First Baptist Church Employee Reviews in United States

Good but not the best
Infant and Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXJune 22, 2016
I loved working there, 90% of the staff was excellent, and the kids were awesome. Every day I was in a different class room, but I always went back and forth between the same rooms. Some days were better than others, some class rooms were easier than others but that was apart of the job.
Pros
awesome kids
Cons
small/no breaks, poor management
Busy, always moving with something else to do.
Youth Ministry Intern (Former Employee) –  Mustang, OKJune 14, 2016
Although I said it was busy that doesn't mean it was a bad thing. I loved every second of working there with new puzzles coming along and event planning. All in all I couldn't believe that it just kept me in check at all times. There was never a down moment of just sitting around not doing something.
Secretary
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Olla, LAJune 16, 2016
This was a very small church that I kept there books and deposited all monies and applied them to the correct funds. I kept the schedule for the pastor of the church and had to go to their business meetings and do the minutes for each monthly meeting. Published there weekly calendar. Very nice people
Care of Children
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ripley, MSJuly 12, 2016
I was a preschool teacher of three year olds. with fourteen to a group. I would serve breakfast and lunch. We would do an hour curriculum for a lesson with an hour for crafts. We provided outside play for about 1.5 hrs. I provided loving care to the kids.
An excellent place to work, learn and grow.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, MOAugust 21, 2015
A very fun place to work and grow. I not only grew as a team member but also independently. Management was encouraging and welcomed opinions. My job was very diverse. I was administrative assistant to two Ministers, processed accounts receivable, maintained member database, maintained benevolence spreadsheet and processed contributions in excess of 6 figures per month. The hardest part of my job was when I had to deny benevolent assistant to someone coming in needing assistance due to economic stress. The most enjoyable part of my job was the daily camaraderie between co-workers, our monthly luncheons building relationships.
Pros
Flexible during personal appointments ie; Dr. Dentist and during inclement weather.
Cons
Being a religious organization, pay increases where minimal.
Best place I've ever worked
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 20, 2016
Flexible schedule, good pay, wonderful staff. It was a wonderful opportunity to be able to share the gospel with college students and host fellowship events. I truly enjoyed serving my faith family.
Enjoyable spirit among workers
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 18, 2016
Because I go to church at First Baptist, I enjoyed working with people that I have known for years. The overall attitude among people at work is very contagious.
Pros
Co-workers and good work environment
Cons
Not the greatest pay
First Baptist Church.
Adulys/Senior Adults Pastors assistant. (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJuly 18, 2016
First Baptist is a great place to work. I like it here. I like working with the people in the Church. Everyone is very kind. It is a Great Environment.
Pros
Great Environment.
Cons
Better Insurance.
A great place for my children to grow up. Friendly folks abounded.
Senior Pastor (Former Employee) –  Newton, NJMarch 28, 2016
I served as the pastor of the church so I worked in conjunction with the deacon board to lead the church. It was difficult to leave such an encouraging environment but my in-laws were struggling with health issues and my wife and I had to move to be closer to them.
Taking care of infants
Teachers Aide (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 8, 2016
A typical day at work is fun and enjoyable. It includes feeding and changing babies and keeping them on schedule. I have learned about being calm under pressure. My boss is really nice and listens to all of the issues you have. My most enjoyable time of the day is getting to see the babies learn new things,
great place to serve
Senior Minister (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, INJuly 13, 2016
Been serving the people here 19 out of the 27 years in ministry.
Most enjoyable part of the job is preparing messages and lessons,
followed by caring for the needs of the people
Awesome fellowship!
Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJune 3, 2016
I love being on staff at First Baptist Church. Great people, friendly atmosphere! The people are nice and helpful and working with children is very rewarding in so many ways!
Great managers.
Child Care (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXJuly 12, 2016
I learned great people skills. They really care about the people that work for them, they love their employes. It helped me learn how to work for a company.
Pros
People Skills.
Cons
No breaks.
Homey, great enviroment
Child Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Niceville, FLMay 14, 2016
I loved this company it was an outstanding company to work for. All the kids were fun and easy to get along with. I loved all the people I worked with, they really made me feel like family.
Good environment with amazing people.
Sound Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenilworth, NJApril 23, 2016
I learned how to use prepare speakers and microphones for a church service. It was easy but you had to pay attention to what person was using what microphone so I could adjust it to their voice.
Good Staff
Nursery Room Worker (Current Employee) –  Portales, NMApril 19, 2016
Everyone is really nice. I just wish that it was more of a full time job instead of a once in a while type of job. Also they only pay you the very minimum they don't pay you for over time or anything very cheep
Pros
nice staff
Cons
money
Good People
PASTOR (Current Employee) –  Centralia, MOMarch 25, 2015
It is a typical small town church. While the people here are gracious, there is a significant resistance to change. Typically I am in the office Monday through Thursday. Saturdays are generally free, but there are ministry needs that can come up at any time. Evenings are somewhat overburdened with repetitive unnecessary meetings. It took us 18 months to get to the point where the church would agree to hire another full-time staff member. The hardest part of the job are the unwritten and unspoken expectations of some members. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing lives begin to change and equipping and encouraging families.
Pros
Flex Schecule, Adequate Compensation for size of church, Kind people
Cons
Culture unwilling to embrace present realities. tied to traditions
Great Place
Technical Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 24, 2016
I love this job, I get to be creative & be part of a great team doing great work. As a story teller I get to do what I love most.
I help the Director of Communication. This takes a lot of pressure off a fine man. That makes me happy
Pros
Great Peopl
its a nice place
Child Care Teacher (Former Employee) –  Saint Francisville, LAMay 31, 2016
I loved it. the managers are great. The staffiis clean and neat, and they. I enjoy the customes they are nice , they make the day go by
Great to bring people together
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  McComb, MS 39648April 10, 2016
Ministry Work for the community to help those that need Automotive Repair but can't get it, it's great, fun to do, and you get to meet some very interesting people.

4.4