The first bank to be organized in Lockhart, Texas, the First National Bank of Lockhart was opened April 15, 1889 by James G. Burleson. Burleson was the brother of cabinet member and Postmaster General Albert Sidney Burleson. The board of directors included many of the men that played an important part in the development of Lockhart and Caldwell County, including John T. Storey, James A. Thompson, and J.M. Jolley. In 1934, the First National Bank merged with Lockhart National Bank, forming the First-Lockhart National Bank.
First-Lockhart National Bank is the largest financial institution in Lockhart and Caldwell County with over $171 million in total assets. It has been a mainstay for the community and region providing financial services and community support for the citizens of the area. Its main location on the historic Lockhart downtown square is an icon to the community and reinforces its heritage and place in the history and growth of Lockhart. Our location represents 123 years of continuous presence on the town square serving the citizens of Lockhart and Caldwell County.
Since 1889, First-Lockhart and its predecessors have helped meet the needs of a growing community and of America. The bank remains dedicated to the local economy and will continue to provide needed and innovative banking products to serve the needs of the community. In addition, First-Lockhart will continue to be the standard for financial leadership and community support. – less