First Advantage Employee Reviews in United States

Okay company over all, if you considering the politics of call Centers
Customer Support Analyst/ IT (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJuly 6, 2016
Okay company over all, if you considering the politics of call Centers.
Decent starting pay. However there are to many chiefs and not enough Indians.
The atmosphere is tense as if you are working for the FBI , not at all necessary.
In the short time I was there I defiantly noticed the revolving door.
high turn over rate.
Pros
Keeping you numbers up is not that hard to do.
Cons
One bad call get get you out the door.
Productive workplace with business casual dress and opportunity to develop skills
Supervisor, Consumer Relations (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 7, 2016
Loved working at FADV. People are awesome. There is opportunity to develop your skills. It is a highly responsible workplace due to the nature of the business. You need to take your job seriously. As in any workplace each day has its ups and downs. Teams work together to get through each day.
Pros
Relaxed business casual dress (jeans and nice blouses)
Cons
high stress due to the nature of the business
Employee-friendly and goal-oriented.
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2016
First Advantage acquired the Screening Solutions division of Lexis Nexis in 2010 and has been extremely steadfast in talent retention and recognition. My daily routine for the first few years was to completely train the offshore FADV team in Bangalore, India. I was provided with the necessities vital to the success of the transition. Additionally, I manage and support an offshore team in regards daily processes.
Almost 4 yrs of working here, colleagues are fun to work with. Lack of poor management and job security is low
Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INJune 24, 2016
Over the past 3 years, I have develop close relationships with my colleagues. I started with one department and saw over 30 people get laid off. I decided to transfer to another department thinking that things might be a little different, however, it wasn't. I transfer from Verification Specialist to Driver Qualifications Specialist in 12/2014 and from Driver Qualifications Specialist, I was promoted to Driver Compliance. There was lack of poor training and management care less about their employees. Currently, our department is dwindling due to job lay offs / placement overseas. Don't feel secure any longer.
Pros
Great colleagues and benefits
Cons
Management and training
Expansive and professional, fun place to work
Account Manager / Client Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2016
I learned how to manage accounts for Clients. Learned the expertise of exceptional Customer Service. Had flexible hours and decent compensation. The hardest part of the job was the ethics of management, as they were not professional or informative at all. Meetings between my manager and I were scheduled by me, as I was (and am) eager to learn as much as possible and want to ensure processes were being understood correctly, etc. My goal is always to excel in all skill development. I met several great people and learned many IT procedures, account management skills, and ways of resolving/handling client's, as well as their account escalations and questions, to the utmost level of service.
Pros
Overtime offered frequently
Cons
Ethics of Management and training procedures
Great place to work.
Verifications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 23, 2016
The opportunity to grow was always available. Management always encouraged personal growth within the company. The people were a great joy to work with.
Pros
Ability to train in any area was steadily available. Educational expense was also provided.
Cons
NA
Started out to be a fun place to work.
Random Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 5, 2016
First Advantage is the third name change since I started in 2006. With each name change came a different set of challenges. I learned a lot about migrations. Management for the most part was not involved in the daily activity. Co-workers were all hard workers and we helped each other out. The hardest part of my job was knowing that it was migrating out. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers.
Pros
Employee Appreciation Day
Cons
30 minutes for lunch
Excellent experince.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMay 24, 2016
The company I currently work for is great for a person who is looking to get work experince after college. This company provides growth in admistration dutes. The job duties are excellant experince. They offer room to grow.
Pros
Experince
Cons
Location of the business.
Office
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, WI 54650April 14, 2016
Company is closing the office and has located 95% of the employee's to home based jobs and the reset are being terminated. It use to be a great place to work but so many changes were made it became a place that is not enjoyable to be at.
It was a very good place to work.
Verifier (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDDecember 13, 2015
It was very interesting working with different clients and talking to employers and schools all over the country. It was sometimes hard to deal with the applicants when they needed their applications done and we were not able to get ahold of some of the companies or schools to get the information we needed.
Pros
They were very good at working with you if you had any issues with your job or your homelife.
Cons
Management and Supervisors were not always there when you needed them.
Toxic
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJuly 1, 2016
More time concentrated on tactical operational issues than on time spent on strategic selling objectives.

I learned a lot about the business, processes and platforms. Teamwork was good.
It was an ok, company to work for.
Quality Control Specialist/Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Castleton, INMay 5, 2016
You learn a lot when you work for a Background company. The management was good. The job wasn't hard job. Just starring at two computer screen.
This is where careers go to die
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INFebruary 20, 2016
Upper management was more concerned with moving jobs to India and bottom line profits. Repeatedly promoted people with no ability to manage employees.
Pros
Cons
low pay, poor management, no advancement opportunities
was not the best place to work
SR PAYROLL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2016
The company does not care about you as a person. Management very unorganized and micro management was a daily task. No flexibility and all lack communication skills.
Pros
salary
Cons
everything minus the salary
I was a temp
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 6, 2016
I WAS A TEMP SO I REALLY didn't care or can give any information on this company.
BLAH BLAH BLAH.
I dont care and i dont know why this is required to move on.
A Productive Day at First Advantage
Verification Processor (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 12, 2015
A typical day at work for me is coming in getting settled, prioritizing my work so I can get the most important out the way first. Helping co-workers out if needed. Adapting to change easily because at First Advantage things changed often such as systems that we used to verify background checks for our clients. I learned how to use different systems and how to train other people. I didn't really have a hard part of the job because I like to challenge myself. The most enjoyable part of my day was listening to music as I worked.
Pros
Learning new systems and codes, the atompshere
Cons
The job was temporary and I really enjoyed the work I did and my co workers
Only Just Average
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 10, 2015
While my current work team is hands down the best team I've ever worked with, overall I'd rate my employment as only just average. We've had some challenges over the past year with technology, which I actually expect as the company is an acquisition. However, some challenges were completely unnecessary and could have been avoided completely with more advance planning by upper management and technology teams. The PTO and benefits are good for me, given my seniority with the company.
fun place to work but, stressful
Account Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJuly 15, 2016
First Advantage was a fun place to work but, it was stressful with all of the phone calls that came in.
The company was a good place to work, however their computer system needed updating.
Driver Qualifications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 22, 2016
A typical day involved computer verification of Driver's credentials and updating those credentials as necessary. Calls from Companies in order to update, discover, add or delete drivers.

The upper management of the company was verify involved with maintaining company standards and public opinions of the company. Direct management was truly concerned with their subordinates.

My department was put together in a matter of weeks. There was very little training materials available. Many of my teammates were very young and immature, This caused many restrictions on our team, thus making the work situation very tense.

The hardest part of this job was trying to complete tasks with the current system that would often crash or disconnect.

The best part of the job was being able to answer Customer questions and inquiries with needed information.
Pros
Being able to create customer satisfaction by obtaining information required.
Cons
Computer system used would often crash or disconnect while working.
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 29, 2015
Fun workplace with lots of challenges and opportunities. Management is supportive.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. I even began working my way up before we were hit with a departmental downsize.
Pros
Fun and challenging workplace with opportunity.
Cons
Job security is minimal

2.9