporation. Very good benefits, but lack of space for advancement makes most null and void
Management belittles people and criticizes you in front of customers
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOAugust 3, 2016
Great co workers. Had a blast in the shop learned more from the senior tech because lack of training. Was a gs for 4 months I moved up quick to an installer but they never had hired a gs after me. So as I got a promotion I still had to unload the truck weekly and got under paid for 90 tires plus 27 parts boxes to put away. Mind you it was a weekly thing. The manager verbally abuses you uses profanity to motivate you??? Blames you for everything that goes wrong and never takes responsibility when she messed up a job order. Threatened to not pay us if we did not have valve service kit in the order form after job was done. Bad place to work and expect 60 hour work weeks. If your a gs you will never get over 40 hours unless they have expenses for it.
Pros
Other technicians
Cons
Long hot hours. Under appreciated, management had lack of knowledge about cars
Competitive and bonus opportunity
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  New MexicoDecember 5, 2016
Upper Management Fails to pay attention to the needs of the employees much like most retail companies. Was top 3 in sales of a huge district for the year 3 months later I was fired for not getting one credit card app the previous week. Even though the store manager would take our credit apps. It was horrible.
Pros
Income potential
Cons
You are very disposable
Firestone is a good job
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 12, 2017
Firestone was a good fit for me at the time, I left because I had to relocate. Firestone is a good job and management is good too. I liked when I was able to work in this trade, I am certified in steering and suspension and brakes.
Pros
Firestone offer competitive projects.
Cons
Firestone take care of their employees.
For Single Men Only
Part Time/Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJanuary 13, 2017
This job is not for a married men that have families. This job takes away a lot of your time and the pay is not good. They pay by commission and it is a hassle to get customers to buy the services in order for you to get paid. Management is not good either. Depending where you are. I was with a dirty rat who wanted to prowl on people selling them services they did not need and hustling us the techs to hurry up on the job so he can get paid. The real work is us the techs busting our butt outside while sales people and management are relaxing inside and wanting everything done at a certain time. At times it was alright but most of the time management was a pain in the butt. This job takes too much of my time to be with my family. I opened at 5am and didn't come out til 7:30pm so where is the time with the family? That was Monday thru Sunday.
Pros
none unless you are single
Cons
All the above
Nice place to work
Heavy Line and Auto Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 1, 2017
This was a nice place to work if your looking to grow with a company and eventually you can move on to a larger company where you have great benefits and advancement
Good company, solid, not going anywhere. Needs better upper management. Need to hire more technically knowledgeable management.
Senior Lead Technician master certified specialist (Former Employee) –  Kc. MoJanuary 10, 2017
Good place to work, upper management has been changed to Tires Plus, with this change I no longer feel like family at work. These people don't care. I worked for them for 28 years, I recently tripped and fell, breaking my right arm and left knee cap, was sent back to work same day. Then I was written up for not moving the hose I tripped on, therefore causing injury to an employee (me ).
Pros
Lots of great people work here.fair pay
Cons
12 hour days short or no breaks
decent pay, no life
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 29, 2017
Work hard to help customers and sell services. We are told this is our business but don't get compensated as such. Managers work easily 60 hours a week.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
work-life balance, compensation
Firestone is a good place to start working if your young and want work and customer service experience.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 18, 2016
Firestone definitely teaches you the importance of getting out what you put in. If you are not prepared to work hard then the benefits will be minimal. co-workers are always changing. There are a lot of different variables that effect the work place because of the unique employees.
Great place to work if u love working on vehicles. It's an industry were you never stop learning.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Good benifits, great work environment. Great for the mechanicaly inclined individual. Only thing bad is geting approval for repairs on customers vehicles because they can be hard to reach at some points and you do get paid flag hours.Then again u can physically work 40 hours and get paid for 60 or more depending thecnitians pace.
Pros
Flat rate pay. Work 40 get payed for 50 or 60 depending on technitians pace and skills
Cons
Flat hour pay. Customers are hard to reach sometimes to get approval of repairs.
Auto Techs
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHJanuary 26, 2017
All Automotive Repairs, and Service... State of the Art Equipment, Nice facility, Good Benefits, Great Company.... I was there lead tech, and also trained....
Pros
Room for Advancement
Cons
Slow Periods
Fcac
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2017
Great Company with great Benefits. Store managers are expected to work a lot as all other employees are hourly associates. Stores are open 7 days a week.
Benefits
Cons
Support from upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firestone Complete Auto Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9