First Baptist Church

First Baptist Church Employer Reviews

Fun working environment
Sitter (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 12, 2014
You meet friendly workers and parents and adorable children who'd just touch your heart. Everyone is easy to get along with and work as a team
First Baptist Church
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY DIRECTOR (Current Employee), 217 Fulton St Hanover PAMay 5, 2014
Pros: serving god
Cons: never enough time
I love "working" First Baptist, the children I have taut have grown up over the years and I am now teaching the next generation.
I serve the Lord with a happy heart and feel fulfilled.
A good place for ministry, but in the end, not the right fit
Minister of Students and Family Life (Former Employee), Morganton, NCMay 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great mountain location
Cons: problems with worship style
My week consisted of staff meetings, teaching prep and facilitation of those plans, interaction with students and so much more. The hardest part of the job was infrequent interaction with church staff. My office was not in the main office area and away from the other ministers.
I enjoy my job, but there is no room for advancement.
Nursery Worker (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 23, 2014
Pros: i enjoy seeing them learn more.
Cons: no room for advancement or benefits.
I come in on Sunday mornings and set up my with toys and I usually have a color sheet along with an arts and craft project for them to do that relates to the lesson for that Sundays lesson. I also have several other rooms to set up for other teachers as well.

I enjoy getting hugs from the sweet children and seeing their smiling faces.
great people and equipment
Youth Director/Youth Pastor (Former Employee), Forks, WAApril 17, 2014
Pros: good pay, decent equipment
Cons: not so great maintenance on equipment
At Your Disposal was bought out by BMAKK and both places were great to work for.
Enjoyed the children and parental interaction
Teacher-Preschool (Former Employee), Midland, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: knowing i was making a difference
Cons: not having the tools to do a good job
Learned about lesson plans and utilized time management skills
Great God driven, loving church family
Web Designer/Social Media Management (Current Employee), Carl Junction, MOApril 14, 2014
I am happy to handle the website and all social media aspects for the church. I am surrounded by fun, God fearing folks who will give you the shirt off of their back.
A great church to attend and serve at.
Youth Leader (Current Employee), Missoula, MTApril 11, 2014
First Baptist Church is a very family friendly church that cares about everyone.
Enjoy working there,
Pre- School teacher (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXApril 7, 2014
great place to work and i enjoyed my co-workers. Enjoyed the kids and loved their parents. loved the management..
Very rewarding environment, making a difference in the church, community and youth.
Mentor, Assistant Media Director (Current Employee), Petersburg, VAApril 4, 2014
Pros: i worked in the church
Cons: did not get paid but was still rewarding for me personally.
A typical day at work would be coming in helping kids with their homework and doing one on one work with my student while taking pictures and preparing for the events in the church sunday.
I furthered my photography skill and learned how to effectively get though to children to help them to my best ability.
The management was great they gave me full – more... creative control over projects and my mentoring.
My coworkers were helpful we worked as a team filling in for each other and helping each other as problems were presented.
The hardest part of the job was not having some necessary resources for me to do my job better.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the kids and the church advance through mentoring and my media skills. – less
Working to create an identity and motivate congregation
Staff (Current Employee), Mauldin, SCApril 2, 2014
Pros: freedom in the work place
Cons: lacking motivation
Lots of freedom in the work environment, but not much direction. The upper management seems to lack vision and implementation skills. The congregation is very loving and friendly.
Awesome
Pastoral Intern (Current Employee), Bemidji, MNMarch 29, 2014
Pros: knowledgeable, theologically sound, welcoming and loving
This is the best place to intern in Bemidji! The staff is great and the people have a heart for the Lord that you won't find anywhere else.
Providing hope everyday
Youth Program Director (Former Employee), Piedmont, MOMarch 21, 2014
Pros: making a difference
Cons: never knowing if what you do will provide change
Working every week in a faith based setting with the goal of providing hope to anyone that you come in contact with, can be both challenging and rewarding. Knowing you cannot force people to make the best choices can be tough; watching people make mistakes can be hard. But knowing that I can make a difference, encourage, and support others through life – more... makes everything worth while. – less
Researcher Intern (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch and coffee
- Enjoyed throughout
- Co-workers are kind
- Learned about research
Teacher Aid
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), Madera, CAMarch 2, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, great enviroment, great families
I was teachers helper. I created bulletin boards, helped kids with the crafts and assisted the teachers.
Workouts, long walks in beautiful public parks.
Senior Pastor (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: we celebrate with the community countless times a year wherein food is shared, thoughts, ideas, and much more.
Cons: it is hard to get away for personal time, but it happens. unfortunately, no retirement package are available, however, full health care is included.
Each day is a new one working with people who are searching for more or themselves, and how they can contribute to each other, institution, community and the world.
People can be very fragile, critical, and helpful toward management and their co-workers. My co-workers are my reference group. We learn from negative experiences.
This is not a boring position – more... since primarily new things are always happening in the church, or community. Most exciting is being able to help someone be able to become a better person leading by example and hearing them echo with thanksgiving same. – less
A loving place
Associate Pastor - Education/Administration (Current Employee), Center, TXFebruary 26, 2014
Working at First Baptist is an enjoyable experience. It is a typical red brick, county seat First church. Some people have been here for generations while others are recent citizens. I work with each and have a good relationship with the church and community.

I have learned when to make the 'executive' decision and when to seek counsel from the established – more... group on a matter. – less
Productive workplace
Childcare Provider (Current Employee), Brookhaven, MSFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches, 2 hour "break" at nap-time, outside recreational activities.
Cons: part-time hours
A typical day of working at First Baptist Church (Wee Care) includes taking children to and from lunch, supervising nap-time and all playground activities, as well as preparing the children to go home in the evenings. I have learned to multitask at this job, to be attentive to multiple needs at one time, and to strive to please both parents and their – more... children. The management at Wee Care is great, they are always willing to work with you if you have a need or situation arise that is out of your control. At Wee Care, the majority of the co-workers work as a team and exhibit much patience and self-control. The hardest part of working at First Baptist is probably the mental strain because I do not leave my job at work, I take each child home with me in my heart and on my mind. The most enjoyable part of working at Wee Care is receiving much love from so many children and being able to give of my love to children of all ages. – less
very friendly and great place to work with children
CDC/Wee School Teacher (Former Employee), Niceville, FLFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: i was able to work around my school schedule
Cons: no health benefits
If I was in the infant room, it consisted of keeping the babies happy, fed and dry. To meet their needs at the time. For toddlers it would be play time, story time, snack time, and potty time. For older children it would consist of movie time, play time, craft time, Bible time or outdoor play. The staff was cooperative and friendly, and the management – more... was supportive. In Wee School I followed a curriculum that was geared for pre-schoolers...story time, circle time, free play, computer time, center time, lunch, playground time, etc. – less
Catering/Event Planning Position for large church
Director of Food Service Ministry (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: good work environment - wonderful congregation - good compensation package - flexible hours -
Cons: micro managing direct supervisor -
This is a very fast passed job, full of interest and interaction with a diverse group of people.
My typical day would include supervision of the food service staff in preparation of daily events, checking inventory, ordering food and supplies, coordinating event dates for clients to include room selection/set up and food/beverage selection. This would – more... lead to a written food quote, communication with client to work out details (ie; linen, decorations, etc) and inclusion on church calendar. Meeting with client, communication of requests to music ministry for audio visual needs, facilities for table/chair requirements and volunteer coordinator to enlist volunteers to assist with event.
The procurement of any additional items needed for an event was done by me. I worked directly with various vendors to ensure all needs were met to satisfy the client's request so the event would be The BEST they had hosted.
My attention to detail constantly challenged me to serve 600 guests in 20 minutes or under, hold fast to high standards for taste and presentation of food and smile throughout the process creating a relaxed atmosphere for the host and their guests.
My immediate staff were great workers and very loyal to me. The atmosphere was one of fun, "but work while you talk"!
The most difficult part of the job was constant changes made by my direct supervisor. His need to micro manage led to my resigning after eight years.
The most enjoyable part of my job were the people of the congregation. I loved greeting and taking care of my guests. They became quite "spoiled" by my Southern hospitality. – less