First Baptist Church

First Baptist Church Employer Reviews

I loved working with children, they have great programs
Assistant Childcare Provider (Former Employee), Holly Hill, SCJune 24, 2014
Pros: i got to help care for children at a early age and i feel like i did a very good job.
As a church daycare they are the most friendly, supportive, and caring place that I have found to be. They are interested in the well being of others and offer help when needed.
overall a good place to work
Executive Assistant to Sr Pastor & Assoc. Pastor (Former Employee), Dickson, TNJune 24, 2014
job was fulfilling, very busy most every day. I learned Microsoft office suite during my time at this job.
Done
Marriage & Family Therapist Intern (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAJune 23, 2014
I have already submitted a review. There is no more to tell.
This is it.
Nothing more.
Youth Intern/Interim Youth Minister at FBC Canyon
Youth Intern (Former Employee), Canyon, TXJune 20, 2014
Pros: working with youth, traveling, building relationships with students and parents, booking bands and speakers, working alongside other adults, etc.
Cons: worked lots of weekends including saturdays and sundays, worked wednesday all day and in the evenings, had a lot of work to do when i got home each night, had to discipline students who misbehaved on trips, etc.
My work days would begin by checking my weekly schedule to see what events were planned for Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings. I would have to run errands for the events, go grocery shopping if they included food, games, activities that needed supplies. In October of each year I would have to set the date and location for summer camp the following – more... summer and provide an estimated number and deposit. I would have to book buses to take us to and from camp based on the number of students and sponsors attending. In February of each year we would host a youth rally/retreat weekend similar to a Disciple Now weekend where we would bring in a band, speaker, college student leaders, we required up to 25 families in the church volunteer their homes for the weekend, have a cooking staff, order tshirts for the event, etc. The planning for this February event usually started once we got back from summer camp each summer in June/July. I was responsible for all activities and scripture for Wednesday nights and leading small group discussions. All of this while I was only 19-21 years old, became a much bigger task than I had originally signed on for, but we had a youth minister leave during that time and the church asked me if I would fill in, since I was already very involved with the youth ministry.
My coworkers at the church were great and very supportive and helpful during this time. I also had many adults in the church volunteer their time to help out as well. It was a very stressful environment for me, but a very rewarding one as well.
The hardest part of my job was time management and trusting others to help. I learned a lot about myself and learning to trust others in my position. There was no way I could do it all alone and I'm so thankful I had so many people on my side to help out at any given time.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the students and watching God work in and through them to better their relationships spiritually and to grow in their walks with Christ. – less
Counselor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 19, 2014
Pros: helping clients
Cons: not enough hours
It was a awesome experience.I love helping young women and helping people in General. Preparing donations for the center.
Relaxing, fun, and productive workplace with a gymnasium
Janitor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 13, 2014
Pros: parking, many places to eat, and i could shower after work.
Cons: the pay could be better and more room for advancement
The management was awesome at this job. The typical day at work was relaxing, fun, and sometimes full of surprises. My co-workers were definitely a delight to work with, I didn't learn much more than what I already knew about janitorial work. I didn't find any parts of the job being hard at all, but I can say one of the most enjoyable things about the – more... job was the hours not to mention meeting and greeting people on a daily basis was a treat as well. – less
Great place for worship
Volunteer (Former Employee), Plattsburg, MOJune 9, 2014
The people are always welcoming. It is an older church but the people are great!
Lovely people to work with
Administrative Church Secretary (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ARJune 5, 2014
Treat their employees well
Enjoyed publishing aspects of the job
Enjoyed working with church members
Great place to begin a new career
Administrator (Former Employee), Henderson, KYJune 1, 2014
Pros: sweet people, great organization
Cons: n/a
• Provided leadership to the finance team toward the development and implementation of a $2.1M annual budget.

• Oversaw the comprehensive educational program of the church.

• Worked alongside the senior pastor to organize a $3.2M fund raising program to build a new education building.

• Facilitated a fast growing small group study

• Was a catalyst – more... for beginning new units resulting in growth in the young adult division. – less
Great, and Fun
Nursery Worker (Current Employee), Rowlett TxMay 14, 2014
played with the kids. change them, read to them. I only work on wednesday night, sunday nights and once a month on sunday mornings.
It is not fair to review.
Minister of Education and Family Ministries (Former Employee), Dawson, GAMay 14, 2014
It has been over ten years since I worked there. I did enjoy my time there.
Fun working environment
Sitter (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 12, 2014
You meet friendly workers and parents and adorable children who'd just touch your heart. Everyone is easy to get along with and work as a team
First Baptist Church
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY DIRECTOR (Current Employee), 217 Fulton St Hanover PAMay 5, 2014
Pros: serving god
Cons: never enough time
I love "working" First Baptist, the children I have taut have grown up over the years and I am now teaching the next generation.
I serve the Lord with a happy heart and feel fulfilled.
A good place for ministry, but in the end, not the right fit
Minister of Students and Family Life (Former Employee), Morganton, NCMay 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great mountain location
Cons: problems with worship style
My week consisted of staff meetings, teaching prep and facilitation of those plans, interaction with students and so much more. The hardest part of the job was infrequent interaction with church staff. My office was not in the main office area and away from the other ministers.
I enjoy my job, but there is no room for advancement.
Nursery Worker (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 23, 2014
Pros: i enjoy seeing them learn more.
Cons: no room for advancement or benefits.
I come in on Sunday mornings and set up my with toys and I usually have a color sheet along with an arts and craft project for them to do that relates to the lesson for that Sundays lesson. I also have several other rooms to set up for other teachers as well.

I enjoy getting hugs from the sweet children and seeing their smiling faces.
great people and equipment
Youth Director/Youth Pastor (Former Employee), Forks, WAApril 17, 2014
Pros: good pay, decent equipment
Cons: not so great maintenance on equipment
At Your Disposal was bought out by BMAKK and both places were great to work for.
Enjoyed the children and parental interaction
Teacher-Preschool (Former Employee), Midland, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: knowing i was making a difference
Cons: not having the tools to do a good job
Learned about lesson plans and utilized time management skills
Great God driven, loving church family
Web Designer/Social Media Management (Current Employee), Carl Junction, MOApril 14, 2014
I am happy to handle the website and all social media aspects for the church. I am surrounded by fun, God fearing folks who will give you the shirt off of their back.
A great church to attend and serve at.
Youth Leader (Current Employee), Missoula, MTApril 11, 2014
First Baptist Church is a very family friendly church that cares about everyone.
Enjoy working there,
Pre- School teacher (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXApril 7, 2014
great place to work and i enjoyed my co-workers. Enjoyed the kids and loved their parents. loved the management..