FIRST AMERICAN BANK Employee Reviews

Blah
l (Current Employee) –  ILSeptember 4, 2015
Don't expect too much from this company. Work your a** off with minimal compensation. Maybe a pat on the back. Oh and the incentives are harder to get now so be prepared to work harder for nothing pretty much.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything Else
Productive and fast paced job with good co-workers.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMAugust 28, 2015
At this job I was there long enough to be cross trained in some areas when we were short handed or needed help somewhere so that was a great thing I learned there. My co-workers were nice and we worked well together. Management just need a little more professionalism and things would go better there.
Pros
Nice friendly enviroment
Cons
Needs better insurance plans and mangament needs to work better with the rest of the bank.
A place where you get a lot of opportunities to advance.
Personal/Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 28, 2015
A place where you get a lot of opportunities to advance. Their training center is very good and instructors are well verse on their topics.
Laid-back environment with very customer-centered service.
Head Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAJuly 14, 2015
First American Bank is a great place to gain experience with the fundamentals of banking. Unfortunately, there is not very much room for advancement. That being said, it is a great place for being a teller. Co-workers and managers are friendly and job security and benefits are great as well. Overall, First American Bank is a good institution to work for.
Productive growing financial institution and great people to work with who are continually involved in community events.
Customer Care Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMJuly 13, 2015
I love dealing with people and I was able to do this everyday. Challenges are the most enjoyable part of my job. My department did not have much direction from upper management. I trained and implemented new ideas as I felt they were necessary.
Pros
Employee fund/monthly pot luck/Christmas party
Good paying job
Account Investigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJune 4, 2015
Nice Job it just should have been more staffed so there could be more time given to someone who had never worked in a call center/card services attmosphere
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Need more staff
Great work enviroment
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMay 20, 2015
Enjoyable workplace environment. Gained knowledgeable experience in all banking aspects. Friendly co-workers and great benefits as well as holidays off.
Excellent company
Capital Markets Operations-Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 30, 2015
Challenging environment

Learned time management and various software skills.

Great Management

Great co-workers

Excellent team-work; the company always made sure that there was adequate training provided when new processes were implemented.
productive and fun workplace
Assistant Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALMarch 13, 2015
I enjoyed meeting new people and helping people. Made deposits, withdrawels, and transfers for customer and answered multi phone lines.
Daily Work Day
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILFebruary 25, 2015
Opening the branch, performing overdrafts, helping clients. Balancing proof work for various branches, takinh=g in loan applications.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
staff
Workplace
Branch Manager, VP (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 5, 2015
The workplace was good. However at the time of the merger we had to build our customer base quite a bit due to loss due to the merger. I enjoyed going out and meeting new people everyday
Pros
meeting and working with people
Cons
iowa base bank coming in not knowing much of naples
Poor management Stuck in the 80s
Bank Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2015
Computer system is outdated . Management does not mentor, no room for advancement . very political place to work at not a fun place to work at.
Pros
the hours
Cons
lack of communication from management
Productive & Fun working enviornment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMJanuary 5, 2015
Awesome group of coworks to work with daily :))
Great customers!
Family oriented
processed accounts
computer programmer (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 10, 2014
started work at 5am reviewed the results of overnight processing and checked for any problems and fixed any errors. then on to new enhancements for the future also went to meetings for upcoming enhancements this process continued the rest of the day. Normally left work about 5pm
Pros
good working conditions, nice people to work with
Cons
most of the time when problems happened it meant for a long day and night
Productive and high volume of customer service
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Naperville , ILOctober 31, 2014
Very fun and high energy days with a lot of remarkable customers
Pros
very good training
First American Bank
Operations (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 3, 2014
A great place to work with optimistic management and plenty of room to utilize your skills. Merged with AmSouth Bank around 2000.
Enjoyed helping customers with their financial needs.
Assistant Vice President, Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Webster City, IAOctober 3, 2014
I enjoyed learning the banking industry. I would have liked to had more training before I started the position. I liked to help customers find the best product for their financial needs. I am a team player, when the teller staff where backed up with customers, I would get into a cash drawer and assist customers.
Pros
enjoyed working with my co-workers. like helping customers and meeting their needs.
Cons
would have like more training.
Great Educational Experience - Perfect to begin your career
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 19, 2014
You dive deep into the world of banking; handling multiple job functions to become a "jack of all trades". Retail, Commercial, Lending, Investments, Customer Service. These are your daily areas of responsibility to ensure that you are providing a quality experience for each and every customer you interact with.
Pros
great training program, great people
Cons
it is technically "retail" so sales goals are important. job never feels finished
Stressful environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXAugust 3, 2014
Stressful environment but friendly supervisor. Enjoyed working with the customers and coworkers.
Worked with many women that are friends for life
Mortgage Loan Collector (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INMarch 21, 2014
I hired on as First Federal, it was a wonderful place to work. German American Bank took over and everything changed. One by one our wonderful benefits were gone and they started downsizing. Within 2 years, the entire building was gone. I miss First Federal--I thought I would retire from that job.
Pros
holdiays and weekends off
Cons
most pay taken away for holidays, and many other benefits are a thing of the past