Firmenich Employee Reviews

Associate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2017
Good place to work overall. Need to find a better work life balance in order to be happy and not be stressful at work. Good company, great benefits and people are very nice.
good place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 23, 2017
Private owned company. Good environment. Friendly people, opportunity to grow, good benefits/pay
Might be slow when making decisions.
Recommend overall.
low pay but good company
Raw Material Operator (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 28, 2017
Good work culture, but low pay. A lot of overtime, depending on the department. Firmenich do take care of their employees, great benefits 401k, tuition reimbursement, health care and dental.
benefits
Cons
low pay
Happy and great learning facility
Laboratory Technician (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 10, 2017
Firmenich was warm and very welcoming. Everyone worked together to complete a project to keep the job afloat. I learned working there,it is never a wrong answer by asking a question, a wrong answer is not asking at all. management are understanding willing to work with you schedules, and very considerate. The part of the day was trying to meet a deadline but running out of material to complete your task. The enjoyable part of the day is when the perfumer is satisfied.
Pros
Learning different areas of compounding
Cons
You can make mistakes unknowingly
Not a good place to work
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJune 29, 2017
Run down, management is no help, lots of in fighting. Managers are only worried about their bonuses, won't buy new equipment but will ask how navy jobs you did.
Insecure people
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJMay 29, 2017
Employees do not like new hires with education. Insecure people that go behind back. This is in production area only place I worked.Behavior of management varies some are adolescent some are not.
customer driven
Senior Assurance QHS&E Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJMarch 28, 2017
Productive, very dedicated management that strive to meet customer's need through process efficiency. great company to work for with wonderful benefit.
Entreprise Familiale et Leader sur le marche
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New YorkMarch 19, 2017
Offre de grandes opportunités de développement.

Entreprise a esprit de famille
Fun Workplace
(Contractor) Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 16, 2017
Lots of basic clerical duties, filing, answering phones, faxing, making copies. Lots of different projects per the request of the employees.
Pros
Employees were very welcoming
Cons
Only a temp position
Flexarome Operations
Flexarome Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJ 08536January 15, 2017
I day consist of several different challenges ranging any where from trying to get a good quality and consistent product to run to running the entire run which consist of preparing batches for mixing, building the line up for startup, packing, then once run ended. Breakdown the line for CIP, and also in between run time. Trying to fit in time to order material for the next day. There was only one shift of run, so everything had to done within 8 hours. Safety was always on mind and Quality too. It was a three man job ran by only two of us. There was days to recover. But we got job done, with no issues from clients. I've become quiet proficient at multitasking, not to mention working along side engineers, electricians, and project managers I've picked up some problem solving skills. Its sort of second nature now. Would I recommend to another person, yes but with warning. If there not ready to work hard, fast and tirelessly. Its not for everyone
spray dry
Spray Dry (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 17, 2016
* Goal to finish making batches.
* Learned a lot more knowledgeable in my craft
* Management was an experience.
* Some guys talked to much always creating rumors.
* Learning to fit in a group.
Pros
good benefits, some overtime
Cons
management, group circles
Great R&D group
Chemical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 3, 2016
Great R&D group
Less but experienced people
Intelligent and always helping
Work varies depending on the season
Lot to learn everyday
Decent cafeteria.
The cafeteria es a very well equipped and nice place
Spray Dry Process Operator Class B (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 16, 2016
I learned a lot in this company, several positions, The work with the employees was excellent in my opinion was one of my best works with Firmenich
excellent workplace
Plant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 20, 2016
Excellent workplace. only reason left was to retire. Good workers and excellent opportunity for advancement. would recommend this company for anybody.
Pros
employee involvement
Cons
hours
Productive and work space fun.
Chemical compounder/ Order filler packer (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJAugust 5, 2016
Good opportunity to improve myself in compounder. It have a great space to work, very clean and responsible. The hardest part of the job is when you have to work with a lot of stress but it helps to improve my skills.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Too far away from where I live.
Toxic Culture
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJuly 27, 2016
Toxic culture that breeds insecurity and fear. Management is there to protect themselves and not the company. I would think twice before working there.
good enviroment
Sanitation Operator/ Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 21, 2016
operated different forklifts and learned even more about sanitation and machine operating . hardworking co workers with a big enviroment.
great company
Packaging Operator and Totes/Parts Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 11, 2016
great company, worked at firmenich for 6 years couldn't be happier with people.. great hours , great vaction time and great benefits
Fun
OBD PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 14, 2016
Nothing to say
Its ok place to work
Money not good
Save place to work and clean
Managemant are ok
Most enjoyable part when I go hpme
Fun Environment, sometimes stressful
Fine Fragrance Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJanuary 17, 2016
Firmenich was a very welcoming company that taught me a lot about the world of fine fragrance. There were a lot of opportunities I was given to excel that would not have been there in other companies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firmenich. Our community is ready to answer.