First Baptist Church

First Baptist Church Employee Reviews

Work is fairly challenging, but incredibly friendly.
Camp Counselor (Current Employee), Decatur, GAJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Weekends off
Cons: No free lunch
The day begins at 7:15 AM, wherein those working the early shift set up the game room, and wipe down tables and chairs. Children arrive at 9 AM, and counselors engage them. When the children are divided into their separate groups, each counselor is given an age group for which he or she is responsible, and whom the counselor must direct to various activities throughout the day. The work atmosphere is calm, and the counselors are always engaged with the children. Working with children is rewarding for some, and not for others. I enjoy taking time to speak to certain children who I feel require more attention.
Flexible place to work at.
Administrator (Current Employee), Houston,TXJune 25, 2015
My overall working experience here has been great. The people are nice and understanding. The work wasn't too much of an overload. And I will continue to have nothing but good things to say about working for this non-profit organization.
Fun enviroment with babies
Child care worker (Former Employee), Lavon, TXJune 23, 2015
Pros: We did get paid wether we had babies in there or not
Cons: We could only work on Wednesdays and Sundays
Easiest thing in the world taking care of babies and young toddlers in a large room full of toys. I took care of the young ones while their mommy and daddies went to church services. We played with them, entertained them, read to them about Jesus, fed them when the needed also changed their diapers when needed. We loved rocking the babies when they wanted or needed to be rocked. Most of the ladies I worked with were awesome. Most of the ladies wanted me to take over the director position. Just the director wasn't ready to move on yet. I moved away and had to quit. I miss the babies.
great experience and environment for a inexperienced preacher
Interim Pastor (Former Employee), Nolanville, TXJune 16, 2015
Pros: Great community and family friendly environment.
Cons: Working every weekend limits weekend traveling.
Great leadership within the church helped me master the intricacies of leading a church. A very loving environment that supported me and my family. I enjoyed dealing with the type of counseling issues that I encountered, and visiting shut ins and making hospital visits were very much in line with my personal likes and talents.
Laid back atmosphere, able to get the job done.
Network Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Fort Smith, ARJune 8, 2015
Pros: Stress-free work environment
Cons: No chance of advancement in pay
Never too stressful at work, schedules are clearly defined and co-workers are easy to get along with.

Able to do the job without hindrances, reasonable needs are quickly fulfilled.
Maintenance Perrsonnel (Current Employee), Summit, MSJune 6, 2015
This is my part time job I come in Mornings get my to do list they have for me & I do as many as I can in the work day. Great job I am blessed to be working with great people. Going to get the material for the job. Finishing the job is a great feeling.
Positively Enriching
Director of Broadcast (Current Employee), Bossier City, LAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits and time off over and beyond scheduled vacations
Cons: Long work hours and Sunday's required
First Baptist Church of Bossier City has been the most rewarding, and educational work experience to date. This church stepped when when I needed a job and allowed me to grow into a job that demanded excellence and attention to detail. I truly love Video Production and to be able to produce a long running television broadcast and the peripheral promos
Good work environment
Nursery Worker (Current Employee), Kosciusko, MSJune 2, 2015
A typical work day at First Baptist Church consists of watching children for two or three hours in the evening. The number of children variates for each event. It is a very good work environment. Everyone is very cooperative. We are a team. The most difficult part of working with children is their fluctuating moods; however, it has helped me exercise patience. My favorite thing about working with children is their sweet, loving nature.
excellent workplace
Financial Secretary/Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Peekskill, NYMay 29, 2015
I love all the people at this volunteer job. I report to the Pastor and produce all his financials as well as keeping track of all donations. I love working with numbers.
Great Place
Administrative assistant (Current Employee), Bryan, TexasMay 26, 2015
this is a great work environment, the people are awesome and it is a joy to come and be apart of this team. Each day was a new experience, there was always something going on, there was never a dull day
Beneficial to volunteer here and work with children.
Sunday School Preschool Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAMay 18, 2015
Pros: I play with children and teach them every Sunday.
Cons: Not enough coverage at times.
Volunteering here has impacted my life not just as a teacher, but as a person. These children have touched my life and even though it is a volunteer job, it is still a job and being there to teach children about Jesus, and that there is someone who loves them, (including me), is very rewarding and I wouldn't change that for anything. This job has prepared me to professionally seek out a job where I am one-on-one with children and obtain my licence and become a Child and Family Counselor.
Wonderful place to work!
Church Secretary (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, TXMay 13, 2015
Being a church secretary to (4) pastors was an awesome experience!

Great atmosphere!

Family oriented staff!

Loved the congregation!
Small church staff with good communication
support staff (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCMay 11, 2015
I am responsible for updating the website, all printed materials including the weekly bulletin and inserts, and communicating with different groups within the church with mass emails and mailings. I also answer the telephone. My coworkers are mostly organized and effective. They are pleasant and talkative. The hardest part of the job is that it is repetitive and not as challenging as I would like. The most enjoyable is helping others and the creating publications and working on the website.
I love gymnastics!
Gymnastics Instructor (Former Employee), Minden, LAMay 8, 2015
Working with children and teaching them gymnastics.
I learned to have a lot of patience but fully enjoyed working with children.
I worked by myself.
Gymnastics and teaching it comes natural so nothing was hard about the job.
I love working with children and teaching gymnastics so everything was enjoyable about this job!
10 YEARS SERVING THE LORD
CONTROLLER (Former Employee), Naples, FLMay 6, 2015
Pros: THE PEOPLE I WAS SERVING
ANOTHER WONDERFUL NON-PROFIT EXPERIENCE SERVING WITH GREAT PEOPLE. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS KNOWING WHAT I WAS DOING HAD PURPOSE.
Fast-paced office responding to requests from members
Church Business Administrator (Former Employee), Rockville, MDApril 18, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to work independently
Cons: Lack of clear hierarchical pathway to solve problems.
Working at FBCR was quite exciting. Though the day may have been planned with specific tasks, at a moment's notice the request of a member or community resident could cause that to be set aside in order to assist with their request. Each staff person had specific tasks assigned to them, and there was little opportunity to work together. The hardest part of the job was trying to respond to requests for assistance like money for food, or housing, and not having the resources to help them. The best part of the job was being able to respond quickly and completely to the request of a member.
It's very fun and energizing to hang out with kids!
Childcare Worker (Current Employee), Wichita Falls, TXApril 15, 2015
I love being in this environment because it's so positive and encouraging. I usually just watch kids until it's time for them to go to class. I lead an awana group on Wednesday nights. There's nothing really challenging in this job but the best part about it is being with the kids and having an influence on them.
Maturity
Student Pastor (Current Employee), Munday, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Loving, Caring, supportive
Cons: pay for all utilities, insurance, rent, implied expectations, no freedom
Learned: ABout Maturity/ Perseverance

9 hours or more daily.

Management: Balance between ministry and Marriage

Co Workers: we Worked well together mostly.

Hardest Part of Job: Was Balance

Most Enjoyable Part: Loving People like Jesus
Good atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Orangeburg, SCApril 8, 2015
Day to day would check all phone lines, do the hospital list, get the newsletter together, answer all phone calls, emails, etc...
Simple job with decent pay.
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee), Payette, IDApril 1, 2015
Pros: Extremely flexible work hours.
The custodian work was simple but rather time consuming. The compliments and the check that was received afterwards felt quite rewarding.

1 2 3 4 5