Firestone Industrial Products Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2016
Great place to work. The people that work for the company make you feel like you are working for a small company while in fact it is a big company.
Compensation is below market. Work life balance is good.
Pros
small company feel
Cons
compensation is low
Great Company overall
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2016
For the most part, Bridgestone Firestone is, and strives to be, a "Great Place to Work". I get along very well with most of my co-workers,including upper management. Upper management is reachable - their doors are always open. The hardest part of my job is the number of accounts I have. I normally have more than 8 hours of work on my desk everyday. The accounts are assigned to channels or by product and therefore are not evenly distributed.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Workload and daily commute
there is a huge lack of communication between all stages
production teammate (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYApril 13, 2016
Always working on old broken down machines that they will not fix. I learned that in some big companies that you're just a number and they don't care about the little man. The mangers have their picks and treat some better than they do others. My co-workers are great, and some have become my best friends. The hardest part of the job is aggravation of the company slowing the machines down and raising production. The best part of my job at Firestone is my co-workers, they will help you through rough times and won't judge you. If you need help they will help you.
great place to work
Shipping Clerk/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNMarch 18, 2015
This was my first real job and I loved it. A typical work day started with me on the forklift and checking to see if all the trucks were empty. Management was great. My co-workers were like family. And the hardest par of the job was getting up a 5:00 am. I loved every part of the job.
Pros
bonus
Small Division of Large Corporation
Senior Chemical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 31, 2015
Most management takes a hands off approach which does not work in such a small division. Large corporation processes get pushed down to this small division without being altered to work. Company does not invest in the future of the company. No improvements to the manufacturing process to make it competitive.
Friendly environment
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNAugust 1, 2014
friendly environment
decent pay
good benefits
HR Department is inconsistent and unprofessional
Pros
steady hours
Cons
HR Department
Excellent place to work.
Finishing Operator (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INMay 5, 2014
12 hour shifts. Assembly line environment. Assemble and test finish parts for shipping to customers.
Pros
Good people, Good pay/benefits
Cons
Plant closed and went to China and Poland.
good place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INAugust 27, 2013
was allowed to go to work and do your job and go home without out being treated as a child
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
closed in 2009
Great company; stressful position
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2012
The job title is customer service representative however, I manage over 50 accounts on a day to day basis. I work side by side with the sales department/engineers. My primary accounts are bladders and sleeves customers. Firestone is a great company to work for. It seems many people started out in customers service and advanced into hire positions. Beginning in customer service is a great way to learn about the products we sell to our customers.
Coming from management to a representative position, one of the hardest parts of the job is knowing I am not being compensated for the job that I do.
Pros
stressful at times and compensation for the stress does not match at all
Cons
a very stressful position; compensation does not match stress at all.
Good place to work, most associates have been there a number of years
Employee Development/Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYSeptember 5, 2012
Pretty good place to work. The RIF (reduction in force) a couple a years ago destroyed some confidence. Some of the folks that were released were key employees. HR Manager and Plant Manager were later released (couldn't tell the truth).
Pros
long term security
Cons
a lot of management turnover, truth is hard to come by changing quotas, pay structure changes, bonus changes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firestone Industrial Products. Our community is ready to answer.

Firestone Industrial Products Reviews by Location