First Baptist Church Employee Reviews

Very fun place to work!
Children's Ministry Director (Former Employee) –  Canton, ILJuly 24, 2017
I really enjoyed helping out first baptist church with their children's ministry. The people you worked with were amazing, and the kids were bundles of joy. You could be having a terrible day then go there for a few hours and volunteer your time and you would leave in a better mood! Love helping out First Baptist Church and their children's ministries.
Pros
You could help whenever you were available
Good people, difficult work environment
Associate Minister (Former Employee) –  Muleshoe, TXJuly 20, 2017
Most of the people in this organization are wonderful, kind people. It is a difficult organization to work in because your success depends on volunteers and those in leadership are not always welcome to change.
my church
Hostess (Former Employee) –  New Albany, MSJuly 17, 2017
I was a part time employee with no benefits, I shopped for food that I prepared and cooked then cleaned up after. I would work with the Pastors to create menus for suppers, camps, revivals, festivals and parties.
Pros
cooked food
Cons
late hours
Christ Centered workplace
activities for all ages
mission opportunities
supportive co-workers
Excellent leadership
Very quiet, relaxed atmosphere. Church members walk in all day long to say hello.
Betty Bachtel, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wills Point, TXJuly 15, 2017
Enjoyed working here. Betty was the best supervisor to work with. Very patient and helpful. I needed to work more than one day a week so I had to move on. I did so reluctantly.
Great Place to work
On Call Office Help (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 12, 2017
Wonderful and Supportive work environment. The manager and pastor were very helpful and understanding. I would recommend the place for anyone to work.
Small-Town, Big Hearts
Worship Leader/Youth Minister/Associate Pastor (Current Employee) –  Damascus, VAJuly 11, 2017
FBC Damascus is a loving congregation that truly wants to see their leaders succeed. Located in the heart of the small town of Damascus, it serves as a point of contact for the community and visitors who populate the area.
Pros
Encouraging staff and membership, Nice location
Cons
Small-towns can get a little dull at times
Nicest people to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 7, 2017
Depending on the time of year you could be very busy or have too much free time. Did my best to assist people that walked in with their needs, Helped with mail-outs and weekly bulletins.
Pros
Liked the people I worked with and helped.
Cons
Part-time only. No room for advancement.
Good place with good people
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Marlow, OKJuly 6, 2017
First Baptist church is a great place to work. The staff and senior leadership are top notch people that want you to succeed not only in your job, but in life! I would recommend them to anyone.
It's okay to have too much FUN.
Preschool Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 6, 2017
A typical day at work was getting supplies together for the lead teacher,making sure we had ice water available for my children and providing a Christ like environment for the children,parents and co-worker's. What I learned is that I have a knack for teaching children. Management was very good,very considerate and understanding. Workplace culture was good because it was a church run day school.The only hard part of the job was when a child was brought to school,knowingly,sick only to be sent home early.The most enjoyable part of the job was watching to children soak in knowledge like a sponge.
Pros
It was church run.
Cons
There were no cons.
Financial Secretary
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MOJuly 3, 2017
Entered all contributions, paid received all A/P, A/R, payroll, ordered supplies. This was a part time/temp job. I trained the Administrator for this position, as the other bookkeeper walked out and left them unable to even open their computer system.
good workplace with amazing people
Nursery Worker (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJuly 2, 2017
I am only there on Sundays. I help take care of babies and teach lessons to little kids. We do activities, crafts, and the lesson. I only get paid for 2 hours a week. The hardest part is getting the kids to play together nicely. But I love teaching them and playing games with them.
Pros
Get to hold and cuddle babies
Cons
Changing diapers
Baptist Church part time work
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEJune 29, 2017
I enjoyed the 2 years I worked here. A little difference environment than I was used to being a Lutheran all my life but God is good everywhere. A typical day was answering the phone, filing, typing and working on the bulletin for Sunday. This was probably the most boring job in all my jobs because there was not enough work to keep me busy. They approved of my reading or listening to music which helped, but the days were long. I only worked 3 days a week.
Work Place
Senior Pastor (Current Employee) –  Battle Mountain, NVJune 29, 2017
It was an awesome experience. The pastor is able to set his own hours. it is a great place to improve your pastoral skills, due to the fact that they expect you to pursue continuing education
Pros
the people
Cons
isolated community
teacher
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Poinciana, FLJune 29, 2017
Fun and loving work environment a lot of training and learning to support the childcare industry.. loved the set hours and the parents and the chilkdren
Pros
wage
Cons
tiring sometimes
Slow paced office. Church office in a small town.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Jennings, LAJune 26, 2017
First baptist church is located in a small community. Very family oriented. Church parishioners are in and out during the day. Very interactive position.
Enjoyed working there
Secretary/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Smackover, ARJune 23, 2017
I enjoyed working there. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people. I had to make sure that everyone had everything they needed and made sure that everything was stocked up as well.
Great Place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ruidoso, NMJune 22, 2017
Enjoyed working there, but everyone in a church of 300 was your boss....at least they tho't they were! Involved in all aspects of Maintenance & cleaning, set up for special events.
Pros
Flexible Hours, good benefits
Cons
Unreasonable demands by some members
It was judgemental
Assistant Preschool Director (Former Employee) –  100 Washington AveJune 19, 2017
I learned to keep my mouth closed about myself and tr to just do my job. It was typically slow, not a lot to do, basically I did what everyone else didn't want to do.
serving for God
childcare worker/ learning center teacher (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJune 19, 2017
taught children bible verses, changed them, feed them. we did crafts and made things for parents. always seemed very unorganized and bad communication.
Pros
teachers were great
Cons
directors need to learn to communcaite better