First Advantage Employee Reviews

Unreasonable expectations
Global Client Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2017
Management expectations are unreasonable leading to a mass of folks leaving the organization, new CEO so the direction of the company is not known at this point.
Decent work place
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 8, 2017
Management could've been better. Manager didn't speak to any employees, except her favorites. Didn't interact at all, just came in and went straight to her office. She eventually lost her position as manager.
Compensation
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2017
Compensation should be higher and more competitive for the amount of work done by each individual. Flexibility is good, especially for one that has a family. Not an issue with getting time off for personal needs. Reduction in promoting from within. Health benefits are competitive. Can't complain.
Would not recommend working here
Senior Account Manager (Remote) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2017
I was SAM working remote. This was a very unorganized company.

It was so hard to get your work done due to lack all the loops you had to go through. Lot of very unhappy clients
Fun and productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLMay 25, 2017
I would work for this company again. I loved the hours I worked and I liked the team building exercises and I felt like part of a team there. The training was great and I loved my co-workers.
Pros
Hours, Team building
Nothing bad to say
Criminal Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2017
I do not care to share my thoughts regarding Vedder Price P.C. on a public job website/board. I will keep my comments to myself even though this is said to be anonymous.
Run don't waste your life
Customer account sp (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2017
I worked for the company for a few years. Within the time I was there we have had 3 CFO. The people I worked with were great except for the manager of the team and Director. We were treated unfairly. No raises in 3 years or bonuses. No room for growth. If you want to grow and earn a raise this is not the place. There are layoffs more than once a year and then they rehire new account managers. People complain everyday and the AR is messed up ever since we migrated to new system. People resign regularly. This place took my joy so happy I left. Would rather not work than be there. All groups work from home beside accounting and finance team.
Pros
Health benefits, work from home, flex time
Cons
Management, compensation, no room for growth
stressful and unfair environment
Senior Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 3, 2017
over loaded with work unfair distribution of work lack of training lack of technology to get the work done too many deadlines long hours and lack of taking time off and management that don't care about employees and only how they look to upper management now this is only where I worked
Pros
meeting different clients
Cons
long hours over burden with work unfair work environment
Like the people
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 17, 2017
Working at a computer all day.

Learned a lot about what drivers go through.

The work was not hard, and really enjoyable work environment.

Have nothing bad to say about management.
Cons
Poor management and corporate direction. Constant reorg and employee layoffs
Senior Account Manager for Major Markets (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2017
General duties included working closely with customers to manage background screening program and expedite turn-around time so employers could onboard new hires quicker. Long days and travel involved. Customer meetings were most enjoyable part. The hardest part was meeting customer demands while internally struggling with systems outages and results being delayed.
Very stressful most days
Accounts Payable/Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAApril 17, 2017
Stressful. managers do not get along and the employees are in the middle.. There are no processess in place.. Very high turn over rate. No one is happy. Twice a week people are leaving. You feel the stress when you walk in the door.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Close to home
Good compensation though subpar benefits
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 10, 2017
Working at FADV encapsulates what working for a company owned by a hedge fund looks like: a top-heavy management model with a constantly revolving door of workers. After absorbing two companies, it's clear FADV struggles to find it's place internally with operations, sales, and customer service. Never expect job security, as even the top preforming teams find themselves out of work as their functions are dispersed across struggling teams in Bangalore, India.
Pros
Generous PTO and fairly competitive compensation
Cons
Expect no retirement plan and an abysmal 401K
Great Team Member
Implementation Project Lead/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 28, 2017
The team members in the Indianapolis office are great to work with. Everyone is friendly, hard working, and customer oriented.
Poor management and even worse job security
USA Employee (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 27, 2017
Supervisors are inept and petty, micro-managing is their daily duty. Managers are worthless and unavailable if they are even located within your location. The office is full of vice presidents that no one knows what they do. Wait don't let me leave off the rude receptionist!! Jobs are constantly being outsourced to India all while telling the customers that the work is being done here in the USA. If you are looking for an upstanding, honest company that would appreciate any skills that you have to offer run as fast as you can from Last oops I mean First Advantage.
Pros
Saturday and Sunday off
Cons
Monday through Friday
Working with others was fun but management really sucked
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 9, 2017
Advancing is not a opportunity at the is job. Management is horrible. Everybody is out for there Self. They took our jobs overseas they sugar coated everything and fire a lot of people for whatever reason they could find.
Low employee moral, continual layoffs and terrible parking.
Collection's Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 28, 2016
This company seems to be having financial difficulties even though they continually say all is well. I worked for this company for 6 months and in those 6 months they had two major layoffs. I later found out that the company averages a layoff approximately every 6 months.
Pros
over 50% of the employees work from home.
Cons
Executive leadership seems to be lacking, company continues to have billing issues 2 years after a migration to a new billing system
enjoyed the atmosphere.
Driver Qualification Professional (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 19, 2016
The processing of applications for employees who were applying for a job with the various companies that were represented through First Advantage. The negative is that during certain times of the year the possibility always existed that you could be laid off. Job security is something that truly does not exist in the customer service area.
Pros
being able to exercise at the company as I am a fitness professional.
Cons
Not having the stability to know from month to month if you will be laid off.
Global leader in the Screening industry
Sr. Manager Application Support (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2016
Always a very busy environment with many changes. It is very difficult to get raises and/or bonuses no matter how well you perform, which can be frustrating. Very challenging environment and issues to try to overcome on a daily basis. I did learn a lot during my time there.
Good People, no stability.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 12, 2016
The company knows how to treat its employees but not how to run a company or train. Most employees have very little tenure and have to learn most things by trial and error.
Relaxed Environment, Great Management , Great Company
Corporate Client Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2016
Great work environment. Very relaxed atmosphere. The staff as far as the Vice President and Customer Service manager and very pleasant people who are very approachable, kind, and very down to earth. It was a pleasure with them. However my experience with the supervisor appointed to me is the ultimate reason why I am no longer working there. Would advise anyone looking for great opportunity to give it a shot maybe they will have a different experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Advantage. Our community is ready to answer.