First Advantage

First Advantage Employer Reviews

Good Job
Team Lead of Operations, Present (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2015
This is a good company with short term goals. My management was good and I was able to move up and around the company.
Criminal records support
Criminal records support (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Cons: no job stability; never know when they will lay you off
A typical day at work for this company is simple and laid back. Normally everyone is just working with headphones on just trying to stay productive. The hardest part of the job is trying to stay busy when there is no work. The best part of working here is the employees, they are really funny and outgoing.
Fun work place
Processor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 30, 2014
Pros: a palce to eat with in the building
Cons: lunch is to short
Overall it a so/so place to work. It great people that works there. Lets of people help you out so that you can get on your own. Not so well side it feels like your in high school. You have to email when you take a break and when you get backits like asking to get out your sit.
Life at First Advantage
Team Lead (Current Employee), Fishers, INDecember 21, 2014
First Advantage was a great opportunity with no advancement. I typical day would be assigning out the workflow then managing and coaching to assure all team goals are being met throughout the day. Definitely a great work environment.
Great Culture - Product That Help People
Supervisor (Former Employee), Tempe, AZDecember 10, 2014
Great local leadership team. People who care about people and support each other for the common purpose. Helping others get jobs. Leadership incorporates a lot of Six Sigma principles in their decision making.
Productive laid back company
WOTC Scanner/Processor (Former Employee), fisher, inNovember 24, 2014
- Responsible for scanning tax credit documentation into On Base software and logging accountable WOTC mail packages in to Excel.
- Extracting information from government documents to look-up in internal software system.
- Responsible for reconciling companies transportation credit cards
An experience I'll never forget
Admin User and Project Implementation Manager (Former Employee), Bear, DENovember 20, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: business ethics and management
This was the first opportunity I have ever had to work remotely from home. Initially, I was apprehensive because I am accustomed to working in a large office. However, working from home allowed me to be more productive and have a better work-life balance.
Productive and fast past
Criminal Record Processor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2014
Pros: website created to learn everyone jobs
Cons: breaks sometimes cut down
Everyday was consistent with how systems were used , but I was also learning something different everyday. Responsible for for my while also helping my teammates to get trained. A lot of responsibility and dependability. Co-workers were nice and easy going. Hardest part was being responsible for my work but also someone else due to time frame and unorganized training.
Manay acquizitions have developed an us-them internal
X Employee (Former Employee), UndisclosedOctober 27, 2014
It is a very challenging environment with a lot of turnover which opens up opportunities quickly for the right people.
Fast paced environment
Online Records Coordinator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2014
Run criminal background checks on various individuals from different locations throughout the US.

Ensure that relevant and correct information is being reported to requester.

Expedite and deliver orders to clients in a timely manner.
Fun for younger employees.
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Melville, NYSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: the relationships and laughs.
Cons: no job security for people coming from temp agencies.
On a day to day basis it would be jokes in the office and background checks. It was a lot of paperwork and phone calls. I learned that background investigations are done on just about anybody when you are applying for a job and so is your credit, WOW! My co-workers were young college students and some were rich bratty kids, but they had a good heart. The hardest part of the job was wondering if I was going to get fired after coming from a temp agency and being pregnant . The most enjoyable part of my job was getting my paycheck and the laughs we had in our department.
Overall Rating
-Processing Specialist (Former Employee), Alameda, CASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: enjoy working with a team/seeking full time employment
Cons: heath care
My typical day at work was getting there 15 to 20 mins before my day started ready to work before time l have a learned a lot of experience working with the company programs such as access quick book, Microsoft tax credits customer service ,phone operator and a variety of other jobs after 15 yrs of employment we were like a family I really enjoyed my job very much the hardest part of my job was when the program ended and our Department was closed down.
Great place to work - management and quality of services
Director (Former Employee), Poway, CAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: product/quality services
Cons: na
great place to work -gained amazing amount of experience and worked with professional talented people
Great company and people.
Contract Administrator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 1, 2014
Pros: free parking, a great staff
Cons: long delays in receiving the necessary data to complete the contracts.
When documentation is ready First Advantage is a fast paced work environment.
First, I begin the day looking to see what documents are ready to go out the door and send them.
Next, I monitor the contracts that I've begun to assemble to see if the awaited documentation is now ready to add to the contract. Once I have that information, I complete the contract and send out for signature.
The hardest part of my job is waiting for all the necessary data to complete the contract.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of satisfaction upon completing an accurate contract the client has paid money to implement with their organization.
Productive and fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 13, 2014
Pros: bouns
Would update correspondence on a daily bases. Learned different positions. Enjoyed the people and the job.
Research Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 23, 2014
A typical day at work was to stay busy by completing duties daily.
fun and easy going
Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 19, 2014
loved the customers and fellow employees. Really easy going and comfortable environment.
productive and enjoyable job
Consumer Relations Processor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 18, 2014
Pros: half hour lunch
Cons: short breaks
• The ability to provide leadership
• Excellent communication skills
• Great organizational skills
• Problem solving abilities
• 2 and ½ years managerial experience
• Experience working with a diverse population
• A Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies
• Strong computer skills

Some of my best qualities include analytical skills, a good eye for detail, self-motivation and the ability to maintain a professional attitude at all times.
Does not support customers or programs well
Account manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2014
Pros: great people work here
Cons: company shows very little interest in retaiing customers or employees
Since January 2013, First Advantage has acquired 2 other background screening companies, LexisNexis Screening Solutions and Verifications Inc. Since that time, the level of service and commitment to quality has really gone down hill because they are trying to support all these customers without expanding operations support.

This makes it very hard for customer support, account managers and everyone to meet customers expectations for service.
There is not really any support for addressing problems and makes it hard to have work life balance.
If looking for long term position: PLEASE DON'T!
Support (Former Employee), Work from homeApril 14, 2014
Pros: great boss/coworkers, fast paced environment
Cons: unstable work environment, minimal training, constant layoff, lack of promotion from within
My workmates were outstanding and everyone outside my area that I worked with also. Corporate has the "make money or else" mindset and no matter how much you work, or what you give - Corporate is only concerned with how much money is saved and the profit on the bottom line. Thus, there is hiring for getting a company merged into First Advantage or hiring to get a new company on boarded and then staff is eliminated when the "crisis is over". Any positions possible will be sent to the sister company in India. First Advantage is not concerned with their employees. If you want to work for a company that cares about you as a person; don't spend your time at First Advantage.

1 2 3 4

About First Advantage

Making money from private equity investments is music to the ears of Symphony Technology Group (STG). Holding company STG invests – Read more