First Baptist Church Employee Reviews in United States

It's Church life
Music Intern (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJuly 2, 2016
Like many other places, it can be fun, stressful, and down right crazy at points. A typical day included filing music, planning worship, and leading congregation and/or choir(s).

I learned a great deal on planning special church events (Christmas, Easter, Patriotic, etc.) and keeping a steady schedule.

The hardest part of the job was ... well, if you are not familiar with church life then imagine working in a business and you get in a fight with your co-worker, but then you are out having a good time that night. That's not what happens in the church. The church is family; you get angry and the anger stays until the dust is settled then it's a prayer that the dust stays settle.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Fun workplace, opportunity to be creative and show leadership!
Teacher - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLJune 11, 2016
I personally loved my time working at First Baptist Church of Saint Cloud. I loved the staff, and the children! I got to learn how to be prepared for a lesson, and I got to learn better teaching skills. My Co-workers were very supportive, and were able to offer all kinds of ideas to better my class. The smiling faces were the best part working there, but there were some moments of difficulty as well in learning how to deal with a disruptive child. That was quickly overcome when he had a chance to be teachers assistant.
Energetic Environment and Welcoming People
teacher's assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 18, 2016
Everyday I was switched between the toddler room and infant room. I would play with the children, set up lunch, clean up around the classroom, and help children fall asleep during nap-time. I learn how unique each child is and this experience ultimately decided my major . My coworkers were very friendly and always had a smile on their face. The hardest part of the job was children who were strongly attached to their parents and would cry all day long. The most enjoyable part was getting the children to laugh or smile.
Christian based work environment, perfect for students of all ages.
Lisa Doyle, Children Director (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJune 1, 2016
FBC is a laid back work environment, that is able to work around a busy schedule. While there aren't enough hours for a full time job, it is a fantastic job for the individual wanting to make an extra $40 for gas money. Being with the children and impacting their lives even for a couple of hours a week is very special as well.
Good co-workers and fun place to work
TEACHERS AIDE (Former Employee) –  1328 16th St NW, Washington, DC 20036May 12, 2016
My co-workers were amazing to work with and I felt comfortable and welcomed. The most enjoyable part of the job were the children and taking them out to the local parks and the inside gym. The director is very organized and patient with the workers. The hardest part was trying to keep up with the schedule that was set for the children based off what the lead teacher had planned for them.
First Baptist - Excellent Ministry
VISITING MINISTER (Current Employee) –  Mt. Holly, NJApril 24, 2016
The staff and workers of FBC Mt Holly are strong Christians with a love for the Lord and a desire to serve Him sincerely. My focus at this church was on care and counsel for those the hospital and retirement homes (i.e. Pastoral care & chaplaincy). The other staff members were strong prayer and work partners, and there was a balance of worship, discipleship, fellowship, stewardship and mission. I focused also on building fellowship in the Body and especially among the men's Bible study and discipleship. I am technically an unpaid volunteer, but I was placed on the Board of Deacons and am often asked by the staff and the Senior pastor to minister in many ways.
Pros
Sweet fellowship, Strong worship
Good but not the best
Infant and Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXJune 22, 2016
I loved working there, 90% of the staff was excellent, and the kids were awesome. Every day I was in a different class room, but I always went back and forth between the same rooms. Some days were better than others, some class rooms were easier than others but that was apart of the job.
Pros
awesome kids
Cons
small/no breaks, poor management
Busy, always moving with something else to do.
Youth Ministry Intern (Former Employee) –  Mustang, OKJune 14, 2016
Although I said it was busy that doesn't mean it was a bad thing. I loved every second of working there with new puzzles coming along and event planning. All in all I couldn't believe that it just kept me in check at all times. There was never a down moment of just sitting around not doing something.
People oriented, helpful, and challenging
Building Supervisor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 22, 2016
I worked off a daily schedule of events for the day, made repairs where needed in the different departments keeping staff on their assignments. Checked inventory and materials for our needs and made purchases. Dealt with outside contractors from bid to completion. Attended committee meetings and presented project proposals for present and future needs and consideration.
My co-workers were talented and we had a team environment.
The hardest part was at times we could not fill the needs of everyone because of budget or volunteers.
The most enjoyable part was being able to help people make their lives better.
Pros
people oriented, flexibility, good benefits and very rewarding
Cons
no room for advancement
Secretary
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Olla, LAJune 16, 2016
This was a very small church that I kept there books and deposited all monies and applied them to the correct funds. I kept the schedule for the pastor of the church and had to go to their business meetings and do the minutes for each monthly meeting. Published there weekly calendar. Very nice people
Worked as a assistant
Daycare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cordele, GAFebruary 19, 2016
I would go into work everyday loving what i do and working with the kids. I learned that it is not and easy job but i try my best at everything. The management there was good and she knew what she was doing. I worked good with the co workers there I mess working there they where very friendly and i went to where they told me i was needed. The hardest part is not telling the parents how there kid did that day i got told to lie and tell them they did good. Being around the kids was what I most enjoyed doing because they made me smile and no problems where there
Pros
working with good people, taking care of the kids while there parents was at work
Cons
not being able to tell the truth to the parents when they asked
I am retiring after 29 years of satifying service in this wonderful congregation.
Associate Pastor (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSFebruary 24, 2016
I started as a youth pastor. I lost several youth and parents. . I have done an average of about 1 hospital/nursing home visit a week for over 30 years.
. I was mentored by a couple of pastors on hospital visits. I learned to observe the patients situation, to give preference to nurses and doctors, and know when to leave.
The hardest part of the job was when I had to actually deliver the news of a death to a parent or spouse.
The most enjoyable part was bringing them comfort through my own experience with death in my family and helping them recall fond memories
I would often write a poem for the family.
Pros
Many wonderful friends and co-workers
Cons
Separation from friend by them leaving the church and going to another
A great place for my children to grow up. Friendly folks abounded.
Senior Pastor (Former Employee) –  Newton, NJMarch 28, 2016
I served as the pastor of the church so I worked in conjunction with the deacon board to lead the church. It was difficult to leave such an encouraging environment but my in-laws were struggling with health issues and my wife and I had to move to be closer to them.
Is a peaceful place to work; pretty much low stress
Church Administrator (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NJ 07090March 15, 2016
I've met and worked with wonderful wonderful people. I am lucky to have a place where i can go into the sanctuary and say a prayer. I am close to home and the experience working with all types of people has been priceless.
Pros
close to home; low stress; quiet
Cons
very slight increases, no benefits
Care of Children
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ripley, MSJuly 12, 2016
I was a preschool teacher of three year olds. with fourteen to a group. I would serve breakfast and lunch. We would do an hour curriculum for a lesson with an hour for crafts. We provided outside play for about 1.5 hrs. I provided loving care to the kids.
Taking care of infants
Teachers Aide (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 8, 2016
A typical day at work is fun and enjoyable. It includes feeding and changing babies and keeping them on schedule. I have learned about being calm under pressure. My boss is really nice and listens to all of the issues you have. My most enjoyable time of the day is getting to see the babies learn new things,
Enjoyable spirit among workers
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 18, 2016
Because I go to church at First Baptist, I enjoyed working with people that I have known for years. The overall attitude among people at work is very contagious.
Pros
Co-workers and good work environment
Cons
Not the greatest pay
Best place I've ever worked
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 20, 2016
Flexible schedule, good pay, wonderful staff. It was a wonderful opportunity to be able to share the gospel with college students and host fellowship events. I truly enjoyed serving my faith family.
Productive and fun workplace
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, ILJanuary 26, 2016
My church is very fun. It also gets serious. A typical day at the nursery is busy. A lot of kids need to be took care of. On average i have about 10 kids. My co-workers are friends form school and from pleasent hill. The hardest part is trying to get the kids to settle down, but the most enjoyable part is seeing the kids so excited to learn about jesus.
First Baptist Church.
Adulys/Senior Adults Pastors assistant. (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJuly 18, 2016
First Baptist is a great place to work. I like it here. I like working with the people in the Church. Everyone is very kind. It is a Great Environment.
Pros
Great Environment.
Cons
Better Insurance.

4.4