Firestone Complete Auto Care

Firestone Complete Auto Care Employer Reviews

great place
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Stratford, CTDecember 17, 2014
It was a good place to work, pretty general auto repair job. I would probably work there again if the chance arose. But I do not live near that town any longer
it was a fun place to work great management and great co workers
Lube Tech it is my duty (Former Employee), portland oregonDecember 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch every now and then, and goo discount
Cons: staying after sometimes up to 4 hrs after my shift was over
a typical day was fun, hard working lots of laughter and swapping stories wile working, I learned a lot of the basics to work on cars, management was good as long as we stayed on task, the hardest part of the job was when we would have to stay many hours after our shift was over because management would allow to many in. the best part of the job was – more... I was working with my hand and it was fun – less
productive work enviorment
mechanic (Former Employee), Canton, OHDecember 11, 2014
I liked working there but they were not very fair to customers when it came to prices.
Will burn you out!!!
Service Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 3, 2014
Pros: good discount on tires
Cons: horrinble advancement and upper managment makes small advancements seem huge.
The rate they cram customers in the shop and force tech to work at is unbelievable. very hard to get fired but the promotions and advancement are a joke. They try to sell you on bonuses but they are extremely hard to get and amount to nothing with all the work required.
Great place to get your feet wet in the automotive field.
MANAGER OF TIRE SALES (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: sale driven, performance based
Cons: getting dirt underneath your finger nails.
I love this job, however, promotion for upper management is slim unless you know somebody in high places. A recent restructure made man pursue employment else were. The shop can be your family away from home if, every body does there job. The customers make every day an exciting and rewarding day.
job was not right for me.
Mechanic (Former Employee), Tucker, GANovember 17, 2014
Cons: all the above and then some.
I worked long and sorry hours. including all holidays. Too much favortism going on. Too much management turnover.
Completely mediocre workplace
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 17, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: poor costumer service
I was not impressed with the shop management at the store at which i worked. I was not mistreated it was just a less than preferable working environment due to poor management. over all Firestone was a great company to work for but the experience is going to be determined by the shop.
Not a family Oriented Company
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee), Lakewood, WANovember 14, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: the work hours suck and management plays favorites
If you love your ffamily, then you dont want to work nights and weekends.. this job almost got me divorced. If you are single, have at it
poor management, ineptitude at all levels of company
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Southwest MichiganNovember 10, 2014
Pros: lots of days avaialable to work
Cons: incompetent managers, district managers, sales people and technicians
managers, district manager will not hold employees accountable for poor performance. trying to earn money in this atmosphere is difficult at best.
Advancement
MTS (Former Employee), Hoover,ALNovember 2, 2014
Starting off you will have ample opportunities to advance based on your personal performance
Good working enviroment
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Bel Air, MDOctober 31, 2014
The people here were the best part of the job. The work itself was repetitive and tedious. If you ever needed help someone was always there to give you a hand.
Hard work and family oriented
Automotive Technician (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXOctober 30, 2014
Pros: family oriented, good compensation
Cons: if the business is not good your pay check is not so good..
Technicians work off flag hours, so if I go in and bust my butt working and another tech is twiddling his thumbs I make a lot more money than him. If the business is good you have the potential of making really good money.
Great pay, long hours
Manager of tire sales (Former Employee), FloridaOctober 28, 2014
Pay is great but long hours. Always room for advancement. Overall good company to work for.
Need to treat employees better
Tire Sales Manager (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 25, 2014
Pros: nothing.
Cons: everything.
Terrible Management. Terrible Company. Dont get paid enough to deal with all of the BS. Management does a great job breaking your spirit. Waving promotions in your face, telling you you WILL get it and then change their minds and tell you never mind.
If your female and your a mechanic don't ever work here it was the worst experence of my life.
General Service Technician (Former Employee), Fairborn, OHOctober 23, 2014

The Boss knew nothing about cars and even that you been working on automobiles all your life. He rather go with the advice from the men.
Career Company, But...
Store Manager (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXOctober 22, 2014
Pros: employee auto discounts, benefits are adequent, pay is standard
Cons: work schedules: sale weekends, saturdays
A centurial company to work in. Firestone/Bridgestone Americas has been in growing business for decades.
What I have found is a cap to growing within the company without a full college education.
The salary as a store manager has been good to very good, the pay/compensation for the people you have direct control of is lacking in several areas, a large – more... cause of contention in the day to day operating of the business.
A good long term company to work for if you desire a sales/bonus/SPIFF environment. Life/Work balance is very hard to achieve in the retail portion, corporate positions are few and very rarely promoted. – less
a foot in the door
Brakes and Chassis Technician (Automotive) (Former Employee), houstonOctober 18, 2014
Pros: training advancement
Cons: management
a variety of automotive installations including changing oil, preventive maintenance, tire installation and minor parts installation.
My background and skills make me an excellent candidate for this position
un fair
Technician level B, Electrical and Mechanical (Current Employee), edison njOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free pizza on saturdays
Cons: no lunch breaks when its too busy
the hours are to unstable the schedule always changes the technicians are over worked and under paid and the manager is hard to communicate with.
fun work place. Learn new things everyday.
Automotive Technician (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MOOctober 11, 2014
Pros: able to joke with co-workers and customers and develope personal relationships
Cons: fast paced work.
typical days at work include tire replacements to suspension work to helping random pedestrians push their cars into the parking lot to get worked on. Co-workers are all knowledgeable of their job and help each other out whenever possible. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the volume of cars needing worked on.
Ok place to work
Maintenances Technician (Former Employee), Leavenworth, KSOctober 6, 2014
Did daily duty's of cleaning the shop
organized intakes of parts and tires
did basic vehicle maintenance

1 2 3 4 5

About Firestone Complete Auto Care

Firestone Complete Auto Care™ is owned and operated by Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC (BSRO). Firestone Complete Auto – Read more

Firestone Complete Auto Care Photos