First American Employee Reviews

Good for Complacency
Senior Vendor Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 13, 2017
Initial impression was great- after three years and a change of core management- the culture and focus moved away from employee advancement and more to a "hire in from outside" approach. This has resulted in a toxic work environment affecting multiple offices, with many tenured employees parting ways with the company as they viewed their opportunities being given to lesser qualified/tenured individuals. I enjoy my work and my peers, however, management's vision has changed over the past 18 months.
Pros
Benefits are great, corporate is financially sound
Cons
micro-management, shift of focus from employee advancement to third party management hires, gives you the feeling of being a replaceable number
Excellent
Technical Release Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 11, 2017
First American has a great workplace culture and all the employees are very friendly and helpful. First American is a great place to work and grow your career.
Pros
Education, learning, people
Cons
workload
Productive, lots of work
Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sun Valley, CAOctober 11, 2017
I had a very good time working here, the work was very easy but required lots of attention. It gave me an opportunity to learn how to use computers and data entry in microsoft excel
Pros
easy work
Cons
very repetitive
Loved My Job
Title Examiner (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 4, 2017
It was my favorite job and I learned a lot. I was able to grow in the company and advance. I had great managers and made friends that I am still friends with today. If I hadn't had to relocate they would have had to push me out the door.
Great Place To Work
Associate Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 30, 2017
In this seasonal job, I had the opportunity to work with some very talented and dedicated people. The company was wonderful to work with and promoted the team spirit!
Pros
Rewards for excellence.
Cons
Non.
Great Place to Work
Loss Prevention Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 28, 2017
I enjoy working at First American, the management team makes a stressful work settling tolerable. You are required to work holiday, weekends and evenings.
Pros
great managment
Cons
working multiple weekends and evenings
Management always hires form outside. . Lots of favoritism.
Claims Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 25, 2017
Management always hires form outside with little to no training which makes everyone else job harder when their sup or manager how no idea how the company works. Lots of favoritism.
Pros
cake once a month
Intern Review
Information Security Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 24, 2017
Great Experience, great manager, great culture, everyone is helpful and friendly. I was given the flexibility the learn and grow. I appreciate First American for giving me this internship opportunity. Definitely coming back and apply for a full time job.
Good Place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 21, 2017
Fast paced, multitasking a must. Answered at least 100 incoming calls per day. Scheduled notaries for mortgage signings. Handled all complaints.
Learned how to think quickly and handle complaints efficiently.
Management was hands on and always available.
Hardest part of the job was the patrons complaints. Always wanted to give them excellent service.
The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Could be layed off at anytime due to the mortage fluctuation
Professional environment with top-notch staff.
Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 20, 2017
Professional environment with top-notch staff. Good work/life balance. Company puts people first when possible. Convenient location and excellent benefits.
Pros
Benefits, professional peers
Cons
Uncertainty about job security
Good Company
Document Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXSeptember 20, 2017
First American Corp was my first employer when I moved to the state of Texas. It was a good company that gave me the opportunity to learn the mortgage business. Near the end of my working for them the company was going through major changes that affected a lot of people. But overall it was a solid company...
Fast-paced yet friendly and supportive
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CASeptember 18, 2017
The training I received was excellent and comprehensive. It was a new experience for me and I was excited about that. It was a pleasure getting to know the sales people and management was present, visible and approachable. There seemed to be a genuine caring for each other, from management to the rank and file.
Pros
High expectations yet plenty of support and assitance.
work included weekends and odd time shifts
Customer Servie Rep (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa Island, CASeptember 16, 2017
Provide empathetic attitude. Listen to customers vent, set appointments, discuss coveragesand contract dates.Assign claim priorities. Take service payments.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
disappointing customers with wait times that seemed unreasonable to them
Great manager
Loan auditor (Former Employee) –  Tempe AZSeptember 15, 2017
Audited loan file disclosures for acceptability per investor guidelines Great manager that was accessable. Easy going workplace with great team work environment.
First American
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXSeptember 14, 2017
First American was a good place to work. I was Temp for almost a year and was laid off. This was a good job, with good people and it was a capacity where i didn't build or develop anything; because, they never asked me to.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Sometimes High Volume
The best
Escrow Intern (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 13, 2017
Awesome place to work with awesome management. Great environment and great people. I had an awesome internship here! I really appreciate everything they did for me.
Low workflow
Associate Appraiser (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 9, 2017
It is commission only so not knowing your paycheck is very stressful and they do not keep you busy enough. They do understand about family emergencies but you don't get any paid days off.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low commission
company is no longer in business
DE Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MASeptember 6, 2017
The company specialized in b grade FHA loans with ficos down to 580. There were always issues between the loan officers/management and underwriting. The company is no longer in business.
Average job
Sr. Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Average company. Doesn't really stick out as good or bad in my opinion. a lot of politics. Helpful in helping in understanding property preservation. No more to mention about this company
Pros
training
Cons
micro managed
work life balance
Billing Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 5, 2017
Great company to work for, allows you to work early and leave early . lots of growth within the company. The workplace's structure is great. Open door policy with mgmt.
Official response from First American
September 8, 2017

Thanks for such a positive review. We couldn’t agree more—our people truly are the key to First American’s success.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First American. Our community is ready to answer.