First Baptist Church Employee Reviews

great people
Sound Board Operator/Game time leader (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Lowry City, MOSeptember 24, 2016
it was a volunteer job and a lot of fun. its something I did when I was little and it helped me learn about responsibility. the pastor and secretary are both incredibly nice and will do anything to help you in a time of need
It's Church life
Music Intern (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJuly 2, 2016
Like many other places, it can be fun, stressful, and down right crazy at points. A typical day included filing music, planning worship, and leading congregation and/or choir(s).

I learned a great deal on planning special church events (Christmas, Easter, Patriotic, etc.) and keeping a steady schedule.

The hardest part of the job was ... well, if you are not familiar with church life then imagine working in a business and you get in a fight with your co-worker, but then you are out having a good time that night. That's not what happens in the church. The church is family; you get angry and the anger stays until the dust is settled then it's a prayer that the dust stays settle.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Fun work place
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 9, 2017
This was a great place to work. Everyone worked together and it was very fun. I would recommend working here for anyone. The managers are amazing and the facility is super clean.
Sunday school
Sunday School Teacher (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Atwater, CANovember 1, 2016
It was a 1st great place to start off a job career. I enjoys the kids and church activity they had were oh so joyful. Meeting new faces was also a great way to build up your social skills.
Productive, on time, show up everyday
Cleaning church (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAAugust 29, 2016
A typical day at work was always good. I cleaned tables, moped, swept, took trach out, and vaccumed. The hardest part of the job was making sure I swept everything off the floor because I cleaned up after little kids
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Not having a break
Friendly coworkers
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  threesDecember 29, 2016
This job was a great foot in the door. It is pleasing to the eyes and is a five star facility. I believe that every worker who is there truly loves working with the children.
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GADecember 28, 2016
Loved my job. Loved what i did but there was just to much stress and negativity and i just couldnt handle being talked to like im disgrace anymore. And no one should.
Its a nice place to work
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Manning, SCNovember 14, 2016
A day consisted of picking children up on the bus and making sure they are secured and safe while riding on the bus to the school and dropping them off each they as well.
Fun workplace, opportunity to be creative and show leadership!
Teacher - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLJune 11, 2016
I personally loved my time working at First Baptist Church of Saint Cloud. I loved the staff, and the children! I got to learn how to be prepared for a lesson, and I got to learn better teaching skills. My Co-workers were very supportive, and were able to offer all kinds of ideas to better my class. The smiling faces were the best part working there, but there were some moments of difficulty as well in learning how to deal with a disruptive child. That was quickly overcome when he had a chance to be teachers assistant.
Unhealthy and unstable environment.
Sr. Pastor (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INNovember 20, 2016
Deacon board is weak and driven by family powers within the church. Unhealthy leadership and influence of certain families are dangerous.
Great work environment
Lead Pastor (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, KSDecember 28, 2016
Small town church with one fulltime and two or three part time staff members. Very caring people with a heart of gold. Great experience.
Good but not the best
Infant and Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXJune 22, 2016
I loved working there, 90% of the staff was excellent, and the kids were awesome. Every day I was in a different class room, but I always went back and forth between the same rooms. Some days were better than others, some class rooms were easier than others but that was apart of the job.
Pros
awesome kids
Cons
small/no breaks, poor management
Christian based work environment, perfect for students of all ages.
Lisa Doyle, Children Director (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJune 1, 2016
FBC is a laid back work environment, that is able to work around a busy schedule. While there aren't enough hours for a full time job, it is a fantastic job for the individual wanting to make an extra $40 for gas money. Being with the children and impacting their lives even for a couple of hours a week is very special as well.
Pastor
Full Time Senior Pastor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, KYDecember 27, 2016
Care for the needs of individuals, able to be with people during the good times and support them during their times of crisis.
Energetic Environment and Welcoming People
teacher's assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 18, 2016
Everyday I was switched between the toddler room and infant room. I would play with the children, set up lunch, clean up around the classroom, and help children fall asleep during nap-time. I learn how unique each child is and this experience ultimately decided my major . My coworkers were very friendly and always had a smile on their face. The hardest part of the job was children who were strongly attached to their parents and would cry all day long. The most enjoyable part was getting the children to laugh or smile.
Busy, always moving with something else to do.
Youth Ministry Intern (Former Employee) –  Mustang, OKJune 14, 2016
Although I said it was busy that doesn't mean it was a bad thing. I loved every second of working there with new puzzles coming along and event planning. All in all I couldn't believe that it just kept me in check at all times. There was never a down moment of just sitting around not doing something.
Self sufficency required
TV Director (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAAugust 13, 2016
Inadequate compensation. Uninformed management. Old equipment. Poor training. Little actual scheduling. Not much recognition. Sometimes only work on Sunday. Sometimes many Sundays.
Pros
Donuts
Cons
High pressure.
Volunteer for 7+ years
Graphic Designer (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 10, 2016
I grew up in this church. I was tasked with numerous projects relating to my graphic design field and achieved much praise for my work.
Secretary
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Olla, LAJune 16, 2016
This was a very small church that I kept there books and deposited all monies and applied them to the correct funds. I kept the schedule for the pastor of the church and had to go to their business meetings and do the minutes for each monthly meeting. Published there weekly calendar. Very nice people
Good co-workers and fun place to work
TEACHERS AIDE (Former Employee) –  1328 16th St NW, Washington, DC 20036May 12, 2016
My co-workers were amazing to work with and I felt comfortable and welcomed. The most enjoyable part of the job were the children and taking them out to the local parks and the inside gym. The director is very organized and patient with the workers. The hardest part was trying to keep up with the schedule that was set for the children based off what the lead teacher had planned for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Baptist Church. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4