First Baptist Church

First Baptist Church Employee Reviews

excellent workplace
Financial Secretary/Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Peekskill, NYMay 29, 2015
I love all the people at this volunteer job. I report to the Pastor and produce all his financials as well as keeping track of all donations. I love working with numbers.
Great Place
Administrative assistant (Current Employee), Bryan, TexasMay 26, 2015
this is a great work environment, the people are awesome and it is a joy to come and be apart of this team. Each day was a new experience, there was always something going on, there was never a dull day
Beneficial to volunteer here and work with children.
Sunday School Preschool Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAMay 18, 2015
Pros: I play with children and teach them every Sunday.
Cons: Not enough coverage at times.
Volunteering here has impacted my life not just as a teacher, but as a person. These children have touched my life and even though it is a volunteer job, it is still a job and being there to teach children about Jesus, and that there is someone who loves them, (including me), is very rewarding and I wouldn't change that for anything. This job has prepared me to professionally seek out a job where I am one-on-one with children and obtain my licence and become a Child and Family Counselor.
Wonderful place to work!
Church Secretary (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, TXMay 13, 2015
Being a church secretary to (4) pastors was an awesome experience!

Great atmosphere!

Family oriented staff!

Loved the congregation!
Small church staff with good communication
support staff (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCMay 11, 2015
I am responsible for updating the website, all printed materials including the weekly bulletin and inserts, and communicating with different groups within the church with mass emails and mailings. I also answer the telephone. My coworkers are mostly organized and effective. They are pleasant and talkative. The hardest part of the job is that it is repetitive and not as challenging as I would like. The most enjoyable is helping others and the creating publications and working on the website.
I love gymnastics!
Gymnastics Instructor (Former Employee), Minden, LAMay 8, 2015
Working with children and teaching them gymnastics.
I learned to have a lot of patience but fully enjoyed working with children.
I worked by myself.
Gymnastics and teaching it comes natural so nothing was hard about the job.
I love working with children and teaching gymnastics so everything was enjoyable about this job!
10 YEARS SERVING THE LORD
CONTROLLER (Former Employee), Naples, FLMay 6, 2015
Pros: THE PEOPLE I WAS SERVING
ANOTHER WONDERFUL NON-PROFIT EXPERIENCE SERVING WITH GREAT PEOPLE. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS KNOWING WHAT I WAS DOING HAD PURPOSE.
Fast-paced office responding to requests from members
Church Business Administrator (Former Employee), Rockville, MDApril 18, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to work independently
Cons: Lack of clear hierarchical pathway to solve problems.
Working at FBCR was quite exciting. Though the day may have been planned with specific tasks, at a moment's notice the request of a member or community resident could cause that to be set aside in order to assist with their request. Each staff person had specific tasks assigned to them, and there was little opportunity to work together. The hardest part of the job was trying to respond to requests for assistance like money for food, or housing, and not having the resources to help them. The best part of the job was being able to respond quickly and completely to the request of a member.
It's very fun and energizing to hang out with kids!
Childcare Worker (Current Employee), Wichita Falls, TXApril 15, 2015
I love being in this environment because it's so positive and encouraging. I usually just watch kids until it's time for them to go to class. I lead an awana group on Wednesday nights. There's nothing really challenging in this job but the best part about it is being with the kids and having an influence on them.
Maturity
Student Pastor (Current Employee), Munday, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Loving, Caring, supportive
Cons: pay for all utilities, insurance, rent, implied expectations, no freedom
Learned: ABout Maturity/ Perseverance

9 hours or more daily.

Management: Balance between ministry and Marriage

Co Workers: we Worked well together mostly.

Hardest Part of Job: Was Balance

Most Enjoyable Part: Loving People like Jesus
Good atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Orangeburg, SCApril 8, 2015
Day to day would check all phone lines, do the hospital list, get the newsletter together, answer all phone calls, emails, etc...
Simple job with decent pay.
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee), Payette, IDApril 1, 2015
Pros: Extremely flexible work hours.
The custodian work was simple but rather time consuming. The compliments and the check that was received afterwards felt quite rewarding.
Good People
PASTOR (Current Employee), Centralia, MOMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Flex Schecule, Adequate Compensation for size of church, Kind people
Cons: Culture unwilling to embrace present realities. tied to traditions
It is a typical small town church. While the people here are gracious, there is a significant resistance to change. Typically I am in the office Monday through Thursday. Saturdays are generally free, but there are ministry needs that can come up at any time. Evenings are somewhat overburdened with repetitive unnecessary meetings. It took us 18 months to get to the point where the church would agree to hire another full-time staff member. The hardest part of the job are the unwritten and unspoken expectations of some members. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing lives begin to change and equipping and encouraging families.
Great work place
Receptionist/Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Abilene, TXMarch 22, 2015
Cons: pay
The hours and work place are great. However because it's a non-profit the pay is low. I really enjoy my co-workers and the church members that I work with daily.
Nursery Work
Daycare worker (Current Employee), Greenfield, OKMarch 22, 2015
I watch kids starting at newborn to age 3. The kids usually range from a year to 3 years of age. It's a really fun job and it's only twice a week. I mostly do this by myself because we live in such a small town there's usually only a total of maybe 5 kids on a good week.
Fun, Loving Environment
Child care worker (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 18, 2015
Great place to work. Honest employees and members. I had the best boss ever. I loved forming bonds with the children but some days they will test your patience. Overall a great place.
Positive environment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 12, 2015
Open to new and fresh ideas. Always positive! Great place to work! I enjoyed being able to work in a diverse group of people.
Excellent
Teacher (Former Employee), Belton, TXMarch 12, 2015
Loved woriking at the daycare. lolololololololololololololllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Very great place to work
Maintenance/customer service (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: most events, you were invited to
Cons: i was laid off
I enjoyed working there, the time I was there before everyone was laid off. The job was very busy with different types of activities from graduations to simple church service. The employers were very active in the employees daily work and if you had any questions about anything, they were willing to help.
Wonderful job
Administrative Assistant to Education Minister (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 4, 2015
Loved working for First Baptist Church. Each day was different. You were always around positive people that were there to help you in any way.

I learned so many things about what really goes into working with a church and how it is a business as well as a place of worship.

I moved to Lexington SC, so I needed to find a job closer to my home.

1 2 3 4 5