FIRESTONE

FIRESTONE Employer Reviews

Great people to work with and will help you learn if willing to move up in this career.
General Service (Current Employee), Mount Prospect, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: manager buys lunch
Cons: no schedule breaks or short shifts.
This job is not easy but will make you a better person and stronger when it comes to the communication between the team.

Hardest part is the problem solving and figuring out the problems or customer concerns.

incentives are great for making the money.
Old equipment
Senior Tech (Former Employee), Orange, NJJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: old equipment
There were safety issue working with old shop equipment. Supplies were always short or not at all. However, my fellow co-worker were team players and worked very hard to still get the job done on time.
good place of employment
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: steadt company
No issues with the company, good, clean enviroment, . Hours were realistic.
GREAT JOB
Tire Service Technician (Former Employee), Defuniak Springs, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: long hours
Change Tires & Oil. Customer Service. LONG Hours . Dirty Work& Hard.
Great supporting cast
Tire Manager (Former Employee), new jerseyJanuary 4, 2015
a typical day at work would be upselling customers on recommended service for their vehicle also selling the firestone credit card with a very high interest rate.
Fast paced work environment with exceptional training and employees
Lead Technician/Supervisor (Current Employee), Raytown, MOJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: incentives, coworkers
Cons: dealing with difficult customers
A day at work starts at 7:00 with a cup of coffee, before the start of a busy and hectic day. I usually have cars already waiting for me, so I get right to work on them. As the day progresses, other cars come in so I am busy all day. Management includes the boss and some sales associates. They are usually pretty easy to get along with. I am lead technician to several lower level and entry level technicians. The most difficult part of my job is when a customer cannot afford what is necessary to properly fix their automobile. Then I try to come up with a solution that fits their budget. The best part of my job is my coworkers and the professional development the company provides. I also love the challenge of completing the repair and knowing it is fixed correctly.
What you make it.
Service Manager (Current Employee), Depew, NYDecember 24, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
Great management, great pay, good benefits, hard work, but very rewarding.
horrible
Tech 1 (Current Employee), caliDecember 19, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: leadership, pay, not really a team, veteran appreciation, structure. and everything else that you could possibly think of.
1. I unfortunately landed a job with these individuals soon after leaving the military. I know a little bit about a "team". And this is not a team in least bit of the meaning of the word. For one a real "team member" would, 1, carry there one weight, 2, not leave the job when they are the one that started it, 3, they don't leave the job for someone else to finish and go home because you were supposed to be off the clock an hour ago. Grow up buttercup, this is your job finish it.
2. The management is terrible. For some unknown reason we have two store managers that like to try to intimidate people, which I find rather funny because I have known more intimidating Iraq children, FYI, I have stood in front of the president and told him off, you do NOT intimidate me. I have also had the service manager tell me that I have no combat experience, told me that I am fat, stupid, and numerous unwanted comments,and unwelcome comments. Oh and on the team thing again. If this was truly a team then why didn't tech a help tech b when tech b had over 200 degree coolant sprayed all over him. Instead he was worried about his soda. Now that's a team mate.The store managers give stuff away for free, turn around and blame us that the store isn't preforming like it should.
3. The pay is, it makes me feel sick to my stomach, and I mean quite literally sick to my stomach, when I think about is horrible I can't pay my dawn car insurance with one paycheck. I mean yes they give you benefits. But what's the point when your paycheck pays for just that and that alone. I spent 6 years as a mechanic in the military, not only do I consider this JOB, not a career, as a down grade, to the point I would rather tell people I'm unemployed when they ask, but I would rather be deployed to Iraq or stan again for over 2 years straight.
So my point is this
DO NOT WORK HERE, IT IS THE WORST JOB MAN HAS EVER CREATED. SAVE YOUR TIME AND APPLY TO MCDONALD'S BECAUSE THEY PAY MORE
frustrating working enviroment,hostile, and racist management
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 14, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: very bad managment, unmature crew, lots of politics, amature managment
I haven't a fun day at this company as a company might be its real good but unprofessional individual's in manager positions making your live miserable they don't know much about automotive industries they should be a wall mart cashier instead firestone service advisor they have all kinds of illegal issue over customer and employee I wouldn't recommend any experience technician to apply for firestone
long days, upper management stinks
Service Writer (Current Employee), Aurora, ILNovember 23, 2014
Great techs and customer base. too much training for EXPERIENCE worker. Management is horrible.
Environmental Manager Clerk
Environmental Manager Clerk (Former Employee), Orange, TXNovember 20, 2014
- Day to day data entry, spreadsheet and documentation letters of environmental issues, letters to Texas Commission of Environmental Quality, Accounts payable on fines and other issues
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches on saturdays
Cons: long hours, little/few breaks
Fun to work with on a small team of less than 10 people. A lot of responsibilities and hours.
No Appreciation for hard working employees
Firestone Managing Partner/Store Manager (Former Employee), Lees Summit, MOOctober 27, 2014
Pros: "firestone" pays for a lot of "dinners".
Cons: way too many to list.
This company claims to be a "family friendly" company, but that couldn't be farther from the truth...they are NOT family friendly. They demand long hours and hardly no time off.When you get a day off they schedule meetings or classes or company functions that families are not allowed to go to. You are always on call and demanded to come in when they can't figure out how to fix one of their many problems or customer service issues. Not only do they take your time away from your family, but they have cut out family functions and have "uninvited" the wives from company dinners. They don't give credit where it is needed and upper management uses employee ideas as their own to make themselves seem more intelligent. They are backstabbers and will do ANYTHING to get accomplished what they see fit, even if it is making up false accusations on their best employees to protect themselves and their so called 'budgets'. They will coerce other lower employees to state false claims on other employees and claim it will "save their job". They cut funds in areas where they shouldn't be and spend more on the upper management dinners and "outings'. Management misuses the company reward system and company gift cards to take their own families out to dinner. For instance, Dave Messer and Brett Rapplean taking their families out to high priced restaurants so they didnt have to pay out of pocket. They laugh and say "this one is on firestone". The company only wants shady people and idiots who will do whatever they say to do even if its wrong and unethical. If you do the right thing and know how they operate they will let you go. This company is a complete and utter joke! They will lie to your face and laugh behind your back.
NO HOME LIFE
Senior Auto Technician (Former Employee), Mechanicsville, VAOctober 24, 2014
Low pay scale. work too many hours. no time for home life. unable to balance work and home.
Great experience
Service Manager (Former Employee), Abilene, TXOctober 24, 2014
Started out in sales, went to every management school that Firestone offered. Was service manager for two years. Left to buy pizza restaurant
Stay Away from Here!
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Miami, FloridaOctober 14, 2014
Pros: discount on car service
Cons: read the review.
Poor Management across the board. Managers themselves aren't bad but the way the company is structured makes it near impossible for manager to build rapport with employees.

Miami is a different market than the rest of the company and Corporate Mechanic Shops will never compete with Local mom and pop stores. (Just the way Hispanic culture is) so dont expect to make your weekly number or bonuses for that matter.

Minimum 48 Weekly Schedule, Every Saturday Mandatory and depending on the store Manager he might rotate Sundays.

District management will call and send employees home if the number aren't being met.

Personal Story:

I have a medical condition and in the two years that I worked for them I only had one episode. I was diagnosed with Temp Vertigo. It took about two weeks with the medication to get back to normal. My first day back to work after 2 1/2 weeks out was a Wednesday and half way through the day the district manager called in the store and told the store manager to send me home for the rest of the week because My sales number where to low. lol...

Also, they will not allow anyone to work with any restrictions, they will not accommodate in fear of law suites that may happen while at the workplace if, understandable since it is a mechanic shop and they do provide short term disability.

If you like the Car service industry, I recommend going to a dealer, even if it's a smaller one it is 10 times better than the likes of Firestone, Pepboys or Goodyear.
It was a job!
Licensed New York State Inspector (Former Employee), Tonawanda, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: discounts on tires
Cons: benefits, pay
Firestone was a very poor place to work. They had managers that had no clue on how to work on cars or anything about them. What Ive learned from there was the latest in front end alignment equipment. Ive learned alot from my other co workers about the different ways on repairing cars and trucks and I had allot to offer them as well. a typical day was Tires and major car repairs. the hardest part of the job was making hours meaning flat rate hours. That is how they paid you.
Not so much
General Service Technician (Current Employee), Katy, TXSeptember 3, 2014
You do not have room to grow. Their is no work life balance. They continue to take cars with no regard for family life
GOOD SHORT TERM
Manager (Former Employee), bay areaAugust 24, 2014
Pros: decent pay for managers
Cons: culture is unsustainable suspicious activities occur, management is under extreme pressure, creates a lot of stress
Learned a lot from the company, but its not good for long term employment
good place to work
Auto Technician (Current Employee), NJAugust 22, 2014
I was an Auto tech and worked on cars. it payed well for that part of my life.

1 2 3 4 5