Firestone Complete Auto Care Employee Reviews

productive work
MANGER OF TIRE SALES (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 14, 2017
very quick paced, but like a family. can be very demanding at time and very fast paced. dealing with aggressive customer service can be a challenge, but it's very rewarding also.
One of the worse places i've ever worked
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLDecember 14, 2017
One of the worst places i've ever worked!! Management was racist and just downright terrible! would have us right up problems that the customer's car didn't have! just so they could get their up. I quit because of that.
Terrible Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  USADecember 14, 2017
30 years experience and they release you for 19 year old kids with no experience.

Company vision statement of caring is poppycock. Work schedules changing daily, work hours cut on a whim, no support given by area management, and be prepared for the technicians to dictate to store management. You cannot fix stupid.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor pay, terrible management, and unobtainable sales goals.
Stressful and Unorganized
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CADecember 14, 2017
I would show up to work and customers would be lining up outside of the building. From that point on the rest of the day was trying to catch up. The management team I worked under would promise the world and look to the mechanics to provide that to everyone. A specific occasion involved the weekend before a holiday we (the technicians) knew we were going to be busy. The doors open and customers were promised 20 minute times for multiple jobs that usually take over an hour to preform. Customers were given unrealistic vehicle return times which in turn forced mechanics to rush and customers to walk around and watch, comment, and complain.
Pros
PTO went off of clocked hours
Cons
Horrible time management
If you like retail, it isn't a bad place to work
Retail Sales Teammate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 12, 2017
It is an okay job for retail. I feel it would be better if I was being trained by another manager, or store. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers get their vehicle fixed and back on the road.
Pros
Starting pay is better then most for retail
Cons
Retail hours, not set days off, you may work morning one day then evenings.
typical day at firestone
C Technician (Current Employee) –  DeSoto, TXDecember 12, 2017
On a regular basis firestone was a very good fast paced job. I would get around 8-10 cars a day whether it be a quick tire change or a brake job. The day flew by fast almost everyday. The manger and other teammates compete to make our shop be the best shop in our region. It is a very good learning experience. They send teammates to classes to be able to learn and to be able to perform more work on customers cars to be more competitive and efficient .
Pros
disciunt and benefits
Cons
scheduling and breaks
Hard to get ahead
Manager of Tire Sales (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 12, 2017
There was definitely a good old boy's club mentality at a district level that really only cared about hitting sales goals. This led to people being taken advantage of at more than one location.
I was an awesome place to work.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 10, 2017
It was great! The pros I can say about the job is they need more staff. Some days we were understaffed and had to work an extra four hours. Other than tha it was great.
Employees are awesome
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 9, 2017
Upper management has a program understanding stress levels of company at the lower end of the business. And they promise wage increases and do mot uphold there end of bargain!
Manager of Tire Sales (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 7, 2017
The hours can be long and they are open 7 days a week. But the staff at the few stores I moved around to were great. Can be very stressful but the company is good to work for.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours.
good conpany to for
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 5, 2017
at current location a typical day is about 10 plus hours one of the more busy shops. firestone is a good company in general but this location has lack of teamwork but still love to be here.
Pros
descent pay good hours
Cons
not much effort on upper management on promotions for advancment
Hit And Miss
Tech (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 5, 2017
This company is hit or miss. I have worked two separate branches. One was exceptionally clean and professional, the other lacks communication with poor customer relations and an extreme lack of professionalism.
Pros
Paid training, Frequent bonuses.
Cons
Small shops, Work load fluctuates
Depends on who you work with
Technician (Former Employee) –  Perry Hall, MDDecember 5, 2017
I loved the people I worked with. The manager was great. The customers that came in were always coming back again and again. I would definitely suggest someone to work here.
relaxed learning enviroment and great start to automotive career
General Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2017
its a good place to work at while i was attending school for diesel technologies. the management there will work with your schedule to produce a well balanced work life schedule and its friendly environment to learn and advance.
Pros
great entry job, lots of learning
Cons
pay, advancement
Worst job ever
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDDecember 2, 2017
Firestone is by far the worst job I have ever worked. Upper management is completely incompetent. They micro-manage every little thing you do and constantly set you up for failure. The bonus structure is a joke because they b/s your numbers to keep you from getting it. Work/life balance is non existent. They keep you under staffed and then take people out of the store constantly to make matters even worse. They push their workers to the brink of possible injury and then complain that you aren't doing enough. They only care about taking advantage of their workers as well as their customers just to make money at any expense. If you are thinking of working here, don't. It's never going to be worth it.
Pros
Little to non
No respect racist workplace no time for lunch breaks no real security
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 28, 2017
Low pay fast paced overwhelming place. Unnecessary stress for not enough. Flat rate is good but only if there's work .Constantly doing tires and not repairs that matter. They overlook dealership expierence.Prefers doing things the hard way which saves customers money but condems the techs wallets. Have not made nearly what im used to . Not a good place to be i dont reccomend.Leaving soon.worst decision i have made in my career.find a dealer
Pros
Free lunch here and there. Training benefits
Cons
No lunch breaks . low pay labor time. Low pay. weird schedule. politics .no real money.
A tech (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CANovember 28, 2017
At a typical day at work, I just go in at the clock knowing the work that I need to do. It can be challenging working there, but there wasn't a lot to learn from there except what I already know.
Pros
Safty place
Cons
Good health care
Productive and fun working environment.
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 25, 2017
This is the most fun place I've worked in the United States. Not only were I respected for my talented by my manager but was also liked and respected by my customers as well. From my coworkers to my manager, we were like one big family.
no team work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 23, 2017
lately very stressful have had 7 managers in 12 years ,as the assistant manager for the last 10 yrs it falls on me. I won't become store manager for salary as I feel it would require 70 hrs a week. you get reprimanded for not getting a credit card for the company.Manager does not lead and set an example, leaves early and adjust his hours daily.It feels as though you work around the clock. I am currently trying to get my vacation in so i don't lose it .
Pros
close to home
Cons
bad manegment
Amazing Opportunity for the Right Person
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 23, 2017
Fantastic benefits, nationwide company, great discount, long hours, room for the advancement (better if you're willing to relocate.) Not much on the job trying.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firestone Complete Auto Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9