First American Financial Corporation

First American Financial Corporation Employee Reviews

very poor management
escrow asst. (Former Employee), Salt Lake City UtMay 10, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: benefits
I have worked at other title companies before and 1st American is by far the worst one. If you are not in their club, count yourself out. No training, back biting, and rampant gossiping. A company that has "American" in their name outsources their work overseas. Total hypocrisy. Management is non existent. Never seen a company with such disregard for their employees. You are a number. Horrible experience. Run away fast.
Poor Managment and people skills - Fake people
temporary billing clerk (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: the stress of always having to look over your back!
You can do your best and it will never be good enough. you are supposed to be like a robot and fit in with their group or they don't like you.
you better be the same everything they are and like everything they do or there are people in the department that will say bad things about you behind your back and try to get you fired.
I really thought I wanted to work for this company and tried my hardest to get in and then once I worked there I realized I was totally disillusioned and that it was not a good place to work at all.
Its to bad a few people have to give a company that has been around so long a bad rap! Management stinks, very fake.
loved working there
coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CaFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: friendly
Cons: low pay
Dont get me wrong i loved working for First American but management has no clue as to what they are doing. They fool you into thinking that there is room for advancement but they have favorites and already know who they will promote before they interview anyone else. I also had a manager tell me that I wasn't social enough to interview for a better position. I honestly thought i went to work to do my job not make friends and talk all day. They go off numbers, that is all you are to them. They dont care what issues there are with a file, just wotk so many a day and close so many a day. It really is just about numbers not what you know or how long you have been there.

The company does celebrate their employess at times when the company has an anniversary or bribe ypu to vote them the best place to work. They very rarely will include the employees spouse or family at company events which was a gripe of many employees.

They want to pay as little as possible for the job you do with very few rewards for doing a good job but will for sure point out all your mistakes. The company is all aboit who you know not what you know.
Started off great
Production (Former Employee), MinnesotaJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: nothing really.
Cons: no training provided. look down on you for taking allowed 15 min breaks
managment doesn't know what they are doing. They all talk about each other behind their back. You are just a number and they don't care.
You are just a number
Claims Resolution Agent (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CASeptember 9, 2014
Former employee... At first I loved being apart of the FA team then as my time went by there it became more stressful. The customers are usually very rude and they scream at you on most calls. HIGH STRESS... A lot of people quit because they cannot handle the stress. If your PI is not 100% at all times you get written up or fired.

I worked there as a temp agent for almost a year, then was let go due to my numbers not meeting their standard. I gave this company great customer service. They do not care that the customer was happy during the call, they only care if you said their last name more then once or said please & thank you more than once..

They are misleading-management makes you feel welcome then they drop you. They tell you that they will help you succeed then they drop you.

You do not get a set schedule/they change them every 2-3 months
You a not allowed to take time off or get sick.. It affects your PI score. I had some medical issues & I believe that is why I was let go.

I don't think this place is a good place to work---->you are not anything to them... They make it seem like a great place but it is really not... They train you and tell you either sink or swim!!

Its is a joke....
Stressful, overworked, pay not good
Escrow Assistant (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MISeptember 6, 2014
Pros: not many
Cons: long hours
Working for this company has added unnecessary stress in my life. Demand in overtime when overtime was not needed. Then when overtime was needed, it was not allowed and we were being forced to cut our hours during the week so we can work on the weekend for "straight time" to provide support for our lender. The company claims they are family oriented, I am lucky if I get to see my family at a minimum of 5 hours a week. There is little to no communication between managers and supervisors.
Very stressful, overworked and underpaid
Quality control Analyst (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 23, 2014
Pros: pto, health insurance
Cons: mandatory ot, awful pay, management
This Company started off great! After a corporate change, it went downhill. After 5 years over employment, numerous days/hours of mandatory overtime...my total pay increase over a 5 year span was about $1. The management is on a buddy system and if you're not a "favorite", you'll definitely feel the tension!
High stress and drama with little support
Former Supervisor (Former Employee), Westlake, TexasJune 19, 2014
Cons: long days, little appreciation.
Long days and weekends when busy

Management does not communicate or have your back

Associates will stir up trouble and drama if they do not like you

Very little to no training

Claim they are pro work/life balance, but very much the opposite
Open
Senior Team Lead Valuations (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 12, 2014
Open to a lot of different things. Staying on top of projects and people and open to change and growth.
great peope; great company.
Corporate and National Recruiter, Senior (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAMarch 31, 2014
Well established corporation with over 120 years of industry experience. Great company and great people.
great place to work at
claim specialist (Former Employee), van nuys, californiaFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: they pay well even to start
Cons: they layed me off when the re-cetion hit
I loved working holidays and weekends loved there 401k plan everybody is a team player and you can never ask for enough over time.