First Baptist Church

First Baptist Church Employer Reviews

Lovely people to work with
Administrative Church Secretary (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ARJune 5, 2014
Treat their employees well
Enjoyed publishing aspects of the job
Enjoyed working with church members
Great place to begin a new career
Administrator (Former Employee), Henderson, KYJune 1, 2014
Pros: sweet people, great organization
Cons: n/a
• Provided leadership to the finance team toward the development and implementation of a $2.1M annual budget.

• Oversaw the comprehensive educational program of the church.

• Worked alongside the senior pastor to organize a $3.2M fund raising program to build a new education building.

• Facilitated a fast growing small group study

• Was a catalyst – more... for beginning new units resulting in growth in the young adult division. – less
Great, and Fun
Nursery Worker (Current Employee), Rowlett TxMay 14, 2014
played with the kids. change them, read to them. I only work on wednesday night, sunday nights and once a month on sunday mornings.
It is not fair to review.
Minister of Education and Family Ministries (Former Employee), Dawson, GAMay 14, 2014
It has been over ten years since I worked there. I did enjoy my time there.
Fun working environment
Sitter (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 12, 2014
You meet friendly workers and parents and adorable children who'd just touch your heart. Everyone is easy to get along with and work as a team
First Baptist Church
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY DIRECTOR (Current Employee), 217 Fulton St Hanover PAMay 5, 2014
Pros: serving god
Cons: never enough time
I love "working" First Baptist, the children I have taut have grown up over the years and I am now teaching the next generation.
I serve the Lord with a happy heart and feel fulfilled.
A good place for ministry, but in the end, not the right fit
Minister of Students and Family Life (Former Employee), Morganton, NCMay 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great mountain location
Cons: problems with worship style
My week consisted of staff meetings, teaching prep and facilitation of those plans, interaction with students and so much more. The hardest part of the job was infrequent interaction with church staff. My office was not in the main office area and away from the other ministers.
I enjoy my job, but there is no room for advancement.
Nursery Worker (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 23, 2014
Pros: i enjoy seeing them learn more.
Cons: no room for advancement or benefits.
I come in on Sunday mornings and set up my with toys and I usually have a color sheet along with an arts and craft project for them to do that relates to the lesson for that Sundays lesson. I also have several other rooms to set up for other teachers as well.

I enjoy getting hugs from the sweet children and seeing their smiling faces.
great people and equipment
Youth Director/Youth Pastor (Former Employee), Forks, WAApril 17, 2014
Pros: good pay, decent equipment
Cons: not so great maintenance on equipment
At Your Disposal was bought out by BMAKK and both places were great to work for.
Enjoyed the children and parental interaction
Teacher-Preschool (Former Employee), Midland, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: knowing i was making a difference
Cons: not having the tools to do a good job
Learned about lesson plans and utilized time management skills
Great God driven, loving church family
Web Designer/Social Media Management (Current Employee), Carl Junction, MOApril 14, 2014
I am happy to handle the website and all social media aspects for the church. I am surrounded by fun, God fearing folks who will give you the shirt off of their back.
A great church to attend and serve at.
Youth Leader (Current Employee), Missoula, MTApril 11, 2014
First Baptist Church is a very family friendly church that cares about everyone.
Enjoy working there,
Pre- School teacher (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXApril 7, 2014
great place to work and i enjoyed my co-workers. Enjoyed the kids and loved their parents. loved the management..
Very rewarding environment, making a difference in the church, community and youth.
Mentor, Assistant Media Director (Current Employee), Petersburg, VAApril 4, 2014
Pros: i worked in the church
Cons: did not get paid but was still rewarding for me personally.
A typical day at work would be coming in helping kids with their homework and doing one on one work with my student while taking pictures and preparing for the events in the church sunday.
I furthered my photography skill and learned how to effectively get though to children to help them to my best ability.
The management was great they gave me full – more... creative control over projects and my mentoring.
My coworkers were helpful we worked as a team filling in for each other and helping each other as problems were presented.
The hardest part of the job was not having some necessary resources for me to do my job better.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the kids and the church advance through mentoring and my media skills. – less
Working to create an identity and motivate congregation
Staff (Current Employee), Mauldin, SCApril 2, 2014
Pros: freedom in the work place
Cons: lacking motivation
Lots of freedom in the work environment, but not much direction. The upper management seems to lack vision and implementation skills. The congregation is very loving and friendly.
Awesome
Pastoral Intern (Current Employee), Bemidji, MNMarch 29, 2014
Pros: knowledgeable, theologically sound, welcoming and loving
This is the best place to intern in Bemidji! The staff is great and the people have a heart for the Lord that you won't find anywhere else.
Providing hope everyday
Youth Program Director (Former Employee), Piedmont, MOMarch 21, 2014
Pros: making a difference
Cons: never knowing if what you do will provide change
Working every week in a faith based setting with the goal of providing hope to anyone that you come in contact with, can be both challenging and rewarding. Knowing you cannot force people to make the best choices can be tough; watching people make mistakes can be hard. But knowing that I can make a difference, encourage, and support others through life – more... makes everything worth while. – less
Researcher Intern (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch and coffee
- Enjoyed throughout
- Co-workers are kind
- Learned about research
Teacher Aid
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), Madera, CAMarch 2, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, great enviroment, great families
I was teachers helper. I created bulletin boards, helped kids with the crafts and assisted the teachers.
Workouts, long walks in beautiful public parks.
Senior Pastor (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: we celebrate with the community countless times a year wherein food is shared, thoughts, ideas, and much more.
Cons: it is hard to get away for personal time, but it happens. unfortunately, no retirement package are available, however, full health care is included.
Each day is a new one working with people who are searching for more or themselves, and how they can contribute to each other, institution, community and the world.
People can be very fragile, critical, and helpful toward management and their co-workers. My co-workers are my reference group. We learn from negative experiences.
This is not a boring position – more... since primarily new things are always happening in the church, or community. Most exciting is being able to help someone be able to become a better person leading by example and hearing them echo with thanksgiving same. – less

First Baptist Church Photos