First Baptist Church Employee Reviews

Taking Cares of children
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Proctorville, OHJanuary 27, 2016
I'd Volunteer to help take care of 2 and 3 year olds.
You'd feed them, color pictures, change them if need to be changed, read to them, play toys with them and movie time if they want.
Productive and fun workplace
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, ILJanuary 26, 2016
My church is very fun. It also gets serious. A typical day at the nursery is busy. A lot of kids need to be took care of. On average i have about 10 kids. My co-workers are friends form school and from pleasent hill. The hardest part is trying to get the kids to settle down, but the most enjoyable part is seeing the kids so excited to learn about jesus.
Good
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Working in First Baptist Church Athens was an overall good experience. I learned new things and I enjoyed my time there.
god pacel
1- Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 21, 2016
a lot, fun to work a litlle bit of stress, but ogood place to asgakjakakakakakakakkjsjsjhshworkshasahahaskajksjashshsakjsjkasasjashgajksa ajk
Pros
great
i was a four year old preschool teacher/ assistant director
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJanuary 17, 2016
i enjoyed teaching the children daily curriculum daily. i also enjoyed working in the office and handling the center when the director was out on other duties.
Wonderful Place to Call Church Home
Youth Minister/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Screven, GAJanuary 17, 2016
Left on great terms!
Moved to School and would certainly go back if God led me there.
Ministered to the students of the Church
Maintained constant cleanliness of facilities
Great Place!
Children's Ministry Internship (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJanuary 16, 2016
I loved working with the faculty, teachers, and children at First Baptist Church! This is a great place to work! I would highly recommend this Church!
Great community of people
Office Administration (Current Employee) –  Reading, MAJanuary 14, 2016
Primary focus of position relates to publishing information and communication for church activities. Many diverse activities managing office and building activities.
Pros
supportive of employees
Cons
non profit - minimal financial advancement
Fun and adventurous
Tutor & helper (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2016
A very welcoming atmosphere where everyone are so caring and hopeful. Preparing the grocery bags and handling the food to the needy does lighten up my day.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Short break
Great work environment with a very caring staff
Pastor's Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 7, 2016
My tasks changed during my employment at FBC, Winston-Salem. I was hired as the senior pastor's secretary. My first weeks were spent catching up where the previous secretary had left off, with huge piles of back up filing. There was no one to give me any training. I just had to jump right in and learn the ropes on my own. I scheduled appointments, made travel arrangements and managed his schedule with Google Calendar. I reviewed spending and maintained confidentiality of private funding for counseling clients, created and maintained Excel spreadsheets and insured data integrity and accuracy, and assisted him with sermon research and study materials.

Several months into my employment the pastor retired. I had no prior knowledge of his plan to do so, but FBC kept me on as an office administrator. My responsibility was the production of a portion of the weekly church bulletin using MS Publisher, the publishing and distribution of the weekly e-newsletter using Constant Contact and the maintenance of portions of the church website using Joomla content management framework. I enjoyed this part of my job very much and was introduced to some very basic HTML.
Supportive place to work in, many benefits
Director of Adult Education (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKDecember 11, 2015
A fulfilling place to be. I have had many years of work here, having been through many changes of staff. I have learned so much, especially to be flexible, to be a team player with many staff workers. I have enjoyed working in management with paid employees as well as with volunteers who work so diligently year after year.
Maybe the hardest part of the job, yet what makes it so diverse, is the difference in the personalities and ages of people on staff. It can be a challenge. At the same time, this is what keeps us fresh, hearing so many different perspectives and ideas on how to go about our work.
The most enjoyable part of the job/work is that we share common beliefs and goals in life. I have great support and respect in my colleagues as well as members.
great place
Childcare Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 28, 2015
People are very helpful and grateful in the FBC in richmond, Virginia. All FBC member are awesome. Supervisor and co-worker are so understandable.
Good Work Environment
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 27, 2015
Good place to work and grow. Have a great flexible schedule; however, little room for growth. Growth, retirement, health insurance, vision and hearing.
Breakroom was nice and free coffee
Accounts Payable Clerk / Insurance Liaison (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 22, 2015
A/P for monthly invoices and match up Purchase Orders, Run checks, Verify employees credit card bills, and follow up with outstanding invoices. Great co-workers and management. Getting PO back in order to match up with invoices to pay.
Pros
Healthcare and 401k benefits
Cons
not many vacations days
It was Awesome
Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, ARNovember 18, 2015
Great place to work with a wonderful Mentor and great Management. It was all about getting things done as a team, and having it be effective, whether that was copying papers, grabbing some food for a little pow-wow, or writing lessons for the entire congregation to hear. Overall, I loved it, it was an amazing three months and I learned a whole lot from it.
Pros
Free Lunch sometimes, Great Environment, Great people
Cons
Internship, Frequent Trips, Lots of last minute changes.
Great place to work.
Church Secretary (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYNovember 16, 2015
I really enjoyed this job. Had to keep up with everything, and working for them was the best. Doing everything for the members at the church was fun and relaxing.
Pros
Wonderful place to work.
Cons
Having to leave was the worst thing.
Spiritual, Caring, and loving environment
Church Secretary (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARNovember 12, 2015
Unlock building,pick up mail, retrieve messages off phone, make coffee, check calendar for any actives at the church.
Pros
I work alone most of the time.
Cons
No retirement plan.
Fun workplace
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Archie, MONovember 10, 2015
It was great to play with the little kids all day! The hardest part of my job was putting them in time out. The most enjoyable part was when everyone got to go out on the playground, they were all so happy when they got to go outside. My co-workers were a lot of fun, it was a very enjoyable place to work.
Beautiful location
Pastor (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CANovember 9, 2015
A typical day of work was checking emails, sending out new visitor letters, visiting members in the hospital, counseling people in marriage and life issues, teaching Bible studies, doing premarital counseling, performing weddings and funerals, conducting worship services, evaluating programs and systems, planning and leading leadership meetings.

The hardest part of the job for me was administrative. I am much stronger in people skills. The funnest part of the job was working with people.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Working alone during the week.
Great environment
Secretary to the Sr. Pastor and Music Minister (Former Employee) –  Harrah, OKNovember 5, 2015
I loved working at FBC Harrah. I was close to home and my family. I was also a member there, so getting to be around my church family was awesome. I enjoyed helping the community also.

4.4