First Baptist Church Employee Reviews

A Church with great potential
Senior Pastor (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOFebruary 10, 2017
This church had a great potential, but there were a few vocal members who constantly resisted and change or improvements.
The church has a small group that did not trust a pastor or other staff and they used their "influence" to block anything they did not approve of.
But there were other members who were very positive and desired to see the church change and reach people.
Pros
Has the resources
Cons
Would not allow anyone to use these resouces to reach people
Fun and relaxed work environment. It is very rewarding.
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSFebruary 3, 2017
The environment is a blast. You get payed to play with children. It doesn't get better than that. The supervisors are always nice and accommodating.
Pros
Fun and rewarding.
Cons
Was a joy to be at this church
Youth Director (Former Employee) –  Lillian, ALFebruary 1, 2017
I really enjoyed engaging with the teenagers of this church. I was able to watch many of them go from middle school all the way through high school graduation. It was a blessing begin a part of their lives and watching these teens grow into great men and women of our community.
Helping people in need
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 31, 2017
I always had something to do helping set up tables and making sure everyone was served that came in through the doors. Its a fun environment that allows me to volunteer with new people I have never met before. I enjoy interacting with the guest that come in that tell me their story but the hard part is not being able to help with more than what we have to serve. Its a pay free volunteer thing and I'm glad I volunteer.
Pros
Free food
Stressful envirement
Worship Intern (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Worked directly for the Music director and completed any task that was given to me in a timely manner. Learned the business side of a church. Learned good organizational skills.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
stressful workplace
An office environment with office tech
Internship (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAJanuary 24, 2017
This job was really the type that I knew I would benefit the most from. My degree was/is Office Administration and Tech., so working on computers was great training to the career that I wanted. I didn't really learn anything because I mostly worked on the Word program, and, as I have been working with it for more than a decade, I have a pretty basic understanding of how that program worked. The manager and coworkers were nice people and, luckily, gave me a lot to do. I also answered phones and helped people with their problems. The hardest part of the job was when I also had to clean up the church that I worked in. The most enjoyable part was when I did data-entry (and also created brochures).
Pros
Breaks, Lunch, Being in a familiar environment
Cons
Doing activities that had nothing to do with my career plan (cleaning the church)
Fun work place
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 9, 2017
This was a great place to work. Everyone worked together and it was very fun. I would recommend working here for anyone. The managers are amazing and the facility is super clean.
Child Care Fun
Child Care Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksboro, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Taking care of the babies at the daycare was fun. I learned not 1 child is the same. My co-workers and I had fun. The hardest part of the job was getting the babies on the same schedule. The most enjoyable part was getting to spend 1 on 1 time with each baby.
Child Care
On Call Baby Sitter (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Was the beginning of my job opening. Didn't pay much, sometimes not at all.I worked with kids from newborn - 10 years old, watching, teaching and learning. I worked by myself independently. Very nice and caring company.
Enjoyed public speaking and helping others
Pastor (Former Employee) –  Dime Box, TXJanuary 3, 2017
• Taught classes Sunday and Wednesday evenings and. Delivered Sunday morning sermon
• Provided spiritual instruction and counseled congregants in social and religious areas of Christian faith
Some need dismissal, shift in leadership due to required training
Senior Pastor (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCDecember 31, 2016
Pastoral hours 9-6 M-T-W-T, Friday 9-1 PM
Review and meet with City Council at Large regarding Washington St community development (every two weeks). Performed Pastoral duties as required. Visited the sick, and Visited the neighborhood school on various occasions 'Penn Griffin'. Manage all administrative responsibilities
Pros
reestablishing foundationial principle
Cons
attempting to reestablish discipleship principles
Friendly coworkers
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  threesDecember 29, 2016
This job was a great foot in the door. It is pleasing to the eyes and is a five star facility. I believe that every worker who is there truly loves working with the children.
Loved working here
Accounting Clerk/Records Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CADecember 28, 2016
Working here was more than a job it was a ministry and the people were my extended family. I did not want to leave employment here but unfortunately I needed healthcare and retirement benefits. Most churches can't offer full-time employment with benefits. I learned many job and customer service skills that helped me secure another job. Even after many years I still have a close relationship with several of my co-workers from FBC.
Pros
flexible schedule, sense of fulfillment, wonderful people
Cons
low pay, no benefits, always on duty
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GADecember 28, 2016
Loved my job. Loved what i did but there was just to much stress and negativity and i just couldnt handle being talked to like im disgrace anymore. And no one should.
Great work environment
Lead Pastor (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, KSDecember 28, 2016
Small town church with one fulltime and two or three part time staff members. Very caring people with a heart of gold. Great experience.
Pastor
Full Time Senior Pastor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, KYDecember 27, 2016
Care for the needs of individuals, able to be with people during the good times and support them during their times of crisis.
Excellent work inviornment, very enjoyable job
Music Academy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXDecember 25, 2016
Each day I would usually talk to a parent(s) of a prospective music student(s) tell them about our academy and what it has to offer, make arrangements to enroll them and assign them a teacher. The enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the parents, students and teachers.
Pros
Excellent work inviornment
Cons
No benifits
Rewarding and challenging Job
Associate Pastor (Current Employee) –  Ulysses, KSDecember 12, 2016
The position is as an associate pastor in a church. The job can be both flexible and challenging. I have had opportunity to learn and grow, preparing myself for the next level.The environment is one of appreciation and love.
Daycare teacher
Certified Pre-School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCDecember 7, 2016
I worked as a teacher at a church based daycare. Made daily schedules for the children and taught them all the basic needs for Kindergarten. I truly got a joy working with preschool age children and watching them grow. I still see some of the children/adults and them just remembering me from years back touches my heart.
Enjoyable place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pampa, TXNovember 28, 2016
A typical day at First Baptist Church is working with happy people, answering the phone, updating bus ministry from the week end, mailing 3 up cards to volunteers, setting up reservations for use of the building, making sure copy machine is functioning properly, going to the Post Office, taking messages for 3 Pastors, and generally talking to people that are having a hard time.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with the homeless.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with are always ready to help when needed. We share responsibilities at any given time. The love each person shows to each other is great.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
In a lock in environment because of threats.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Baptist Church. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4