First Advantage Employee Reviews

Relaxed Environment, Great Management , Great Company
Corporate Client Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2016
Great work environment. Very relaxed atmosphere. The staff as far as the Vice President and Customer Service manager and very pleasant people who are very approachable, kind, and very down to earth. It was a pleasure with them. However my experience with the supervisor appointed to me is the ultimate reason why I am no longer working there. Would advise anyone looking for great opportunity to give it a shot maybe they will have a different experience.
Great Compensation
Regional Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2016
First Advantage has a lot of upside, but growing by acquisition presents challenges. There are several disjointed departments that have no idea how to be cohesive.
Worst experience ever
SR PAYROLL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2016
Management was horrible and treated salary exempt employees as if they were non-exempt. Talked down to staff as if we were ignorant and uneducated. Reported to upper management which resulted no changes.
Cons
Don't bother with this company
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 5, 2016
Pros: Insurance is not bad
Cons: Complicated and very high volume job with almost no training, management communication is confusing and contradictory, computers and software fails for days at a time before being fixed, other workers won't talk to you, very little help, too much gossip, the only time management talks to you is when they hear gossip, management has a blame the employees for everything approach, they like to threaten employees with lay offs and firings to get results.

This is a real amateur hour place. Management makes it up as they go along, anyone who has been there a few years is unfriendly and won't talk to you, the people who are supposed to train you will only show you something one time and then they get impatient with you. The job is very complicated and high volume of work, they tell you in interviews that it takes six months to learn but after two weeks they are piling work on your desk and offering no more training, telling you that they had to sink or swim and so will you. Manager stays behind closed doors and only talks to you if they have heard gossip complaints about you. Manager looks to hand out disciplinary letters when anything goes wrong, they always blame the new employees.
Pros
Not bad insurance
Cons
High work load, little training, unfriendly people, incompetent manager
Sales
Regional Sales Executive - West Region (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 3, 2016
3 managers in the first year. 2 territories within first year. High employee turnover at every level. Would not recommend organization or position to anyone.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
High employee turnover
Good work/life balance but no company direction
Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2016
Most of the work at FADV has been sent to India. There is no clear direction on where the company is going. Direction changes almost daily. Most employees have a "not my job" attitude and there is no teamwork at all.
Pros
Good benefits and flexible schedule. Work from home
Cons
No teamwork
Toxic
Professional (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2016
First Advantage was the worst experience of my professional career. No bonuses. No 401k. Unreasonable goals. Poor leadership. My purpose for posting here is to prevent anyone else from throwing away a portion of their life as I did at First Advantage.
Pros
There's a view of a lake from the office
Cons
Everything else
Not a good time to work here
Substance Abuse & EAP Admin Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 12, 2016
Once Lexisnexis Risk was bought by First Advantage, the company went down hill from there. Layoffs left and right. Whole offices closing down. No Bonuses in years. If you are looking for a long term career, stay away for right now. To many changes and you may get caught in the wild fire.
Fast pace large background and drug screening service
Director of Strategic Accounts (Former Employee) –  Work from homeAugust 25, 2016
Good management teams. First Advantage merged with two large background screening which caused the employees and customers to suffer some pain points. Overall a good work environment once the mergers finalized.
First Advantage - Great vision/No organization
Solutions Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2016
First Advantage has a great vision. They just want to protect everyone work place. They have great incentives and a great work culture.

They just don't know what theyre doing. There is no organization between departments. Clients have extreme wait times to complete requested projects on platforms....internal organization is a mess.
Good Work enviroment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIJuly 17, 2016
This was a good starter company to work for and get my foot in the door to the accounting world. Overall a good company to have experienced with.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
driving distance
fun place to work but, stressful
Account Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJuly 15, 2016
First Advantage was a fun place to work but, it was stressful with all of the phone calls that came in.
Productive workplace with business casual dress and opportunity to develop skills
Supervisor, Consumer Relations (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 7, 2016
Loved working at FADV. People are awesome. There is opportunity to develop your skills. It is a highly responsible workplace due to the nature of the business. You need to take your job seriously. As in any workplace each day has its ups and downs. Teams work together to get through each day.
Pros
Relaxed business casual dress (jeans and nice blouses)
Cons
high stress due to the nature of the business
Okay company over all, if you considering the politics of call Centers
Customer Support Analyst/ IT (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJuly 6, 2016
Okay company over all, if you considering the politics of call Centers.
Decent starting pay. However there are to many chiefs and not enough Indians.
The atmosphere is tense as if you are working for the FBI , not at all necessary.
In the short time I was there I defiantly noticed the revolving door.
high turn over rate.
Pros
Keeping you numbers up is not that hard to do.
Cons
One bad call get get you out the door.
Toxic
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJuly 1, 2016
More time concentrated on tactical operational issues than on time spent on strategic selling objectives.

I learned a lot about the business, processes and platforms. Teamwork was good.
Almost 4 yrs of working here, colleagues are fun to work with. Lack of poor management and job security is low
Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INJune 24, 2016
Over the past 3 years, I have develop close relationships with my colleagues. I started with one department and saw over 30 people get laid off. I decided to transfer to another department thinking that things might be a little different, however, it wasn't. I transfer from Verification Specialist to Driver Qualifications Specialist in 12/2014 and from Driver Qualifications Specialist, I was promoted to Driver Compliance. There was lack of poor training and management care less about their employees. Currently, our department is dwindling due to job lay offs / placement overseas. Don't feel secure any longer.
Pros
Great colleagues and benefits
Cons
Management and training
Great place to work.
Verifications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 23, 2016
The opportunity to grow was always available. Management always encouraged personal growth within the company. The people were a great joy to work with.
Pros
Ability to train in any area was steadily available. Educational expense was also provided.
Cons
Na
I was a temp
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 6, 2016
I WAS A TEMP SO I REALLY didn't care or can give any information on this company.
BLAH BLAH BLAH.
I dont care and i dont know why this is required to move on.
Employee-friendly and goal-oriented.
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2016
First Advantage acquired the Screening Solutions division of Lexis Nexis in 2010 and has been extremely steadfast in talent retention and recognition. My daily routine for the first few years was to completely train the offshore FADV team in Bangalore, India. I was provided with the necessities vital to the success of the transition. Additionally, I manage and support an offshore team in regards daily processes.
Excellent experince.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMay 24, 2016
The company I currently work for is great for a person who is looking to get work experince after college. This company provides growth in admistration dutes. The job duties are excellant experince. They offer room to grow.
Pros
Experince
Cons
Location of the business.