First Baptist Church

First Baptist Church United States Employee Reviews

Fast-paced office responding to requests from members
Church Business Administrator (Former Employee), Rockville, MDApril 18, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to work independently
Cons: Lack of clear hierarchical pathway to solve problems.
Working at FBCR was quite exciting. Though the day may have been planned with specific tasks, at a moment's notice the request of a member or community resident could cause that to be set aside in order to assist with their request. Each staff person had specific tasks assigned to them, and there was little opportunity to work together. The hardest part of the job was trying to respond to requests for assistance like money for food, or housing, and not having the resources to help them. The best part of the job was being able to respond quickly and completely to the request of a member.
It's very fun and energizing to hang out with kids!
Childcare Worker (Current Employee), Wichita Falls, TXApril 15, 2015
I love being in this environment because it's so positive and encouraging. I usually just watch kids until it's time for them to go to class. I lead an awana group on Wednesday nights. There's nothing really challenging in this job but the best part about it is being with the kids and having an influence on them.
Maturity
Student Pastor (Current Employee), Munday, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Loving, Caring, supportive
Cons: pay for all utilities, insurance, rent, implied expectations, no freedom
Learned: ABout Maturity/ Perseverance

9 hours or more daily.

Management: Balance between ministry and Marriage

Co Workers: we Worked well together mostly.

Hardest Part of Job: Was Balance

Most Enjoyable Part: Loving People like Jesus
Good atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Orangeburg, SCApril 8, 2015
Day to day would check all phone lines, do the hospital list, get the newsletter together, answer all phone calls, emails, etc...
Simple job with decent pay.
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee), Payette, IDApril 1, 2015
Pros: Extremely flexible work hours.
The custodian work was simple but rather time consuming. The compliments and the check that was received afterwards felt quite rewarding.
Good People
PASTOR (Current Employee), Centralia, MOMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Flex Schecule, Adequate Compensation for size of church, Kind people
Cons: Culture unwilling to embrace present realities. tied to traditions
It is a typical small town church. While the people here are gracious, there is a significant resistance to change. Typically I am in the office Monday through Thursday. Saturdays are generally free, but there are ministry needs that can come up at any time. Evenings are somewhat overburdened with repetitive unnecessary meetings. It took us 18 months to get to the point where the church would agree to hire another full-time staff member. The hardest part of the job are the unwritten and unspoken expectations of some members. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing lives begin to change and equipping and encouraging families.
Great work place
Receptionist/Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Abilene, TXMarch 22, 2015
Cons: pay
The hours and work place are great. However because it's a non-profit the pay is low. I really enjoy my co-workers and the church members that I work with daily.
Nursery Work
Daycare worker (Current Employee), Greenfield, OKMarch 22, 2015
I watch kids starting at newborn to age 3. The kids usually range from a year to 3 years of age. It's a really fun job and it's only twice a week. I mostly do this by myself because we live in such a small town there's usually only a total of maybe 5 kids on a good week.
Fun, Loving Environment
Child care worker (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 18, 2015
Great place to work. Honest employees and members. I had the best boss ever. I loved forming bonds with the children but some days they will test your patience. Overall a great place.
Positive environment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 12, 2015
Open to new and fresh ideas. Always positive! Great place to work! I enjoyed being able to work in a diverse group of people.
Excellent
Teacher (Former Employee), Belton, TXMarch 12, 2015
Loved woriking at the daycare. lolololololololololololololllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Very great place to work
Maintenance/customer service (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: most events, you were invited to
Cons: i was laid off
I enjoyed working there, the time I was there before everyone was laid off. The job was very busy with different types of activities from graduations to simple church service. The employers were very active in the employees daily work and if you had any questions about anything, they were willing to help.
Wonderful job
Administrative Assistant to Education Minister (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 4, 2015
Loved working for First Baptist Church. Each day was different. You were always around positive people that were there to help you in any way.

I learned so many things about what really goes into working with a church and how it is a business as well as a place of worship.

I moved to Lexington SC, so I needed to find a job closer to my home.
Great Workplace and Great people.
Grounds Keeper (Former Employee), Springfield, MOFebruary 17, 2015
I enjoyed the work and the people there were great! Everybody was friendly and i got to spend plenty of time with my family.
I loved the job!
Church Secretary (Former Employee), Kittanning, PAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great hours for part time 5 hour day
Cons: benifits not offered may be negotiable
This was a temporary position for me. My church's secretary had emergency surgery and I was asked to fill in during her absence. The position is working on your own most of the day with not a lot of pressure.
Low Stress and Fun
Church Maintenance (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJanuary 17, 2015
My typical day at First Baptist Church involved general maintenance and upkeep of the church. I learned how to use pieces of equipment that I have never used before. My management and co-workers were all great and enjoyable to be around. To be completely honest, there wasn't really a hard part about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in the Lord's house and serve him in that way.
Church Job
Band Director (Former Employee), Cleveland, TNJanuary 6, 2015
Provided music for a youth service. I increased my knowledge and experience directing bands with this job. The hardest part of this job was attempting to introduce progressive worship experiences in a conservative environment.
loved working with people and being help
Church Counselor (Former Employee), West Memphis, ARJanuary 5, 2015
though i heard a great problems i was always ready to give my best at making there life jest a little bit better needless to say i had no complaints
Good place if you loved kids.
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), Alliance,ohioDecember 29, 2014
Was opener, worked with parents and their children, lesson plans, set up room, clean room, teach lessons, play and anything else I needed to do for the room because of was the head teacher.Enjoyed working with my co-workers made me feel like family. Most enjoyable was spending time with the kids and teachers. Hardest was leaving for more hours and money.
summer youth employment
Food Distributor (Former Employee), Far Rockaway, NYDecember 11, 2014
Worked as a food distributor organizing and distributing canned goods on certain days to people in the neighborhood. Other duties included organizing ,sorting and receiving shipments of foods daily

1 2 3 4 5