Firestone Complete Auto Care

Firestone Complete Auto Care Employee Reviews in United States

One of the WORSE places for employment.
Service Manager/Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 20, 2016
This company is a horrible place to work, unless you have a thing for ripping customers off. They instruct "sales goals" when in reality e mails everyday that if numbers are not met "changes" will be made! Management is not equal across the spectrum. If you kiss you know what, your left alone. The ones that have SERIOUS DECLINES for 6 months in a row are left alone, huge turn over rates but loyal long term employees are taken for granted. No pay raises. Their attitude, "you asked us for a job, if you don't like it leave!" " a premier place to work" that's the new motto...HA..YEA RIGHT.
I'm sorry but the new firestones vision " A Premier Place to work vision 20/20" is a farce. The mechanics are all new in most shops and are really inexperienced. Be careful.
Pros
Non come to mind
Cons
No balance, long hours underpaid and used until no longer useful.
Stay away! Work you like a dog then cast you off!
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 11, 2015
I worked for this company for over nine years. The pay is what you make of it, I was a lead tech there. In the Firestone world that means you stay until all of your work plus the work that the lower level techs either couldn't or didn't know how to repair or screwed up trying. I averaged around 70K the last few years I worked for them. But I also lived at work. No one in upper management has a clue. When I repair someones vehicle I recommend what is required not what management says I should do to help them meet their bonus numbers. No automotive experience with sales teammates. They couldn't explain anything to the customers( made it up as they went along) recommend repairs that were not needed. These people were referred to as "A body for up front". Then they will tell you that you can't have an annual raise because you make too much now(capped). Then you watch all the flunckies that come to you for advise get their annual 5%.
Pros
A great benefits plan. That's were it stops
Cons
wrench in one hand, sandwich in the other. Brass always looks down at you. Run you like an old hunting dog
Productive and fun workplace
Firestone Automotive Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 15, 2016
Communicated accurately with customer service manager and technicians to establish time commitments that meet Firestone standards and exceed customer requirements.
Appraised customers' vehicles to suggest meaningful recommendations for present or future mechanical repairs
Demonstrated a high level of energetic response to every customer, on the phone or in the store.
Listened closely to each customer's needs, document and determine the best possible response and solution
Fun environment to work in.
"C" Technician (Former Employee) –  Davis-Monthan AFB, AZMarch 24, 2016
I worked at this location and enjoyed the experience. I earned a lot from fellow co workers. I would work long hours and the pay was decent. There were scheduling conflicts with customers appointments sometimes we were over booked in a three bay shop. Over all depending on management could be a decent place to work for long term.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Lack of lunch breaks.
Good people to work with, management and some customers not so much.
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 15, 2015
Pros:
Discounts on maintenance done to your vehicle and discounts on tires.
Techs and hourly employees are fun to work with.
Bonuses, If your store makes sales goals

Cons:
Some customers are a nightmare or too cheap to fix their car and then cuss you out because their cars is not in new off the lot condition.
Besides the discounts all other "benefits" are a joke.
Management and upper management can not give you a straight answer if their life depended on it.
If you don't take a lunch due to helping customers, they still take 30-60 minutes for a lunch.

Up selling:
For every hour you work, you are required to have $200 in sales and you work an average of 45-55 hours a week. Even during the slow times.
Even if the car does not need anything, you will be required to up sell them something.

Do not work here, worst automotive experience ever.
Pros
See Below
Cons
See Below
Review
Service Manager / Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJanuary 10, 2016
The company is great and filled with plenty of growth. The work life balance is my concern. Filling a management position I lead from the front. I would work all shifts and dates to assure the proper coverage and the best customer experience. Firestone is a company that is open 7 day a week.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Sunday work schedules
Not a family oriented place
Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 10, 2015
My family beliefs entail us to be involved with family/religious activities on the weekends. My previous employer made some changes and refused to honor such beliefs and firestone said they would. After about a month the manager said I would have to work every weekend if I wanted to keep my job. Since then it has been false promises of raises, advancements, more hours, college training, and basic benefits. I also don’t see my family and church family unless it’s a holiday weekend. We got a new manager and with his changes. Work 50hrs but would be lucky to get paid 40 due to over staffed and lack of business. Declared bankruptcy. Almost lost our house. Had to leave college. .. anyway this was a bad choice
Very Productive Shop
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Every Half hour starting from 7:00am to 12:00pm a member of the team showed up as scheduled. Everyone is always ready to teach new techniques and everyone always ready to learn more. Management being so young had a rough time applying leadership and came off as bossy. Only workshop/job that I've ever had that everyone was happy with everyone. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the new manager.
Pros
Were able to go to lunch on time.
Cons
extremely long hours when short on staff (10-14hr days)
Take care of your employees and they will take care of your customers.
Service Manager II (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 3, 2016
I worked for this company for a few years . First as an A technician and then as a manager of vehicle services. The only way to make money with this company's pay structure as a manager is to get lucky and get hired in a store that was ran in the ground by other employees. Then it's relatively easy to look like a hero and make good bonuses. If the store was being halfway ran correctly then you will make below average pay for the hours spent at work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
They do not follow any proper work to break schedule, expect associates to oversale to customers, dont always follow map guidelines, more concerned with the customer and not concerned with their employees.
depressing dangerous degrading
Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  El Toro, CAJanuary 18, 2016
a terrible place to work. management only cares about how big their bonus will be. they force you to stay overtime. co workers are very aggressive and problematic, disrespectful and annoying. ZERO chance for advancement there is ALWAYS something that you are not doing right.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management, hours, pay, coworkers
fun place to work
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNMarch 11, 2016
Firestone is one of the best places to be employed. Firestone invest in their employees and you can grow exponentially. Firestone has the best overall benefits, also with Firestone you can relocate anywhere within the United States and start a great life. Good job and hats off to Firestone
Pros
great working environment
Cons
may have to work on Sundays
Technician
Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 24, 2015
Management in this company is a joke. The company is disorganized from top to bottom. No one takes suggestions from technicians seriously. The only thing good about this company is their benefit package which is generous for technicians. 401k match up to 3% if you contribute 6% fully vested after 6 years.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, they will dominate your life. Pay is so-so not considering benefits. Management is inept.
Great for experience, but that's about it.
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 16, 2015
The hands on experience is great for someone who likes fast paced, independent Automotive servicing. Long hours and no overtime for technicians make it a frustrating place to work for. The starting pay is decent, but raises are few and far between. Overall, from what I've gathered the technicians are treated horribly while the management is praised for all the work the techs do.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Will be working your life away
It's a Job
Atuomotive Technician/Service Writer (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAOctober 30, 2015
Coworkers are Great.
Management Needs a lot of Work
Company Needs to Rethink Priorities they claim to care about the employees and Safety but when things need fixing or replacement they say it's not in the budget or put it off till it's too late!
Not enough Paid Holidays Off or Holidays Recognized
Have to work too many hours for too little pay
It's always a problem when requesting time off, Paid Vacation, Personal Time For Family Matters.
They pick and choose who they want to train for advancement.
Pros
It's A Job
Cons
Flat Rate
Worst place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHFebruary 12, 2016
Due to management changes, this has become one of the worst places to work. Expect to work long hours and every holiday! I would never go back to work here.
Pros
Cons
Pay, work life balance
Great place to work and learn
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  TX/ NMJanuary 18, 2016
Great company overall, many opportunities and career paths! Lots of places to transfer to across the country! Great training and education centers, compensation for ASE testing / completions.
Fast Paced and Sale Oriented
General Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CTMarch 29, 2016
Work is consistent and fast paced. Sales oriented work place instead of putting customers needs first. Rare opportunities to get breaks regardless of length of shift. Erratic scheduling, shifts vary from 5 hours to over 12 hours. Not great employee benefits (no funeral leave). Still have to pay for labor when servicing your own car even if its on personal time. Low starting salary
Pros
Discounted Parts
Cons
Not ideal work environment
Great company but depends on the store you work in
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 9, 2016
Overall the company has great benefits for full time employees, but the work environment really depends on the store you end up working at. At my particular store there were many problems with not having enough personal available to work either on the front or the back
Pros
get many discounts at different companies
Cons
hectic work schedule and not enough personal
A generally positive experience
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTSeptember 24, 2015
I worked as a low level hourly technician and a flat rate technician. Firestone has decent pay, benefits and structure. They enrolled me in several company sponsored and vendor sponsored classes which helped me learn new skills and hone my existing ones. The only thing that really got me about this job was being laid off the weekend before Christmas after I just worked a 12 hour day for them. My store manager and lead technician were both very upset when they told me the news and clearly did not want to but the corporate office for our region required them to get rid of two flat rate technicians due to the numbers the store had. Job security seems to be an issue but when is it not in the automotive industry. Atleast they have opportunities for their employees.
Pros
opportunity, benefits, decent pay, good structure
Cons
job security, firestone has their own flat rate pay rate for certain jobs which is considerably less than others.
marginal company policy compliance
Technician, state inspector, lube tech, tire tech, (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXFebruary 27, 2016
my particular site exposed me to harassment, not to say other locations would socialize in a similar manner. the corporation itself is an industry leader, although some tire products are inferior as reported in consumer reports as well as my first hand experience
company provided ase certification intrigued me to apply. undisciplined coworkers and harassment made me leave
Pros
benifits, weekly pay
Cons
discourage breaks

2.9