First Baptist Church

First Baptist Church Employer Reviews

Busy but fun
Daycare Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCAugust 27, 2014
You have to enjoy being around a lot of children and work well under stress.
Exceptional work place with great people.
Audio & Sound Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: family environment, great energy and a positive outlook on the community.
I've been a member and volunteer at this church since 2003 and I love it.
A good job, but very difficult in a lot of areas.
Student Minister (Former Employee), Archie, MOAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free housing
Cons: healthcare, benefits, pay, location of housing (right next to church)
This was my first professional job out of college. Typically, I would prepare lessons from a week up to six months in advance for the students that I taught.

I learned that I am good at being relational with people but very inexperienced with planning and organizing activities. I got them done, but it was like pulling teeth to get help from anyone.

I – more... simply could not have asked for a better boss as he was also my co-worker.

The hardest part of the job was making myself be a self-starter, but the most enjoyable part was being able to grow my relationships with the students I lead and their families. – less
friendly volunteer workers and boss
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Gustine, TXAugust 10, 2014
Pros: got to eat free snow cones
They charged a bit high for snow cones, but I managed to work with it and sold a decent amount of snow cones to people who didn't even want any.
FBC was a great place to work, but the health insurance was terrible, & there was no room for advancement.
Music Ministry Secretary (Former Employee), Norman, OKJuly 31, 2014
Pros: working in a friendly atmosphere
Cons: health insurance was expensive & not good.
On a typical day at work, I filed away music; entered data into the computer; pulled out & distributed music; typed sections of the weekly bulletin; covered the receoptionist's lunch hour by answering a multi-line switchboard & greeting walk-in customers; etc.

At FBC, I learned more about using Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Publisher; how to use a laminating – more... machine; how to use a Risograph; etc.

The management at FBC were all kind, helpful & caring people, & I enjoyed working for them.

My co-workers at FBC were fun & caring people, & I enjoyed working with them; I still occasionally see them & talk with them.

The hardest part of the job was when the folding machine would quit working, & we had to tri-fold at least 1,000 bulletins by hand. Thankfully, that didn't happen very often.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others enjoy worship services, & knowing how my efforts helped services run smoothly. – less
Very productive workplace and fun for the workers and children.
Childcare Provider (Former Employee), Plainview, TXJuly 25, 2014
Pros: fun wok environment
A day at work consisted of cleaning, and planning, and preparing for all the children we had that would come into our childcare unit.
A peaceful and challenging position, giving me the ability to express creativity
Office Manager (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: peaceful, spiritual atmosphere
Cons: too much alone time, and not enough work to fill the day
Opening mail, answering the phone and taking messages, filing, creating bulletins and inserts, printing, collating and mailing newsletters.
I learned to operate and maintain the new computer to copy machine program, scanner. How to use a FAX machine, how to use clip art.
Management was comfortable and easy to work with
Hardest part of my job was working – more... alone most of the day
Being creative – less
Professional and Great people
Office Manager (Former Employee), Littlefield, TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: family environment
Cons: no health plan
My job was 8-5 schedule. The fall through first part of June are the busiest part of my job. If I did not understand, the staff was willing to help out to explain. The hardest part of my job is really nothing as long as I keep up with my time management. I really enjoyed working for First Baptist Church because they are willing to make the job atmosphere – more... friendly but business all at the same time. – less
Since the church no longer exists, I can't say more.
Senior Pastor (Former Employee), Youngtown, AZJuly 17, 2014
As noted above, the church does not currently exist, so I have nothing further that I can add to what has been noted above.
Great Job... people suck to work with
Technical Publications Specialist (Current Employee), Winchester, VAJuly 10, 2014
I love working for the church, but hate working with certain people that are working there.
Wonderful Christian enviornment.
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Madisonville kyJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free meals, co-workers
Genuine caring and compassionate co-workers
Clean work environment
A place to work with God's people
Child Caregiver/ Event Organizer (Former Employee), Yorba Linda, CAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: a godly boss
Cons: i was just a part time helper
I did the caregiving for the babies and the toddlers every sunday. Sometimes I got to help set up for parties and helped clean up afterwards
Friendly environment, Fun times
Volunteer (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXJuly 5, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, fun times
A Godly place to work with friendly people. If you want a good Volunteer job this is you job.
overall job were sometimes stressful
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2014
Pros: no free food
Cons: enjojed the church services
Jobs was a good job and being a Christian person a was challenging for me.
working in the Ministry...
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Fremont, MIJune 27, 2014
Pros: come and go when i liked.
Cons: to many boss's telling you what to do.
Working their was great the people were nice and it kept me very very busy.. not the same thing every day.. Worked with alot of people which is very exciting and meeting new people as well.
Great place to be they love god and singing!
Church Song Leader (Former Employee), Morehead, KYJune 24, 2014
My church family was nothing but good to my wife and I. We both were a big part of the choirs at FBC and will always have a spot in our heart for that place.
I loved working with children, they have great programs
Assistant Childcare Provider (Former Employee), Holly Hill, SCJune 24, 2014
Pros: i got to help care for children at a early age and i feel like i did a very good job.
As a church daycare they are the most friendly, supportive, and caring place that I have found to be. They are interested in the well being of others and offer help when needed.
overall a good place to work
Executive Assistant to Sr Pastor & Assoc. Pastor (Former Employee), Dickson, TNJune 24, 2014
job was fulfilling, very busy most every day. I learned Microsoft office suite during my time at this job.
Done
Marriage & Family Therapist Intern (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAJune 23, 2014
I have already submitted a review. There is no more to tell.
This is it.
Nothing more.
Youth Intern/Interim Youth Minister at FBC Canyon
Youth Intern (Former Employee), Canyon, TXJune 20, 2014
Pros: working with youth, traveling, building relationships with students and parents, booking bands and speakers, working alongside other adults, etc.
Cons: worked lots of weekends including saturdays and sundays, worked wednesday all day and in the evenings, had a lot of work to do when i got home each night, had to discipline students who misbehaved on trips, etc.
My work days would begin by checking my weekly schedule to see what events were planned for Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings. I would have to run errands for the events, go grocery shopping if they included food, games, activities that needed supplies. In October of each year I would have to set the date and location for summer camp the following – more... summer and provide an estimated number and deposit. I would have to book buses to take us to and from camp based on the number of students and sponsors attending. In February of each year we would host a youth rally/retreat weekend similar to a Disciple Now weekend where we would bring in a band, speaker, college student leaders, we required up to 25 families in the church volunteer their homes for the weekend, have a cooking staff, order tshirts for the event, etc. The planning for this February event usually started once we got back from summer camp each summer in June/July. I was responsible for all activities and scripture for Wednesday nights and leading small group discussions. All of this while I was only 19-21 years old, became a much bigger task than I had originally signed on for, but we had a youth minister leave during that time and the church asked me if I would fill in, since I was already very involved with the youth ministry.
My coworkers at the church were great and very supportive and helpful during this time. I also had many adults in the church volunteer their time to help out as well. It was a very stressful environment for me, but a very rewarding one as well.
The hardest part of my job was time management and trusting others to help. I learned a lot about myself and learning to trust others in my position. There was no way I could do it all alone and I'm so thankful I had so many people on my side to help out at any given time.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the students and watching God work in and through them to better their relationships spiritually and to grow in their walks with Christ. – less

1 2 3 4 5