First Baptist Church Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Paula, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Data entry, creating bulletin and prayer guide, bookkeeping.
How to be a listener and helper to all that came in. My office manager was so great, working with her was so great. We would always talk out solutions for things that came up every week we dealt with. The short hours were hard not to stay longer than hired for. Just coming to work was awesome.
Fun and friendly enviorment
Nursery Worker (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Staff was incredible friendly and understanding of everything. Children and parents were very nice. Coworkers were easy to work with and helped you when you were new.
excellent place to work
CUSTODIAN (Current Employee) –  St. Clair MissouriJanuary 15, 2018
I truly enjoy the atmosphere of First Baptist Church. The only down side would be there is no option for advancement if you are a custodian, and the hours are completely set. I work 20 hours a week for a pay that will not increase. The benefits are how kind and flexible the staff are. I couldn't ask for better coworkers.
Pros
Major holidays during the week are paid days off
Building Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 14, 2018
This is a great place to work, friendly, God honoring people, enjoy fellowship, and the work at First Baptist Church in Pasadena, CA, over the past four years.
Great place to serve
Financial Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pineville, LAJanuary 14, 2018
Everyday is different with different tasks and responsibilities. Things done daily include deposits, posting bills to be paid, sorting mail, answering phone, updating membership information, assisting guests, and making copies. Attendance reports were done twice a week on Sundays and Thursdays with reports emailed to department directors. Materials were ordered quarterly and distributed a week or so before the next quarter was to begin. Some materials were compiled quarterly and mailed weekly. Payroll was done bi-weekly. Multi-tasking was a must since the job was multi-dimensional.
Working where everyone is your boss was at times stressful. Multiple deadlines were also stressful. Being respected by peers was definitely a high-point.
Pros
Daily tasks, great work atmosphere, compensation, time off
Cons
Stressful, deadlines, too many bosses
Great place to learn how a large church functions.
Assistant to Students and Discipleship (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 12, 2018
At First Roanoke, you are taught the core truths of the Bible in your work. You are taught how to work in a large church setting and how to handle promoting your ministry. You work with each minister on creating monthly events as well as the weekly events.
Fun environment to work
MEDIA INTERN (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Great place to work. Staff care about each other and loved the Lord with all of their heart. It was a privilege to work at a place that cares so deeply about one another.
Event set up
Event Set up Tech (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 10, 2018
I did event set up, cleaned up rooms as needed. The people were very nice and very helpful and always willing to show you things if you didn't know. I would recommend this place to others.
Home church loving environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLJanuary 9, 2018
I interned at my home church since my major in college is students ministry. It was great being around the town I lived in a have built many good relationships with the people there as well.
Fast paced
teacher (2 & 3 year old age group) (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Instructed a 2 year old class .. did lesson plans and had music and outdoor time also with the children. Did mAny crafts and worksheets with them on a daily basis .
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Underpaid
In need of good people
Youth Coordinator/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Weston, MOJanuary 7, 2018
I served as the youth leader for this church. This is an unpaid position in terms of money. It is great to work with the kids and see their growth. Family friendly church that makes you fell welcome.
productive
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 5, 2018
Working at a church you must remain humble and have faith in God knowing that he will fix things and people of the church. I was receptionist to answer phone and take messages. I enjoyed working but wasn't happy with the behavioral of some staff members.
Pros
learning corp.
Cons
cut troat
Great daycare for your kids
Daycare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAJanuary 2, 2018
The people at the daycare are great and easy to work with and provide a great work environment and also a great daycare for parents to feel safe to leave their children
Fun environment with lots of sweet little ones
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 1, 2018
I loved to work here because I got to help take care of all the sweet little ones from infant to four years. They were lots of fun and full of sweet little giggles. Fellow staff members were good people to work with and it was a fun environment to be in.
Loved working friendly free atmosphere
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  301 fergusonDecember 22, 2017
Typical day was you knew what had to be done and you went in and did what was required to be done when you finished your area before the rest we helped each other it was really a team effort there would be days somebody would not be there you took up the slack locked with two guys for fifteen years we never had a misunderstanding we became brothers on the job the other employees were all great together after 15 years the church decided to go in different direction and my job was outsourced at the end of the year
Pros
Staff get to geathers parties lunches
Cons
Insurance was to high
Small work environment
Lead bible studies/ worship services (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MODecember 18, 2017
Learned how to disperse the word of our religion to various people across the United States through mission trips to various states. Led and learned alot about others through youth group sessions.
Poor place to work.
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 17, 2017
They try to recruit you to their religion daily. Manager is micromanager with a task list that could not be completed in one week much less one day. Expectations are not linked to reality.
Great company
Lead Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MODecember 14, 2017
Management is great, kind, and accommodating. Co-workers work together and have each other's best interest at heart. Still in relationship with many of them. Most parents seem to be very involved with children and willing to work cooperatively with you as the teacher.
Played dual role in this position
General/Secretary for Youth Minister (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 11, 2017
Very busy throughout the day.

I learned that being continually flexible is crucial.

Management could be "on again, off again."

Overall good workplace culture

Supervisors did not always agree with management

Having the ability to work well with people, and always exercising patience and tolerance made my days enjoyable.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Management could be "on again, off again."
It was a relaxed atmosphere and I enjoyed the people.
Secretary to Pastor at Church (Former Employee) –  Odem, TXDecember 8, 2017
I had to keep books, answer the phone, bulletins, newsletters, and emails, funerals, weddings etc, and dealing with the public. I only worked 6 hours a day and trying to get all the things done that needed to be done was a challenge.
Pros
A wonderful and loving atmosphere.
Cons
Too much expected beyond just the job duties.