First Baptist Church Employee Reviews in United States

People oriented, helpful, and challenging
Building Supervisor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 22, 2016
I worked off a daily schedule of events for the day, made repairs where needed in the different departments keeping staff on their assignments. Checked inventory and materials for our needs and made purchases. Dealt with outside contractors from bid to completion. Attended committee meetings and presented project proposals for present and future needs and consideration.
My co-workers were talented and we had a team environment.
The hardest part was at times we could not fill the needs of everyone because of budget or volunteers.
The most enjoyable part was being able to help people make their lives better.
Pros
people oriented, flexibility, good benefits and very rewarding
Cons
no room for advancement
Worked as a assistant
Daycare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cordele, GAFebruary 19, 2016
I would go into work everyday loving what i do and working with the kids. I learned that it is not and easy job but i try my best at everything. The management there was good and she knew what she was doing. I worked good with the co workers there I mess working there they where very friendly and i went to where they told me i was needed. The hardest part is not telling the parents how there kid did that day i got told to lie and tell them they did good. Being around the kids was what I most enjoyed doing because they made me smile and no problems where there
Pros
working with good people, taking care of the kids while there parents was at work
Cons
not being able to tell the truth to the parents when they asked
Supportive place to work in, many benefits
Director of Adult Education (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKDecember 11, 2015
A fulfilling place to be. I have had many years of work here, having been through many changes of staff. I have learned so much, especially to be flexible, to be a team player with many staff workers. I have enjoyed working in management with paid employees as well as with volunteers who work so diligently year after year.
Maybe the hardest part of the job, yet what makes it so diverse, is the difference in the personalities and ages of people on staff. It can be a challenge. At the same time, this is what keeps us fresh, hearing so many different perspectives and ideas on how to go about our work.
The most enjoyable part of the job/work is that we share common beliefs and goals in life. I have great support and respect in my colleagues as well as members.
Breakroom was nice and free coffee
Accounts Payable Clerk / Insurance Liaison (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 22, 2015
A/P for monthly invoices and match up Purchase Orders, Run checks, Verify employees credit card bills, and follow up with outstanding invoices. Great co-workers and management. Getting PO back in order to match up with invoices to pay.
Pros
Healthcare and 401k benefits
Cons
not many vacations days
Is a peaceful place to work; pretty much low stress
Church Administrator (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NJ 07090March 15, 2016
I've met and worked with wonderful wonderful people. I am lucky to have a place where i can go into the sanctuary and say a prayer. I am close to home and the experience working with all types of people has been priceless.
Pros
close to home; low stress; quiet
Cons
very slight increases, no benefits
Great work environment with a very caring staff
Pastor's Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 7, 2016
My tasks changed during my employment at FBC, Winston-Salem. I was hired as the senior pastor's secretary. My first weeks were spent catching up where the previous secretary had left off, with huge piles of back up filing. There was no one to give me any training. I just had to jump right in and learn the ropes on my own. I scheduled appointments, made travel arrangements and managed his schedule with Google Calendar. I reviewed spending and maintained confidentiality of private funding for counseling clients, created and maintained Excel spreadsheets and insured data integrity and accuracy, and assisted him with sermon research and study materials.

Several months into my employment the pastor retired. I had no prior knowledge of his plan to do so, but FBC kept me on as an office administrator. My responsibility was the production of a portion of the weekly church bulletin using MS Publisher, the publishing and distribution of the weekly e-newsletter using Constant Contact and the maintenance of portions of the church website using Joomla content management framework. I enjoyed this part of my job very much and was introduced to some very basic HTML.
First Baptist - Excellent Ministry
VISITING MINISTER (Current Employee) –  Mt. Holly, NJApril 24, 2016
The staff and workers of FBC Mt Holly are strong Christians with a love for the Lord and a desire to serve Him sincerely. My focus at this church was on care and counsel for those the hospital and retirement homes (i.e. Pastoral care & chaplaincy). The other staff members were strong prayer and work partners, and there was a balance of worship, discipleship, fellowship, stewardship and mission. I focused also on building fellowship in the Body and especially among the men's Bible study and discipleship. I am technically an unpaid volunteer, but I was placed on the Board of Deacons and am often asked by the staff and the Senior pastor to minister in many ways.
Pros
Sweet fellowship, Strong worship
Praise the Lord
Custodian and Sanitation Tec (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAOctober 19, 2015
Great place to worship and praise the lord while keeping the place nice clean and safe for the members that attend. I have worked for the church for the past 4 years also attend the church for the past 27 years. Proud of the place that I take care of and worship at.
I am retiring after 29 years of satifying service in this wonderful congregation.
Associate Pastor (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSFebruary 24, 2016
I started as a youth pastor. I lost several youth and parents. . I have done an average of about 1 hospital/nursing home visit a week for over 30 years.
. I was mentored by a couple of pastors on hospital visits. I learned to observe the patients situation, to give preference to nurses and doctors, and know when to leave.
The hardest part of the job was when I had to actually deliver the news of a death to a parent or spouse.
The most enjoyable part was bringing them comfort through my own experience with death in my family and helping them recall fond memories
I would often write a poem for the family.
Pros
Many wonderful friends and co-workers
Cons
Separation from friend by them leaving the church and going to another
It was Awesome
Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, ARNovember 18, 2015
Great place to work with a wonderful Mentor and great Management. It was all about getting things done as a team, and having it be effective, whether that was copying papers, grabbing some food for a little pow-wow, or writing lessons for the entire congregation to hear. Overall, I loved it, it was an amazing three months and I learned a whole lot from it.
Pros
Free Lunch sometimes, Great Environment, Great people
Cons
Internship, Frequent Trips, Lots of last minute changes.
Wonderful
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  O'Donnell, TXFebruary 23, 2016
FBC was a blessing and a job which allowed me to get onto my feet when I moved to Texas. The people were pleasant and easy to work with. The company did not offer health benefits or paid days off which is why I left.
Energetic Environment and Welcoming People
teacher's assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 18, 2016
Everyday I was switched between the toddler room and infant room. I would play with the children, set up lunch, clean up around the classroom, and help children fall asleep during nap-time. I learn how unique each child is and this experience ultimately decided my major . My coworkers were very friendly and always had a smile on their face. The hardest part of the job was children who were strongly attached to their parents and would cry all day long. The most enjoyable part was getting the children to laugh or smile.
Great community of people
Office Administration (Current Employee) –  Reading, MAJanuary 14, 2016
Primary focus of position relates to publishing information and communication for church activities. Many diverse activities managing office and building activities.
Pros
supportive of employees
Cons
non profit - minimal financial advancement
I like job culture
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 21, 2016
work long day people were nice to work for but you never had a day off.Management heip you learn new thing.and work people in the church
An excellent place to work, learn and grow.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, MOAugust 21, 2015
A very fun place to work and grow. I not only grew as a team member but also independently. Management was encouraging and welcomed opinions. My job was very diverse. I was administrative assistant to two Ministers, processed accounts receivable, maintained member database, maintained benevolence spreadsheet and processed contributions in excess of 6 figures per month. The hardest part of my job was when I had to deny benevolent assistant to someone coming in needing assistance due to economic stress. The most enjoyable part of my job was the daily camaraderie between co-workers, our monthly luncheons building relationships.
Pros
Flexible during personal appointments ie; Dr. Dentist and during inclement weather.
Cons
Being a religious organization, pay increases where minimal.
My ideal job, but I couldn't manage on the salary.
Administrative Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 11, 2016
I worked for a Pastor who was in charge of the Singles, Missions, and Seniors Ministries of the church.

I was given the opportunity to learn and use all the skills learned in computer classes I had taken after leaving banking. Plus a lot of the skills and experience I had learned in banking were used as well.

I started out doing data entry by doing the registrations for the church camp which amounted to 3,000+ campers a summer. I learned to do reports for the camp director and his board. I also had to call merchants for donations for a Harvest Time Festival which was in place of Halloween for the children in our community.

As the Administrative Assistant/Secretary I handled all the Pastor's communications for all his ministries. I did the registrations and handled the details for classes for the Singles Ministry. I also handled all the accounting and assisted in the details for the short term mission trips our members took each year.

I hated to leave, but I was working between 50 and 60 hours a week with the 2 jobs to try to make enough to live on.
Pros
I loved the work and felt I did it well.
Cons
Pay was low, I wasn't able to increase my hours to be able to get benefits, I had to have a 2nd job to earn enough
Good co-workers and fun place to work
TEACHERS AIDE (Former Employee) –  1328 16th St NW, Washington, DC 20036May 12, 2016
My co-workers were amazing to work with and I felt comfortable and welcomed. The most enjoyable part of the job were the children and taking them out to the local parks and the inside gym. The director is very organized and patient with the workers. The hardest part was trying to keep up with the schedule that was set for the children based off what the lead teacher had planned for them.
Good place to work if you are self motivated.
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Raton, NMSeptember 30, 2015
I started working at this church because the pastors are good people and easy to work for but also because I wanted to do something to keep me in shape. With the three floors in the church building and all the outside maintenance to do, plus taking care of the offices across the street, kept me very busy, which I like a lot.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No health Insuance
Fbcc
Week Day Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSAugust 18, 2015
Although it is a great and loving environment for the children, frustration from low wages has taken its toll on the employees. Therefore sometimes the quality of work is not there because there is no chance for advancement. To anyone interested keep in mind this is the not ideal job for a person having to lead a household. If you so happen to become employed there don't comewith those expectations.
Pros
Free lunch, Sick days, Vacation days, paid very day the center is close except weekends
Cons
no advancement
Taking care of infants
Teachers Aide (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 8, 2016
A typical day at work is fun and enjoyable. It includes feeding and changing babies and keeping them on schedule. I have learned about being calm under pressure. My boss is really nice and listens to all of the issues you have. My most enjoyable time of the day is getting to see the babies learn new things,

4.4