First Baptist Church Employee Reviews

Organizational Leadership, Personnel Management and Educational Opportunities
Senior Pastor (Former Employee) –  Prosperity, SCOctober 11, 2017
FBC provided me the opportunity to develop personally while teaching, counseling and encouraging others to do the same as well. Taught, counseled, and challenged the membership to engage in ministry within their culture locally and abroad.
Pros
Good salary with plenty of personal time off
Great church
Pastor (Former Employee) –  Hoxie, AROctober 10, 2017
As pastor there, I meet and pastored some great people who influenced my life in many ways. I would recommend this church to anyone looking for a church home.
I love working with the kids
Floater Teacher (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCOctober 9, 2017
The children were the best part of the place I love that we have benefits and paid time off but the pay and raises were few and little. I like the fact its two teachers to a room
Alot of work
Janitorial Worker/ Nursery Worker (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNOctober 9, 2017
Now under new leadership! It was horrible at the end of my employment. very unorganized and ungrateful Management. A lot of hours worked and did not get paid for all the hours each week. I loved the babies. that was the best part of my job.
Never Again
Administrative Assistant/Financial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 5, 2017
I would frequently have to work late or start early to ensure that all work was done in a timely manner. However, hours capped and much of this time was spent as "volunteer" hours and were unpaid. Any disagreement was met with aggravation by the former head pastor. I was frequently talked down to in front of visitors and talked over/pushed out of active conversations by the former head pastor when working with business contractors. I will never set foot in that place again.
Review
Fulltime Pre-k Teacher (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 5, 2017
Working here was a big pro in my life. I got to meet incredible people that I still think about today. The only advancement is going from part-time to full-time.
slow pace
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, OHOctober 3, 2017
There isn't much work to do with lots of down time. I work for great people but need a lot more hours. Completion of bulletins, prayer lists and newsletters. Answer phones, collect mail and be available to the church members when needed.
Relaxed Place to work
Church Administrator (Current Employee) –  Laurens, SCOctober 2, 2017
A typical day goes by fairly quickly. It's amazing how busy a church office is. Most of the employees are set in their ways and have a fairly long tenure. When given a task, I like to complete and report rather than being questioned every step of the way, but I believe that may just be the nature of the type of job. Other than that it is a great, fast-paced, yet relaxed place to work.
Pros
fast paced, relaxed, friendly
kitchen staff
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 2, 2017
at the time of working there kitchen manager was not very helpful with what she wanted done, she wouldn't explain things well or would back track entirely and tell you something different.
Taking care of children
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Clewiston, FLOctober 1, 2017
The most work was with children and having to keep them from disrupting sanctuary before they left. Work was only on Sundays during sanctuary. A typical day was going in and watching the children until the teacher came to take them to sanctuary for the children sermon and taking them back after. During class passing out the assignments and/or snacks for the children was the job. So was helping the teacher with what ever he/she needed. At the end of class watching the children until their parents or the church bus driver came to take them home.
Pros
Working with little kids, and learning to teach
Cons
sanctuary letting out
Great Co-workers and Volunteers
Senior Pastor (Former Employee) –  Argyle, TXSeptember 27, 2017
The work was enjoyable and rewarding and my staff and volunteers were great to work with. The deacon body and the personnel committee oversee the pastor position. The organization works though teams and relies heavily on volunteers to see their goals accomplished.
Learned a lot during my time there
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INSeptember 24, 2017
I came into administrative work where I had the opportunity for job training and learning updated computer skills and learning to deal with many types of employees and workers.
Pros
excellent employee benefits/insurance
Cons
entry level wages are below average for this position
family feel
Financial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILSeptember 20, 2017
there is a feeling of family with the people in the church and they work together to make sure things are done and needs are meet. there is not a large staff.
Family oriented
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GASeptember 18, 2017
Was a good place to work and everyone their was very nice. I wanted to work at a church so it was great. The hardest part of my job was leaving a place I enjoyed so much but,I wanted to supervise a larger staff.
Pros
The people
Cons
Getting good help
Productive place to work; very rewarding
Church Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VASeptember 18, 2017
A typical day at work for me includes answering all phone calls, helping community members who may be without food, or shelter. The hardest part of my job is trying to schedule meetings with multiple individuals who have different work schedules. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people.
internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Washington, GASeptember 16, 2017
i had an amazing time here. The teachers are nice and helpful. The children were smart. Great place to work with christian background. I really enjoyed my internship here.
CHurch work
Missions Administrator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 16, 2017
I worked in the missions office so I got to learn a lot about international travel. We worked with the homeless as well and held a huge missions conference once a year.
Pros
benefits, hours
Cons
working on Sunday
atmosphere
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Crisfield, MDSeptember 15, 2017
I learned many programs and enjoyed the getting to know the people. I just wished I could have still been there but knew it was at an end. I was able to take my baby at the time to work with me so I still had the chance to be with my son.
Pros
met people of the community
Cons
part time
busy work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, WASeptember 6, 2017
Management is all over the place.
The work place is a little juvenile at times.
The work I did was very busy work that did not require much thought.
It was only for a month.
Pros
easy work
Cons
management
Pastor of a small church
Pastor (Former Employee) –  Osage, IASeptember 6, 2017
First Baptist Church of Osage is a small rural community. The church struggles with in many areas. The pay was extremely low, the congregation was fickle at best.