First Baptist Church Employee Reviews in United States

Good but not the best
Infant and Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXJune 22, 2016
I loved working there, 90% of the staff was excellent, and the kids were awesome. Every day I was in a different class room, but I always went back and forth between the same rooms. Some days were better than others, some class rooms were easier than others but that was apart of the job.
Pros
awesome kids
Cons
small/no breaks, poor management
Best place I've ever worked
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 20, 2016
Flexible schedule, good pay, wonderful staff. It was a wonderful opportunity to be able to share the gospel with college students and host fellowship events. I truly enjoyed serving my faith family.
Secretary
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Olla, LAJune 16, 2016
This was a very small church that I kept there books and deposited all monies and applied them to the correct funds. I kept the schedule for the pastor of the church and had to go to their business meetings and do the minutes for each monthly meeting. Published there weekly calendar. Very nice people
Busy, always moving with something else to do.
Youth Ministry Intern (Former Employee) –  Mustang, OKJune 14, 2016
Although I said it was busy that doesn't mean it was a bad thing. I loved every second of working there with new puzzles coming along and event planning. All in all I couldn't believe that it just kept me in check at all times. There was never a down moment of just sitting around not doing something.
Fun workplace, opportunity to be creative and show leadership!
Teacher - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLJune 11, 2016
I personally loved my time working at First Baptist Church of Saint Cloud. I loved the staff, and the children! I got to learn how to be prepared for a lesson, and I got to learn better teaching skills. My Co-workers were very supportive, and were able to offer all kinds of ideas to better my class. The smiling faces were the best part working there, but there were some moments of difficulty as well in learning how to deal with a disruptive child. That was quickly overcome when he had a chance to be teachers assistant.
Awesome fellowship!
Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJune 3, 2016
I love being on staff at First Baptist Church. Great people, friendly atmosphere! The people are nice and helpful and working with children is very rewarding in so many ways!
Christian based work environment, perfect for students of all ages.
Lisa Doyle, Children Director (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJune 1, 2016
FBC is a laid back work environment, that is able to work around a busy schedule. While there aren't enough hours for a full time job, it is a fantastic job for the individual wanting to make an extra $40 for gas money. Being with the children and impacting their lives even for a couple of hours a week is very special as well.
Working at a church is fun
Worship Technician (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARMay 31, 2016
I was initially hired as a simple tech to create the full color church bulletin, assimilate sheet music for two worship teams, create rich multi-media presentations for Sunday services. Within a few months the church let me take over the care of the database system and church server, they also let me fix all PCs in the building. It was nice to be trusted and to take a greater and more technical role.

My working hours weren't always stable, though I always had the same start time and same days of the week for 7 years (I was often asked to work late.). I was also given raises as my worth to the church increased. I was given sick days, personal days and vacation. The church was very supportive of my needs.

The atmosphere was wonderful, the people were great, and there was free food in the break room almost every day. I set up media presentations in various places around the buildings which caused me to have to work with people not employed by the church. They were always supportive and made me feel worthwhile. A very good experience.
Pros
Pleasant and friendly people, free food, lots of food, complete access to all critical systems
Cons
did not provide health insurance, hours were sometimes very long
its a nice place
Child Care Teacher (Former Employee) –  Saint Francisville, LAMay 31, 2016
I loved it. the managers are great. The staffiis clean and neat, and they. I enjoy the customes they are nice , they make the day go by
Energetic Environment and Welcoming People
teacher's assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 18, 2016
Everyday I was switched between the toddler room and infant room. I would play with the children, set up lunch, clean up around the classroom, and help children fall asleep during nap-time. I learn how unique each child is and this experience ultimately decided my major . My coworkers were very friendly and always had a smile on their face. The hardest part of the job was children who were strongly attached to their parents and would cry all day long. The most enjoyable part was getting the children to laugh or smile.
Enjoyable spirit among workers
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 18, 2016
Because I go to church at First Baptist, I enjoyed working with people that I have known for years. The overall attitude among people at work is very contagious.
Pros
Co-workers and good work environment
Cons
Not the greatest pay
Homey, great enviroment
Child Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Niceville, FLMay 14, 2016
I loved this company it was an outstanding company to work for. All the kids were fun and easy to get along with. I loved all the people I worked with, they really made me feel like family.
Good co-workers and fun place to work
TEACHERS AIDE (Former Employee) –  1328 16th St NW, Washington, DC 20036May 12, 2016
My co-workers were amazing to work with and I felt comfortable and welcomed. The most enjoyable part of the job were the children and taking them out to the local parks and the inside gym. The director is very organized and patient with the workers. The hardest part was trying to keep up with the schedule that was set for the children based off what the lead teacher had planned for them.
My ideal job, but I couldn't manage on the salary.
Administrative Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 11, 2016
I worked for a Pastor who was in charge of the Singles, Missions, and Seniors Ministries of the church.

I was given the opportunity to learn and use all the skills learned in computer classes I had taken after leaving banking. Plus a lot of the skills and experience I had learned in banking were used as well.

I started out doing data entry by doing the registrations for the church camp which amounted to 3,000+ campers a summer. I learned to do reports for the camp director and his board. I also had to call merchants for donations for a Harvest Time Festival which was in place of Halloween for the children in our community.

As the Administrative Assistant/Secretary I handled all the Pastor's communications for all his ministries. I did the registrations and handled the details for classes for the Singles Ministry. I also handled all the accounting and assisted in the details for the short term mission trips our members took each year.

I hated to leave, but I was working between 50 and 60 hours a week with the 2 jobs to try to make enough to live on.
Pros
I loved the work and felt I did it well.
Cons
Pay was low, I wasn't able to increase my hours to be able to get benefits, I had to have a 2nd job to earn enough
First Baptist - Excellent Ministry
VISITING MINISTER (Current Employee) –  Mt. Holly, NJApril 24, 2016
The staff and workers of FBC Mt Holly are strong Christians with a love for the Lord and a desire to serve Him sincerely. My focus at this church was on care and counsel for those the hospital and retirement homes (i.e. Pastoral care & chaplaincy). The other staff members were strong prayer and work partners, and there was a balance of worship, discipleship, fellowship, stewardship and mission. I focused also on building fellowship in the Body and especially among the men's Bible study and discipleship. I am technically an unpaid volunteer, but I was placed on the Board of Deacons and am often asked by the staff and the Senior pastor to minister in many ways.
Pros
Sweet fellowship, Strong worship
Cons
Good environment with amazing people.
Sound Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenilworth, NJApril 23, 2016
I learned how to use prepare speakers and microphones for a church service. It was easy but you had to pay attention to what person was using what microphone so I could adjust it to their voice.
Good Staff
Nursery Room Worker (Current Employee) –  Portales, NMApril 19, 2016
Everyone is really nice. I just wish that it was more of a full time job instead of a once in a while type of job. Also they only pay you the very minimum they don't pay you for over time or anything very cheep
Pros
nice staff
Cons
money
Great to bring people together
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  McComb, MS 39648April 10, 2016
Ministry Work for the community to help those that need Automotive Repair but can't get it, it's great, fun to do, and you get to meet some very interesting people.
A great place for my children to grow up. Friendly folks abounded.
Senior Pastor (Former Employee) –  Newton, NJMarch 28, 2016
I served as the pastor of the church so I worked in conjunction with the deacon board to lead the church. It was difficult to leave such an encouraging environment but my in-laws were struggling with health issues and my wife and I had to move to be closer to them.
Great Place
Technical Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 24, 2016
I love this job, I get to be creative & be part of a great team doing great work. As a story teller I get to do what I love most.
I help the Director of Communication. This takes a lot of pressure off a fine man. That makes me happy
Pros
Great Peopl

4.4