First Baptist Church

First Baptist Church Employee Reviews

Nursery Work
Daycare worker (Current Employee), Greenfield, OKMarch 22, 2015
I watch kids starting at newborn to age 3. The kids usually range from a year to 3 years of age. It's a really fun job and it's only twice a week. I mostly do this by myself because we live in such a small town there's usually only a total of maybe 5 kids on a good week.
Fun, Loving Environment
Child care worker (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 18, 2015
Great place to work. Honest employees and members. I had the best boss ever. I loved forming bonds with the children but some days they will test your patience. Overall a great place.
Positive environment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 12, 2015
Open to new and fresh ideas. Always positive! Great place to work! I enjoyed being able to work in a diverse group of people.
Excellent
Teacher (Former Employee), Belton, TXMarch 12, 2015
Loved woriking at the daycare. lolololololololololololololllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Very great place to work
Maintenance/customer service (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: most events, you were invited to
Cons: i was laid off
I enjoyed working there, the time I was there before everyone was laid off. The job was very busy with different types of activities from graduations to simple church service. The employers were very active in the employees daily work and if you had any questions about anything, they were willing to help.
Wonderful job
Administrative Assistant to Education Minister (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 4, 2015
Loved working for First Baptist Church. Each day was different. You were always around positive people that were there to help you in any way.

I learned so many things about what really goes into working with a church and how it is a business as well as a place of worship.

I moved to Lexington SC, so I needed to find a job closer to my home.
Great Workplace and Great people.
Grounds Keeper (Former Employee), Springfield, MOFebruary 17, 2015
I enjoyed the work and the people there were great! Everybody was friendly and i got to spend plenty of time with my family.
I loved the job!
Church Secretary (Former Employee), Kittanning, PAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great hours for part time 5 hour day
Cons: benifits not offered may be negotiable
This was a temporary position for me. My church's secretary had emergency surgery and I was asked to fill in during her absence. The position is working on your own most of the day with not a lot of pressure.
Low Stress and Fun
Church Maintenance (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJanuary 17, 2015
My typical day at First Baptist Church involved general maintenance and upkeep of the church. I learned how to use pieces of equipment that I have never used before. My management and co-workers were all great and enjoyable to be around. To be completely honest, there wasn't really a hard part about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in the Lord's house and serve him in that way.
Church Job
Band Director (Former Employee), Cleveland, TNJanuary 6, 2015
Provided music for a youth service. I increased my knowledge and experience directing bands with this job. The hardest part of this job was attempting to introduce progressive worship experiences in a conservative environment.
loved working with people and being help
Church Counselor (Former Employee), West Memphis, ARJanuary 5, 2015
though i heard a great problems i was always ready to give my best at making there life jest a little bit better needless to say i had no complaints
Good place if you loved kids.
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), Alliance,ohioDecember 29, 2014
Was opener, worked with parents and their children, lesson plans, set up room, clean room, teach lessons, play and anything else I needed to do for the room because of was the head teacher.Enjoyed working with my co-workers made me feel like family. Most enjoyable was spending time with the kids and teachers. Hardest was leaving for more hours and money.
summer youth employment
Food Distributor (Former Employee), Far Rockaway, NYDecember 11, 2014
Worked as a food distributor organizing and distributing canned goods on certain days to people in the neighborhood. Other duties included organizing ,sorting and receiving shipments of foods daily
Was a quiet place to work
Ministry Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Lake Jackson, TXDecember 11, 2014
Pros: i had every other friday off and i had my own office.
Cons: having every other friday off, we were all required to work an extra 30 minutes each day.
A typical day was meeting with the office staff each morning and helping the Minister of Music in preparation for each Sunday.

What I learned, working on staff at a church was really no different than working in the public. The work environment could be a bit hostile at times. Not sure I would work at a church again.

Management was far more critical than I ever expected for that environment. The job was not that difficult, but with any job, time constraints kept me on my toes.

I really enjoyed my interaction with church members and helping them with their needs. Had a great working relationship with the Minister of Music. I really enjoyed having my own office and having every other Friday off.
Very fast paced envirement. Perfect for a overenergetic person.
Sunday School Director (Former Employee), Cambridge MNNovember 25, 2014
I loved being on call for anything they needed. Whether it was set up. Tear down. Stting up for a banquet. or Sunday school and crowd control.Perfect job i loved.
Being in large and in charge one word FUN!
Music teacher Summer2012 (Former Employee), Union City, OHNovember 13, 2014
Pros: being with the kids
I love being a leader. Leadership comes naturally to me and honestly I love teaching people something new and different every day!
Fun Place To Work
Custodian, Kitchen Help (Former Employee), Conroe, TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no health insurance
I loved interacting with new people everyday, I learned a lot of different organizations our community has and helps with.
First Baptist Church Of West Mifflin
Associate Pastor (Current Employee), West Mifflin, PANovember 4, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Being a minister at First Baptist Church of West Mifflin has a pleasant and challenging aspect ministering to people needs and requirements.
I volunteer there and plan to continue volunteering there because I believe this is what God design for me to do.
exlanet
food severnt (Current Employee), prescott A,ZOctober 31, 2014
i volentere there. great jod. great people. great food. it is a charch.
Good
Financial Secretary (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYOctober 21, 2014
Enjoyed working closely with the staff and congregation. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff. On a daily basis I paid bills, entered contributions and mailed correspondence.

First Baptist Church Salaries