FIRESTONE Employee Reviews

Good job , Bad management
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAFebruary 10, 2016
no employee respect ,constant distrust, managment puts all the responablility on the worker and yet blames everything on the worker. They would take no resonability for any actions.
good training
Manager of Vehicle Service (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 25, 2016
Good training , co -workers skilled and helpfully , pay structure not the best , opened and closed store , helped customers with repairs
great people to work with and had alot of different cars to work on.
General Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Willingboro, NJJanuary 15, 2016
manage was a pain but they left us alone a lot so it wasn't that bad. my co-worker were great to get along with and I learned a lot about many cars.
Pros
free garage to work on my car
Cons
dealing with management
great place
Supervisor- Eric Duhluc (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJanuary 12, 2016
even during dead season i was booking 50 hours a week. i loved my job and the people i grew with. the staff was friendly and really tried to understand you. i have had my hard days and my manager always found a way to make me smile whether it be a slow day and he found work for me whether it bne in house stocking or even his own vehicle.
Pros
everything was awsome
Cons
customers can be arrogant
fun place to work
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 7, 2016
never a dull moment, always busy and never get tired of working in different cars all day. As it gets cold, its good to work in a warm car.
Pros
always busy
Cons
rushed on cars
Good overall experience
CUSTOMER SERIVCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 1, 2016
Good company to work for, they do maintain a lot of care for their employees.A lot of good experience learned and taught with this company
Not a family oriented place
Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 10, 2015
My family beliefs entail us to be involved with family/religious activities on the weekends. My previous employer made some changes and refused to honor such beliefs and firestone said they would. After about a month the manager said I would have to work every weekend if I wanted to keep my job. Since then it has been false promises of raises, advancements, more hours, college training, and basic benefits. I also don’t see my family and church family unless it’s a holiday weekend. We got a new manager and with his changes. Work 50hrs but would be lucky to get paid 40 due to over staffed and lack of business. Declared bankruptcy. Almost lost our house. Had to leave college. .. anyway this was a bad choice
high volume
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 18, 2015
high volume and fast paced, long hours. Hot in summer and cold in winter. Management works with you on getting the job done.
Pros
good working enviornment
Cons
Good company to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYNovember 13, 2015
They are a great company to work for and they have good benefits as well as letting you get on full time with them after working there so long.
Great Company to work for
GA Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 5, 2015
Huge Company to work for with lots of benefits. Worked there while I lived in Iowa then transferred to GA where I became a Store Manager. I enjoyed the time there and got lots of experience running a store. Went to many classes the learn business development and am very thankful for my time and for what I learned there.
Pros
Huge Company
Cons
Too many hours a week. Sometimes 14 to 15 days Straight without a day off.
Running my own business was a blast
Vice President Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 4, 2015
My wife an I started this business over 25 years. We grew it from a mom and pop cleaning business to a successful labor company in the tri-state area. I loved getting new clients and building a reputation of excellence in the home building industry.
Pros
Many perks for being self employed
Cons
Long hours, chasing builders for payouts
good place start in a job career in the auto feild but the hours can very
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Zionsville, INNovember 3, 2015
I would repair and replacement of tires, brakes, spark plugs . shocks, struts, coolant pump, c.v. shaft,head lights, tail lights and oil changes est....

Some store managers were good to work for but others were very pushy to work though lunch and not take days off and would work you 6 to 7 day a week with no car of the workes short term or long term health especially around holidays.

My co-workers could be helpful if they like you some are more to share ther knowledge then others. But can also fun if you have things in come talk about.

Fixing the cars, problem solving, and seeing the vehicle drive off knowing made the customer happy to have the vehicle back better the ever.
Pros
some job training given
Cons
a very strong push longer shifts
enjoyed job it was fun
Automobile Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 30, 2015
I like this company because it always something to do meeting people working with the cars I enjoyed doing brakes alignments and underneath suspension parts .the leader ship there was good just could not make a living at it .
Pros
good leader ship
Cons
cant make aliveing at it
Productive place
Reprocessor machine operator (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCOctober 25, 2015
I worked the Reprocessor Machine and drove the forklift. It was a very great place to work at and i worked over 60 hours per week.
Pros
Cafeteria in building.. Dont have to leave Work for lunch.
Cons
Extremely Hot
good place to work
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 11, 2015
good place to learn everything that it takes to run a business, ability to move up is there with hard work, dedication and a little bit of luck the sky is the limit
Basic Repair Shop
AUTO TECHNICAN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 8, 2015
Presented with different tasks, but main focus is on tires and alignments. Management not very experienced, which leads to a chaotic environment.
challenging
Pigment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  wilsonSeptember 28, 2015
Very fast pace and open to different management styles, loved the opportunity to grow and have a long term place. Whats enjoyable is the stability and great phones come out here first.
Pros
good pay
Cons
weekend and holiday work
Technician
Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 24, 2015
Management in this company is a joke. The company is disorganized from top to bottom. No one takes suggestions from technicians seriously. The only thing good about this company is their benefit package which is generous for technicians. 401k match up to 3% if you contribute 6% fully vested after 6 years.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, they will dominate your life. Pay is so-so not considering benefits. Management is inept.
A generally positive experience
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTSeptember 24, 2015
I worked as a low level hourly technician and a flat rate technician. Firestone has decent pay, benefits and structure. They enrolled me in several company sponsored and vendor sponsored classes which helped me learn new skills and hone my existing ones. The only thing that really got me about this job was being laid off the weekend before Christmas after I just worked a 12 hour day for them. My store manager and lead technician were both very upset when they told me the news and clearly did not want to but the corporate office for our region required them to get rid of two flat rate technicians due to the numbers the store had. Job security seems to be an issue but when is it not in the automotive industry. Atleast they have opportunities for their employees.
Pros
opportunity, benefits, decent pay, good structure
Cons
job security, firestone has their own flat rate pay rate for certain jobs which is considerably less than others.
general service
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTSeptember 22, 2015
when you are busy your crazy busy but when your slow you tend to be sent home. no room to advance even when you have experience. the techs are great to work with management was all about the numbers. was hired for full time and at times I went home with a part time pay check
Pros
techs
Cons
pay