First Baptist Church Employee Reviews

Fun if you love kids
Nursery Worker (Former Employee) –  Gentry, ARApril 26, 2017
This job is great if you love children, but not recommended if you do not have patience. Also you will need to know how to do the basics like changing a diaper and feeding them.
laid back
Planner (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 26, 2017
I would say this wasn't the best job I've had. I worked maybe two or three times a week for about four hours if not less. I planned most of what was going to happen.
Pros
easy money
Cons
bad hours
Great work environment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Atchison, KSApril 24, 2017
Great work environment. Very professional staff members and very clean up to date surroundings. I would recommend this place to others and would consider working for them again in the future.
it was a ok place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Coushatta, LAApril 19, 2017
i was responsible for cleaning the church and setting up for events and taking down after the events were over. I would also clean up and help with the VBS program over the summer.
It's a church!
Nursery coordinator (Current Employee) –  Yantis, TXApril 18, 2017
Taking care of babies! What could be any better than that? I loved working in the nursery, and if it wasn't for teaching Sunday school, I'd still be in the nursery!
Pros
Parents trusing me with their loved ones!
Cons
Not having any babies to take care of.
Great Place
Minister (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 18, 2017
This is a great place to work. The people are great. Job security for sure. Its a place where one can grow in many capacities. I recommend it. Am so glad I had the opportunity to work there.
Janitor
College Intern (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 17, 2017
Great staff. Friendly boss. Great co-workers. Work was fast and slow paced, depended on what was needed for set up. I liked the people, the work was overbearing at time.
Pros
Flexible boss
Cons
long hours, low pay
Excellent volunteer employment
Volunteer Assistant Preschool Ministries (Current Employee) –  Raytown, MO 64138April 12, 2017
Excellent experience and customer interaction. Caring staff and wonderful support from all volunteers. Spiritual enrichment and Christian atmosphere. Management staff very caring and kids are respectful.
Positive and friendly workplace
Family Ministry Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOApril 7, 2017
The staff at First Baptist are very friendly and it is a pleasure to work here. The church is very good about rewarding time off and boosting workplace morale.
Pros
Time off and kind employers
It was a nice place to live and worship.
Pastor (Former Employee) –  Marengo, ILApril 6, 2017
This was a truly wonderful place to serve as pastor. The church was a traditional Baptist Church that wanted to serve their community. The music is a great blend of old hymns and new praise songs with a strong biblical preaching
A close knit family church.
Interim Senior Pastor (Former Employee) –  Cambria, CAMarch 31, 2017
Church is very spiritually focused, and functions as a close family. Community outreach is important. Current senior pastor seems to be focused on serving families.
The environment is very friendly, very organized. The payment is very low.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 28, 2017
In the program where I worked, there were few children between 4 and 6 children.
I worked most of the time one and one. There were two more teacher who supported during the class. The environment at Baptist Church was very friendly and very organized. The mos enjoyable part of the job was meeting such a great teachers and staff members.
Pros
Very friendly
Cons
Payment low
A place where hard work and creativity are celebrated
Preschool Ministry Assistant (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 20, 2017
Fast paced, creative, Christian organization, interested in the needs and spiritual well-being of their employees. It is an extremely positive place to work, with many opportunities for service.
Friendly and fun workplace
2 year old teacher (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKMarch 13, 2017
The employees are very good with the children, and it's a great learning environment. My co-teacher was very helpful and we collaborated well together. The program is also well managed.
Pros
Potluck lunches
Cons
short breaks
Wonderful
Volunteer Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 9, 2017
I had a wonderful time volunteering with First Baptist Church. Everyday started at 7 am and ended at 7pm. If anything working with children has taught me to have nothing but time and patience to help them learn to the best of their abilities.
Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hooks, TXMarch 9, 2017
The church was in need of some help with getting church announcements ready for future services both on PowerPoint presentations and church website. I only worked a couple of hours one day out of the week strictly volunteer work which I was more than happy to do. I actually enjoyed working there and had a hard time leaving when a paying job opportunity became available.
Pros
Quiet working in a christian church environment
Cons
Working at the church is very rewarding.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Batesville, ARMarch 6, 2017
I answered phones, and helped members and visitors with any needs they may have. The administrator and ministerial staff are easy to work for and and very kind.
nice place to work
child care provider (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMarch 3, 2017
aml only working as on call when someone calls in sick, So do not have a whole lot to say about company, go to this church so it is a great place to fellowship with people, and the childrens cared is Christian based,and a safe environment for children babies and oldler.
Fun workplace
Nursery Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHFebruary 28, 2017
Great place to work, people are fun to be around and the atmosphere is great as well. Building is sound and warm, while being well lighted and nice. Everyone is welcomed
A Church with great potential
Senior Pastor (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOFebruary 10, 2017
This church had a great potential, but there were a few vocal members who constantly resisted and change or improvements.
The church has a small group that did not trust a pastor or other staff and they used their "influence" to block anything they did not approve of.
But there were other members who were very positive and desired to see the church change and reach people.
Pros
Has the resources
Cons
Would not allow anyone to use these resouces to reach people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Baptist Church. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4