First Baptist Church Employee Reviews

great people
Sound Board Operator/Game time leader (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Lowry City, MOSeptember 24, 2016
it was a volunteer job and a lot of fun. its something I did when I was little and it helped me learn about responsibility. the pastor and secretary are both incredibly nice and will do anything to help you in a time of need
Fun to work with kids
VOLUNTEER TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 17, 2016
VBS was over the summer for a week so it went by quickly. However, there was a lot of preparation over the previous weeks to make sure the children have a good time. Again, it was fun to help the kids and teach them about new things and see them enjoying themselves.
Fun place to work a true learning experience
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Highlands, TXSeptember 2, 2016
Always on the go and learning new things. Very hands on the most difficult part is having a bunch of over active children by yourself.
Productive, on time, show up everyday
Cleaning church (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAAugust 29, 2016
A typical day at work was always good. I cleaned tables, moped, swept, took trach out, and vaccumed. The hardest part of the job was making sure I swept everything off the floor because I cleaned up after little kids
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Not having a break
Challenging place to work
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 22, 2016
I say that working at First Baptist is challenging because there are many changes that occur on a daily basis. There are times that you are the only person in the building which means that you have to be focused on your tasks and comfortable making decisions. The hardest part is being a team of one but it's also the most enjoyable part of the job!
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Only offer part time work
Fun, part time job, that helped improve my communication skills
Hall Monitor / Teacher (Former Employee) –  Van, TXAugust 22, 2016
This job was a good, part time, daycare job at my church nursery. I enjoyed working with the children and my co-workers. The most enjoyable part was to spend time with the kids and build relationships with them.
Pros
Close to home, two days a week, good pay
Fbc
Owner-Manager, Make a Memory (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 16, 2016
I enjoyed working at First Baptist Church in Garland. I taught pre-K for several years and later coordinated the childcare program for church events.
Big Church, Nice people
Facility worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2016
It was nice working for First Baptist Church. But the Payment was not enough compare to work load. Great People, good place of faith.
Self sufficency required
TV Director (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAAugust 13, 2016
Inadequate compensation. Uninformed management. Old equipment. Poor training. Little actual scheduling. Not much recognition. Sometimes only work on Sunday. Sometimes many Sundays.
Pros
Donuts
Cons
High pressure.
Dance Ministry
Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAAugust 8, 2016
Great ministry that reaches out to home school children and children that could not afford dance. Very happy with the opportunity I had here. The children brought me so much joy.
clean church
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Prattville, ALJuly 25, 2016
Its different parts of the building, I would in the nursery part of the building. I have clean the little baby rooms. they have tile floors which require me have to wax and buff the floors in the summer times.fre
First Baptist Church.
Adulys/Senior Adults Pastors assistant. (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJuly 18, 2016
First Baptist is a great place to work. I like it here. I like working with the people in the Church. Everyone is very kind. It is a Great Environment.
Pros
Great Environment.
Cons
Better Insurance.
great place to serve
Senior Minister (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, INJuly 13, 2016
Been serving the people here 19 out of the 27 years in ministry.
Most enjoyable part of the job is preparing messages and lessons,
followed by caring for the needs of the people
Great managers.
Child Care (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXJuly 12, 2016
I learned great people skills. They really care about the people that work for them, they love their employes. It helped me learn how to work for a company.
Pros
People Skills.
Cons
No breaks.
Care of Children
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ripley, MSJuly 12, 2016
I was a preschool teacher of three year olds. with fourteen to a group. I would serve breakfast and lunch. We would do an hour curriculum for a lesson with an hour for crafts. We provided outside play for about 1.5 hrs. I provided loving care to the kids.
It's Church life
Music Intern (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJuly 2, 2016
Like many other places, it can be fun, stressful, and down right crazy at points. A typical day included filing music, planning worship, and leading congregation and/or choir(s).

I learned a great deal on planning special church events (Christmas, Easter, Patriotic, etc.) and keeping a steady schedule.

The hardest part of the job was ... well, if you are not familiar with church life then imagine working in a business and you get in a fight with your co-worker, but then you are out having a good time that night. That's not what happens in the church. The church is family; you get angry and the anger stays until the dust is settled then it's a prayer that the dust stays settle.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Good but not the best
Infant and Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXJune 22, 2016
I loved working there, 90% of the staff was excellent, and the kids were awesome. Every day I was in a different class room, but I always went back and forth between the same rooms. Some days were better than others, some class rooms were easier than others but that was apart of the job.
Pros
awesome kids
Cons
small/no breaks, poor management
Best place I've ever worked
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 20, 2016
Flexible schedule, good pay, wonderful staff. It was a wonderful opportunity to be able to share the gospel with college students and host fellowship events. I truly enjoyed serving my faith family.
Secretary
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Olla, LAJune 16, 2016
This was a very small church that I kept there books and deposited all monies and applied them to the correct funds. I kept the schedule for the pastor of the church and had to go to their business meetings and do the minutes for each monthly meeting. Published there weekly calendar. Very nice people
Busy, always moving with something else to do.
Youth Ministry Intern (Former Employee) –  Mustang, OKJune 14, 2016
Although I said it was busy that doesn't mean it was a bad thing. I loved every second of working there with new puzzles coming along and event planning. All in all I couldn't believe that it just kept me in check at all times. There was never a down moment of just sitting around not doing something.

4.4