Firestone Complete Auto Care

Firestone Complete Auto Care Employee Reviews

High energy place to work and develop skills
Automotive Technician (C-level Technician) (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMay 27, 2015
A typical day at work is a 10 hour day which involves highly skilled labor on automobiles for a flat rate type of wage. The workers at this location are very close and tend to help each other out when needed.
its a very good place to work at
Technician (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAMay 14, 2015
Good place to work. You get to learn a lot with the help of great mechanics. I just want to expand my career beyond firestone.
Not a fun place to work
Automotive Lead technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth TexasMay 14, 2015
Pros: its a job
Cons: read comment
They treat you like a number, more worried about profit than the employee. Managers are told to give work to the person capable of doing the work not the one qualified to to the job to keep payroll down. GS gets work that higher end techs should and higher end techs are told to help with no compensation.
BE REPAIRED TO STAY LATE!
N/A
Service Manager (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TexasMay 13, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits and bonus with high volume stores
Cons: no bonus with low volume stores
Working with Firestone was a good experience. The training for the Job is on point and you learn allot about tires and the science behind it.
Very busy and productive shop
Store Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 11, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and decent pay
Cons: worked 60-70 hours per week and Sundays
I enjoyed working for Firestone for the most part, after moving to Atlanta I searched for other opportunities in the same field. I went back to dealership because they are closed on Sunday.
unhealthy workplace
C-Technician (Former Employee), englewood, coMay 11, 2015
Pros: got to work on cars and trucks
Cons: co-workers and compensation
wasn't treated fairly. compensation was way below then what I expected and was a dangerous workplace. I liked working on cars and trucks
Your only value is your work
-A- Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 7, 2015
Pros: Some good days...
Cons: Long hours, under-appreciated, unsafe.
Joined company when they cared, over the last decade they have begun to lose touch with their employees, it has become a profit driven business ONLY. There's nothing wrong with making money, but at least recognize and thank the people who's backs you're breaking to do it. No raises given anymore, health benefits have become terrible.

Typically you go in early (or get yelled at), you are given very few opportunities AT work to improve, and if you are you lose money to do it. Your co workers are fighting you for work so they get paid, the environment is incredibly unsafe, despite the company being "safety focused" (No equipment maintenance/inspections anymore, no hearing protection, improper tools) and then you go home late. Every day you go home late, and if you try not to, you're told you will be fired if you don't. If I didn't love cars so much and hate seeing other people fix them wrong, I would have quit a long time ago
Average place to work, nothing to special
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 5, 2015
Pros: occasional free lunch
Cons: long hours, lack of communication between front and back of the shop
Its retail, only it has to do with cars.
A typical day consisted of a shift from 7:30am -6:30pm.
Morning can be business and afternoons and evenings is where customer just come in to pick up their cars. My store was barely staffed making it difficult to take lunch breaks at times. Co-workers were fine, respectable individuals.

Hardest part of the job is learning to use the system completely and learning about the vehicles.
Great workplace enviroment
Manager of Tire Sales (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 27, 2015
Pros: Always free luches, great managment, unbelievable benifits
Cons: None
Very long days which I loved, there was always something to do, a customer to take care of or a ticket order to fix and get approved. I learned supervisor/management skills experience being the manager of tire sales, Taking care of tire inventory, my co - workers were great as well as management, The most enjoyable part of the day was when I had a customer tell me I made her day by taking care of there vehicle and made sure they were safe to operate there vehicle on the road with there friends or family.
f
Infiniti of Memphis Part Sales July (Current Employee), Germatown, TNApril 24, 2015
It is a decent place to work. They work into the ground and expect more from you each time you beat a goal. It is never enough and they pressure you to sale things you are not comfortable with.
Typical Corprate Automotive shop
Senior Technician/Sales Associate/Service Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 23, 2015
Pros: Free training
Cons: Everything else
Always concerned about the bottom line.
Always willing to throw technicians under the bus.
Management sees that you are beneath them.
No team atmosphere.
Few live while others struggle to make hours
Very hands on and great learning experience
Bridgestone Leadership Development Program Intern (Former Employee), Port Jefferson Station, NYApril 22, 2015
A typical day at work would include being out on the retail floor and working hands on in sales. I learned that the customer experience is the most important aspect in the automotive industry. It was very important to maintain positive relationships with the customers in order to gain their loyalty to us over the many other competitors out there.
Great Company
Service Manager (Current Employee), Venice, FLApril 17, 2015
Pros: Great work place atmospher, good pay and benefits.
Cons: Long hours
Excellent training and support staff. Great products and warranties, potential for advancement within the company. Employee benefits, very customer oriented.
Hard work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Smyrna, TNApril 10, 2015
The retail side is fast paced and stressful. There isn't much room for growth and experience. The hours are crazy and you will work overtime.
Fast paced, hot, and hard working environment.
Installer/Service Technician (Former Employee), Montgomery, ILApril 10, 2015
Pros: Betterment of skills, health insurance (if full time)
Cons: Short lunch breaks/no lunch, time management is unorganized in scheduling.
Honestly, probably one of the worst jobs I've ever had. I was a technician there, and it is the most corrupt place to work for. All the Service Writers get bonuses to scare selling into customers. They oversell everything the technicians write down and they sell things to customers, like tires, when they don't need them so that goes toward their bonuses. If there's a repairable nail in a tire, I'll tell them I can fix it. Then the Tire Manager will go and say it's not repairable and will blow up if they don't replace it. It's not right, its unjust, and it's every reason Firestone deserves the poor rating they get. Your pay is based on what the service writer wants to give you for work. So, if they don't like you, you're not getting that ticket to service. That's corrupt. Hours are extremely long, typically 10-12 hours on a normal day. May be more than 12 if you need to finish a car, they'll have you there all night if they could. Because, you don't get paid to be there. You're flat rate. You're only paid for the work you do. Management is overly strict, it's purely about profit and they have no room for learning. They want you as a perfect technician as soon as you start. They don't always have realistic expectations. If you can avoid working for the company, do yourself a favor. Don't.
great place to start
Store Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 9, 2015
Pros: good training
Cons: hard to get new emplyees fired
Firestone has a great training program but loses some of its structure the further it gets from the source

Hardest part of the job is not feeling like management appreciates what you do and getting help from them is tough
Good Experience and stepping stone
Retail Sales Associate (management experience) (Current Employee), Gresham, ORMarch 27, 2015
Good work atmosphere, sell to customers, problem solve, answer phones, open/close store, cash handling, receive/track inventory, deliveries, etc
Great place to learn and work quick.
Automotive technician (Current Employee), Whittier, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: great co workers and great enviroment
Cons: management does not take care of employees
Management pressures techs to much. Too much paperwork involved. Management wants techs to recommend unnecessary maintenance services. Salary is a joke for amount of work. I would close alone and leave 2-3 hours later of scheduled time and would then be approached for overtime by management. Co workers were great.
Manager experience with Firestone
Store Manager (Former Employee), South DakotaMarch 24, 2015
My work days at Firestone where intense but rewarding. I learned a lot about managing different kind of employees and different customer needs. My employees (co-workers) where great people to work with. Management concerns over all where more about the dollars coming in then the big picture with their employees performance. The hardest part of the career with Firestone was feeling that corporate never thought anything was good enough and having a negative remakes on all performances especially when your profit numbers are great and increasing and have no customer complaints. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers and their concerns and being able to fix them for them. Also managing great sales employees and mechanics.
What is this "Pay" and "Personal Life" you speak of?
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Lake Oswego, ORMarch 22, 2015
Pros: i really liked and enjoyed most all the people i worked with
Cons: lowest industry pay, no outside life, doing right by the customer does not matter to firestone
With 12 years experience and ASE certifications, I was paid 10-15k a year less than my previous job (which I was sadly laid of from after many years). And this was for much more fast paced, cram as many cars in as possible (don't worry about finishing) work. I was offered either flat rate or hourly...$12, because it's "better than or at least equal to industry average". I took the higher (slightly) flat rate, and it's a good thing because they pull the bait and switch and would have stuck me with 12/flat. Firestone has a cap for ALL techs, yes master techs to, of $22 and try to convince you how good this is. Industry-standard/average around here at least is 30 to 35. It is not remotely possible to be productive when you barely get started on one car and then are pulled off it to start on another one, and another.
Your scheduled shift maybe over at 5 PM, but that's no reason to think that you won't be there until 830 or 9 PM with no warning or any kind of heads up... You're just expected to be there for them. trying to take your lunch break is a joke, more than once I was there for at least 8 to 9 hours before getting mine, all 30 minutes you are allowed. But when you end up being on the clock for 80-85 hours (with no overtime pay of course) in the workweek you just might want to wait that long for it.
Between Firestone making up their own labor times to screw the tech out of being paid, and the remarkably inefficient way they operate and expect you to as well....my average take home was about $5-$6 an hour. When I was offered another job at my previous pay, I did not give notice of my leaving for the first time.

1 2 3 4 5

About Firestone Complete Auto Care

Firestone Complete Auto Care™ is owned and operated by Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC (BSRO). Firestone Complete Auto – Read more

Firestone Complete Auto Care Salaries

$15.00 per hour
Store Manager
$72,600 per year

Firestone Complete Auto Care Photos

Oak park firestone. Brand new tires on a 2007 BMW X3 M-pacakge.