First Advantage Employee Reviews

Started out to be a fun place to work.
Random Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 5, 2016
First Advantage is the third name change since I started in 2006. With each name change came a different set of challenges. I learned a lot about migrations. Management for the most part was not involved in the daily activity. Co-workers were all hard workers and we helped each other out. The hardest part of my job was knowing that it was migrating out. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers.
Pros
Employee Appreciation Day
Cons
30 minutes for lunch
The company was a good place to work, however their computer system needed updating.
Driver Qualifications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 22, 2016
A typical day involved computer verification of Driver's credentials and updating those credentials as necessary. Calls from Companies in order to update, discover, add or delete drivers.

The upper management of the company was verify involved with maintaining company standards and public opinions of the company. Direct management was truly concerned with their subordinates.

My department was put together in a matter of weeks. There was very little training materials available. Many of my teammates were very young and immature, This caused many restrictions on our team, thus making the work situation very tense.

The hardest part of this job was trying to complete tasks with the current system that would often crash or disconnect.

The best part of the job was being able to answer Customer questions and inquiries with needed information.
Pros
Being able to create customer satisfaction by obtaining information required.
Cons
Computer system used would often crash or disconnect while working.
great
processor (Current Employee) –  9800 crosspoint blvdDecember 28, 2015
great to work for, learned a lot from them. was trained for 3 months for the job, worked for 7 months. great hour to work, fast pace job and good people to be around.
It was a very good place to work.
Verifier (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDDecember 13, 2015
It was very interesting working with different clients and talking to employers and schools all over the country. It was sometimes hard to deal with the applicants when they needed their applications done and we were not able to get ahold of some of the companies or schools to get the information we needed.
Pros
They were very good at working with you if you had any issues with your job or your homelife.
Cons
Management and Supervisors were not always there when you needed them.
A Lot of Change
Sr. Records Adjudication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 24, 2015
There has been many changes made to the company both personnel and system. Company merged 3 separate companies into 1 in only 18 months.
A Productive Day at First Advantage
Verification Processor (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 12, 2015
A typical day at work for me is coming in getting settled, prioritizing my work so I can get the most important out the way first. Helping co-workers out if needed. Adapting to change easily because at First Advantage things changed often such as systems that we used to verify background checks for our clients. I learned how to use different systems and how to train other people. I didn't really have a hard part of the job because I like to challenge myself. The most enjoyable part of my day was listening to music as I worked.
Pros
Learning new systems and codes, the atompshere
Cons
The job was temporary and I really enjoyed the work I did and my co workers
Only Just Average
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 10, 2015
While my current work team is hands down the best team I've ever worked with, overall I'd rate my employment as only just average. We've had some challenges over the past year with technology, which I actually expect as the company is an acquisition. However, some challenges were completely unnecessary and could have been avoided completely with more advance planning by upper management and technology teams. The PTO and benefits are good for me, given my seniority with the company.
Terrible Company
INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  n/aNovember 4, 2015
the worst run company i've every been apart of. they would rather outsource jobs to save money than have it done right and pay a little more for quality work.
n/a
Driver Qualification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 20, 2015
Fun place to work. My job is all about numbers. The one thing I don't like the 30 minutes lunches. There is not a variety in what I do everyday
Do not recommend First Advantage
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2015
They are good at hiring people and then laying them off after a short period of time. I do not recommend investing time here. Benefits so so, but 401K match is terrible - if you even get it.
Pros
flexible work schedule

Want to know more about First Advantage?

Ask a question
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 29, 2015
Fun workplace with lots of challenges and opportunities. Management is supportive.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. I even began working my way up before we were hit with a departmental downsize.
Pros
Fun and challenging workplace with opportunity.
Cons
Job security is minimal
Fun Place to work and Productive
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 22, 2015
Fun Place to work with supportive management team. Not all about numbers but how to work together as a team providing the best service to our customer. Growing together as a team and company.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
health care
nothing exciting to tell about the workplace
transportation specialist (Former Employee) –  indianapololisSeptember 11, 2015
I have no comments about first advantage, it was alright place to work not room for advancement the atmosphere was alright some of the people in the company was pleasant
Pros
an half hour lunch
Work Envionment
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaAugust 26, 2015
Great work environment, really great place to work, really nice people, great ability to network and increase pay. Great teaching and training
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
pay
No room for growth or change
Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 20, 2015
I was with the company for eleven years. I demonstrated my work ethic and knowledge and was a valuable asset to the company. There is no room for growth and constant lay-offs due to the company outsourcing work overseas. The majority of the employees were always disgruntled. There was never any recognition and employees were never punished for their actions,which impacted others. There was not an open door policy. If you expressed your concern and frustration, you would be punished in some way. When I reached my ten year anniversary, I didn't receive any recognition. First Advantage takes advantage.
Was a good place to work.
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2015
Worked there for two years had no problems with the company. Located in very nice building had all new equipment and I worked from home 3 days out of the week.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive Work Enviroment
Verification Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 8, 2015
I love that this place is only 25 minutes from my home. The company offers many benefits and competitive pay rate. There is always lots of work to do, not much downtime.
Not Employee Friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 6, 2015
This company has been sold several times. The new owners do not pay attention to what their employees suggest. Management needs to be more in tune with their employees.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Worked from home.
Background investigator| (Current Employee) –  st petersburg flJuly 13, 2015
This was a temporary job so job security was never there. The call volume was very slow and I was trained by 10 different people that had no clue what to train me. I literally sat in front of a computer with no training for about a month and told me to ask my neighbors for help but yet they had nothing to do with the clients I was handling.
Launch new Products
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2015
Coordinate with development teams, leaders and account managers to refine and implement new procedures. Oversee upgrade of all clients to new software platform. Communicate and work with all internal departments on product releases.

2.9