First Baptist Church

First Baptist Church Employer Reviews

Professional and Great people
Office Manager (Former Employee), Littlefield, TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: family environment
Cons: no health plan
My job was 8-5 schedule. The fall through first part of June are the busiest part of my job. If I did not understand, the staff was willing to help out to explain. The hardest part of my job is really nothing as long as I keep up with my time management. I really enjoyed working for First Baptist Church because they are willing to make the job atmosphere – more... friendly but business all at the same time. – less
Great Job... people suck to work with
Technical Publications Specialist (Current Employee), Winchester, VAJuly 10, 2014
I love working for the church, but hate working with certain people that are working there.
Wonderful Christian enviornment.
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Madisonville kyJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free meals, co-workers
Genuine caring and compassionate co-workers
Clean work environment
A place to work with God's people
Child Caregiver/ Event Organizer (Former Employee), Yorba Linda, CAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: a godly boss
Cons: i was just a part time helper
I did the caregiving for the babies and the toddlers every sunday. Sometimes I got to help set up for parties and helped clean up afterwards
Friendly environment, Fun times
Volunteer (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXJuly 5, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, fun times
A Godly place to work with friendly people. If you want a good Volunteer job this is you job.
overall job were sometimes stressful
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2014
Pros: no free food
Cons: enjojed the church services
Jobs was a good job and being a Christian person a was challenging for me.
working in the Ministry...
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Fremont, MIJune 27, 2014
Pros: come and go when i liked.
Cons: to many boss's telling you what to do.
Working their was great the people were nice and it kept me very very busy.. not the same thing every day.. Worked with alot of people which is very exciting and meeting new people as well.
Great place to be they love god and singing!
Church Song Leader (Former Employee), Morehead, KYJune 24, 2014
My church family was nothing but good to my wife and I. We both were a big part of the choirs at FBC and will always have a spot in our heart for that place.
I loved working with children, they have great programs
Assistant Childcare Provider (Former Employee), Holly Hill, SCJune 24, 2014
Pros: i got to help care for children at a early age and i feel like i did a very good job.
As a church daycare they are the most friendly, supportive, and caring place that I have found to be. They are interested in the well being of others and offer help when needed.
overall a good place to work
Executive Assistant to Sr Pastor & Assoc. Pastor (Former Employee), Dickson, TNJune 24, 2014
job was fulfilling, very busy most every day. I learned Microsoft office suite during my time at this job.
Done
Marriage & Family Therapist Intern (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAJune 23, 2014
I have already submitted a review. There is no more to tell.
This is it.
Nothing more.
Youth Intern/Interim Youth Minister at FBC Canyon
Youth Intern (Former Employee), Canyon, TXJune 20, 2014
Pros: working with youth, traveling, building relationships with students and parents, booking bands and speakers, working alongside other adults, etc.
Cons: worked lots of weekends including saturdays and sundays, worked wednesday all day and in the evenings, had a lot of work to do when i got home each night, had to discipline students who misbehaved on trips, etc.
My work days would begin by checking my weekly schedule to see what events were planned for Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings. I would have to run errands for the events, go grocery shopping if they included food, games, activities that needed supplies. In October of each year I would have to set the date and location for summer camp the following – more... summer and provide an estimated number and deposit. I would have to book buses to take us to and from camp based on the number of students and sponsors attending. In February of each year we would host a youth rally/retreat weekend similar to a Disciple Now weekend where we would bring in a band, speaker, college student leaders, we required up to 25 families in the church volunteer their homes for the weekend, have a cooking staff, order tshirts for the event, etc. The planning for this February event usually started once we got back from summer camp each summer in June/July. I was responsible for all activities and scripture for Wednesday nights and leading small group discussions. All of this while I was only 19-21 years old, became a much bigger task than I had originally signed on for, but we had a youth minister leave during that time and the church asked me if I would fill in, since I was already very involved with the youth ministry.
My coworkers at the church were great and very supportive and helpful during this time. I also had many adults in the church volunteer their time to help out as well. It was a very stressful environment for me, but a very rewarding one as well.
The hardest part of my job was time management and trusting others to help. I learned a lot about myself and learning to trust others in my position. There was no way I could do it all alone and I'm so thankful I had so many people on my side to help out at any given time.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the students and watching God work in and through them to better their relationships spiritually and to grow in their walks with Christ. – less
Counselor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 19, 2014
Pros: helping clients
Cons: not enough hours
It was a awesome experience.I love helping young women and helping people in General. Preparing donations for the center.
Relaxing, fun, and productive workplace with a gymnasium
Janitor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 13, 2014
Pros: parking, many places to eat, and i could shower after work.
Cons: the pay could be better and more room for advancement
The management was awesome at this job. The typical day at work was relaxing, fun, and sometimes full of surprises. My co-workers were definitely a delight to work with, I didn't learn much more than what I already knew about janitorial work. I didn't find any parts of the job being hard at all, but I can say one of the most enjoyable things about the – more... job was the hours not to mention meeting and greeting people on a daily basis was a treat as well. – less
Great place for worship
Volunteer (Former Employee), Plattsburg, MOJune 9, 2014
The people are always welcoming. It is an older church but the people are great!
Lovely people to work with
Administrative Church Secretary (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ARJune 5, 2014
Treat their employees well
Enjoyed publishing aspects of the job
Enjoyed working with church members
Great place to begin a new career
Administrator (Former Employee), Henderson, KYJune 1, 2014
Pros: sweet people, great organization
Cons: n/a
• Provided leadership to the finance team toward the development and implementation of a $2.1M annual budget.

• Oversaw the comprehensive educational program of the church.

• Worked alongside the senior pastor to organize a $3.2M fund raising program to build a new education building.

• Facilitated a fast growing small group study

• Was a catalyst – more... for beginning new units resulting in growth in the young adult division. – less
Great, and Fun
Nursery Worker (Current Employee), Rowlett TxMay 14, 2014
played with the kids. change them, read to them. I only work on wednesday night, sunday nights and once a month on sunday mornings.
It is not fair to review.
Minister of Education and Family Ministries (Former Employee), Dawson, GAMay 14, 2014
It has been over ten years since I worked there. I did enjoy my time there.
Fun working environment
Sitter (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 12, 2014
You meet friendly workers and parents and adorable children who'd just touch your heart. Everyone is easy to get along with and work as a team

1 2 3 4 5