First Baptist Church Employee Reviews

Praise the Lord
Custodian and Sanitation Tec (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAOctober 19, 2015
Great place to worship and praise the lord while keeping the place nice clean and safe for the members that attend. I have worked for the church for the past 4 years also attend the church for the past 27 years. Proud of the place that I take care of and worship at.
Satisfying environment for visible accomplishments
Senior Pastor (Current Employee) –  Deptford, NJOctober 17, 2015
Days starts at 9:00 Am until 8:00 PM -- Tuesday through Friday

Learned Community interaction and involvement

I was the lead manager and trainer of other leaders

Hardest part of the job -- 24/7

Most enjoyable part of job -- people interaction and growth of individuals
Pros
Satisfaction of evidencing progress in people
Cons
Constant starting over in training as new people joined
Exciting opportunity to reach a diverse community for Christ
Senior Pastor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2015
I have served as the Pastor of this church for a total of 12 years. The church has some wonderful people in it's membership. There are also some controlling and difficult people.
The church is placed in a strategic location to reach the military families from MacDill AFB
Pros
loving, caring people
Cons
negative influences are very strong
Good place to work if you are self motivated.
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Raton, NMSeptember 30, 2015
I started working at this church because the pastors are good people and easy to work for but also because I wanted to do something to keep me in shape. With the three floors in the church building and all the outside maintenance to do, plus taking care of the offices across the street, kept me very busy, which I like a lot.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No health Insuance
rewarding
childcare (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, TXSeptember 29, 2015
I do this job for the kids. I have a knack for teaching and love sharing the love of God with the kids. I get to bring my own kids and sometimes they are even in my class. On the best of days I get to just sit and rock babies. I have been there so long, I have gotten to watch children grow up from babies, to grade school kids, who accept Christ as their Lord and savior and are baptized and it's so rewarding knowing that I was a part of that.
Pros
accommodating
Cons
not enough hours available
Rewarding and fun place to work
Church Secretary (Former Employee) –  Keystone Heights, FLSeptember 26, 2015
A typical day began with staff meeting and assignment of any additional work activities that were out of the ordinary. Typical days activities included:
Clerical work (filing,emails, letters, brochures, bulletins, etc)
Handling and routing phone calls,
Computer and internet work,
Dealing with contractors, sales persons, daycare workers and those church and community members (some in need of help) that visited the church office.

Learned how to manage a one person office; uickBooks application for payroll, bill paying and budget. Trouble shooting office equipment to avoid technical support. Managing calendars for all staff; updating websites. Networking with other churches and church organizations who are able to help others asking for assistance.

Reported directly to Sr. Pastor, who was considerate, kind and helpful, but also demanded excellence and perfection. He was a pleasure to work for. Co-workers were also pastors. They were easy to work with, always supportive, helpful and willing to help when necessary.

The hardest (maybe not hardest, but most stressful) part of the job was doing payroll -- making sure all hours accounted, caring for any garnishments, and paychecks were correct.

Most enjoyable was the fellowship, respect, mission and fun we shared as co-workers.
Pros
Rewarding work; very little stress. Respect shared by all. Fun place to work.
Cons
Low pay; no benefits (although I had my own)
Camp Harlow Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 22, 2015
Great community and great group of counselors and staff members was the best summer i have ever had and was a great experience and an amazing place
Fun supportive
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GASeptember 21, 2015
Ability to work with children at various levels of development.
Great environment among co workers. Christian based environment which taught bible as well as other primary skills,
Pros
friendly
Pastor of Student Ministry (Former Employee) –  Skiatook, OKSeptember 20, 2015
The work environment at FBC Skiatook is manageable, however one particular staff member wants to be in charge and is not. Still he manages to undermine and usurp others.
Custodian work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Silsbee, TXSeptember 15, 2015
Great people to work with and great hours for someone who has children. Never a moment where your not busy.The only downside is that there is no moving up in your job position.
Grace filled atmosphere
Director of Music, Missions and Media (Former Employee) –  Yoakum, TXAugust 31, 2015
Wonderful church. I led music there for 3 years and feel like part of the family. I cannot say enough great things about it
Pros
Great Pastor and awesome people
Cons
none to speak of
Fun place to work with Christian ladies at the church.
Director/Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXAugust 30, 2015
A typical day was arriving at 7:45a.m. and making sure everyone clocked in. Looking at emails, preparing classroom, leading morning assembly, teaching class, mail, typing of papers or notes that needed to go out, payroll, deposits, ordering of supplies, keeping up with tuition payments and notifying parents if they are late, and keeping up with Texas State Licensing.
Pros
Being able to run the program, working with Christian ladies, helping families, working only during the school year.
Cons
No retirement
it was a productive and fun place to work at
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 27, 2015
I loved the Job and the people that I got to meet and work with. My supervisor was great he took his time to speak with me on how I can improve on my office skills.
Excellent and God-Centered Atmosphere
Pianist (Current Employee) –  Allendale, SCAugust 24, 2015
A typical Sunday involves my reviewing the "Special Music" for the choir before the service begins. The choir and I then proceed to go to the choir loft in the sanctuary of the church. The service begins with my playing the "Call to Worship", to which the choir sings along to while the members of the congregation greet one another. This is followed by "Announcements", where the pastor addresses prayer concerns for fellow members, important church events, etc. After saying the "Lord's Prayer," I lead the choir and congregation in singing the "Praise Song", hymns that offer any kinds of praise to God. After the "Morning Prayer," I lead the choir in singing the aforementioned "Special Music," which is typically included in the hymnbook before leading the choir and the congregation in the "Offertory Hymn". The choir then exits the choir loft as the offertory plates are passed in the congregation, during which I play the "Offertory" (Typically, it is a contemporary praise and worship song, like "The Potter's Hand"). As soon as I have finished playing this song, the pastor proceeds with his sermon. With a cue from the pastor ("As we sing our "Hymn of Discipleship,"..."), I return to the choir loft and play the "Hymn of Discipleship". After the pastor states the "Benediction", I play the "Doxology," thus ending the service. When it comes to what I have learned from this experience, I can say that my piano playing has improved a great deal; I have learned to play in sync with the choir and congregation, and I'm playing hymns that before intimidated me due to complication. This is definitely  more... the most enjoyable part of my job. I can not find anything hard about this job. When it comes to the management, everyone involved at the Allendale First Baptist Office are "on top" of their jobs: the pastor decides what topic his sermon is going to be for the following Sunday by Tuesday afternoon, which is given to the members of the Office, and sent to me. I then search for hymns to align with said sermon before sending my choices to the Office Secretary. When it comes to my co-workers, they are all helpful to me whenever they need to be, and it helps that they are Christians. This is a really wonderful job experience.  less
Pros
Great Salary and Christian Environment
Cons
An excellent place to work, learn and grow.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, MOAugust 21, 2015
A very fun place to work and grow. I not only grew as a team member but also independently. Management was encouraging and welcomed opinions. My job was very diverse. I was administrative assistant to two Ministers, processed accounts receivable, maintained member database, maintained benevolence spreadsheet and processed contributions in excess of 6 figures per month. The hardest part of my job was when I had to deny benevolent assistant to someone coming in needing assistance due to economic stress. The most enjoyable part of my job was the daily camaraderie between co-workers, our monthly luncheons building relationships.
Pros
Flexible during personal appointments ie; Dr. Dentist and during inclement weather.
Cons
Being a religious organization, pay increases where minimal.
Fbcc
Week Day Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSAugust 18, 2015
Although it is a great and loving environment for the children, frustration from low wages has taken its toll on the employees. Therefore sometimes the quality of work is not there because there is no chance for advancement. To anyone interested keep in mind this is the not ideal job for a person having to lead a household. If you so happen to become employed there don't comewith those expectations.
Pros
Free lunch, Sick days, Vacation days, paid very day the center is close except weekends
Cons
no advancement
I loved working with Church members that became like family to me
Financial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Financial office at the ChurchAugust 16, 2015
The Church actually operates within an annual Budget supported by contributions from the members. Their contributions were posted weekly. All expenses incurred to keep the Church open and ready to teach God's word were paid in a timely manner. It was a blessing and a great joy to be a small part of doing God's business at His Church for 30 years. There were sad times when a member pasted away because I got to know many of them personally. Everyone that I worked with was always so kind and helpful. All in all this is a great place to work.
Pros
Regular hours, great envirement, great supervisiors.
Cons
Alot of extra year end work to do with deadlines.
A Church with Excellence in Mind
Associate Pastor (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 10, 2015
My experience of First Baptist was one of planing programs to reach people with the message of the gospel. Finances were available if the goal and presentation proved to have value and merit.

Excellence was key. Shoddy work was not tolerated.
Pros
Opportunities to develop professionalism, to utilize personal vision, and to operate without micromanagement.
Friendly safe environment
Ministry Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNAugust 3, 2015
First Baptist is a wonderful place for Christians to work. It offers a challenge and opportunity for their staff while providing a caring environment.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
No full-time positions open
Had fun time with the kids
Volunteer Registration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  10770 Rickert Rd, San Diego, CA 92126July 31, 2015
Kids are very joyful, loving, playful. You have to enjoy it. They are God's gift. Every kids has their own room and teachers depending on their ages. Teacher are very lively teaching kids and parents are very supportive to them.

4.4