First American Employee Reviews

Fast-paced yet friendly and supportive
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CASeptember 18, 2017
The training I received was excellent and comprehensive. It was a new experience for me and I was excited about that. It was a pleasure getting to know the sales people and management was present, visible and approachable. There seemed to be a genuine caring for each other, from management to the rank and file.
Pros
High expectations yet plenty of support and assitance.
work included weekends and odd time shifts
Customer Servie Rep (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa Island, CASeptember 16, 2017
Provide empathetic attitude. Listen to customers vent, set appointments, discuss coveragesand contract dates.Assign claim priorities. Take service payments.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
disappointing customers with wait times that seemed unreasonable to them
Great manager
Loan auditor (Former Employee) –  Tempe AZSeptember 15, 2017
Audited loan file disclosures for acceptability per investor guidelines Great manager that was accessable. Easy going workplace with great team work environment.
First American
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXSeptember 14, 2017
First American was a good place to work. I was Temp for almost a year and was laid off. This was a good job, with good people and it was a capacity where i didn't build or develop anything; because, they never asked me to.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Sometimes High Volume
The best
Escrow Intern (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 13, 2017
Awesome place to work with awesome management. Great environment and great people. I had an awesome internship here! I really appreciate everything they did for me.
Low workflow
Associate Appraiser (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 9, 2017
It is commission only so not knowing your paycheck is very stressful and they do not keep you busy enough. They do understand about family emergencies but you don't get any paid days off.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low commission
company is no longer in business
DE Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MASeptember 6, 2017
The company specialized in b grade FHA loans with ficos down to 580. There were always issues between the loan officers/management and underwriting. The company is no longer in business.
Average job
Sr. Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Average company. Doesn't really stick out as good or bad in my opinion. a lot of politics. Helpful in helping in understanding property preservation. No more to mention about this company
Pros
training
Cons
micro managed
work life balance
Billing Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 5, 2017
Great company to work for, allows you to work early and leave early . lots of growth within the company. The workplace's structure is great. Open door policy with mgmt.
Official response from First American
September 8, 2017

Thanks for such a positive review. We couldn’t agree more—our people truly are the key to First American’s success.

Working for First American or any financial institution can be very challenging but also rewarding at the sometime
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCAugust 31, 2017
First American is one the few places that i have work for, that i can say that if any employee that works hard and apply themselves can advance in the company.
Strong Company, good benifits
Data Programming Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2017
First American was a good company to work for. They provide the flexibility to work from home and still be a productive member of the team. Enjoyed my time working for them.
Pros
Great Benifits and personel.
Cons
I have no complaints.
Great company that allowed creative marketing techniques
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 25, 2017
Although very competitive, company let management facilitate their branch. Branches were set up in areas that allowed huge opportunities for marketing and growth. Gave multiple options to assist clients with payoffs. Bonuses were excellent.
I enjoyed the job.
Curative Representative (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXAugust 23, 2017
I enjoyed the job. It was stressful at times. There was a lot to discover in this business. I loved helping both the lender and the borrower. I enjoyed building bridges with both.
Pros
Never ending work, the people
Cons
Sometimes chaotic
Official response from First American
September 8, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience with First American.

Fun and fast paced
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 22, 2017
Open files for Escrow officers. Fax and copy. Call for borrowers docs to be turned in. Verify Credit reports, Verify pay stubs, get copies of tax information. I learned how a loan was submitted and then processed. Hardest part of the job was just dealing with stress of the job being so fast paced and dealing with the Lenders directly. It was the co workers who made it worth it all. Family atmosphere.
Pros
end of the month free lunches
Cons
the Cafe
It was fun most the time
Outbound sales rep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix ArizonaAugust 19, 2017
I really enjoyed first American. Up in till the slow period of the year. management has expectations that aren't feasible. All in all first American is a pretty good place to work. They do a lot of things for their employees.
Pros
Good money in sales
Cons
Not very good money during the winter
Alright to work for
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 16, 2017
It was an okay experience. Long time ago so not sure how much would be relevant. Company culture was pretty relaxed. I learned a lot as my manager was pretty dedicated but she left soon.
Fun place
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 14, 2017
Fun productive and challenging environment where we constantly learned new regulations and systems. We were always busy and fast paced environment with great people.
Pros
challenging
Favorites
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, MIAugust 8, 2017
It was a great place to work other then if you are not friends with the boss you are not going anywhere. Worked to 5 years same department. Supervisor position opened I applied didn't get but a girl who was there only 6 months got it with no prior experience
Pros
Fast pass
Cons
Favoritism
tough culture
Project Director (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 7, 2017
Total old school white collar.

New and innovative ideas are crushed in documentation and political stranglehold.

I was lucky that i am a top producer!!
Pros
mediocre people thrive in this environment
Cons
stay inside the box
A fun company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2017
This particular job was a learning experience for me. I enjoyed the people I worked with. All the team members really cared about each other and their job performance, If you needed help, someone was there to assist,
Pros
Free lunches
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First American. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval