FIRESTONE

FIRESTONE Employer Reviews

Working
Lube/Tire Technician (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 25, 2015
working at firestone was a great experience I was able to learn more about cars and find out that this was exactly what I want to do
Good
General Mechanic (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: weekly tool truck visits
Cons: good flag hours depend on season and weather.
Not a bad Company to work for, but its not for somebody that has a family and a house and bills to pay. The compensation is not up to par, they like to nickel and dime your paychecks.
District Management is the worse
General Manager (Former Employee), Denver,COFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: company is fine
Cons: need different leadership(district staff)
I don't know how a person can be promoted to ADM when they are incompetent, but it happens. This is the Denver district and it has turned to S%^$. A employee was promoted to ADM, because he was liked by the DM. That was a big mistake!!!!! He became a bear, screaming and yelling and getting nothig accomplished. All that happened was the district went backwards. In his time as ADM, I think 5-10 managers quit, or transfered. Now he was demoted and is a store manager. The only thing this guy could do was opem credit cards, and give everything away free to the customers. If he reads this I think he will know whom I am talking about.
great place to work
master service technician (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYFebruary 11, 2015
loved working here and was wonderful experience. difficult time for company right now a fire has left me with no place to work
very shady
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Center Point, ALFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: employees and customers
Cons: district/ company policies
very shady when it comes to your bonus and commission and you had no choice when it came to relocation out of state. policies changed to their benefit
enjoyed at the time i was there
lead tech (Former Employee), Bay Shore, NYFebruary 4, 2015
day to day basic maintenance and diagnostic
learned most my knowledge from good tech
management could be better but got the job done
co-worker was great fun people
Auto Repair
Auto Mechanic, Duties (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: location
Responsible for changing oil, tire repair and minor car repairs the location of the job was close to home and we were pretty much our own bosses.
Productive and competent workplace
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good place to learn the business
Cons: pay
good place to learn the business and make decent money, long work weeks and hours open allows for some flex in work time
Not a bad place to work, you will work a lot of hour and weekend.
Salesperson (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 27, 2015
It was nice to get a couple of days off during the week, but you will usually be work 50 hours a week. It is both good and bad, you will never have a Friday or Saturday off again. But, you will have great discount on all things you need to have done to your car.
Great people to work with and will help you learn if willing to move up in this career.
General Service (Current Employee), Mount Prospect, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: manager buys lunch
Cons: no schedule breaks or short shifts.
This job is not easy but will make you a better person and stronger when it comes to the communication between the team.

Hardest part is the problem solving and figuring out the problems or customer concerns.

incentives are great for making the money.
Old equipment
Senior Tech (Former Employee), Orange, NJJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: old equipment
There were safety issue working with old shop equipment. Supplies were always short or not at all. However, my fellow co-worker were team players and worked very hard to still get the job done on time.
good place of employment
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: steadt company
No issues with the company, good, clean enviroment, . Hours were realistic.
GREAT JOB
Tire Service Technician (Former Employee), Defuniak Springs, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: long hours
Change Tires & Oil. Customer Service. LONG Hours . Dirty Work& Hard.
Great supporting cast
Tire Manager (Former Employee), new jerseyJanuary 4, 2015
a typical day at work would be upselling customers on recommended service for their vehicle also selling the firestone credit card with a very high interest rate.
Fast paced work environment with exceptional training and employees
Lead Technician/Supervisor (Current Employee), Raytown, MOJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: incentives, coworkers
Cons: dealing with difficult customers
A day at work starts at 7:00 with a cup of coffee, before the start of a busy and hectic day. I usually have cars already waiting for me, so I get right to work on them. As the day progresses, other cars come in so I am busy all day. Management includes the boss and some sales associates. They are usually pretty easy to get along with. I am lead technician to several lower level and entry level technicians. The most difficult part of my job is when a customer cannot afford what is necessary to properly fix their automobile. Then I try to come up with a solution that fits their budget. The best part of my job is my coworkers and the professional development the company provides. I also love the challenge of completing the repair and knowing it is fixed correctly.
What you make it.
Service Manager (Current Employee), Depew, NYDecember 24, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
Great management, great pay, good benefits, hard work, but very rewarding.
horrible
Tech 1 (Current Employee), caliDecember 19, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: leadership, pay, not really a team, veteran appreciation, structure. and everything else that you could possibly think of.
1. I unfortunately landed a job with these individuals soon after leaving the military. I know a little bit about a "team". And this is not a team in least bit of the meaning of the word. For one a real "team member" would, 1, carry there one weight, 2, not leave the job when they are the one that started it, 3, they don't leave the job for someone else to finish and go home because you were supposed to be off the clock an hour ago. Grow up buttercup, this is your job finish it.
2. The management is terrible. For some unknown reason we have two store managers that like to try to intimidate people, which I find rather funny because I have known more intimidating Iraq children, FYI, I have stood in front of the president and told him off, you do NOT intimidate me. I have also had the service manager tell me that I have no combat experience, told me that I am fat, stupid, and numerous unwanted comments,and unwelcome comments. Oh and on the team thing again. If this was truly a team then why didn't tech a help tech b when tech b had over 200 degree coolant sprayed all over him. Instead he was worried about his soda. Now that's a team mate.The store managers give stuff away for free, turn around and blame us that the store isn't preforming like it should.
3. The pay is, it makes me feel sick to my stomach, and I mean quite literally sick to my stomach, when I think about is horrible I can't pay my dawn car insurance with one paycheck. I mean yes they give you benefits. But what's the point when your paycheck pays for just that and that alone. I spent 6 years as a mechanic in the military, not only do I consider this JOB, not a career, as a down grade, to the point I would rather tell people I'm unemployed when they ask, but I would rather be deployed to Iraq or stan again for over 2 years straight.
So my point is this
DO NOT WORK HERE, IT IS THE WORST JOB MAN HAS EVER CREATED. SAVE YOUR TIME AND APPLY TO MCDONALD'S BECAUSE THEY PAY MORE
frustrating working enviroment,hostile, and racist management
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 14, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: very bad managment, unmature crew, lots of politics, amature managment
I haven't a fun day at this company as a company might be its real good but unprofessional individual's in manager positions making your live miserable they don't know much about automotive industries they should be a wall mart cashier instead firestone service advisor they have all kinds of illegal issue over customer and employee I wouldn't recommend any experience technician to apply for firestone
long days, upper management stinks
Service Writer (Current Employee), Aurora, ILNovember 23, 2014
Great techs and customer base. too much training for EXPERIENCE worker. Management is horrible.
Environmental Manager Clerk
Environmental Manager Clerk (Former Employee), Orange, TXNovember 20, 2014
- Day to day data entry, spreadsheet and documentation letters of environmental issues, letters to Texas Commission of Environmental Quality, Accounts payable on fines and other issues

1 2 3 4 5