First Bank Employee Reviews

Outstanding Career Path Opportunities
Human Resources Recruiter (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 30, 2016
Ability to advance and grow while still maintaining work/life balance. Competitive compensation and benefit packages as well. Culture of teamwork and focus on group success.
Pros
work life balance, culture, compensation
Enjoyable place to work
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 27, 2016
Good job work/life balance. Great compensation/benefits. Good job security/advancement. Great management. Good job culture.
working environment is different from one market to another
Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 29, 2016
I work for FirstBank for 3 years and started from the ground up. I got hired as a teller, then got promoted to be a Lead after 6 months. As my degree is qualified to be a Management Trainee, I went ahead and applied for that position which required a change of market. Not only the people I worked with but also how things got done were so different. I was pretty much started fresh again.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
the people you work with can make or break the whole career
Greaqt salary and benefits. Poor management
VP - Operations - Mortgage (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoNovember 28, 2016
Excellent team of employees and coworkers. Management at my time of employment had a completely different view and work ethic.
Cons
Great place to start your career in business banking.
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VANovember 14, 2016
Wonderful place to work, neat people, room for advancement. Our branch was a family style branch, everyone worked together, and made it fun to come to work. My hats off to all my coworkers as we provided Front Royal with excellent service. Many have moved on in different directions but respect is still there.
Pros
Your talents were recognized and they were good for teaching new things.
Cons
Coin machine was more then a handful to deal with.
Unfortunate experience
Licensed Personal Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 15, 2016
I have worked for several banks during my tenure in financial services and have enjoyed working for all but this one. This is a family-owned bank which does not hold its employees in very high regard. The bank, as a whole, is understaffed, the mirco-management discourages and negatively impacts productivity and creativity and the human resources department is woefully inadequate and unresponsive.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Nice People, but not well managed
Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 17, 2016
This organization has had a lot of turnover in executive management and a transition of ownership from father to son, so leadership and management at the top is not well defined.
Good for students
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 26, 2016
*Good job just small / not many locations

*not enough benefits for part time

*not good for job advancement

*easy learning the system

*not enough technology advancement
Pros
Great atmosphere, not sales pushy
Cons
Not good benefits, No fast job advancement
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Denville, NJDecember 8, 2016
8:30 to 5:00. 1/2 hour for lunch. Pretty slow in the branch since remote capture and mobile deposit. Phones pretty active with lots of questions regarding online banking.

Honed my customer service skills

Hardest part of the job is dealing with bereaved relatives of account holders.

I really enjoyed building relationships with the customers.
Pros
nice work environment. Amazing health care! Dental and vision too.
Cons
sometimes there was too much red tape within the organization to get things done in a timely manner
Was a very fun and energetic job
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Antlers, OKSeptember 9, 2016
One of my favorite jobs was my teller job. I enjoyed seeing all of my customers leave happy. If there were ever a problem I made sure to do my best to fix it right away. My favorite part of my teller job was seeing familiar faces because they enjoy when you remember who they are it makes them feel special. I really liked all of my coworkers even became good friends with a few of the girls. My manager was great as well, she made sure everyone was balanced and checked regularly.
Pros
recieved a 25$ bonus if our drawer ballanced all month
Cons
wasnt really anything i didnt like about this particular job
Amazing company!
Professional Teller (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXDecember 22, 2016
I moved to Wichita Falls, TX as a temporary deployment with my significant other due to his military training. I was afraid of finding work due to my temporary status, and First Bank was willing to employ me knowing I would leave in a little over a year. The company is wonderful, and the people are even better! I couldn't have picked a better place to work for during my time here in Wichita Falls. I will miss this place when I move.
Loved the customers as well as all my co-workers
Teller/New Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Brighton, CO 80601December 21, 2016
Working at First Bank was an amazing opportunity. If I could still be working there, I would be but they don't offer Part-Time which is what I am currently looking for due to taking care of my daughter. I absolutely loved all of the customers that came in and I always went above and beyond to help them with their needs. My co-workers made the job that much more enjoyable and we always worked together to get things done.
Productive and fun place to work
Account Processer II/ General Ledger Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTJanuary 16, 2016
General accounting duties, working with Bankers and Customers about all account aspects Management were awesome to work for, very supportive and plenty of advancement. Would still be working for this company but after the merger of First Bank Systems with US Bank the atmosphere changes were not pleasant and required to relocate to another state in order to keep my job plus had to re-apply for my position after I trained employees for my position.
Pros
Educational environment very supportive, great pay and chances for advancement.
Cons
Merger with US Banks changes not supportive of previous job skills.
Ever changing environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ballwin, MOAugust 5, 2016
cash transactions, love my team that I work with on a daily basis, customer service, great management, hardest part is the unruly customers, most enjoyable part is seeing the regulars that come in to see you.
meeting different people and working with so many different people was great.
Customer Service Representative/Teller/Bookkeeping (Former Employee) –  Hope, ARNovember 29, 2016
Answering phones, opening new checking accounts, closing accounts, opening CD's, IRA's for customers, making deposit, withdrawls, helping people with theirs savings accounts
Pros
Getting to meet with people on a one on one basis
Cons
Breaks were taken when you could get one not when your time was here for one
Quiet work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILMay 3, 2016
Great place to work. I loved the people I worked with. I learned how to talk to people and patience. The management is great easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was sales. When customers don't visit the bank very often it's hard to sell to them. The most enjoyable part was the time spent with great people while at work. Being able to help people when needed and a being listening ear.
Pros
Getting to talk to customers
Cons
Short breaks, long days
Very Productive
Teller/CSR/Bookkeeping (Former Employee) –  Camden, ARJuly 25, 2016
Also family owned with a great management staff. You come out every day learning something completely new that you didn't know the day before. Everyone felt comfortable to be who they were.
Pros
PTO
Lots of changes. Great people but frustrating
Banker/Client Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 25, 2016
it is an ok place to work. but making simplicity complicated. The coworkers and management are great. the new upper management on the other hand, is making the work place more difficult
Pros
great coworkers, great clients
Cons
slow developing in modern bank era, too many changes all at once, causing frustration with everyone
Productive and stable company
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 25, 2016
Institution with good benefits for employees. Department that works under pressure and seven days per week. Bring incentives each month, depending productivity of the month.
Over all a good place with that being said the management is the problem
I worked as a teller (Former Employee) –  Camden, ARJanuary 3, 2017
When they try you in a new position and it does not work out they make it hard on you to get u to quit.I know the customers are always right when working in public but they cuss u and u have to take it .very stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Bank. Our community is ready to answer.