Firestone Complete Auto Care

Firestone Complete Auto Care Employer Reviews

Manager experience with Firestone
Store Manager (Former Employee), South DakotaMarch 24, 2015
My work days at Firestone where intense but rewarding. I learned a lot about managing different kind of employees and different customer needs. My employees (co-workers) where great people to work with. Management concerns over all where more about the dollars coming in then the big picture with their employees performance. The hardest part of the career with Firestone was feeling that corporate never thought anything was good enough and having a negative remakes on all performances especially when your profit numbers are great and increasing and have no customer complaints. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers and their concerns and being able to fix them for them. Also managing great sales employees and mechanics.
What is this "Pay" and "Personal Life" you speak of?
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Lake Oswego, ORMarch 22, 2015
Pros: i really liked and enjoyed most all the people i worked with
Cons: lowest industry pay, no outside life, doing right by the customer does not matter to firestone
With 12 years experience and ASE certifications, I was paid 10-15k a year less than my previous job (which I was sadly laid of from after many years). And this was for much more fast paced, cram as many cars in as possible (don't worry about finishing) work. I was offered either flat rate or hourly...$12, because it's "better than or at least equal to industry average". I took the higher (slightly) flat rate, and it's a good thing because they pull the bait and switch and would have stuck me with 12/flat. Firestone has a cap for ALL techs, yes master techs to, of $22 and try to convince you how good this is. Industry-standard/average around here at least is 30 to 35. It is not remotely possible to be productive when you barely get started on one car and then are pulled off it to start on another one, and another.
Your scheduled shift maybe over at 5 PM, but that's no reason to think that you won't be there until 830 or 9 PM with no warning or any kind of heads up... You're just expected to be there for them. trying to take your lunch break is a joke, more than once I was there for at least 8 to 9 hours before getting mine, all 30 minutes you are allowed. But when you end up being on the clock for 80-85 hours (with no overtime pay of course) in the workweek you just might want to wait that long for it.
Between Firestone making up their own labor times to screw the tech out of being paid, and the remarkably inefficient way they operate and expect you to as well....my average take home was about $5-$6 an hour. When I was offered another job at my previous pay, I did not give notice of my leaving for the first time.
The inside look
Manager in training (Current Employee), Flower Mound, TXMarch 17, 2015
This was an interesting job to have. Going into this industry I was well prepared for the customer service aspect starting my work experience as a server. This is one customer service job unlike any other I would think. Due to the completive nature of the automotive industry and the stigma that has been built by some of the industry’s advisors that have no conscious, I would say that I have learned a great deal and received an inside look on an industry that most do not understand. The people that I have worked with and built relationships with are great people and are trying their best to help others that do not understand the complexity of an automobile. It seems that no matter what you do the stigma is always over your head though. People will always have a fear of the unknown and since they have no understanding of automobiles it is the customer’s first reaction to jump to the conclusion that they are being swindled and taken advantage of. When in most cases that is the furthest from the truth. In most cases the advisor is doing their best to keep to consumer on the road and of the side of it. Overall I have had an amazing time and an exceptional learning experience. I have learned to overcome distrust and how to change a person’s ideas on what they want and what they need. I am however an honest person and it eats at my conscious to be automatically judged as a snake in the weeds. I will never forget the good times I have had with the good people that work in the automotive industry.
Strong retail persence
General Manager, Service Manager, Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 12, 2015
Running a successful and profitable store. Management of team members and staff, from the store to the techs. in the shop. Management skills and different styles. Communication skills from the customers to various different level of employees. Team work and working within a large scale team to smaller broken store units.
Good expericance, Very educational,
SALESMAN/ STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Texas City Tx. , Baytown Tx. , Houston Tx.March 11, 2015
Pros: good business managent training, good to learning of how to multitask
Cons: no support on issues
5:30 am get store ready for business that day. Count money drawer, Get coffee ready for customers, do daily management paper work, have safety meeting with employees there that day, pay bills, check equipment, and take care of customers and their vehicle.
How to manage different personalities, and how to run a business.
Managing different personalities
Making a customer happy
Pretty decent co-workers
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: manager buys lunch every saturday.
Cons: lied to about ase bonus check.
Overall, the company mantra isn't bad. I noticed that work tends to be shuffled to the lower paid techs as you start getting raises. Big disappointment to be told you'd get paid a bonus for passing ASE tests and not getting paid for them, but I guess the reward is that I am certified, I didn't pay for the test, and I'll be an asset to another shop now.
good hard work
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Evergreen, COFebruary 28, 2015
tires, maintenance, flushes, vehicle repairs and diagnostics and alignments. it was a good company to work for with good opportunities but the pay scale was not as mush as id hope for...
Slow automotive shop, most days spent cleaning the shop
General Service Tech (Former Employee), Peoria, AZFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: gained experience repairing vehicles
Cons: low pay, poor mamangment
Extremely low pay for the work I was doing. The shop had slow and/or no to little work most days. Most of the days were spent re-organizing stock, cleaning or creating a tire display our front to attract customers.
Good place, no real money to be made
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Workers get along great with management, but if you're not on he favorites list, the big jobs that come through you will not see. Getting paid flag rate for oil changes, replacing tires, and tire rotations does not put "big money" in your pockets.
Retail hours are a killer
Service/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: pay is decent
Cons: everything else
Management was very poor and very little advancement opportunity. Prepare to work every Saturday and most Sundays. Compensation was decent but not worth it at all. Don't work here.
It was hard work and not good enough pay
General Service Technician (Current Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 17, 2015
It is enjoyable work but if you do not have any previous schooling in automobiles the pay isnt going to be good compared to the work load.
Not a bad place to work
Automotive Technician - C Tech (Former Employee), Pearland, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: pay was not steady
Firestone was one of the first major auto group that i worked for but like autonation the way you get paid is the same. So i moved on after two years. my co workers at the time were awsome and so was the management.
Fun place to work
Manager of Tire Sales (Former Employee), Duluth, MNFebruary 16, 2015
I was able to work with a group of guys that took me in as a family member., and the guests were not only able to come in and get their car fixed, some came in just to talk as well.
Customer centric environment
Customer Experience Manager of Tire Sales (Former Employee), Elgin, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: available overtime
Cons: minimal advancement, low pay
Answered phones, set appointments, pay bills, process credits, organize and order inventory. Process accounts payable and receivable monthly, ensure customers are happy with all services.
Great place to make money but you are hardly any free time
Automotive Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: lots of opportunity to work
Cons: long days, no family life
The company has great benefits but the work environment is very stressful. Multiple locations allows easy movement among locations if needed.
oportuinty work on different makes and models if your management smart enough to handle it
lead technician (Former Employee), texasFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: you get the work on different makes and models
Cons: doesnt pay enough, labor time tailor it for firestone to pay less their technician
Big business small peoples, management its terrible some of them doesn't have no knowledge how cars work some customer knows more than a your service manager every person in management position they need professional help ,employee abuse is on top priory for them for example they have lost prevention hot line you call them and they direct your call to your superior the one you trying to by pass or complain I have really bad experience with firestone management I called my dist. manager to report stealing and insurance fraud my manager just made up a story look a like someone break into store and steeled 8 cheapest tire and teamed up with 3 more technician they claimed missing cordless power tool at the time of claim they was still using their missing tools and my dist. mgr. told me its ok firestone own insurance company also they start to given me a hard time cuz I know now every body in that circle steeling from firestone and they will promote their people stealing is a firestone job culture they too far away from honesty, dignity or truth meaning if they cant be honest each other they will not be honest to their customer
Hard worker, flexible, versatile, dependable, and experienced
Auto Mechanic - Auto Alignments (Former Employee), Marshall, TXFebruary 1, 2015
I'm a person who loves to learn new things everyday, when it's something i have never done i'm the person who asks questions and what not. I get along with all the co workers because the key word is respect. To me the hardest part of a job is when something doesn't get done and the most enjoyable part would be when there's work to be done and the job never gets slow.
LOVE THE PEOPLE HERE
Automotive technician (Former Employee), BARNWELL SCJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: weekends off
Cons: no benefits
LEARNED A LOT ABOUT FORD VEHICLES, AND HOW WARRANTIES WORK. LEARNED MORE ABOUT COMPUTERS AND THE PARTS WAREHOUSE.
retail at its finest
TIRE SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Brandon, FLJanuary 27, 2015
note the sarcasm in the response
this is a money maker nothing more
sales, sales, sales
no advancement unless your willing to take a bunch of money
for repairs on unsuspecting victims
coworkers are good for the most part
management absolutely horrible
Good starter job
Lead Technician (Current Employee), Lake Oswego, ORJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: company pays for ase test 2 times a year.
Cons: lowest pay in the industry
A typical day is answering phones, doing oil changes, and tires. Light repairs, brakes and alignments fill in the gaps but will always be stopped to do oil changes. Engine diagnostics are few and no major repairs like head gaskets or internal repairs.

1 2 3 4 5

About Firestone Complete Auto Care

Firestone Complete Auto Care™ is owned and operated by Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC (BSRO). Firestone Complete Auto – Read more

Firestone Complete Auto Care Photos