Firestone Complete Auto Care

Firestone Complete Auto Care Employee Reviews

5 or more days a week. 55 plus hours a week. good hard work.
General Technician (Former Employee), austin, txJune 25, 2015
mainly do lube changes and tire changes and alignments and brake jobs. if you are not bad at that and seem to make good decisions and proper recommendations and are willing to learn more and fix more, then you will succeed easy enough. but its hard work. fast paced and lots to do. of course, this will depend on the location. i worked off of RM 620 and 183. great coworkers, great managers. sometimes there are hic ups between the mechanics and salesman and customer. but thats corporate law so yea. hardest part is a 12-14 plus hour day with a 30 min lunch. im sure it depends on the location, but our guys would smoke, snack, eat, joke around plenty throughout the day. if you think your gonna stand around and get paid for scratching your rear end, go work in a department store. best part is being a mechanic and having a trade skill, working with good people, and just plain fixing stuff. oh yea, you get a base pay, or you get paid per flag hour. if there are no customers in a week, you get paid, just not as much. if there are lots of customers, you make more money. im not sure about the benefits and if your not an idiot, you have job security.
Always something new
Service manager (Current Employee), Newburgh, NYJune 23, 2015
Typical day at work usually starts at 7 am and goes to about 5, everything is non stop people coming in the door cars coming and going. Most of the co workers are very nice to work with. Hardest part of my job is telling someone what thier car needs to be safe. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to someone new every day
Poor Management and orginaztional skills
AutomotiveTtechnician (Current Employee), Cape Coral, FLJune 20, 2015
Cons: NO respect for Employees, Poor managment and organization skills
There is a large lack of respect for the employees. Management is always changing and making new rules.. Working conditions are very poor. They need to update the stores equiptment
It's better than standing on the corner with a sign...
store manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 18, 2015
Pros: good people at store level
Cons: abuse of employees, just a cog in the machine
I currently work as a store manager for Firestone...it's terrible. I've been working 85 PLUS hours a week for more than four months without a break. There is NO sense of team in the company and no other managers are willing to lend any of their people to help out. Not even to have coverage to go have some medical tests done. Upper management has no idea what to do about the problems in our area, any concerns or issues you may have are completely ignored. The hiring process is BROKEN, takes WEEKS to hire someone to work any position in the store, every store is under staffed and the manager has to pick up the slack. i haven't seen my family in months.

If you're single and love to work LONG hours for the same LOW pay, it's great. Other than that, walk on by...
Busy location with friendly technicians.
Technician (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 12, 2015
Pros: my co-workers in the shop
Cons: no breaks, management attitude, not willing to pay what we deserve.
Firestone as a whole is a great company to work for, however I feel it is time to move on to bigger and better things.
Management at my location is starting to request more and more from the technicians while refusing to give us more time for the work we are putting in.
The staffing in the shop is outstanding at my location, I have learned as much as possible from the lead technician and I plan on doing the best that I can with what I've learned.
Good company...
South Mason Road (Former Employee), Katy, TXJune 10, 2015
Can be fast paced at times...worked with a great set of technicians...compensation could use revamping. Long hours and not enough free time..Can possibly be worked up to seven days straight at a time.
want to much for to little
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cicero, NYJune 5, 2015
impossible goals, sales compensation no longer exist.no job security,hero one month then job threaten the next for not reaching impossible goals
Fast paced place to work
Manager of Vehicle Services (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJune 3, 2015
Good Environment with good benefits. Fast paced shop when there is work. Perform services from installing tires and doing oil changes to brakes, steering and suspension, diagnostics. Great program for getting your ASE certifications.
good tecnicians but poor management
Auto Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 2, 2015
Pros: paid for my ase tests
Cons: Management
Techs are ok to get along with, but Firestone fails at management all the way up to corporate. Poor structure to the company.
positive work environment with great benefits and training
Automotive Technician (Current Employee), Fort Lee, VAMay 28, 2015
Very busy repair shop located near a military base. Management and co workers are easy to get along with and helpful with on the job training.
High energy place to work and develop skills
Automotive Technician (C-level Technician) (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMay 27, 2015
A typical day at work is a 10 hour day which involves highly skilled labor on automobiles for a flat rate type of wage. The workers at this location are very close and tend to help each other out when needed.
its a very good place to work at
Technician (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAMay 14, 2015
Good place to work. You get to learn a lot with the help of great mechanics. I just want to expand my career beyond firestone.
Not a fun place to work
Automotive Lead technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth TexasMay 14, 2015
Pros: its a job
Cons: read comment
They treat you like a number, more worried about profit than the employee. Managers are told to give work to the person capable of doing the work not the one qualified to to the job to keep payroll down. GS gets work that higher end techs should and higher end techs are told to help with no compensation.
BE REPAIRED TO STAY LATE!
N/A
Service Manager (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TexasMay 13, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits and bonus with high volume stores
Cons: no bonus with low volume stores
Working with Firestone was a good experience. The training for the Job is on point and you learn allot about tires and the science behind it.
Very busy and productive shop
Store Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 11, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and decent pay
Cons: worked 60-70 hours per week and Sundays
I enjoyed working for Firestone for the most part, after moving to Atlanta I searched for other opportunities in the same field. I went back to dealership because they are closed on Sunday.
unhealthy workplace
C-Technician (Former Employee), englewood, coMay 11, 2015
Pros: got to work on cars and trucks
Cons: co-workers and compensation
wasn't treated fairly. compensation was way below then what I expected and was a dangerous workplace. I liked working on cars and trucks
Your only value is your work
-A- Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 7, 2015
Pros: Some good days...
Cons: Long hours, under-appreciated, unsafe.
Joined company when they cared, over the last decade they have begun to lose touch with their employees, it has become a profit driven business ONLY. There's nothing wrong with making money, but at least recognize and thank the people who's backs you're breaking to do it. No raises given anymore, health benefits have become terrible.

Typically you go in early (or get yelled at), you are given very few opportunities AT work to improve, and if you are you lose money to do it. Your co workers are fighting you for work so they get paid, the environment is incredibly unsafe, despite the company being "safety focused" (No equipment maintenance/inspections anymore, no hearing protection, improper tools) and then you go home late. Every day you go home late, and if you try not to, you're told you will be fired if you don't. If I didn't love cars so much and hate seeing other people fix them wrong, I would have quit a long time ago
Average place to work, nothing to special
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 5, 2015
Pros: occasional free lunch
Cons: long hours, lack of communication between front and back of the shop
Its retail, only it has to do with cars.
A typical day consisted of a shift from 7:30am -6:30pm.
Morning can be business and afternoons and evenings is where customer just come in to pick up their cars. My store was barely staffed making it difficult to take lunch breaks at times. Co-workers were fine, respectable individuals.

Hardest part of the job is learning to use the system completely and learning about the vehicles.
Great workplace enviroment
Manager of Tire Sales (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 27, 2015
Pros: Always free luches, great managment, unbelievable benifits
Cons: None
Very long days which I loved, there was always something to do, a customer to take care of or a ticket order to fix and get approved. I learned supervisor/management skills experience being the manager of tire sales, Taking care of tire inventory, my co - workers were great as well as management, The most enjoyable part of the day was when I had a customer tell me I made her day by taking care of there vehicle and made sure they were safe to operate there vehicle on the road with there friends or family.
f
Infiniti of Memphis Part Sales July (Current Employee), Germatown, TNApril 24, 2015
It is a decent place to work. They work into the ground and expect more from you each time you beat a goal. It is never enough and they pressure you to sale things you are not comfortable with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Firestone Complete Auto Care

Firestone Complete Auto Care™ is owned and operated by Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC (BSRO). Firestone Complete Auto – Read more

Firestone Complete Auto Care Salaries

$15.00 per hour
Lead Technician
$3,000 per month

Firestone Complete Auto Care Photos

Oak park firestone. Brand new tires on a 2007 BMW X3 M-pacakge.