FIRESTONE Employee Reviews

Work was good, management wasn't
General Service Technician (Former Employee), RowlettAugust 22, 2015
Was not given the opportunity to advance in the work place even though I was promised I would. Was yelled at and cussed at in front of employees and customers by store manager.
great place
Sales (Current Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 11, 2015
Firestone is a great place to work. Nice people, friendly staff/management. Customers are enjoyable to be around. Great place overall.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 30, 2015
Fun, productive, busy, place to work. Pay and Benefits are good. It was great talking with all kinds of people and helping them with their automotive needs, but you do have to get your hands dirty from time to time.
Great Opportunity
Store Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityJuly 23, 2015
Working for Firestone for 10 years I was able to transfer to differant locations and progress from Manager of Tire sales to Service Manager to Store manager. Firestone is a wonderful company that I would highly recommend
stressfull
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 15, 2015
Pros: wonderful people to work with
Cons: tire recall
I enjoyed the enviroment and the people i worked with until the tire recall. Due to the tire recall customers came in shouting and threatening me. Employees began quiting and when my boss who was a wonderful boss began looking for another job I began looking for another job.
unenjoyable
automotive technition (Current Employee), fayettevilleJuly 11, 2015
at first it was a very good job, place, to work but after a while with random days off, no weekends off, it takes its tole on a person.
I enjoy the people I work with
Technician (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 5, 2015
I enjoyed working with the people there.The management for the most part is fair. I enjoyed it for the most part. There is a board that will have work on it for you to grab and it will have instructions on what this vehicle is here for.
Firestone is a great place to start only if your starting as a Tech
Technician (Current Employee), Walnut, CAJune 30, 2015
Firestone is great when your a new tech looking to learn about how to work on cars for the first time. They give you a lot of hands on experience with oil changes, how to take off and on tires on a rim and just things about different types of cars. Like from how to reste oil lights from honda to toyota to GM to ford cars and where the TPMS is on those cars just so you do not break them. And things like how to work on a car with air bag suspension to cars that use special tools to bleed the brakes of the car. Firestone is the perfect place to learn about the different things on different makes and models of cars.The Management kind of worries me. Only a handful of mangers really care more about the techs than making sales and getting bonuses. The hardest part of the job is a number of things. First is that since there is no inventory department, us techs have to unload and organized it off the truck when the shipment comes when there are still people waiting on there cars. And that most service managers promise ridiculous time of service to people when they are getting there car worked on. And also when a car comes overnight, you have to stay sometimes late till 9pm from coming in at 7am and finish it. But the most enjoyable part of the job is the other techs.
Was ok place
metro (Former Employee), dyerburg TNJune 29, 2015
I worked here back in 2011. This was my first real job and in a factory. This was assembly line and worked 12 rotating hours. I really didn't like this job.
Safety program was the most important part of the job.
Engineering Services Manager (Former Employee), Noblesville, INJune 20, 2015
Pros: Was able to eat while still working at my desk writing purchase orders.
Cons: 14 hour days and 7 days a week got pretty old after 35 years.
Establishing a safety upgrade and establish a safety program with written instructions for all aspects of the job was my mot rewarding experience because I was able to establish a written program that was capable of being used by all employees whether it be production employees or maintenance employees and it gave me the opportunity to upgrade the equipment in respect to safety to todays standards by IOSHA AND OSHA STANDARDS.
Service Advisor/Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 9, 2015
Great place to work. Wonderful place to start a long career. Easy place to work. As long as you do your job and come to work you can very successful.
Work place was not professional
Automotive Technician (Current Employee), Fairfield ca 94534June 8, 2015
Pros: expanded my skills.
Cons: to much messing around.
There was alot of messing around and playing, i learned alot with R&R work , i specialize in breaks and suspension and doing well in engine R&R.
It was a foot in the door type of job.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 1, 2015
Your boss gives you the work order to start fixing the customers vehicle. Always use safety procedures when working on vehicles. When changing oil, make sure you have another worker double check to make the drain plug is tight.
Challenging and fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 26, 2015
You stay busy, building relationships with clients and managing front shop and back shop. I learned a lot about cars. I was fortunate to have a great team of co workers. The hardest part of the job is to help a customer that is not happy their car isn't working and assure them we can fix it at a price point and time line. The enjoyable part of the job was helping people fix their car so they can carry on with life.
Dont work or bring your car here
C technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: N\A
Cons: Not work friendly
Would not recommend your car or job services to this company this will work you but give you nothing bad pay no place to grow its just another place to suck you dry until your dead.
Great work place
Automotive Service Technicians Assistant (Former Employee), Lynwood, ILMay 13, 2015
we would work almost all day we got breaks the staff was polite and intelligent they treat employees right and pay was good
Good people and job culture.
Line Mover (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 7, 2015
Pros: Good work environment.
Cons: Night shift.
Learned something new daily. The environment was great for a work place. People and management are good people. Being able to listen to the radio while we were working.
steady work place
Service Technician (Former Employee), el paso,txMay 2, 2015
Pros: easy to work
Cons: aren't fair most of the times
work goes by quick when its busy, day drags when there aint much to do. when its slow besides cleaning, they will send your home.
Must be on your game
Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee), Merididan, MSApril 29, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: Getting paid flag hours on an antiquated scale
Fast paced and competitive with co-workers. Must be on top of your mechanical game in order to make good money. A typical day involves anything from oil changes to brake jobs and tire changes of course.

Flag hours consist of getting paid a percentage of the labor cost on the work you do. Pay does not reflect realistic rates and was set up sometime ago, in the 70's or 80's.

Hardest part of the job is strong-arming monster tires off of vehicles.
poor work environment
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNApril 16, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
The managers micromanaged the employees and would purposely disable cars and break parts to get more money from clients.